Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2015 Baby Boks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:48 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Feel our Bokkies peak a bit to soon. Its not that our backline kak is, more a thing of beauty of a pack who dominate the collisions and with ball in hand getting over the advantage line time after time. We left plenty of tries and something Dawie will work on. He is doing great with the youngsters. The forwards will always decide win or lose, the backs the scoreline.

Thomas du Toit and Ox were awesome to watch. Jac's try typical what you can expect from him.

The Bokkies were very cocky later on, lot's of chat and talking back to the ref. They need to cut that shit out, they haven't won anything yet.

Dont worry about that, Dawie will sort that. Maybe its Liebenberg who dont took control. I know Rikus is a very good captain (WP u19 CC winning capt). Hope he'll get a run with his co broer in crime Vermeulen somewhere.

on a side note I saw JD Schickerling is starting to run in the practise. Hell he would have dominate there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Feel our Bokkies peak a bit to soon. Its not that our backline kak is, more a thing of beauty of a pack who dominate the collisions and with ball in hand getting over the advantage line time after time. We left plenty of tries and something Dawie will work on. He is doing great with the youngsters. The forwards will always decide win or lose, the backs the scoreline.

Thomas du Toit and Ox were awesome to watch. Jac's try typical what you can expect from him.

The Bokkies were very cocky later on, lot's of chat and talking back to the ref. They need to cut that shit out, they haven't won anything yet.

Dont worry about that, Dawie will sort that. Maybe its Liebenberg who dont took control. I know Rikus is a very good captain (WP u19 CC winning capt). Hope he'll get a run with his co broer in crime Vermeulen somewhere.

on a side note I saw JD Schickerling is starting to run in the practise. Hell he would have dominate there.

Hope JD makes it back as strong as ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:13 pm 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Especially after oom has built him up so much. High expectations now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:54 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Especially after oom has built him up so much. High expectations now.

Have you watched him?? Any hype is well justified. Terrific player.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:28 am 

Bokkie team for England
R365
Quote:
Bothma in for Junior Boks
The weather is still hot and humid

Rikus Bothma comes in for Jacques Vermeulen in the only change to the Junior Springbok starting line-up to face England on Monday.
Bothma takes over the No.6 jersey from his provincial teammate Vermeulen, while Malcolm Jaer replaces Grant Hermanus on the bench.
The rest of the match squad who defeated Australia in Calvisano last Wednesday, were kept unchanged.

Theron said the changes are part of the team’s rotational policy.

“We know this tournament is a marathon and not a sprinting race and we therefore have to be sensible with our player management process. All the players are fit and in good shape and now they must go out and do the business.
“We are not looking at England’s previous result (they lost to France in their final pool match). They are in the semifinals and will be looking to play in a third successive final. We know they will be highly motivated and will definitely have a good plan against us,” said Theron.

Theron and his conditioning staff have managed the activities of the Junior Bok squad very carefully during the past few days in an effort to keep them fresh.

“Although we have seen some rain here the past few days, the weather is still hot and humid and we therefore tried to give the players as must rest as possible.
“They are refreshed again and I am very pleased with their attitude and readiness. Earlier today (Sunday) we took them for an outing to Maranello, which they thoroughly enjoyed, and will finish off our preparations with the captains run in the early evening,” added to Theron.

South Africa: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Khanyo Ngcukana, 13 EW Viljoen, 12 Daniel du Plessis, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Brandon Thomson, 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg (captain), 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Rikus Bothma, 5 Rudolph Snyman, 4 Jason Jenkins, 3 Thomas du Toit, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Retshegofaditswe Nche.

Replacements: 16 Jan van der Merwe, 17 Mzamo Majola, 18 Frans van Wyk, 19. Hyron Andrews, 20 Dan du Preez, 21 Marco Jansen van Vuren, 22 Tinus de Beer, 23 Malcolm Jaer.

Date: Monday, June 15

Venue: Stadio San Michele, Calvisano

Kick-off: 20.30 (18.30 GMT)

Referee: TBC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 am 

Am I correct in saying that Rikus Bothma only made the squad as an injury replacement and is now in the starting team? Nothing against him, but how bad is the coach at spotting talent then?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:34 am 

handyman wrote:
Am I correct in saying that Rikus Bothma only made the squad as an injury replacement and is now in the starting team? Nothing against him, but how bad is the coach at spotting talent then?

He made the Argie tour after an injury. I think Theron is excellent when it come to spotting talent. Not sure what the reasons was for Rikus situation, there will be a reason. At the moment our loose forwards are domination so maybe spoil for choise here. England will be a real test.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:

He made the Argie tour after an injury. I think Theron is excellent when it come to spotting talent. Not sure what the reasons was for Rikus situation, there will be a reason. At the moment our loose forwards are domination so maybe spoil for choise here. England will be a real test.

