Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 am 

tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Incredible how quickly Silver sods off a thread when he is asked for direct answers.

Such a coward.

Just cause you ask an irrelevant question doesn't make him a coward. Given the abuse and bullying he suffers on here yet still fronts up to allow this echo chamber a alternative perspective to the small demographic that is on a rugby forum he is actually the complete opposite of a coward.

:thumbup: We live in a world today where black is white. And white is black.

I like the Borg collective example. Those in the collective throw any nonsense at those who dare to step outside of it. And those that do can be locked up, beaten up, abused or lose their jobs etc. And TV and free education has made this generation the most brainwashed generation in the history of mankind. So more are in the collective than ever. Thank god for the internet. This might save mankind. As long as the elite don't close it down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:37 am 

Silver wrote:
tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
Incredible how quickly Silver sods off a thread when he is asked for direct answers.

Such a coward.

Just cause you ask an irrelevant question doesn't make him a coward. Given the abuse and bullying he suffers on here yet still fronts up to allow this echo chamber a alternative perspective to the small demographic that is on a rugby forum he is actually the complete opposite of a coward.

:thumbup: We live in a world today where black is white. And white is black.

I like the Borg collective example. Those in the collective throw any nonsense at those who dare to step outside of it. And those that do can be locked up, beaten up, abused or lose their jobs etc. And TV and free education has made this generation the most brainwashed generation in the history of mankind. So more are in the collective than ever. Thank god for the internet. This might save mankind. As long as the elite don't close it down.

You poor lamb.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 am 

tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Such a coward.

Oh do fuck off.

This isn't an echo chamber. We're not talking about Gatland Ball or the social relevance of the haka here. We're talking about people who are gambling with the health of children because they would rather believe the rantings on a shoddily made website than doctors and scientists.

Silver is a contrarian troll. He isn't being bullied, he knows exactly what he's doing. He is a coward because, deep down, he knows he is wrong. He'll just never admit it...he'll just post a link to a shitty website with colourful but otherwise meaningless graphs on it.

Anti-vaxxers are selfish scumbags.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:57 am 

Thomas wrote:
tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Such a coward.

Oh do fuck off.

This isn't an echo chamber. We're not talking about Gatland Ball or the social relevance of the haka here. We're talking about people who are gambling with the health of children because they would rather believe the rantings on a shoddily made website than doctors and scientists.

Silver is a contrarian troll. He isn't being bullied, he knows exactly what he's doing. He is a coward because, deep down, he knows he is wrong. He'll just never admit it...he'll just post a link to a shitty website with colourful but otherwise meaningless graphs on it.

Science is not going to save us from disease and illness. Many trust and hope it will = angry at anti-vaxxers (I'm not an anti-vaxxer BTW. I just support freedom of choice in all areas). But it won't. Rather the majority have a built in system to do just that. But we abuse our bodies filling it with shit food and drink, poor quality air, too much stress and ignore natural remedies on this planet etc. and of course then some get ill. But there is no money in moving the world to a healthier more natural, stress free lifestyles so we are pushed towards pill popping and unnatural drug treatment rather than prevention.

Re vaccines. Anti-vaxxers are not stopping you from taking them. They just don't won't to be forced down this route. And I hate a nanny state attitude. And one group forcing their viewpoint on another group. I like freedom and diversity as far as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:09 am 

Silver wrote:
Thomas wrote:
tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Such a coward.

Oh do fuck off.

Science is not going to save us from disease and illness. Many trust and hope it will = angry at anti-vaxxers (I'm not an anti-vaxxer BTW. I just support freedom of choice in all areas). But it won't. Rather the majority have a built in system to do just that. But we abuse our bodies filling it with shit food and drink, poor quality air, too much stress and ignore natural remedies on this planet etc. and of course then some get ill. But there is no money in moving the world to a healthier more natural, stress free lifestyles so we are pushed towards pill popping and unnatural drug treatment rather than prevention.

Re vaccines. Anti-vaxxers are not stopping you from taking them. They just don't won't to be forced down this route. And I hate a nanny state attitude. And one group forcing their viewpoint on another group. I like freedom and diversity as far as possible.

