Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11498
Quote:
Veteran midfielder's prospects of a third Rugby World Cup firm, providing he can get back on the field.


Apologies if red rebel

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby- ... s-to-prove

Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Williams had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key impact player off the bench in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 51 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Seriously :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5235
Off the bench against the rush defence?

Works for me .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1195
Location: Behind A PC
Sonny Bill, the ultimate rugby mercenary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31696
Location: in transit
ArnoldVDH wrote:
Sonny Bill, the ultimate rugby mercenary.


Does he play French club rugby between test series now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12412
ArnoldVDH wrote:
Sonny Bill, the ultimate rugby mercenary.


How?

He's been earning less money than he could have for every one of the last 9 years that he left France.

He's failing Mercenary 101 miserably by that standard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3175
He's a vital cog for the AB's balance.

I am dubious of him being worthwhile with how under-cooked he will be though - I think a fit and firing Nonu would provide enough of the same thing the AB coaches have SBW there for (and other all-round qualities besides) to make him a better option than SBW with very few games under his belt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4058
If true then laumape and nonu are probably on the outer then


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 16709
He does provide a physical presence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 16709
brat wrote:
If true then laumape and nonu are probably on the outer then

It'll push them to be at their best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1270
Yourmother wrote:
Quote:
Veteran midfielder's prospects of a third Rugby World Cup firm, providing he can get back on the field.


Apologies if red rebel

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby- ... s-to-prove

Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Williams had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key impact player off the bench in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 51 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Seriously :?

Getting the knives out for his comeback already.
Classy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11340
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 am
Posts: 127
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Have to agree. SBW needs to be playing regularly... which he hasn't done for what over 2 years... constantly broken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12690
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.

Who else is being picked on reputation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22224
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


If only they were the only ones doing it. See Ireland's half backs and backrow, Eddie Jones England, Australia period, Gatland's frequent squad selections and France for no rational reason we can conclude.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5197
SBW hasn't really proved much in an AB jersey since before the Lions series. He's been broken most of the last 2 seasons. He won't have a lot of time to get match fit. When is he due back?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 pm
Posts: 1056
There was an interesting analysis of the AB midfield composed by Ben Smith @ RugbyPass a few months ago. It was fairly compelling in SBW's favour and his reasons why certainly made sense. Either way the AB midfield that tipped up in the NH last Nov.was way underpowered, a blind man could see that particularly against Ireland who kept the AB tryless. The same Ireland were pulped just 4 months later by both England and Wales.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11498
BillW wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Quote:
Veteran midfielder's prospects of a third Rugby World Cup firm, providing he can get back on the field.


Apologies if red rebel

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby- ... s-to-prove

Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Williams had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key impact player off the bench in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 51 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Seriously :?

Getting the knives out for his comeback already.
Classy.


Not really. Just amazed a head coach would outright say form doesn’t matter as he has so many caps, so doesn’t need form (and over the last 4 years as it happens whilst he aggregated many caps without form).

SBW I don’t see as a player who is very good with rush defence as well. He’s much better with front foot ball breaking the gainline opportunities. He’s a bit slow, and not exactly powering over tacklers anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6887
Yourmother wrote:
BillW wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Quote:
Veteran midfielder's prospects of a third Rugby World Cup firm, providing he can get back on the field.


Apologies if red rebel

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby- ... s-to-prove

Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Williams had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key impact player off the bench in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 51 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Seriously :?

Getting the knives out for his comeback already.
Classy.


Not really. Just amazed a head coach would outright say form doesn’t matter as he has so many caps, so doesn’t need form (and over the last 4 years as it happens whilst he aggregated many caps without form).

SBW I don’t see as a player who is very good with rush defence as well. He’s much better with front foot ball breaking the gainline opportunities. He’s a bit slow, and not exactly powering over tacklers anymore.


Anymore? When did he ever power over tacklers apart from in his league heyday? In rugby union he runs into the line and almost stops looking for the offload. Having him in the midfield is like a 3rd grade team, short on players, playing a flanker in the backs. He is slow and cumbersome and stymies any creativity in the midfield.

But we've known for a long time that if fit Hansen will pick him based on his man crush on SBW, not on form.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4546
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Which RWC winning teams were picked on form over reputation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12412
Wilderbeast wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Which RWC winning teams were picked on form over reputation?


Most of them, surely. That’s how NMS and Naholo made the last RWC squad ahead of the tried and tested Jane and Dagg, how Jane and Dagg themselves were selected ahead of Sivivatu and Gear ahead of the previous one


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:06 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 342
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15394
Yourmother wrote:
Quote:
Veteran midfielder's prospects of a third Rugby World Cup firm, providing he can get back on the field.


Apologies if red rebel

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby- ... s-to-prove

Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Williams had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key impact player off the bench in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 51 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Seriously :?


