Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 194  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3653
Location: Newport, Gwent
Watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer last night, really enjoyed it and Colin Farrell has the most terrifying secret I've ever heard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21341
Location: Centre of the Universe
UncleFB wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
Only just got around to watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Great little film! I didn't really care for What We Do in the Shadows, but this was a fine return to what I loved so much about Boy.

Any other Waititi films worth watching?

You should try and get hold of his two short films. Two Cars, One Night which was the impetus for Boy and Tama Tu.

I prefer Tama Tu, and it's in your military interest wheelhouse, about a Maori Battalion unit.

Ok, here's some links I've found, you may need a to use Hola or another VPN as it's an NZ site.
https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/tama-tu-2004

https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/two-ca ... night-2003

I think his only other feature film is Eagle vs Shark which is quirky (has comparisons to Napolean Dynamite).
There's also episodes of Flight of the Concords, and for acting alone an NZ movie called Scarfies.



Cheers for the recommendations ... found them on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymh0arjaE-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyz6p97McS8


Is the Maori Head Nod a cultural thing or his thing? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14812
Nieghorn wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
Only just got around to watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Great little film! I didn't really care for What We Do in the Shadows, but this was a fine return to what I loved so much about Boy.

Any other Waititi films worth watching?

You should try and get hold of his two short films. Two Cars, One Night which was the impetus for Boy and Tama Tu.

I prefer Tama Tu, and it's in your military interest wheelhouse, about a Maori Battalion unit.

Ok, here's some links I've found, you may need a to use Hola or another VPN as it's an NZ site.
https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/tama-tu-2004

https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/two-ca ... night-2003

I think his only other feature film is Eagle vs Shark which is quirky (has comparisons to Napolean Dynamite).
There's also episodes of Flight of the Concords, and for acting alone an NZ movie called Scarfies.



Cheers for the recommendations ... found them on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymh0arjaE-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyz6p97McS8


Is the Maori Head Nod a cultural thing or his thing? :lol:

Cultural - although not in the traditional sense (pre-colonisation).
Did the links I posted not work for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21341
Location: Centre of the Universe
I only just checked now and they did. I was going to re-visit your post but something popped up at random in my youtube feed and watched it there.

Nice little exploration of three of his features, possibly by a film student by the way she's cited sources at the end. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0h3WPcPtNo


... he is a master at drawing tears and prompting a smile, isn't he? The whole death scene followed by the absurd funeral in Wilderpeople is just amazing. I also felt during the shorts that while there was very little 'substance' in the events / dialogue (or lack thereof for Tama Tu), there was an incredible amount going on if you read between the lines (especially for Two Cars, One Night).

In a way, I was glad to have stumbled upon it via youtube because the comments below added to it with people adding their memories about growing up similarly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14812
Nieghorn wrote:
I only just checked now and they did. I was going to re-visit your post but something popped up at random in my youtube feed and watched it there.

Nice little exploration of three of his features, possibly by a film student by the way she's cited sources at the end. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0h3WPcPtNo


... he is a master at drawing tears and prompting a smile, isn't he? The whole death scene followed by the absurd funeral in Wilderpeople is just amazing. I also felt during the shorts that while there was very little 'substance' in the events / dialogue (or lack thereof for Tama Tu), there was an incredible amount going on if you read between the lines (especially for Two Cars, One Night).

In a way, I was glad to have stumbled upon it via youtube because the comments below added to it with people adding their memories about growing up similarly.

Yeah, that's the great thing about Boy, it's so relatable to Maori from rural areas especially, or Kiwis in general who grew up round the coast. Hanging out at the Dairy in summer was the thing to do.

The bit how the Nan just went away for a funeral was what used to happen to my Dad as he grew up with his Nan. He's get home from school and she'd be gone for a week.

The video you posted was ok, she seems to be training to be film critic (or is), lots of 'juxtaposition'. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9387
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
You might also want to check out Incendies (if you don't mind subtitles or speak French). We had it in a library I worked in and it barely stayed on the shelf, it was so popular.

