Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:09 pm
Posts: 170
Went and saw Gorillaz in Birmingham last night, enjoyed the gig despite the ar$ehole student girl in front of me loudly banging on about how proud she was to be part of an ethnically diverse event. She was playing race bingo with the band and guests, screaming loudly with joy when an Asian rapper came on (he looked black to me) and loudly telling her friends how one of the backing vocalists was Nigerian because she sounded just like a group of Nigerian friends she had. She was like a real life version of Student Gwant out of Viz. in fairness one of her friends eventually told her to shut up and enjoy the music.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10333
Location: Otago, Utopian paradise
Roger Waters next year and a wine festival with a bunch of bands that was to include George Thorogood. He had to bail out for family reasons so ELO are replacing him.

Jeff Lynne is a dead-set genius IMO and it'll be a huge privilege to see him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25507
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Pearl jam European tour announced- saw them at the ziggodome in Amsterdam last time around, really good venue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5891
Queen at Wembley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:09 pm
Posts: 170
So far for next year I have Stereophonics, the Showhawk Duo (well worth checking out) Roger Waters in Hyde Park and a Bearded Theory ticket. Bring it on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 997
Next year I've got tickets for Greta Van Fleet and loads of other nostalgia moments.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16601
SilverGrin wrote:
Roger Waters next year and a wine festival with a bunch of bands that was to include George Thorogood. He had to bail out for family reasons so ELO are replacing him.

Jeff Lynne is a dead-set genius IMO and it'll be a huge privilege to see him.


George Thorogood at a winery would be a pretty poor fit, IMO. It's not "One merlot, one cab sav and one buttery chard".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 997
Next year I've got tickets for Greta Van Fleet and loads of other nostalgia moments.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16601
Bobcock wrote:
Next year I've got tickets for Greta Van Fleet and loads of other nostalgia moments.....


I'm feeling nostalgic about when you posted this 15 minutes ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 997
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bobcock wrote:
Next year I've got tickets for Greta Van Fleet and loads of other nostalgia moments.....


I'm feeling nostalgic about when you posted this 15 minutes ago.


I seem to be having an issue with Safari on my iPad, it keeps resubmitting pages for no reason..... humble apologies to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16601
Anyway, I'm off to see Angus & Julia Stone next weekend and am off up to Auckland in Feb to see LCD Soundsystem on a Fri and the National on the Sat.

Also am gonna go and see the East Pointers at the Bath House in Jan. Caught them at WOMAD this year and enjoyed their folk stylings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18355
Got tickets to Auckland City Limits in March. Beck, Grace Jones & The Libertines among others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24491
Location: SOB>Todd
Just saw the Killers last night.
Not exactly my favourite band but they put on a good show and Flowers' vocals are excellent live.
You also tend to forget just how many huge catchy hits they had.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16601
Floppykid wrote:
Just saw the Killers last night.
Not exactly my favourite band but they put on a good show and Flowers' vocals are excellent live.
You also tend to forget just how many huge catchy hits they had.


That's the Killers in a nutshell - great live act, patchy albums with a handful of big catchy songs and bunch of average ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24491
Location: SOB>Todd
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Just saw the Killers last night.
Not exactly my favourite band but they put on a good show and Flowers' vocals are excellent live.
You also tend to forget just how many huge catchy hits they had.


That's the Killers in a nutshell - great live act, patchy albums with a handful of big catchy songs and bunch of average ones.

They do have some great songs in fairness, Flower's solo career also produced some very good songs.
But yeah, that's spot on. I think Flowers said himself that he feels he writes a lot of "7 out of 10" songs with the odd huge success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
I went to watch And so I watch You From Afar last week on their last show of their tour. They were absolutely fckign incredible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 220
Floppykid wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Just saw the Killers last night.
Not exactly my favourite band but they put on a good show and Flowers' vocals are excellent live.
You also tend to forget just how many huge catchy hits they had.


That's the Killers in a nutshell - great live act, patchy albums with a handful of big catchy songs and bunch of average ones.

They do have some great songs in fairness, Flower's solo career also produced some very good songs.
But yeah, that's spot on. I think Flowers said himself that he feels he writes a lot of "7 out of 10" songs with the odd huge success.


Just managed to get tickets to see them next July at the Macron stadium in Bolton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:57 pm
Posts: 806
DragsterDriver wrote:
Pearl jam European tour announced- saw them at the ziggodome in Amsterdam last time around, really good venue.

Just bought my tickets for Barcelona. Only about 200 sleeps to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24491
Location: SOB>Todd
4Bags wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Just saw the Killers last night.
Not exactly my favourite band but they put on a good show and Flowers' vocals are excellent live.
You also tend to forget just how many huge catchy hits they had.


That's the Killers in a nutshell - great live act, patchy albums with a handful of big catchy songs and bunch of average ones.

They do have some great songs in fairness, Flower's solo career also produced some very good songs.
But yeah, that's spot on. I think Flowers said himself that he feels he writes a lot of "7 out of 10" songs with the odd huge success.


Just managed to get tickets to see them next July at the Macron stadium in Bolton

Money well spent, they're a lot of fun live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10901
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Just bought 2 tickets to this

Image

Now to get to the UK from South Africa....

:P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13453
jezzer wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Pearl jam European tour announced- saw them at the ziggodome in Amsterdam last time around, really good venue.

Just bought my tickets for Barcelona. Only about 200 sleeps to go.


