Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: James Corden OBE
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:53 pm 

He did go to a school that has produced a few England internationals

eg Matt Dawson, Nick Beal, Nick Dunscombe, Tom Rees, Christian Wade.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:55 pm 

colonel wrote:
Owain Leekdwr wrote:

If they can give knighthoods to the likes of Lenny Henry, or should I say Sir Lenny Henry... then they can give an OBE to the likes of him.

What precisely describes 'the likes of' lenny henry?

His blackness!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:04 pm 

Never liked him based on my limited exposure to him when he was still UK-based. He came across as arrogant, unfunny, and just not particularly talented. So I was surprised when he got the Late Late Show over here, but I do like the US version of him; on US Telly he’s likable, self-effacing, and gives his guests space and time to talk and show their talents.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:07 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
AND-y wrote:
SamShark wrote:
His large head, and a fair bit about his persona, irritates me.

You can;t deny his success - 36 years old and has penned a sitcom, plays, films, job in the USA etc.

Hope for fat ugly people everywhere

I think he's a funny guy and must be a lot smarter than he comes across. He does accept some shit such as that Into The Woods film though.

I think he represents a problem with many of our current crop of comendians, he's a bit funny sometimes, but is mostly kinda not. Not really done anything really witty.

You've just described Russell Howard. How he's a professional comedian mystifies me.

But then I see how popular Mrs Brown's Boys is in England and it makes perfect sense.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:34 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
AND-y wrote:
SamShark wrote:

You can;t deny his success - 36 years old and has penned a sitcom, plays, films, job in the USA etc.

I think he's a funny guy and must be a lot smarter than he comes across. He does accept some shit such as that Into The Woods film though.

I think he represents a problem with many of our current crop of comendians, he's a bit funny sometimes, but is mostly kinda not. Not really done anything really witty.

I know you'd order a fucking korma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaq4nN2QwEI

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:25 am 

Hellraiser wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
AND-y wrote:
SamShark wrote:

You've just described Russell Howard. How he's a professional comedian mystifies me.

But then I see how popular Mrs Brown's Boys is in England and it makes perfect sense.

That just satisifes our pastime of laughing at the Irish - and most people don't know about this message board.