Jesus Christ.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:20 am 

jambanja wrote:
Silver, what are your thoughts on the outbreak of measles in Minesota, all because anti vaxxers have been targeting some Somali immigrants spreading fear about the susceptibility of Africans to autism, which is completely false

Any comment Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:37 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Quote:
Science is not going to save us from disease and illness.

So why aren't you and I, and most of our kids dead already then? Do you think God saved us?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:56 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Quote:

So why aren't you and I, and most of our kids dead already then? Do you think God saved us?

The healthiest people I know have gone the healthy more natural lifestyle route. Those that have gone the pill popping, vaccine, eat and drink any shit route are certainly not healthier.

I knew an old man when young who was never sick. No vaccines. He never took pills. Had never been to hospital except in his 70s for a check-up. That found he was in perfect health. He worked until he died in his sleep.

We can survive without science. But not if we live in our own shit in damp conditions and eat appalling or not enough food and drink polluted water etc. That's where science has a role to play. And to fix us up if we get smashed up. Or if things go wrong. So I'm certainly not anti real science. But elevating it above our built in defense systems is risky.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:58 am 

Silver wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Quote:

The healthiest people I know have gone the healthy more natural lifestyle route. Those that have gone the pill popping, vaccine, eat and drink any shit route are certainly not healthier.

I knew an old man when young who was never sick. No vaccines. He never took pills. Had never been to hospital except in his 70s for a check-up. That found he was in perfect health. He worked until he died in his sleep.

We can survive without science. But not if we live in our own shit in damp conditions and eat appalling or not enough food and drink polluted water etc. That's where science has a role to play. And to fix us up if we get smashed up. Or if things go wrong. So I'm certainly not anti real science. But elevating it above our built in defense systems is risky.

Well, I'm convinced...

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 am 

Silver wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Quote:

Or of course, if your neighbour has smallpox or polio the healthy lifestyle will safe you eh? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 am 

Silver wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Quote:

My great aunt lived till her 80s (well over life expectancy at the time) despite being a regular smoker. Ergo smoking isn't actually bad for you. I'm surprised you're not on the case of the anti smokers given the similarities in evidence against the generally held opinion. Or maybe I've just missed that thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 am 

jambanja wrote:
jambanja wrote:
Silver, what are your thoughts on the outbreak of measles in Minesota, all because anti vaxxers have been targeting some Somali immigrants spreading fear about the susceptibility of Africans to autism, which is completely false

Any comment Silver

Where did you get your 'facts' from?

Papers get a good sized chunk of their revenue from drug company advertising. So I'm not saying it's not factual but I always assume it might be. Both from the establishment media and the alt-media.

But here's another viewpoint on this. And it's just a viewpoint. One group is so pro-vaccines that they ignore anything negative about vaccines and jump on anything at all to promote a key customers products. The other group might not be anti-vaccines but is providing an alternative viewpoint. That may or may not be correct.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-05-11-t ... xxers.html

TRUTH: What is really behind the measles outbreak among Somali-Americans in Minnesota?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:17 am 

Silver wrote:
jambanja wrote:
jambanja wrote:

Any comment Silver

Where did you get your 'facts' from?

Papers get a good sized chunk of their revenue from drug company advertising. So I'm not saying it's not factual but I always assume it might be. Both from the establishment media and the alt-media.

But here's another viewpoint on this. And it's just a viewpoint. One group is so pro-vaccines that they ignore anything negative about vaccines and jump on anything at all to promote a key customers products. The other group might not be anti-vaccines but is providing an alternative viewpoint. That may or may not be correct.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-05-11-t ... xxers.html

TRUTH: What is really behind the measles outbreak among Somali-Americans in Minnesota?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 am 

CM11 wrote:
Silver wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Quote:

My great aunt lived till her 80s (well over life expectancy at the time) despite being a regular smoker. Ergo smoking isn't actually bad for you. I'm surprised you're not on the case of the anti smokers given the similarities in evidence against the generally held opinion. Or maybe I've just missed that thread.

Did smoking affect affect your great aunt's health. My view is let people smoke but warn them of the dangers based on real science. And have enough built into the price to cover health treatment.

For example I think stopping people smoking in a pub is silly. Have a room set aside with good fan extractors and let those that want to go for it. But I don't smoke and hate the smell and think its look bad but don't believe in forcing my viewpoint on others. As long as their smoking doesn't directly impact on others.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 am 

Silver wrote:
For example I think stopping people smoking in a pub is silly. Have a room set aside with good fan extractors and let those that want to go for it. But I don't smoke and hate the smell and think its look bad but don't believe in forcing my viewpoint on others. As long as their smoking doesn't directly impact on others.