I booked the Sonar festival in Barcelona, Laurent Gaurnier, LCD Soundsystem, Bonobo etc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:43 pm
Posts: 979
The Unthanks tonight, then Mogwai on Friday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25507
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
jezzer wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Pearl jam European tour announced- saw them at the ziggodome in Amsterdam last time around, really good venue.

Just bought my tickets for Barcelona. Only about 200 sleeps to go.

Is it a big venue? :)

Also Todd Terry in April booked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:57 pm
Posts: 806
DragsterDriver wrote:
jezzer wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Pearl jam European tour announced- saw them at the ziggodome in Amsterdam last time around, really good venue.

Just bought my tickets for Barcelona. Only about 200 sleeps to go.

Is it a big venue? :)

Also Todd Terry in April booked.


About 15k I think. By the time I got the booking page to load all the standing tickets were sold. Will be quite far back but I don't care. I had to work the day Lollopalooza came to town in the States in 92 or 93 and I've been waiting to see them since then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7198
Kid A wrote:
I went to watch And so I watch You From Afar last week on their last show of their tour. They were absolutely fckign incredible.

And So I Watched You From the Bar we used to call them. Lovely lads. Terrible music.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2287
Oxbow wrote:
The Unthanks tonight, then Mogwai on Friday.

Got Mogwai on Saturday, never seen them live before - really looking forward to it.

British Sea Power next year, but at the moment that's the only gig planned.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 997
The Ruts Xmas Party at the 100 Club next week.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13453
I've done NOS Alive in Lisbon the last two years, was going to give this year a miss. Bloody lineup has me reconsidering but the three day tickets are all sold, might be able to get package deals. Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Chvurches...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7715
sewa wrote:
I've done NOS Alive in Lisbon the last two years, was going to give this year a miss. Bloody lineup has me reconsidering but the three day tickets are all sold, might be able to get package deals. Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Chvurches...


Mmmmm.....Chvrches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13453
Gazzamonster wrote:
sewa wrote:
I've done NOS Alive in Lisbon the last two years, was going to give this year a miss. Bloody lineup has me reconsidering but the three day tickets are all sold, might be able to get package deals. Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Chvurches...


Mmmmm.....Chvrches.


I was thinking its a battle of two of the finest ladies in rock.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7715
sewa wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
sewa wrote:
I've done NOS Alive in Lisbon the last two years, was going to give this year a miss. Bloody lineup has me reconsidering but the three day tickets are all sold, might be able to get package deals. Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Chvurches...


Mmmmm.....Chvrches.


I was thinking its a battle of two of the finest ladies in rock.


Don't tell Lauren Mayberry that - she'll destroy you in front of all those you love.

She is stunning though.......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13453
Gazzamonster wrote:
sewa wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
sewa wrote:
I've done NOS Alive in Lisbon the last two years, was going to give this year a miss. Bloody lineup has me reconsidering but the three day tickets are all sold, might be able to get package deals. Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Chvurches...


Mmmmm.....Chvrches.


I was thinking its a battle of two of the finest ladies in rock.


Don't tell Lauren Mayberry that - she'll destroy you in front of all those you love.

She is stunning though.......


Yup, Ellie is too. She is a tiny little thing though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4862
Neil Finn and Liam Finn are playing combined gigs in small town NZ this month. Paekakariki was sold out, so I'm flying down to Christchurch and heading out to Oxford, North Canterbury on Saturday the 20th.

Apparently they've been working on new songs together, but no doubt they'll bash out some old classics along the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
hermie wrote:
Kid A wrote:
I went to watch And so I watch You From Afar last week on their last show of their tour. They were absolutely fckign incredible.

And So I Watched You From the Bar we used to call them. Lovely lads. Terrible music.


How anyone can say this is "terrible" is beyond me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89RqrXJEdM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:15 am
Posts: 118
Gazzamonster wrote:
sewa wrote:
Gazzamonster wrote:
sewa wrote:
I've done NOS Alive in Lisbon the last two years, was going to give this year a miss. Bloody lineup has me reconsidering but the three day tickets are all sold, might be able to get package deals. Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Chvurches...


Mmmmm.....Chvrches.


I was thinking its a battle of two of the finest ladies in rock.


Don't tell Lauren Mayberry that - she'll destroy you in front of all those you love.

She is stunning though.......


Meh. She can be lovely, but she can also be a reet pain in the fvcking arse


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4212
Nils Frahm, Barbican, February


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2848
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
dargotronV.1 wrote:
Nils Frahm, Barbican, February


I'm off to see him at Colston Hall. Can't wait.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4402
Location: Adopted Lion - Jon Davies
Image

UK Tour went on sale today :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6683
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Neil Finn and Liam Finn are playing combined gigs in small town NZ this month. Paekakariki was sold out, so I'm flying down to Christchurch and heading out to Oxford, North Canterbury on Saturday the 20th.

Apparently they've been working on new songs together, but no doubt they'll bash out some old classics along the way.


Went last night - loved it. KG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6683
kiwigreg369 wrote:
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
Neil Finn and Liam Finn are playing combined gigs in small town NZ this month. Paekakariki was sold out, so I'm flying down to Christchurch and heading out to Oxford, North Canterbury on Saturday the 20th.

Apparently they've been working on new songs together, but no doubt they'll bash out some old classics along the way.


Went last night - loved it. KG


Openning was Alex the Astronaut - also excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDB-P8yju6Q

KG


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBB, Farva, _fatprop, Google Adsense [Bot], guy smiley, JB1981, Jeff the Bear, koroke hangareka, Spyglass, UncleFB, usermame, Waka Nathan, WoodlandsRFC, Working Class Rugger and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group