Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 am 

So was the last episode of season 8, the one where

Spoiler: show
Rick and the team finally defeat Negan but he keeps Negan alive and talks to him in the hospital with Michonne, and all groups are lovey-dovey to each other

I have been having problems with my stream and am unsure where I am in the series.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 am 

Yep

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 am 

Some people are very unhappy about it tho.... Stay tuned :uhoh:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:29 pm 

And now FTWD has gone off the rails with the Zombies co-operating to undertake pointless tasks and tracking down the protagonists of the episode

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 am 

MrJonno wrote:
And now FTWD has gone off the rails with the Zombies co-operating to undertake pointless tasks and tracking down the protagonists of the episode

I don't know, I'm much more of a fan of the new season (And the whole series TBH).

Episodes 5 and 6 are much, much better than anything on TWD since before Virginia.

The Colour Palette helps

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 am 

I'm a little sad the mixed (at best) reviews for the live-action version of the Walking Dead might be costing the source material the credibility it deserves.

The graphic novels have only been getting stronger as the characters evolve and the world they live in keeps expanding. Spoiler alert if you're not caught up, but the Whisperers were a really interesting concept, and the new societies that are emerging, and the discussions about how humanity should go forward as it recovers, have real promise. It's a lot of credit to the creator he's kept it so engaging. Most graphic novel series start strong and then start to wind down (cough Saga cough) but the Walking Dead has gone from strength to strength, remarkable considering how long it has been running.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm 

So Season 9 has started, if anyone still cares.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:05 pm 

tabascoboy wrote:
So Season 9 has started, if anyone still cares.
I fast forwarded through the episode, cutting out pretty much all dialogue, and the obvious Ezekiel fake-out. I don't think I missed a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am 

Its got worse, it skipped 5 years ahead and the zombies can now talk and people are raising their kids to be annoying precocious idiots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 am 

MrJonno wrote:
Its got worse, it skipped 5 years ahead and the zombies can now talk and people are raising their kids to be annoying precocious idiots

So I wasn't hearing things then

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am 

hurricane g wrote:
MrJonno wrote:

No, the Whisperers have arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:09 pm 

MrJonno wrote:

How are you still watching this - you've been panning it for 3 or 4 seasons at this stage :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:11 pm 

MrJonno wrote:

It's one of the most boring TV show's I've ever watched. Every season is like 75% filler. Filler action, filler dialogue. They just pad the episodes out with any old shit so they can stretch it out to sell more advertising slots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
MrJonno wrote:

How are you still watching this - you've been panning it for 3 or 4 seasons at this stage :lol:

That's a fair question. I don't ducking know. Maybe it's like crack. It's the only think I watch I actually dislike.

I do enjoy panning it though

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 pm 

MrJonno wrote:

Sadly, tactical genius Rick is gone. That is half you material gone right there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 am 

Mr Mike wrote:
hurricane g wrote:
MrJonno wrote:

No, the Whisperers have arrived.

Oh I see, these guys have been mentioned a lot on this thread

I guess they are just people in zombie suits then. If that is the case it sounds like a good twist....... for all of 2 mins when after a little thought it makes no sense whatsoever, for a number of reasons but think Bill Murray in Zombieland for a start

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:15 am 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
MrJonno wrote:

Sadly, tactical genius Rick is gone. That is half you material gone right there.

Its OK his super-daughter goes out alone and rescues people, like 5 adults who have survived in the wilds for years but need the help of a 7 year old girl to survive one more day.

Then there is Carol's 'son' who, despite growing up in a Zombie wasteland where strangers pull any old trick to steal your stuff, and being trained as a warrior in said dystopia, runs off alone because he hears a woman scream for help (its a trick, the only reason you might be surprised is because you think, they can't possibly be doing the damsel in distress thing again - one lesson from this world is if a woman on the road pleads for your help shoot her in the face). I guess its suppose to make him appear idealistic and heroic instead of what it actually does and shows him as just a mouth breathing idiot.

And Carol's lesson to him isn't to beat him black and blue for being a selfish little fvckwitted moany moron who's behaviour threatened both their lives, it's to burn alive a bunch of desperate people who let them live because one of them stole her wedding ring - that oversteps the badass line

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm 

New episode out after the break, a nice twist with the Walkers!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26