People not getting vaccinated directly impacts others... unless we can put them all in their own little room with no contact with the rest of society for the entire time they're not vaccinated...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:30 am 

tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Such a coward.

No.....look below at the question I asked

Gazzamonster wrote:
Hi Silver - you ran away like the coward you are when faced with a rather simple question:

Gazzamonster wrote:
Silver wrote:

What you are assuming is vaccine = healthy. No vaccine = sick. It not what I have experienced. People who I have asked with brilliant health in general are not big pill poppers or vaccine takers. they go for healthy food and healthy lifestyle

I worked in one job and one sickly bugger (coughing for weeks after being off work) that I asked (did you have the flu vaccine) was pro vaccines

No....I'm not assuming anything you have written there.

Read what I wrote again and answer the question:

Quote:
OK - and what about people who don't have robust immune systems - like Cancer patients, new born babies, the elderly, pregnant women etc etc.....

What are they supposed to do if they come in contact with someone who chose not to vaccinate because they are thoughtless beyond themselves?

I await your clear and concise answer

The question is not irrelevant - in fact it is very relevant.

Silver is reamed on this forum because unlike most on here that have contradictory opinions - he is unable to back it up with any facts of substance.

When he is lost for a come back he spouts statements like 'You all believe everything you read - you're drones - you're the borg'. This all the while trying to force through an opinion based on things he has read - dangerous things with no scientific backing (because scientists know nothing - or are all paid off by big shadowy corporations).

So - in short - I asked a very relevant question and he chickened off cause he:

A) doesn't have an answer
B) see question A

Therefore he is a coward - happy when spewing out falsehoods and flawed research but no where to be seen when he is asked direct questions that he hasn't found the convenient answer to on google.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:36 am 

Truth following a link to natural news is a misnomer and you know it, Silver.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 pm 

Gazzamonster wrote:
tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Such a coward.

Gazzamonster wrote:
Hi Silver - you ran away like the coward you are when faced with a rather simple question:

Gazzamonster wrote:
Silver wrote:

What you are assuming is vaccine = healthy. No vaccine = sick. It not what I have experienced. People who I have asked with brilliant health in general are not big pill poppers or vaccine takers. they go for healthy food and healthy lifestyle

I worked in one job and one sickly bugger (coughing for weeks after being off work) that I asked (did you have the flu vaccine) was pro vaccines

Quote:
OK - and what about people who don't have robust immune systems - like Cancer patients, new born babies, the elderly, pregnant women etc etc.....

What are they supposed to do if they come in contact with someone who chose not to vaccinate because they are thoughtless beyond themselves?

Silver is reamed on this forum because unlike most on here that have contradictory opinions - he is unable to back it up with any facts of substance.

When he is lost for a come back he spouts statements like 'You all believe everything you read - you're drones - you're the borg'. This all the while trying to force through an opinion based on things he has read - dangerous things with no scientific backing (because scientists know nothing - or are all paid off by big shadowy corporations).

B) see question A

Therefore he is a coward - happy when spewing out falsehoods and flawed research but no where to be seen when he is asked direct questions that he hasn't found the convenient answer to on google.

Presumably vaccines are good for people without robust immune systems.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:47 am 

Parmite55 wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
tubbyj wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:

Such a coward.

Gazzamonster wrote:

Gazzamonster wrote:
Silver wrote:

Quote:

B) see question A

Presumably vaccines are good for people without robust immune systems.

In the main, yes. However some live vaccines should not be given to people with certain immune deficiencies, or suppressed immune systems.

Vaccines are also good for people with robust immune systems.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:20 am 

Silver got perma'd right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 am 

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2017/ ... denfreude/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 am 

Probably went over board with shitty ads, or too much phishing on the site.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:08 am 

Floppykid wrote:

Nope - he even visited us this morning

Last visited: 26 Jul 2017 06:43
Total posts: 10714
[0.21% of all posts / 5.35 posts per day]
Search user’s posts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:46 am 

Anyone ever had a particularly lethal vaccination? Had one a couple of days ago and it gave me a cracking headache and also made me vomit the next day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am 

englishchief wrote:
Anyone ever had a particularly lethal vaccination? Had one a couple of days ago and it gave me a cracking headache and also made me vomit the next day.