Very good film. :thumbup:


I just rented it based on this recommendation and enjoyed it, thank you, but ...
Spoiler: show
there were two coincidences at the end where it was her son who raped her - okay I can accept that, but then she bumps into him in Canada - really? how does that happen? That was awful


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3969
Maybe someone on here can help me out. I'm looking for the title of a movie I watched a few years ago. Late 90' but it could be older than that. It was about a group of (I think Irish) boys. I only remember the one scene though. The rest is a bit vague. In this scene they took turns with a girl who I believed was the local prostitute. The scene took place on a rooftop I think but I can definitely remember that there was a lot of laundry about. I thought it could be The butcher boy as it was almost in a similar fashion. The movie follows the life of the lead boy but there is more than two in the gang.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:10 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3653
Location: Newport, Gwent
Watched The Commuter. It's probably what you'd expect from a Neeson film at this stage only a little worse, it seems to take the central premise of the movie and then forget about it and just have Neeson punch people. Also it has Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga so I pretended it was The Conjuring 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23630
Average Joe wrote:
Maybe someone on here can help me out. I'm looking for the title of a movie I watched a few years ago. Late 90' but it could be older than that. It was about a group of (I think Irish) boys. I only remember the one scene though. The rest is a bit vague. In this scene they took turns with a girl who I believed was the local prostitute. The scene took place on a rooftop I think but I can definitely remember that there was a lot of laundry about. I thought it could be The butcher boy as it was almost in a similar fashion. The movie follows the life of the lead boy but there is more than two in the gang.

Completely wrong era but scene and plot scans exactly with Once Upon a Time in America.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm
Posts: 22013
Average Joe wrote:
Maybe someone on here can help me out. I'm looking for the title of a movie I watched a few years ago. Late 90' but it could be older than that. It was about a group of (I think Irish) boys. I only remember the one scene though. The rest is a bit vague. In this scene they took turns with a girl who I believed was the local prostitute. The scene took place on a rooftop I think but I can definitely remember that there was a lot of laundry about. I thought it could be The butcher boy as it was almost in a similar fashion. The movie follows the life of the lead boy but there is more than two in the gang.


Was Matt Dillon in it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm
Posts: 22013
The Departed?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14812
ZappaMan wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Maybe someone on here can help me out. I'm looking for the title of a movie I watched a few years ago. Late 90' but it could be older than that. It was about a group of (I think Irish) boys. I only remember the one scene though. The rest is a bit vague. In this scene they took turns with a girl who I believed was the local prostitute. The scene took place on a rooftop I think but I can definitely remember that there was a lot of laundry about. I thought it could be The butcher boy as it was almost in a similar fashion. The movie follows the life of the lead boy but there is more than two in the gang.

Completely wrong era but scene and plot scans exactly with Once Upon a Time in America.

I think you're correct, and he was meaning era it came out not when it was set - he was only out by about 15 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3969
Thanks I'll have a look. I meant I watched it in the late 90's but it was older than that. Can't remember the actors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5177
UncleFB wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Maybe someone on here can help me out. I'm looking for the title of a movie I watched a few years ago. Late 90' but it could be older than that. It was about a group of (I think Irish) boys. I only remember the one scene though. The rest is a bit vague. In this scene they took turns with a girl who I believed was the local prostitute. The scene took place on a rooftop I think but I can definitely remember that there was a lot of laundry about. I thought it could be The butcher boy as it was almost in a similar fashion. The movie follows the life of the lead boy but there is more than two in the gang.

Completely wrong era but scene and plot scans exactly with Once Upon a Time in America.

I think you're correct, and he was meaning era it came out not when it was set - he was only out by about 15 years.


Or Last Exit to Brooklyn?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18355
Watched The Darkest Hour last week.

Whilst Oldman was undoubtedly brilliant I thought it was a bit hammy on the whole. The scene where he goes on the under ground almost had me puking in my popcorn.

I also thought they made him overly doddery. It was almost like he was in the early stages on alzheimers or something. I'm not really a Churchill expert, was he supposed to be doddery? I've always seen him portrayed as quite decisive and sure of himself.

Still, not the worst film. 6/10


Also saw Mud last night on Netflix. Not sure how I missed this the first time round. Pretty clear homage to the spirit of Twain / Huck Finn.

Always enjoy McConaghy as an actor and he was really good as the was the lead kid. Def worth checking out if you haven't seen it and have Netflix.