Just a bit strange how a player goes from not being in the squad to starting the semi.

Anyway, good luck to the Baby Boks, I will be watching tonight with a good port to keep warm.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 am 

sunnybanana wrote:
Have you watched him?? Any hype is well justified. Terrific player.

Sunny you know me good and long enough. Dont worry about Saffers trolling. He is the typical SA PC rugby supporter while I know these players personal, fortunate to watch them live playing as schoolboy from young age.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:19 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:

Just a bit strange how a player goes from not being in the squad to starting the semi.

Anyway, good luck to the Baby Boks, I will be watching tonight with a good port to keep warm.

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN... :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:27 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:

My problem with the loose forwards are that they are all big bashers. There isnt a fetcher. But then its a new trend in SA Rugby.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:41 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:

My problem with the loose forwards are that they are all big bashers. There isnt a fetcher. But then its a new trend in SA Rugby.

That's part of the problem. We are blessed with huge and powerful runners who are bigger than their opponents at under 20 level. When the other nations catch up when they are a bit older, we don't have a clue as to how to beat them.

No coach is being pro-active by starting to work on the player's skills from a young age, every coach is content to let his bigger players steamroller the smaller opposition.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:16 am 

handyman wrote:
That's part of the problem. We are blessed with huge and powerful runners who are bigger than their opponents at under 20 level. When the other nations catch up when they are a bit older, we don't have a clue as to how to beat them.

No coach is being pro-active by starting to work on the player's skills from a young age, every coach is content to let his bigger players steamroller the smaller opposition.

I dont get this really. The role of a proper 6 is just so valuable, most tries come from turn overs and see this at schoolboy level aswell.

This is the player they left at home.

CJ Vellaman (Grey High) opensider.

http://www.rugby365.com/article/55606-c ... j-velleman

http://thesportseagle.co.za/rugby/cj-ve ... ld-champs/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:09 pm 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:

Agree with all this.

As school kids, where the kiwis grow up throwing the ball around playing touch, we play "druifens" all weekend kicking the leather off the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
As school kids, where the kiwis grow up throwing the ball around playing touch, we play "druifens" all weekend kicking the leather off the ball.

Do yourself a favour and watch more SA schoolboy rugby specially down here in the Western Cape. PRG, Bishops, Wynberg, Sacs, Rondebosch play running rugby, the Paarl two play more the % game plans because they have the big forwards.

PRG lost against Paarl Gim because Gim had a proper 6 fetcher in Johan (Vissie) Visser. He killed us at the breakdowns. Its only Meyer and Jake White who is stupid with this small player syndrome.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:30 pm 

Western Cape latest schoolboy tries
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Stats ... ?sk=videos

Paarl Gym vs RBBHS

HJS vs Wynberg

Landbou vs Bishops

Sacs vs PRG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:18 pm 

Bokke vs England coming up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 pm 

I am so glad that tomorrow is a holiday

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 pm 

OomPB wrote:

Snoozathon, plodders without ball skills vs, well, plodders without ball skills. Cant wait for the first rolling maul, edge of the seat stuff...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:26 pm 

Mechanical wrote:
OomPB wrote:

Snoozathon, plodders without ball skills vs, well, plodders without ball skills. Cant wait for the first rolling maul, edge of the seat stuff...

Hey. Some of us enjoy it when every player in our backline can kick up and unders. It's an underrated skill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:28 pm 

I reckon this will be an excellent game, us NH types love a good fight between two packs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:40 pm 

Any links?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:42 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Any links?

http://live.realstreamunited.com/stream ... 83832.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:00 pm 

fudge me. That's 3 yellow cards in 2 games for high tackles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:25 pm 

kiap wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:26 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
kiap wrote:

Are you on the wrong match thread again?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:27 pm 

Being out-bullied.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:15 pm 

Plan A goes and SA teams have no other option.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:15 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Plan A goes and SA teams have no other option.

It was ever thus.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 pm 

Liked the fly half a lot.

Really need to work on that tight 5 though... x(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:13 am 

Congrats tothe England team, they beat us at our strong point and got the win. NZ will win this one. Watched their game vs France, they look in another class in the backline.

Post subject: Re: Baby Boks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:09 am 

2016 Squad

◾Die oefengroep is:

Blou Bulle: Jan-Henning Campher (haker), Tinus de Beer (losskakel), Aston Fortuin (slot), Stedman Gans (senter), Denzel Hill (agtsteman), Jaco Holtzhausen (stut), JT Jackson (senter), Manie Libbok (losskakel), Franco Naude (senter), Hendre Stassen (slot), Eli Snyman (slot), Franco van den Berg (stut), Luigy van Jaarsveld (agtsteman).

Vrystaat-Cheetahs: Mosalwa Mafuma (vleuel), Kwenzo Blose (stut).

