Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 am
Posts: 2
not ass painfull as i thought it would be...

Howdy plums!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 3102
SmellyBox wrote:
not ass painfull as i thought it would be...

Howdy plums!


Fuck off n00b!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
postmanphat wrote:
I'm a newbie here and you can probably expect a spike in new registrations (if you haven't seen it already) from users jumping ship on your sister site, forum.football365.com

Presumably this forum is owned by Ole media too? Well over on F365 they've dicked about with the forum software to such an extent that inter-post ads block whole pages, certain functionality doesn't work, buttons don't work, the page drains battery and data like you wouldn't believe due to adverts all over the place constantly reloading. To get a half usable experience you have to install all kinds of ad-blockers and scripts. It's ridiculous. The activity on what was once a thriving forum has fallen dramatically... after a couple of false dawns in terms of people independently knocking up forums for the beleaguered userbase, but have never really taken off.

It's a shitshow so yeah, you'll probably end up with a few friendly refugees :thumbup:
We had a problem with spam once. Hundreds of Russian spambots would join every week and while their chat was better than that of most posters here, there was an awful lot of it. Through a well planned and executed campaign I managed to put enough pressure on admin to get the issue resolved. That was the day I saved the board from spam.

We too had a thriving and very well used lifeboat forum set up by one of the users but it was shut down by the mods here who were fearful of attacks and that it would become more popular than this place. Nothing could have been further from the truth however - we just wanted to be left alone to enjoy chatting about rugby and other interesting topics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10606
Sympathy nibble - 😂😂😂. You are so full of shit, your nickname is pampers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8969
Location: hovering over the red button
Hong Kong wrote:
Sympathy nibble - 😂😂😂. You are so full of shit, your nickname is pampers


Give him some credit, his first sentence was actually accurate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22242
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Thai guy wrote:
that it would become more popular than this place. Nothing could have been further from the truth however


This is quite true as well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
Farva wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
that it would become more popular than this place. Nothing could have been further from the truth however


This is quite true as well
Selective quote of the year. You are on fire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10606
Edit: not required


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49761
Location: Oundle
Cheers HK!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7236
Do not express opinions against the general bored view, otherwise you should be fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7236
and if you can slag off Globus at least one in every three posts you will be considered a hoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 1109
Location: NZ
Anyone other kiwis/SH folk notice even though the time on your profile is set to NZ or equivalent it is still an hour forward?

Showing 00.59 here and its 11.59

Might be a day light savings thing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13748
Location: Above you.
Thai guy wrote:
postmanphat wrote:
I'm a newbie here and you can probably expect a spike in new registrations (if you haven't seen it already) from users jumping ship on your sister site, forum.football365.com

Presumably this forum is owned by Ole media too? Well over on F365 they've dicked about with the forum software to such an extent that inter-post ads block whole pages, certain functionality doesn't work, buttons don't work, the page drains battery and data like you wouldn't believe due to adverts all over the place constantly reloading. To get a half usable experience you have to install all kinds of ad-blockers and scripts. It's ridiculous. The activity on what was once a thriving forum has fallen dramatically... after a couple of false dawns in terms of people independently knocking up forums for the beleaguered userbase, but have never really taken off.

It's a shitshow so yeah, you'll probably end up with a few friendly refugees :thumbup:
We had a problem with spam once. Hundreds of Russian spambots would join every week and while their chat was better than that of most posters here, there was an awful lot of it. Through a well planned and executed campaign I managed to put enough pressure on admin to get the issue resolved. That was the day I saved the board from spam.

We too had a thriving and very well used lifeboat forum set up by one of the users but it was shut down by the mods here who were fearful of attacks and that it would become more popular than this place. Nothing could have been further from the truth however - we just wanted to be left alone to enjoy chatting about rugby and other interesting topics.


I'm not 100% sure I'm not a bot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 56
Hello Posters. English,British, Sale fan. That is the introductions done with now and I now have a login to join the discussion. I have been reading live match topics and the brexit posts here and decided to register. I've disagreed with a number of opinions expressed here but rarely ever had the urge to join a forum to counter views before.
Hopefully its all good chat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49761
Location: Oundle
Good luck. Just immediately put me on "ignore".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10606
and would toga stop registering, denying it's his latest incarnation, then being identified as such within 6-10 posts. Get over it - you are not wanted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46141
I really didn't think that was Toga.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15112
Location: By the mighty beard of Adam Jones
Toga wouldn't have bothered claiming to be a Sale fan or creating a pointless backstory.

The only recent poster who has seemed Togaesque is ChipSpike.

And why is he not wanted anyway?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46141
Who, Toga? Regular meltdowns, he's a shit bloke with some very unpleasant opinions, turns everything into a deeply personal shitfight, and had a Dozy style threatening of mods episode when he was banned a while back.

His presence is a major negative for the board.

Anyway he came back again under a new login.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8969
Location: hovering over the red button
JM2K6 wrote:
Who, Toga? Regular meltdowns, he's a shit bloke with some very unpleasant opinions, turns everything into a deeply personal shitfight, and had a Dozy style threatening of mods episode when he was banned a while back.

His presence is a major negative for the board.

Anyway he came back again under a new login.


Any 'new' English poster who comes in and posts 50+ times a day is likely to be Toga. Armand Aleg was clearly him. Not 100% sure about Blind Hookah but filled some of the normal M.O.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49761
Location: Oundle
I can say, in all truth, I've never, ever posted as another. Globus I am and shall stay that way. I have now had two holidays. No moaning from me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10606
blindcider wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Who, Toga? Regular meltdowns, he's a shit bloke with some very unpleasant opinions, turns everything into a deeply personal shitfight, and had a Dozy style threatening of mods episode when he was banned a while back.

His presence is a major negative for the board.

Anyway he came back again under a new login.


Any 'new' English poster who comes in and posts 50+ times a day is likely to be Toga. Armand Aleg was clearly him. Not 100% sure about Blind Hookah but filled some of the normal M.O.

he also immediately applies for a new user name after his latest incarnation has been zapped. Ah well


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, anonymous_joe, backrow, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Botha Boy, DD-2017, diarm, earl the beaver, easyray, etherman, Floppykid, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhooker, iarmhiman, JoeMangled, kingswood, Leinsterman, Margin_Walker, Nobleman, Plato'sCave, SickeninglyArrogantPerson, sockwithaticket, tazman77, Ted., Wyndham Upalot and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group