*Cough*

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89726&start=240#p6044948

Yeah, it's a crock of shit, especially in light of Hansen's previous comments along the lines of having to prove form, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15394
Bayern wrote:
There was an interesting analysis of the AB midfield composed by Ben Smith @ RugbyPass a few months ago. It was fairly compelling in SBW's favour and his reasons why certainly made sense. Either way the AB midfield that tipped up in the NH last Nov.was way underpowered, a blind man could see that particularly against Ireland who kept the AB tryless. The same Ireland were pulped just 4 months later by both England and Wales.


The proof of the past few seasons doesn't support that analysis. There may be a hint of finding some stats and a slant to suit a prior viewpoint.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:23 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 342
Hansen is getting to old and fat for the job.

Will he continue to pick players who are well past their peak and spend more time injured then playing like he did with Julian Savea.
There are better players today at 2,3,6.7.8.12,13,and 14.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2545
Location: Kirikiriroa
Was there ever any doubt? Hansen of course is going to select him because thats what he does.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12412
xhooker wrote:
Hansen is getting to old and fat for the job.

Will he continue to pick players who are well past their peak and spend more time injured then playing like he did with Julian Savea.
There are better players today at 2,3,6.7.8.12,13,and 14.


Savea was dropped as soon as Ioane turned up, it was Foster who wanted to persist with him

I’m not sure what your list of numbers mean. Which players?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4546
naki wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Which RWC winning teams were picked on form over reputation?


Most of them, surely. That’s how NMS and Naholo made the last RWC squad ahead of the tried and tested Jane and Dagg, how Jane and Dagg themselves were selected ahead of Sivivatu and Gear ahead of the previous one


To me, picking on form is picking the best player in each position at any given time. I don't know of any coach who has done that in a RWC, let alone any of the coaches that won the competition. Coaches make painstaking plans for the RWC. They pick their players years in advance and strategise accordingly, developing combinations and embedding a thorough understanding of their gameplan within the players. This isn't picking on reputation, but on the surface it might as well be.

I'm not particularly big on Hansen's obsession with SBW but lets not kid ourselves that this whole picking on reputation thing is new, isn't done by every major coach out there and hasn't been proven to be successful.

I feel I could have said this better, but I hope you get my point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2545
Location: Kirikiriroa
Wilderbeast wrote:
naki wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Which RWC winning teams were picked on form over reputation?


Most of them, surely. That’s how NMS and Naholo made the last RWC squad ahead of the tried and tested Jane and Dagg, how Jane and Dagg themselves were selected ahead of Sivivatu and Gear ahead of the previous one


To me, picking on form is picking the best player in each position at any given time. I don't know of any coach who has done that in a RWC, let alone any of the coaches that won the competition. Coaches make painstaking plans for the RWC. They pick their players years in advance and strategise accordingly, developing combinations and embedding a thorough understanding of their gameplan within the players. This isn't picking on reputation, but on the surface it might as well be.

I'm not particularly big on Hansen's obsession with SBW but lets not kid ourselves that this whole picking on reputation thing is new, isn't done by every major coach out there and hasn't been proven to be successful.

I feel I could have said this better, but I hope you get my point.


Hansen no doubt had SBW marked down as a *key* player and piece for his plan to defend the World Cup it would take something drastic to make him drop him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4546
It's clear SBW is key to their plans. He's definitely going.

This also isn't the first time Hansen has made a bizarre comment that has raised eyebrows and can be seen as a contradiction with other comments. His comments on Mo'unga and Laumape were more than a little strange and I often wonder if he's trying to be cute around justifying his preferences. To be completely honest, I often think he's full of shit with some of the rationale he gives to the public.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6887
Wilderbeast wrote:
naki wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Which RWC winning teams were picked on form over reputation?


Most of them, surely. That’s how NMS and Naholo made the last RWC squad ahead of the tried and tested Jane and Dagg, how Jane and Dagg themselves were selected ahead of Sivivatu and Gear ahead of the previous one


To me, picking on form is picking the best player in each position at any given time. I don't know of any coach who has done that in a RWC, let alone any of the coaches that won the competition. Coaches make painstaking plans for the RWC. They pick their players years in advance and strategise accordingly, developing combinations and embedding a thorough understanding of their gameplan within the players. This isn't picking on reputation, but on the surface it might as well be.

I'm not particularly big on Hansen's obsession with SBW but lets not kid ourselves that this whole picking on reputation thing is new, isn't done by every major coach out there and hasn't been proven to be successful.

I feel I could have said this better, but I hope you get my point.


Another way of putting it is form is temporary and class is permanent. Which explains Dan Carter's selection in 2015 for example despite his lack of game time and patchy form.

However in the case of SBW I would question his class. He's decent but not the world class midfielder Hansen seems to think he is. The midfield is a real logjam. I'd have Crotty, Goodhue, ALB as first picks and Laumape and Nonu ahead of SBW in the pecking order.

Unfortunately it seems Hansen views SBW as no.1 and the rest are fighting over who will partner him at 13 and fill the remaining midfield spots in the squad. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14782
Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Ma'a Nonu had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key player in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 103 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Fixed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6887
Tehui wrote:
Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Ma'a Nonu had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key player in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 103 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Fixed.