Goue Leeus: Rhyno Herbst (slot), Marco Jansen van Vuuren (skrumskakel).

OP-Kings: Tango Balelike (haker), James Hall (skrumskakel), Nicolaas Oosthuizen (stut), Junior Pokomela (agtsteman), ­Keanu Vers (heelagter), Jeremy Ward (senter).

Haaie: Curwin Bosch (heelagter), Morné Joubert (heelagter), S’busiso Nkosi (vleuel).

Westelike Provinsie: Ruan Brits (haker), Eduan Keyter (heelagter), Duncan Saal (vleuel), Carlu Sadie (stut), Ernst van Rhyn (flank), Eduard Zandberg (slot), Zane Davids (flank), Wikus Groenewald (stut), Edwill van der Merwe (vleuel), Kuyenseka Xaba (flank).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:45 am 

OomPB wrote:
2016 Squad

◾Die oefengroep is:

Blou Bulle: Jan-Henning Campher (haker), Tinus de Beer (losskakel), Aston Fortuin (slot), Stedman Gans (senter), Denzel Hill (agtsteman), Jaco Holtzhausen (stut), JT Jackson (senter), Manie Libbok (losskakel), Franco Naude (senter), Hendre Stassen (slot), Eli Snyman (slot), Franco van den Berg (stut), Luigy van Jaarsveld (agtsteman).

OP-Kings: Tango Balelike (haker), James Hall (skrumskakel), Nicolaas Oosthuizen (stut), Junior Pokomela (agtsteman), ­Keanu Vers (heelagter), Jeremy Ward (senter).

Haaie: Curwin Bosch (heelagter), Morné Joubert (heelagter), S’busiso Nkosi (vleuel).

Westelike Provinsie: Ruan Brits (haker), Eduan Keyter (heelagter), Duncan Saal (vleuel), Carlu Sadie (stut), Ernst van Rhyn (flank), Eduard Zandberg (slot), Zane Davids (flank), Wikus Groenewald (stut), Edwill van der Merwe (vleuel), Kuyenseka Xaba (flank).

Thought Curwin Bosch is a flyhalf?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:29 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
2016 Squad

◾Die oefengroep is:

Yes he is. Must be a mistake otherwise there are 4 fullbacks in the squad and only two flyhalves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:35 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
2016 Squad

◾Die oefengroep is:

Yes he is. Must be a mistake otherwise there are 4 fullbacks in the squad and only two flyhalves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:47 am 

Vers & Bosch is Grey Highers and good players.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am 

Surprise to Ernst van Rhyn in the group. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:20 am 

