Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:28 pm 

Brazil wrote:
Got tickets to see Oh Sees in September, which I'm somewhat excited about given their live reputation. Will miss out on HMHB this time round as we're on holiday, which is a pity.

Caught them last year, when they were touring material drawn from 'Orc' and 'A Weird Exits' with the 2 drummer line up - one of the best gigs I've ever experienced,up there with The Clash and Killing Joke back in the day. I'm sometimes a touch reticent about fully endorsing whichever act Mr Riley happens to be gushing over this week, but he was bang on with Dwyer's mob. Think they're back to 1 drummer on the latest line-up, presume yer going to the Kentish town gig? I'm hoping to catch them at Bristol, or even better, at EOTR - that's if I can crowbar my son away from his latest g/f...
This is a good example of their mellower sound; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW4kzKAFRpI

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:07 pm 

Got the ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn today and there was a lot of metal t-shirted folk on board. Arrived in Tallinn and there were posters everywhere for Nickelback playing tonight. Surely not, I thought...

Sure enough, Maiden are kicking off their latest world gour here tomorrow, so my faith in the Finns is restored. Was 30 tickets left, so I grabbed a couple. And they are on their 'hits' tour cycle, not the 'new shit' tour cycle, so should be decent.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:29 pm 

Ham Sandwich
Olympia

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:45 am 

Demilich wrote:
Got the ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn today and there was a lot of metal t-shirted folk on board. Arrived in Tallinn and there were posters everywhere for Nickelback playing tonight. Surely not, I thought...

Sure enough, Maiden are kicking off their latest world gour here tomorrow, so my faith in the Finns is restored. Was 30 tickets left, so I grabbed a couple. And they are on their 'hits' tour cycle, not the 'new shit' tour cycle, so should be decent.

You lucky Bugger!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 am 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Demilich wrote:

You lucky Bugger!

Was a very enjoyable show - not really one to get excited about the whole "let's find out what their set-list is for the tour" hype, but I must admit it was entertaining, particularly the crowd reaction when rarities came on.

Best by far was that they played "Flight of Icarus" live for the first time in over 30 years. Pretty much my favourite Bruce era Maiden song. Also kicked in "Where Eagles Dare" for the first time in a decade, which is a cool song.

The other rarer songs weren't so exciting - "Then Clansman" is pretty damn cool when sung live by Bruce, but "Sign of the Cross" and "For the Greater Good of God" are just too damn long and not that special. Could easily have been replaced by four better normal length tracks in the same amount of time (or "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"). I quite like "The Wickerman", so that one was OK - but again, could have resurrected a much cooler (and longer buried) song than that.

Dave Murray looks really fat. :lol: He isn't really huge, but looks like 90% of his weight is stored underneath his chin.

Janik Gers is still the single worst live musician in existence. He really detracts from their live show. He contributes fuck-all actual playing (he is surplus to requirements with Dave Murray and Adrian Smith there) and what he does play is usually absolute butchering of Smith's old solo's. He's not a terrible guitarist, but his style really doesn't suit the old material. And his stage presence is just cringe-worthy - actually painful to watch. He looks like an 8 year old kid who has watched a one-hour highlights video of the most extravagant 80s glam posturing guitar-work, then puts on an air-guitar show for his family afterwards. Just absolutely dire. He actually is one of the better song writers in the band post re-union, but he needs to be put out the back for live shows.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:41 am 

Wife booked to see ASH play a *tiny* club in Bedford in August. Capacity 250, that'll be f**king sweaty and noisy and amazing.

Hoping to get tickets for PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING at the Albert Hall in November when they go on sale next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:48 am 

Plastic Sarrie wrote:
Wife booked to see ASH play a *tiny* club in Bedford in August. Capacity 250, that'll be f**king sweaty and noisy and amazing.

Hoping to get tickets for PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING at the Albert Hall in November when they go on sale next week.

Very nice, haven´t seen Ash Live but have seen PSB a few times and they are brilliant live

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:56 am 

Plastic Sarrie wrote:

Esquires? I've been there a few times, it's not that small. Holy Moly's downstairs, now that is tiny.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 am 

sewa wrote:
Plastic Sarrie wrote:

Very nice, haven´t seen Ash Live but have seen PSB a few times and they are brilliant live

I've seen Ash loads of times, they never disappoint. I'm seeing them three times this year :lol:

Saw them at Teddy Rocks in May, they're playing Kentish Forum in October, and Esquires in August.

PSB I've seen supporting the Manics, and at the Electric Ballroom. They're so good :o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:35 pm 

Anyone seen Deep Purple live in recent years? Worth seeing?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:16 pm 

First Aid Kit this October and looking forward to it. Saw them a few years ago at the ABC and they were really good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:32 pm 

9497 wrote:
First Aid Kit this October and looking forward to it. Saw them a few years ago at the ABC and they were really good.