7.5/10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20300
Haven't watched too many films lately but having just flown I got through some recentish movies:

Monuments Men - ludicrous, a great cast can't save this, don't bother 4/10
Dunkirk - amazing movie, will re-watch again in HD with good audio, 10/10
Logan - I hate comic book movies but this was pretty good, 8/10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 1627
Bullettyme wrote:
Haven't watched too many films lately but having just flown I got through some recentish movies:

Monuments Men - ludicrous, a great cast can't save this, don't bother 4/10
Dunkirk - amazing movie, will re-watch again in HD with good audio, 10/10
Logan - I hate comic book movies but this was pretty good, 8/10



I thought Dunkirk fell into one of those "great movies but will never watch again" category. Thought it was excellent but not one of those that you put on to watch on a lazy Sunday evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10859
A'hem, Thor Ragnarok, nudge nudge ;) ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3908
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
A Bad Day for the cut - Fantastic Irish thriller, with a dab of comedy added in
8.5/10

Mindhorn - Best comedy I've seen in a long time 8.5/10

Both of Netflix


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:25 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3653
Location: Newport, Gwent
I really liked Mindhorn, thought it was very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3908
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
bessantj wrote:
I really liked Mindhorn, thought it was very good.


The comedic acting is fantastic theoughout. Add to Steve Coogan to the mix and I think it will be looked at as a bit of a cult classic in a few years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27815
Watched Hunt For the Red October for the umpteenth time yesterday. What a film!

Givsh me a 9/10, Vashily!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10376
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Watched Hunt For the Red October for the umpteenth time yesterday. What a film!

Givsh me a 9/10, Vashily!


Love how Sean does not even try to hide his Scottish accent.

"I'm just an analyst, I write books for the CIA"

"The Shee Eye Eh"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
Real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQAuPJItim8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
El Homerino wrote:
A Bad Day for the cut - Fantastic Irish thriller, with a dab of comedy added in
8.5/10


It was ok. There were just too many "really?" moments.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3908
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
Kid A wrote:
El Homerino wrote:
A Bad Day for the cut - Fantastic Irish thriller, with a dab of comedy added in
8.5/10


It was ok. There were just too many "really?" moments.


Fair enough. 8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 468
danny_fitz wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Watched Hunt For the Red October for the umpteenth time yesterday. What a film!

Givsh me a 9/10, Vashily!


Love how Sean does not even try to hide his Scottish accent.

"I'm just an analyst, I write books for the CIA"

"The Shee Eye Eh"


The bits where Connery was speaking "Russian" were indistinct from when he was speaking in English.

One of my go to movies on a hungover Sunday. Tom Clancy at his best before he drank the cool aid and wrote a book about Russia and the USA teaming up to beat the Chinese......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:01 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21341
Location: Centre of the Universe
ruckinhell wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Watched Hunt For the Red October for the umpteenth time yesterday. What a film!

Givsh me a 9/10, Vashily!


Love how Sean does not even try to hide his Scottish accent.

"I'm just an analyst, I write books for the CIA"

"The Shee Eye Eh"


The bits where Connery was speaking "Russian" were indistinct from when he was speaking in English.

One of my go to movies on a hungover Sunday. Tom Clancy at his best before he drank the cool aid and wrote a book about Russia and the USA teaming up to beat the Chinese......



Always fascinating to see a skinny Alec Baldwin as well. I suspect after taking the rap for Homer and getting fired from the nuclear plant, Karl became Baldwin's personal assistant...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5231
Man In Black wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Maybe someone on here can help me out. I'm looking for the title of a movie I watched a few years ago. Late 90' but it could be older than that. It was about a group of (I think Irish) boys. I only remember the one scene though. The rest is a bit vague. In this scene they took turns with a girl who I believed was the local prostitute. The scene took place on a rooftop I think but I can definitely remember that there was a lot of laundry about. I thought it could be The butcher boy as it was almost in a similar fashion. The movie follows the life of the lead boy but there is more than two in the gang.

Completely wrong era but scene and plot scans exactly with Once Upon a Time in America.

I think you're correct, and he was meaning era it came out not when it was set - he was only out by about 15 years.


Or Last Exit to Brooklyn?


sounds a bit like Gangs of New York, i dozed off a bit in that movie (a lot bit) but i think i remember a scene like that ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
If anybody here appreciates cinematography, symmetry, photography and architecture - watch 'Columbus' (2017)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:19 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3653
Location: Newport, Gwent
Saw The Post yesterday, liked it quite a bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17898
Anyone see Phantom Thread yet? Finally caught it today, definitely the quietest thing PTA has ever done and it suits him. Could say the same about DDL (though he was similarly understated in Age of Innocence). Best thing about it is the score though, old emo-hair Greenwood has developed into something of a maestro.