Practise squad already but still no coach
# POS NAME SCHOOL A/G
1 PR Cabous Eloff Affies 1 of 22 Bulls u19
2 LK Ruben van Heerden Affies 2 of 22 Bulls u20
3 LF Eduan Lubbe Affies 3 of 22 Bulls u20
4 FH Eddie Fouche Affies 1 of 22 Lions u20
5 CT Louritz vd Schyff Affies 2 of 22 Lions u19
6 WG Christiaan Strydom Affies 4 of 22 Bulls u19
7 PR Carlu Sadie Bellville 1 of 22 WP u20
8 WG Ryan Muller Bellville 2 of 22 WP u20
9 CT Cornel Smit Bishops 3 of 22 WP u20
10 FB Tristan Leyds Bishops 4 of 22 WP u20
11 LK Kwandu Dimaza Dale 1 of 10 Sharks u20
12 FH Courtney Winnaar Dale 2 of 10 Sharks u20
13 HK Duan du Plessis Daniel Pienaar 1 of 3 Kings u20
14 CT Heino Bezuidenhout Daniel Pienaar 5 of 22 Bulls u20
15 FB Earll Douwrie Drostdy 6 of 22 Bulls u20
16 LK Hendre Stassen EG Jansen 7 of 22 Bulls u20
17 WG Irvin Ali EG Jansen 8 of 22 Bulls u20
18 FH Benhard Jv Rensburg Frikkie Meyer 3 of 10 Sharks u20
19 LF Jaco Bezuidenhout Garsfontein 9 of 22 Bulls u20
20 LF Ryno Pieterse Garsfontein 10 of 22 Bulls u19
21 SH Embrose Papier Garsfontein 11 of 22 Bulls u20
22 FB Abner van Reenen Garsfontein/HJS 5 of 22 WP u20
23 PR Kwenze Blose Glenwood 1 of 5 Free State u20
24 PR Khuthu Mchunu Glenwood 4 of 10 Sharks u20
25 LF Nama Xaba Glenwood 6 of 22 WP u20
26 WG Ilunga Mukendi Glenwood 5 of 10 Sharks u20
27 SH Rewan Kruger Grey College 2 of 5 Free State u19
28 LF Kamva Dilima Grey HS 2 of 3 Kings u20
29 LF Kwezi Mafu Grey HS 12 of 22 Bulls u19
30 FB Curwin Bosch Grey HS 6 of 10 Sharks u20
31 PR Leo Kruger HJS Paarl BH 3 of 22 Lions u20
32 PR Wikus Groenewald HJS Paarl BH 7 of 22 WP u20
33 HK Daniel Jooste HJS Paarl BH 8 of 22 WP u20
34 LK Ruben de Villiers HJS Paarl BH 9 of 22 WP u20
35 LK Salmaan Moerat HJS Paarl BH 10 of 22 WP u20
36 SH Bradley Thain HJS Paarl BH 4 of 22 Lions u20
37 CT Manny Ras HJS Paarl BH 5 of 22 Lions u19
38 WG Tyreeq February HJS Paarl BH 6 of 22 Lions u20
39 FB Gianni Lombard HJS Paarl BH 7 of 22 Lions u19
40 FB Jeanluc Cilliers HJS Paarl BH 8 of 22 Lions u20
41 SH Francois de Villiers HTS Middelburg 7 of 10 Sharks u20
42 LF Hacjivah Dayimani Jeppe 9 of 22 Lions u20
43 FH Tyron Green Jeppe 10 of 22 Lions u19
44 CT Wandile Simelane Jeppe 11 of 22 Lions u19
45 LF Edmund Rheeder Klerksdorp 1 of 1 Leopards u20
46 CT Wayne vd Bank Menlopark 12 of 22 Lions u20
47 WG Andell Loubser Menlopark 13 of 22 Bulls u20
48 WG Stean Pienaar Menlopark 13 of 22 Lions u20
49 PR Lee-Marvin Mazibuko Michaelhouse 11 of 22 WP u20
50 FH Bader Pretorius Michaelhouse 14 of 22 Lions u20
51 PR Nathan McBeth Monument 15 of 22 Lions u19
52 HK PJ Botha Monument 16 of 22 Lions u19
53 LK Reinhard Nothnagel Monument 17 of 22 Lions u20
54 LK Ruan Vermaak Monument 18 of 22 Lions u19
55 LF Len Massyn Monument 19 of 22 Lions u20
56 HK Marnus vd Merwe Nelspruit 3 of 5 Free State u20
57 HK HP van Schoor Oakdale 20 of 22 Lions u20
58 LK Adre Smith Oakdale 21 of 22 Lions u20
59 LF Bertie De Bod Oakdale 4 of 5 Free State u20
60 FH Christo Hamman Oakdale 14 of 22 Bulls u20
61 CT Kurt Eybers Oakdale 5 of 5 Free State u20
62 FH Manie Libbok Outeniqua 15 of 22 Bulls u20
63 HK Johan Grobbelaar Paarl Gim 16 of 22 Bulls u20
64 LF Ernst van Rhyn Paarl Gim 12 of 22 WP u20
65 LF Johan Visser Paarl Gim 13 of 22 WP u20
66 LF Muller Uys Paarl Gim 14 of 22 WP u20
67 CT Taigh Schoor Paarl Gim 8 of 10 Sharks u20
68 WG Michael Tambwe Parktown 22 of 22 Lions u20
69 FH Damian Willemse Paul Roos 15 of 22 WP u20
70 WG Nico Leonard Paul Roos 16 of 22 WP u20
71 FB Josh Vermeulen Paul Roos 17 of 22 WP u20
72 LF Clifferd Jacobs Pionier 9 of 10 Sharks u20
73 PR Gerhard Steenekamp Potch Gim 17 of 22 Bulls u20
74 PR Tiny Mukhari Pretoria BH 18 of 22 Bulls u20
75 PR Simphiwe Matanzima Queen’s 19 of 22 Bulls u20
76 WG Yaw Penxe Queen’s 3 of 3 Kings u20
77 LF Zain Davids Rondebosch 18 of 22 WP u20
78 WG Ciaran Dayaram SACS 20 of 22 Bulls u20
79 CT David Brits Selborne 19 of 22 WP u20
80 WG Mfundu Ndlovu Standerton 10 of 10 Sharks u20
81 WG Sakoyisa Makata Stirling 20 of 22 WP u20
82 LF Jaurno Augustus Tygerberg 21 of 22 WP u20
83 LF Cobus Wiese Upington 22 of 22 WP u20
84 WG Stedman Gans Waterkloof 21 of 22 Bulls u20
85 SH Richman Gora Welkom Gim 22 of 22 Bulls u19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:15 pm 

That's not the practice squad. They did fitness and conditioning tests on that group a week or so ago and will select 46, I think, for the practice squad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:38 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
That's not the practice squad. They did fitness and conditioning tests on that group a week or so ago and will select 46, I think, for the practice squad

Post it, will be interesting to see how much Louis Koen coach them to kick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next