Me too.

Also going to see Young Fathers on Sat...should be braw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 pm 

Off to Best Kept Secret in NL:

Arctic Monkeys
LCD Sound System
The National
etc,....

Turns out due to work commitment cannot see LCD :((

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:38 pm 

Black stone cherry in Limerick Tuesday night. Looking forward to seeing them in a pretty small venue. Then off to Donington next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:44 pm 

Any Londoners going to the The Cure 40th Anniversary concert in July?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 am 

I saw The Gaslight Anthem playing a reunion show in DC last weekend. Absolutely phenomenal show.

Matt Mays opened for them and was pretty great also.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 am 

Leffe wrote:

Arctic Monkeys
LCD Sound System
The National
etc,....

Feck that, the work will still be there on the following week. I know an Irish lad called Dave who can back fill for you :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 am 

Stevus55 wrote:
I saw The Gaslight Anthem playing a reunion show in DC last weekend. Absolutely phenomenal show.

I put buying The Gaslight Anthem tickets on the long finger for their 59 Sound show here in Dublin, now sold out :((

Gave Brian Fallon a miss and all for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Stevus55 wrote:

I put buying The Gaslight Anthem tickets on the long finger for their 59 Sound show here in Dublin, now sold out :((

If you can lay your hands on any I would definitely go for it. Almost certainly the best show I've ever been to.

I saw Brian a few months back and he was good but the whole band together has the edge.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:37 pm 

sewa wrote:
Leffe wrote:

Arctic Monkeys
LCD Sound System
The National
etc,....

Feck that, the work will still be there on the following week. I know an Irish lad called Dave who can back fill for you :P

We're being " visited " sewa, if yoy get my drift.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:00 pm 

Location: The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead..Peasants..
Oxbow wrote:
Plastic Sarrie wrote:

Esquires? I've been there a few times, it's not that small. Holy Moly's downstairs, now that is tiny.

Jeez forgot about that place, used to supply them with my beer and used to be a regular there for the music, say hello to pete if he's still behind the bar..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:02 pm 

Location: The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead..Peasants..
As an aside, Strolling Bones in Cardiff tickets arrived today, backed by Elbow, (who I prefer)..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 pm 

Stevus55 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Stevus55 wrote:

If you can lay your hands on any I would definitely go for it. Almost certainly the best show I've ever been to.

I saw Brian a few months back and he was good but the whole band together has the edge.

I've been keeping my eye out, seatwave and viagogo predictably are complete rip offs.

Yeah I saw Brian in 2016, he was very good to be fair but I've never seen Gaslight live so will do my best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm 

got tickets for LCD Soundsystrm show tonight in Dublin months ago...and then booked family holiday to coincide with it...never seen them, gutted. ...anyone in Dublin want them ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:14 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
got tickets for LCD Soundsystrm show tonight in Dublin months ago...and then booked family holiday to coincide with it...never seen them, gutted. ...anyone in Dublin want them ?

Would love to but my free pass for the week is Nick Cave tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm 

Stones on Saturday at Murrayfield. Richard Ashcroft supporting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm 

Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:
Leffe wrote:

Arctic Monkeys
LCD Sound System
The National
etc,....

We're being " visited " sewa, if yoy get my drift.

I might be visiting myself at same time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:48 pm 

I saw Courtney Barnett followed by Patti Smith (amazing) followed by Nick Cave (also amazing, with bonus Kylie duet) at Victoria Park on Sunday 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:26 pm 

Spent an enjoyable evening in Amsterdam on Monday to see Body Count. Kicking off with Raining Blood and Postmortem got the crowd going nicely. Sweet gig. Ice T's 25/75 self-deprecation / tough guy from the hood shtick made it even better.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm 

Sonar festival here in Barcelona, LCD Soundsystem, Thom Yorke, Laurent Gaurnier, Diplo, Gorillaz, 2manydjs (three days in a row for six hours) oh and the magical Bonobo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
I saw Courtney Barnett followed by Patti Smith (amazing) followed by Nick Cave (also amazing, with bonus Kylie duet) at Victoria Park on Sunday 8)

Saw Nick Cave with Patti Smith last week. Courtney Barnett would have been a great addition but not to be unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:26 pm 

hermie wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Saw Nick Cave with Patti Smith last week. Courtney Barnett would have been a great addition but not to be unfortunately.

I like her, would be good live I reckon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:31 pm 

sewa wrote:
hermie wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

I like her, would be good live I reckon

Yep, saw her a couple of years ago and she was very good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24