You're functioning particularly well for someone who had a lethal vaccination.

Strong......like Ox.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:08 am 

englishchief wrote:

Inferior genetics.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:08 pm 

Enzedder wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Nope - he even visited us this morning

Last visited: 26 Jul 2017 06:43
Total posts: 10714
[0.21% of all posts / 5.35 posts per day]
Search user’s posts

Shame.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 am 

Quote:
Call it an outbreak of stupidity.

Brooklynites are refusing to vaccinate their pets against virulent and potentially deadly illnesses as a result of a growing crusade against the life-saving inoculations, according to borough vets.

“We do see a higher number of clients who don’t want to vaccinate their animals,” said Dr. Amy Ford of the Veterinarian Wellness Center of Boerum Hill. “This may be stemming from the anti-vaccine movement, which people are now applying to their pets.”

The increased skepticism towards inoculating pets is likely the result of a national movement that claims vaccines can cause autism in children, according to the doctor, who said she has seen an increase in clients unwilling to have their dogs vaccinated in recent years. Core vaccines for canines include distemper, hepatitis, and rabies, which is required by law.

Hip youngsters who promote a more holistic lifestyle for their pets tend to be the most vocal anti-vaxxers, Ford said, but rarely have a particular reason for leaving Fido open to infection.

“It’s actually much more common in the hipster-y areas,” she said. “I really don’t know what the reasoning is, they just feel that injecting chemicals into their pet is going to cause problems.”

A Clinton Hill–based veterinarian, however, said she has heard clients suggest the inoculations could give their pups autism, echoing the argument of those who oppose vaccinating kids. But even if pooches were susceptible to the condition, their owners probably wouldn’t notice, according to the doctor.

“I had a client concerned about an autistic child who didn’t want to vaccinate the dog for the same reason,” said Dr. Stephanie Liff of Clinton Hill’s Pure Paws Veterinary Care. “We’ve never diagnosed autism in a dog. I don’t think you could.”

There was a recent uptick in canine vaccinations after an outbreak of the bacterial disease Leptospirosis, which infected several people in the Bronx earlier this year and is lethal to dogs, according to Liff, who said it’s not unusual for trends in human medicine to trickle down to animal health care.

“Most trends in veterinary medicine are extensions of human medicine, so I think the anti-vaccination movement extending into veterinary medicine is natural,” she said.

And while there are similarities in how diseases are treated in humans and animals, there are major differences in how they are contracted, including diet, that make pets even more susceptible to illnesses that vaccines prevent.

“It’s a little different,” Liff said. “My patients go out and are exposed to things. They eat dirt. They eat poop.”

The veterinarian encourages her patients to get their shots renewed every three years and said the benefits of inoculation far outweigh its slight risk, an allergic reaction that occurs in less than .04 percent of pooches.

“We should vaccinate our pets,” Liff said. “My dog is vaccinated, my parents’ dog is vaccinated. I see more diseases that could be prevented by vaccination than I see reasons not to do it.”

Pretty much sums up the entire anti-vax movement.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 pm 

Gazzamonster wrote:
Quote:
Call it an outbreak of stupidity.

Brooklynites are refusing to vaccinate their pets against virulent and potentially deadly illnesses as a result of a growing crusade against the life-saving inoculations, according to borough vets.

“We do see a higher number of clients who don’t want to vaccinate their animals,” said Dr. Amy Ford of the Veterinarian Wellness Center of Boerum Hill. “This may be stemming from the anti-vaccine movement, which people are now applying to their pets.”

The increased skepticism towards inoculating pets is likely the result of a national movement that claims vaccines can cause autism in children, according to the doctor, who said she has seen an increase in clients unwilling to have their dogs vaccinated in recent years. Core vaccines for canines include distemper, hepatitis, and rabies, which is required by law.

Hip youngsters who promote a more holistic lifestyle for their pets tend to be the most vocal anti-vaxxers, Ford said, but rarely have a particular reason for leaving Fido open to infection.

“It’s actually much more common in the hipster-y areas,” she said. “I really don’t know what the reasoning is, they just feel that injecting chemicals into their pet is going to cause problems.”

