Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:01 pm 

Season 5 kicked off with a bang :thumbup:

Must be the goriest episode thus far and on pace for a change. Thank fudge I don't have to watch Z Nation for my zombie fix anymore.

Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 pm 

Yeah I watched one episode of Z-Nation and not more. Looked too much just like a discount version of TWD. Don't know what was the point of another series like that.

Gotham is pretty good. That serious crime unit chick :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:01 pm 

Think we can agree that making a series out of a Zombie apocalypse is hard work and TWD was turning into a soapie with the last two seasons. So good work with this episode getting Rick especially, to redeem himself. The characters are more badass in general but we almost lost Tyreese there. He came back nicely though.

There was a pilot for the movie-to-series of Zombieland. Thought it had potential but flopped. Z Nation may not take itself too seriously, but it lacks characters even if it is a mindless rampage where more zombies got killed in the first episode than the entire seasons of TWD. That old dude is the only one keeping the series going imo.

Will check out Gotham :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:59 pm 

It was a good episode but I can't help but think that they've probably taken the series as far as they can now. It's all a bit samey.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:00 pm 

Excellent episode.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:26 pm 

AND-y wrote:
It was a good episode but I can't help but think that they've probably taken the series as far as they can now. It's all a bit samey.

As long as they can keep it moving along and introduce new environments and characters, they can squeeze out a few more imo.The season on the farm was probably the worse where it went nowhere literally.

Obviously keeping the group on the road will be more expensive and challenging, so it can easily drop off the ratings if they cannot keep it going.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:28 pm 

Is this worth watching? With the dark winter months settling over me like a pall I need some fresh televisual entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:32 pm 

If you like zombies give it a bash. Season 1 was great and season 5 started off well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:34 pm 

I love zombies more than I love a cold beer on a hot Christmas morning.

I'm in :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm 

Spoiler: show
BTW whatever happened to Maggie's sister who was with Darryl. I think I was a bit ah...zombified myself when I watched the ep where she died/disappeared/left.

Spoilered because zappa doesn't keep up with pop culture.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm 

hedogbrother wrote:
Season 5 kicked off with a bang :thumbup:

Must be the goriest episode thus far and on pace for a change. Thank f**k I don't have to watch Z Nation for my zombie fix anymore.

Haven't seen the new ep yet, but by christ agree on Zombie Nation....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:37 pm 

AND-y wrote:
Maggie's sister who was with Darryl.

Darryl is such a dawg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:38 pm 

He sure is :D Best character for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:55 pm 

You didn't tell me Andrew Lincoln from This Life and Teachers was on the show :o

Stinking mushrooms!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:58 pm 

Good call, me too. I hope the world ends up in a zombie apocalypse one day. As long as they are these slow moving stoopid ones though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:14 pm 

AND-y wrote:
BTW whatever happened to Maggie's sister who was with Darryl. I think I was a bit ah...zombified myself when I watched the ep where she died/disappeared/left.

Think she'll be back in this one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:28 pm 

This is scary, I don't like it :((

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:17 pm 

hedogbrother wrote:
AND-y wrote:

Think she'll be back in this one

The Season previews have already shown Beth in a separate story line, may have some Caged Heat undertones

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 pm 

AND-y wrote:

She was grabbed by persons unknown, according to the fifth season teasers she is being held by some sort of para-military outfit.

Still amuses me the number of people who don't get zombie outings are not actually about the zombies :roll:

Spin off TWD series greenlighted btw. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 pm 

Good and gory. Nice little teaser at the end as well. !0 out of !0 for me.

That Carol is a badass. From a mousy little 2nd character in the first season to Rambo with tits.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:59 pm 

I think other than pacing issues in season 2, and a few wobbly episodes and annoying characters here and there, this is a fantastic show. I would say if they cut the seasons down to 10-12 episodes, it would be even better.

Last nights episode was awesome. Carol! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:32 am 

Fantastic season opener. Loved the whole "You're either the butcher or you're the cattle" analogy the entire episode was built on. A world where even the best people can turn bad.

And Morgan's back...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:39 am 

Two things I picked up from last nights ep.

1) First guy to get butchered at 'the trough' is the guy who plays The Penguin on Gotham.

