Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 188  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 pm 

Cartman wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
The new ocean's 8 trailer looks terrible.

Yeah and the new Sicario trailer looks as good as the first movie

Are they bringing out a Sicario 2? Hopefully it's good as the original is an excellent movie.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 pm 

I want to alert you all that I will be seeing The last Jedi at some point over the next few days and I'll be sure to give you all a fair and balanced review.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
I want to alert you all that I will be seeing The last Jedi at some point over the next few days and I'll be sure to give you all a fair and balanced review.

I for one can't wait :thumbup: make sure to post it on Christmas for extra Christmas cheer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm 

Santa wrote:
What was the black kid doing in Stranger Things?

Token Black is a staple of 80s movies and TV.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:41 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I for one can't wait :thumbup: make sure to post it on Christmas for extra Christmas cheer.

On second thought, I don't feel like paying to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:44 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:

Good point. It was part of the retro tribute. Didn't think about it that way.

EDIT: They even kind of reference that when they are dressed as Ghostbusters and the kids are arguing over who is to be the black guy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:46 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I was looking at the movies on atm today, and the studios sure have cleared the decks for this shite. There is nothing else on at all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:47 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I was looking at the movies on atm today, and the studios sure have cleared the decks for this shite. There is nothing else on at all.

Well, you'd be mad to release anything worthwhile to compete against a new Star Wars movie.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Well, you'd be mad to release anything worthwhile to compete against a new Star Wars movie.

Fair point. I was leaning towards it being some kind of jewish conspiracy to brainwash us all with SJW bollocks, but on reflection your explanation is probably nearer to the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:00 am 

paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:

EDIT: They even kind of reference that when they are dressed as Ghostbusters and the kids are arguing over who is to be the black guy.

Just looking at the historical population stats and a dungeons and dragons playing black kid in a small town in rural Indiana would be rarer than an inter-dimensional shadow monster.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:24 am 

Santa and SOTN have you met each other, if not you would make a lovely couple.
Your views are like a xerox tbh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 am 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Heh, true enough. I just don't see the point in having a black Achilles. It's been a while since I read the Illiad, but wasn't Achilles' just described as handsome, and that's about it? Surely it'd make sense for him to just look like a lad from the Med rather than anything else.

Actually, Achilles was the son of a nymph and the king of the myrmidons. The myrmidons, by their part, came to life when Zeus transformed ants in humans to populate the island of Aegina, which had been a well-known cosmopolitan centre of trade from Africa and Asia Minor for centuries. Therefore, even if Achilles were a historical characters, there is no evidence that he would be Greek at all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 am 

paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:

The penny dropped some time ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Fair enough. It's good though. Not very many films I'd pay for in the cinema myself. Only Star Wars and Blade Runner in the last year iirc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 pm 

comets wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Heh, true enough. I just don't see the point in having a black Achilles. It's been a while since I read the Illiad, but wasn't Achilles' just described as handsome, and that's about it? Surely it'd make sense for him to just look like a lad from the Med rather than anything else.

Actually, Achilles was the son of a nymph and the king of the myrmidons. The myrmidons, by their part, came to life when Zeus transformed ants in humans to populate the island of Aegina, which had been a well-known cosmopolitan centre of trade from Africa and Asia Minor for centuries. Therefore, even if Achilles were a historical characters, there is no evidence that he would be Greek at all.

I think you're reading too much into it! Also, were the Myrmidons not Thessalian Greeks?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Fair enough. It's good though. Not very many films I'd pay for in the cinema myself. Only Star Wars and Blade Runner in the last year iirc.

Blade Runner was definitely worth the admission, amazing to see on the big screen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 pm 

Just watched Bright on Netflix.

Good makeup, interesting idea, some decent action sequences and Joel Edgerton is good as the Orc. The rest of it is abit shit. Story is incoherent. Smith is dialling it in. Script is drivel.

5/10. Don't bother unless there's nothing else on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 am 

Watched The Borderlands there.
Pretty decent creepy horror movie about a church in the English countryside.
The chemistry between the two main characters carries the film through its slower parts and the ending to the film is pretty out there.

You can tell they had a tiny budget, and a lot of the viewing experience comes down to admiring what they achieve with the tiny budget, rather than enjoying the film itself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 am 

Just seen Last Jedi, thought it was tremendous. Great character-driven story, didn't go in the obvious direction and absolutely didn't end up slavishly recreating Empire which was pretty vital. Very impressive accomplishment. Laura Dern's hyperspace trick is one of my favourite sci-fi shots ever already

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 am 

Logan Lucky is a hoot :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:39 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Just watched Bright on Netflix.

Good makeup, interesting idea, some decent action sequences and Joel Edgerton is good as the Orc. The rest of it is abit shit. Story is incoherent. Smith is dialling it in. Script is drivel.