A Clinton Hill–based veterinarian, however, said she has heard clients suggest the inoculations could give their pups autism, echoing the argument of those who oppose vaccinating kids. But even if pooches were susceptible to the condition, their owners probably wouldn’t notice, according to the doctor.

“I had a client concerned about an autistic child who didn’t want to vaccinate the dog for the same reason,” said Dr. Stephanie Liff of Clinton Hill’s Pure Paws Veterinary Care. “We’ve never diagnosed autism in a dog. I don’t think you could.”

There was a recent uptick in canine vaccinations after an outbreak of the bacterial disease Leptospirosis, which infected several people in the Bronx earlier this year and is lethal to dogs, according to Liff, who said it’s not unusual for trends in human medicine to trickle down to animal health care.

“Most trends in veterinary medicine are extensions of human medicine, so I think the anti-vaccination movement extending into veterinary medicine is natural,” she said.

And while there are similarities in how diseases are treated in humans and animals, there are major differences in how they are contracted, including diet, that make pets even more susceptible to illnesses that vaccines prevent.

“It’s a little different,” Liff said. “My patients go out and are exposed to things. They eat dirt. They eat poop.”

The veterinarian encourages her patients to get their shots renewed every three years and said the benefits of inoculation far outweigh its slight risk, an allergic reaction that occurs in less than .04 percent of pooches.

“We should vaccinate our pets,” Liff said. “My dog is vaccinated, my parents’ dog is vaccinated. I see more diseases that could be prevented by vaccination than I see reasons not to do it.”

Pretty much sums up the entire anti-vax movement.

My cat turned autistic, you plum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:00 am 

This topic has been on my mind with my oldest now in school.

Quote:
"We need to maintain and strengthen the consensus around vaccination, but the most effective way to do so isn't by polarizing and dividing people. The vast majority of parents who don’t vaccinate are intelligent and well-meaning people who are trying to do what’s best for their children. We need to help them make better choices, not ridicule them."

:thumbup:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... olumn.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:25 am 

Bowens wrote:
This topic has been on my mind with my oldest now in school.

Quote:
"We need to maintain and strengthen the consensus around vaccination, but the most effective way to do so isn't by polarizing and dividing people. The vast majority of parents who don’t vaccinate are intelligent and well-meaning people who are trying to do what’s best for their children. We need to help them make better choices, not ridicule them."

:thumbup:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... olumn.html

A fanciful idea given that for every well researched study the anti vaxxers throw back a calculation on the back of a cigarette packet and call it even so they can justify making their own mind up based on conflicting 'facts'.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 am 

Mother given a week in jail for contempt of court for not having her son vaccinated by a certain date, as previously ordered.

http://www.thejournal.ie/rebecca-bredow ... 5-Oct2017/

Quote:
AN AMERICAN WOMAN has been jailed for a week for refusing to vaccinate her son.
Rebecca Bredow has been sent to prison for seven days in Michigan after failing to abide by a judge’s order instructing her to immunise her nine-year-old son, something she had initially agreed to do in November 2016 via a consent order, according to court documents.
Bredow is entitled under Michigan state law to forego vaccination for her children due to personal beliefs – the judge’s order resulted from her agreeing with her former spouse to have her child innoculated, ABC News reports.
Her sentence thus resulted from contempt of court.
Bredow, a mother-of-two, separated from her husband Jason Horne in 2008, with the pair thereafter sharing parental custody of their son.
When the child was born, she and her husband agreed that they should space out the various vaccinations needed for him.
Bredow claims that the court order from last week would have seen her son receive as many as eight immunisations in one go, and that to do so would go against her beliefs, stating that the decision to do so is a matter of “personal choice”.
For the week that Bredow spends in custody, her son will pass to her ex-husband’s care.

Quote:
I would rather go to jail for standing up for what I believe in than vaccinating my child.
I take full responsibility for my actions, and it was not my intent to disrespect the court’s orders.
I am not a lazy parent. I am a passionate mother who cares deeply about my children. I am an educated vaccine-choice mother. If my child is going to be forced to be vaccinated, I couldn’t bring myself to do it, it goes against my beliefs.