2) Carol won't survive the season.

Back to 1), turns out he was this guy from last season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 am 

Speed Racer wrote:
Fantastic season opener. Loved the whole "You're either the butcher or you're the cattle" analogy the entire episode was built on. A world where even the best people can turn bad.

And Morgan's back...

The opening and closing scenes were very effective for context, rooting for Rick's group throughout and then what the people of Terminus had to endure as a group to survive before.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:49 am 

An excellent start. It is hopefully getting back on track.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:38 am 

Speed Racer wrote:
Two things I picked up from last nights ep.

1) First guy to get butchered at 'the trough' is the guy who plays The Penguin on Gotham.

2) Carol won't survive the season.

Back to 1), turns out he was this guy from last season.

Good spots there!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 pm 

So, I've watched the first series and it was very good. I've made the executive decision to skip series' 2-4 and go straight to series 5 which I shall start today.

Can someone detail exactly what happened in series' 2-4 in 10 words or less, please?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:09 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
So, I've watched the first series and it was very good. I've made the executive decision to skip series' 2-4 and go straight to series 5 which I shall start today.

Can someone detail exactly what happened in series' 2-4 in 10 words or less, please?

Season 2 is at a farm where Shane loses it and gets killed by Rick. A few of the main characters die and the group breaks up a bit and the prison is introduced.

Season 3 is at the prison where the group builds a stronghold. Rick loses it and his son Carl annoys the shit out of you. An even more annoying character in the Governor of Woodbury is introduced.

Season 4 continues with the prison and more main characters die, most notably Herchelle at the hands of the Governor. The prison is compromised in a fierce battle and overrun where the group is forced to hit the road again with main characters splitting up again.

Episode 2 of 5 ended rather interestingly with Terminus not completely out of the pictures just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 pm 

hedogbrother wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

Season 2 is at a farm where Shane loses it and gets killed by Rick. A few of the main characters die and the group breaks up a bit and the prison is introduced.

Season 3 is at the prison where the group builds a stronghold. Rick loses it and his son Carl annoys the shit out of you. An even more annoying character in the Governor of Woodbury is introduced.

Season 4 continues with the prison and more main characters die, most notably Herchelle at the hands of the Governor. The prison is compromised in a fierce battle and overrun where the group is forced to hit the road again with main characters splitting up again.

Episode 2 of 5 ended rather interestingly with Terminus not completely out of the pictures just yet.

Much appreciated :thumbup:

I've decided to watch the last episode of series 4 first. God, I love Monday afternoons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
hedogbrother wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

I've decided to watch the last episode of series 4 first. God, I love Monday afternoons.

Also in S3 Ricks Wife dies giving birth to Judith the baby, with S5 the group will be pretty much back together now the only exception is a girl called Beth (Herschelles daughter and Maggies younger sister) who got abducted by a group and they drove off in a car.

FWIW I don't think the other seasons are bad at all, S2 is a bit slow and stagnant but S3 and 4 are okay. They have off moments though and like the above poster says Carl is annoying

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
hedogbrother wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

TBF Season 2 the worst of the lot, started off ok but the group's interaction just got silly with them stuck at the farm. 3 wasn't too bad but the Governor is a very unlikable character.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 pm 

Are you complaining that the Governor was unlikeable? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 pm 

kiwidutchie wrote:
Good and gory. Nice little teaser at the end as well. !0 out of !0 for me.

That Carol is a badass. From a mousy little 2nd character in the first season to Rambo with tits.

:lol: Small tits but tits nonetheless....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:35 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

The character was good but the actor chosen to play him was f**king muck. Scousers should never attempt accents other than their own.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:36 pm 

This is scary I might go back to my work :blush:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:39 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

Sorry, wrong choice of words. "Annoying". :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:47 pm 

Simon from Teachers just bit Kenny Rodgers' throat off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm 

Speed Racer wrote:

And Morgan's back...

He was fantastic when grieving for his son in that episode.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:04 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:

Big mistake they will expect you to do that all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:09 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

Big mistake they will expect you to do that all the time.

I'm braving through like a real trooper. Thankfully, things are looking up as they seem to have found sanctuary in a place called Terminus.

Huzzah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next