The ending is fvcked up. Deeply.

8/10, would watch again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 5817
Bowfinger, classic Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy. Some proper funny moments, 6/10 :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4075
Location: France
Kid A wrote:
If anybody here appreciates cinematography, symmetry, photography and architecture - watch 'Columbus' (2017)

Image


Sounds good.

Is there a good story too?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:39 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 3653
Location: Newport, Gwent
Watched Downsizing, really crappy film. Was nice to see Udo Kier pop up though, he and Waltz were good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:52 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11752
Finally caught up with Wind River. Thought it was superb - 9/10. Very atmospheric, Olsen and Renner on good form.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
Margin_Walker wrote:
Finally caught up with Wind River. Thought it was superb - 9/10. Very atmospheric, Olsen and Renner on good form.

I enjoyed it, too. But a couple of things I found hard to get my head around...
Spoiler: show
Why didn't the oil field security guys go out to find the girl after she'd just witnessed them beating her bf to death? You'd think they'd be aware that this loose end could (did) lead to them getting rumbled. Also, how the fuck did they think killing the FBI agent and several reservation cops would ever help them get away with it? "Um, yeah detective, I accidentally discharged my shotgun through my trailer door just as the Feds were about to knock on it. Silly me." :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:18 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11752
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Finally caught up with Wind River. Thought it was superb - 9/10. Very atmospheric, Olsen and Renner on good form.

I enjoyed it, too. But a couple of things I found hard to get my head around...
Spoiler: show
Why didn't the oil field security guys go out to find the girl after she'd just witnessed them beating her bf to death? You'd think they'd be aware that this loose end could (did) lead to them getting rumbled. Also, how the fuck did they think killing the FBI agent and several reservation cops would ever help them get away with it? "Um, yeah detective, I accidentally discharged my shotgun through my trailer door just as the Feds were about to knock on it. Silly me." :?


Spoiler: show
Yeah, probably needs a little suspension of disbelief. Can just about go with her getting away in the confusion myself and them being too shitfaced to hunt her down. Same again on the second one, was a pretty decent stand off so added to the drama. Not hugely realistic, but then people seem to shoot law enforcement officers all the time in the States with little chance of getting away with it in the long run


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
Margin_Walker wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Finally caught up with Wind River. Thought it was superb - 9/10. Very atmospheric, Olsen and Renner on good form.

I enjoyed it, too. But a couple of things I found hard to get my head around...
Spoiler: show
Why didn't the oil field security guys go out to find the girl after she'd just witnessed them beating her bf to death? You'd think they'd be aware that this loose end could (did) lead to them getting rumbled. Also, how the fuck did they think killing the FBI agent and several reservation cops would ever help them get away with it? "Um, yeah detective, I accidentally discharged my shotgun through my trailer door just as the Feds were about to knock on it. Silly me." :?


Spoiler: show
Yeah, probably needs a little suspension of disbelief. Can just about go with her getting away in the confusion myself and them being too shitfaced to hunt her down. Same again on the second one, was a pretty decent stand off so added to the drama. Not hugely realistic, but then people seem to shoot law enforcement officers all the time in the States with little chance of getting away with it in the long run

Furry muff. Didn't really detract from what is a very good flick, anyhoo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10933
Location: Watson city, MN
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Finally caught up with Wind River. Thought it was superb - 9/10. Very atmospheric, Olsen and Renner on good form.

I enjoyed it, too. But a couple of things I found hard to get my head around...
Spoiler: show
Why didn't the oil field security guys go out to find the girl after she'd just witnessed them beating her bf to death? You'd think they'd be aware that this loose end could (did) lead to them getting rumbled. Also, how the fuck did they think killing the FBI agent and several reservation cops would ever help them get away with it? "Um, yeah detective, I accidentally discharged my shotgun through my trailer door just as the Feds were about to knock on it. Silly me." :?

Seemed to me like they were meant to be tooled up idiots with a rake of booze in them. Not a species that would be uncommon.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 194  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Banana Man, bessantj, camroc1, DragonKhan, Google Adsense [Bot], Lenny, Margin_Walker, Nieghorn, Nolanator, Plato'sCave, robmatic, Toro, Winnie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group