Hmmmm...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Mother given a week in jail for contempt of court for not having her son vaccinated by a certain date, as previously ordered.

http://www.thejournal.ie/rebecca-bredow ... 5-Oct2017/

Quote:
AN AMERICAN WOMAN has been jailed for a week for refusing to vaccinate her son.
Rebecca Bredow has been sent to prison for seven days in Michigan after failing to abide by a judge’s order instructing her to immunise her nine-year-old son, something she had initially agreed to do in November 2016 via a consent order, according to court documents.
Bredow is entitled under Michigan state law to forego vaccination for her children due to personal beliefs – the judge’s order resulted from her agreeing with her former spouse to have her child innoculated, ABC News reports.
Her sentence thus resulted from contempt of court.
Bredow, a mother-of-two, separated from her husband Jason Horne in 2008, with the pair thereafter sharing parental custody of their son.
When the child was born, she and her husband agreed that they should space out the various vaccinations needed for him.
Bredow claims that the court order from last week would have seen her son receive as many as eight immunisations in one go, and that to do so would go against her beliefs, stating that the decision to do so is a matter of “personal choice”.
For the week that Bredow spends in custody, her son will pass to her ex-husband’s care.

Quote:
I would rather go to jail for standing up for what I believe in than vaccinating my child.
I take full responsibility for my actions, and it was not my intent to disrespect the court’s orders.
I am not a lazy parent. I am a passionate mother who cares deeply about my children. I am an educated vaccine-choice mother. If my child is going to be forced to be vaccinated, I couldn’t bring myself to do it, it goes against my beliefs.

Hmmmm...

If the parents have joint custody why didn't the father just vaccinate when the boy was in his care?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:59 pm 

Lady seems like she wanted the publicity. I have to ask why her young son's privacy isn't a bigger concern for her though, if he really is her priority.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:00 pm 

So yeah - cheers Anti-Vaxx brigade:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/measles-outbreaks-confirmed-in-leeds-liverpool-and-birmingham#history

Apparently sweeping in from Europe where vaccination programs have not been as thorough.

First 29 cases were all in children and adults that hadn't had the 2 stage MMR vaccine.

But you know.....big pharma and all that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:38 pm 

Pet anti-vaxxers are now a thing

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ights-pets

From the comments
Quote:
All the anti-vaccine advocates should be required to visit a animal shelter during a Parvo or Distemper outbreak so that they can witness first hand what it means for a dog. I have worked for many years in a animal shelter and while our policy was to vaccinate every dog by time of intake, we still ended up with several Parvo and Distemper outbreaks. Fortunately today we are able to save about 90% of Parvo infected dogs due to advancements in veterinary care. Distemper on the other hand is almost always deadly in much higher numbers. Distemper also spreads quicker and more effective than Parvo which makes it so difficult to control during a outbreak. While many dogs are able to survive stage 1 of Distemper, stage 2 is almost always deadly. During the outbreak, you walk through the kennels and you collect the dead bodies, you carry them to the freezer and you start piling them up. Then you take a step back and you look at the pile of dead bodies, thinking that just 1 vaccination costing less than a meal at McDonalds could have saved each one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:35 pm 

Oi - this thread cannot die

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:01 pm 

Wasn't there a recent 'nutter of the bored' thread. How can anyone say, "Science isn't the way?"

Edit: Just in case anyone doesn't get it;
"the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment"

Or would they rather just have faith.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm 

https://annals.org/aim/article-abstract ... hort-study

Study of 657k kids between 1997 and 2010 shows zero link between MMR vaccine and autism. Following on from a study by the same guys between 1991 and 1998 that showed the same thing (covering 537k kids).

Finds:
- No increased risk of autism
- No triggering of autism
- No clustering of autism cases after vaccination

Yet Andrew Wakefield is still quoted by anti-vaxxers (and he meant Trump) :uhoh:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
https://annals.org/aim/article-abstract/2727726/measles-mumps-rubella-vaccination-autism-nationwide-cohort-study

Study of 657k kids between 1997 and 2010 shows zero link between MMR vaccine and autism. Following on from a study by the same guys between 1991 and 1998 that showed the same thing (covering 537k kids).

Finds:
- No increased risk of autism
- No triggering of autism
- No clustering of autism cases after vaccination

Yet Andrew Wakefield is still quoted by anti-vaxxers (and he meant Trump) :uhoh:

It's baffling and frustrating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next