:thumbup: The only difference is Nonu HAS CURRENT form.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4546
Goes back to what I was saying about coaches having a grand plan and SBW being aprt of Hansen's. Nonu left our shores and was written out of the plan. Now that he's back, Nonu could have both the reputation and the form but still lose out to SBW.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21779
Location: Middle East
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2355
2 things.

SBW is a role player. If you tell him to do one specific job for 80 minutes he'll do it and won't divert from the script. That predicability and reliability is very valuable from a coaches perspective.

Also, he's a team guy. He would be just as enthusiastic and supportive whether he was the starting 12 or squad member 31. Nonu on the other hand has been known to have a slight..... storm cloud type of demeanor which isn't always conducive to a good team environment.

I think these are considerations, I don't know if I'd pick SBW over Nonu (or laumape) personally though. We're spoilt for choice no question.

I'd need to see more form from SBW first


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3497
Murdoch wrote:
SBW is a role player.

Also, he's a team guy. He would be just as enthusiastic and supportive whether he was the starting 12 or squad member 31. Nonu on the other hand has been known to have a slight..... storm cloud type of demeanor which isn't always conducive to a good team environment.



Where does this come from?

Nonu was great when sharing the midfield with Tana, Conrad, and SBW at various times.

In fact the only one of those I've known to throw a tizzie at selection is Conrad Smith.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11498
Murdoch wrote:
2 things.

SBW is a role player. If you tell him to do one specific job for 80 minutes he'll do it and won't divert from the script. That predicability and reliability is very valuable from a coaches perspective.

Also, he's a team guy. He would be just as enthusiastic and supportive whether he was the starting 12 or squad member 31. Nonu on the other hand has been known to have a slight..... storm cloud type of demeanor which isn't always conducive to a good team environment.

I think these are considerations, I don't know if I'd pick SBW over Nonu (or laumape) personally though. We're spoilt for choice no question.

I'd need to see more form from SBW first


Not diverting from the script is not really a good thing for a coach.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15394
Yourmother wrote:
Murdoch wrote:
2 things.

SBW is a role player. If you tell him to do one specific job for 80 minutes he'll do it and won't divert from the script. That predicability and reliability is very valuable from a coaches perspective.

Also, he's a team guy. He would be just as enthusiastic and supportive whether he was the starting 12 or squad member 31. Nonu on the other hand has been known to have a slight..... storm cloud type of demeanor which isn't always conducive to a good team environment.

I think these are considerations, I don't know if I'd pick SBW over Nonu (or laumape) personally though. We're spoilt for choice no question.

I'd need to see more form from SBW first


Not diverting from the script is not really a good thing for a coach.

Image


But fantastic for the opposition. :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2545
Location: Kirikiriroa
booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:
Quote:
But Hansen told a large gathering of media in south Auckland that Ma'a Nonu had nothing to prove other than his physical readiness for a tilt at a third World Cup. He was a key player in both the 2011 and 2015 triumphs.

"I understand why people would say he's running out of time. But is he really?" said the All Blacks coach in a clear endorsement of his veteran No 12. "He's already proved himself. He's played 103 tests. That's a lot of test matches; that's a lot of proving.


Fixed.


:thumbup: The only difference is Nonu HAS CURRENT form.


And was at some point in his career a pure world class center with all the bow strings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12412
Wilderbeast wrote:
naki wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
And selecting by reputation instead of form is why NZ won’t even come close to winning the World Cup.


Which RWC winning teams were picked on form over reputation?


Most of them, surely. That’s how NMS and Naholo made the last RWC squad ahead of the tried and tested Jane and Dagg, how Jane and Dagg themselves were selected ahead of Sivivatu and Gear ahead of the previous one


To me, picking on form is picking the best player in each position at any given time. I don't know of any coach who has done that in a RWC, let alone any of the coaches that won the competition. Coaches make painstaking plans for the RWC. They pick their players years in advance and strategise accordingly, developing combinations and embedding a thorough understanding of their gameplan within the players. This isn't picking on reputation, but on the surface it might as well be.

I'm not particularly big on Hansen's obsession with SBW but lets not kid ourselves that this whole picking on reputation thing is new, isn't done by every major coach out there and hasn't been proven to be successful.

I feel I could have said this better, but I hope you get my point.


Yes, I get your point. Most coaches are going always going to favour long-standing combinations and time in the saddle over the latest shiny toy, and they're usually right to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beafheart, Bindi, Blake, BokJock, Boomslang, ChipSpike, Da iawn diolch, dargotronV.1, de_Selby, Diego, doodles.dude, DraadkarD, echo, eldanielfire, Gareth1960, Geek, Google Adsense [Bot], I like haggis, JamesJames, jdogscoop, Jim Lahey, koroke hangareka, Lobby, ManInTheBar, Mog The Almighty, mrbrownstone, openclashXX, penguin, piquant, Raison D'etre, RandomNavigat0r, rett, rialtoblue, Saint, Sandstorm, sockwithaticket, tazman77, tc27, The Sun God, Trey, unseenwork, usermame, xhooker, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group