5/10. Don't bother unless there's nothing else on.

I watched that today. Pile of shite. Your 5/10 is too generous, you're obviously a caring person.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:40 pm 

Watched Justice League finally. Jesus what a mess, and boring, and Supe's CGI hairless upperlip x(
They just keep fcuking up Superman. Wankers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:24 am 

Saw Last Jedi on Christmas Eve.

Utter utter shit, fudge you Rian Johnson and Disney for basically killing Star Wars. plum.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:10 pm 

My Life as a Courgette - pretty good. Oscar nominated last year for best animated film, interesting themes explored and the stop-motion was executed very well. Worth a watch, 8/10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:35 pm 

Watched Paterson today. Some people will absolutely love it but I thought it was unbelievably boring after a while. There is no central plot but it’s completely character driven, and I thought the relationship between Paterson (Adam Driver’s character) and Laura (his partner) just didnt work. Guarenteed others will interpret the relationships in other ways, if anyone else has seen it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Saw Last Jedi on Christmas Eve.

Utter utter shit, fudge you Rian Johnson and Disney for basically killing Star Wars. plum.

Saw it this evening.

It was shite.

How this film got five star rave reviews is beyond me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 am 

Dunkirk was pretty good and watchable..slow though .. 7.5/10

Justice League was too short really, it need to be over 2hr:30minutes to make sense ..everything was rushed.. 6.5/10 ...another DC Disappointment.

IT was excellent, can't wait for part 2..... 8.5/10

Bright was enjoyable though dull, great idea, would work better as a TV series but yeah Will smith dialed it in 7/10 (mainly for the Joel and the girl who played Tikka)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:00 am 

Wonder is a bit schmaltzy for me, had potential but very average film in the end

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 am 

comets wrote:
Bright was enjoyable though dull...

Is that like being happy though sad, or tall though short?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 am 

Didn't mind Bright. Not bad for some trash holiday entertainment while the kids sleep. Egerton was quite good I thought.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 am 

Bright as a concept would have been way better as a TV series. Don't really think it worked as a movie.

Would have liked way more backstory regarding the Tolkien world - how we got to this point etc.

Smith smacking the sh*t out of a fairy with a broom was pretty cool though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:44 am 

I thought that was one of the cringier parts "fairy lives don't matter today".

Agreed I would have liked to see some more backstory, as I said further on this page it's a very interesting concept, just very badly done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:23 pm 

Watched The Disaster Artist last night, absolutely hilarious if a little sad. Franco really nails Wiseau. Pity it needed to take a few liberties because the book really is one of the most surreal and funny things I've ever read and would hardly need embellishing.

I'd give it 8/10.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:44 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Watched The Disaster Artist last night, absolutely hilarious if a little sad. Franco really nails Wiseau. Pity it needed to take a few liberties because the book really is one of the most surreal and funny things I've ever read and would hardly need embellishing.

I'd give it 8/10.

It was bloody great....the "i did not hit her" scene :lol:

Franco is an excellent actor when arsed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm 

Larry Murphy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

I'd give it 8/10.

It was bloody great....the "i did not hit her" scene :lol:

Franco is an excellent actor when arsed

He stars in some absolute dross, but he's a good actor with good material.

Looking forward to seeing the Disaster artist.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 pm 

Gazzamonster wrote:
Bright as a concept would have been way better as a TV series. Don't really think it worked as a movie.

Would have liked way more backstory regarding the Tolkien world - how we got to this point etc.

Smith smacking the sh*t out of a fairy with a broom was pretty cool though.

Reminded me a lot of Alien Nation, which also became a tv series I seem to remember. I liked Bright a lot more than I expected, woudln't mind a tv version of it. Might be a bit like the Dresden files which was a book series turned short lived tv series.

Dying to see the Disaster Artist. Looks insane.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:37 pm 

Maybe times have changed, but I watched the first two hellraiser movies, they're nothing particularly shocking at all.
Kind've goofy really.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:10 pm 

Watched Killing of a Sacred Deer last night. Very good indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:55 pm 

Saw the new Jumanji film this evening. Loads of fun, and certainly much better than it has any right to be. Big dumb fun, of course, but not in the same ballpark of stupid as the Transformers movies (which I gave up on after the 2nd) or anything like that. Jack Black is hilarious (not a sentence I ever thought I'd type), while the eye candy girl is sizzlingly hot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 am 

Geek wrote:
Saw the new Jumanji film this evening. Loads of fun, and certainly much better than it has any right to be. Big dumb fun, of course, but not in the same ballpark of stupid as the Transformers movies (which I gave up on after the 2nd) or anything like that. Jack Black is hilarious (not a sentence I ever thought I'd type), while the eye candy girl is sizzlingly hot.

Agree with this, and agree that it's a good fun film.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 188  Next