Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:38 pm 

laakademia wrote:
I'm from Argentina and as logical i have search for an exclusive thread concerning "Los Pumas" with no positive result!!

How's this possible?

I would like to read your oppinion's about our team gameplay, etc!

You believe its possible to see Argentina reaching the final stage?

Go PUMAS Go!!!

fudge off newbie. We're full of argentinians around here and they're a bunch of daisies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm 

Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:
Any word on Hernadez injury? Just precautionary?

Really hoping to see game time for Moroni.

Strain, grade one (10 days without rugby). :((
Probably he could return against Namibia, but I speculate that they will preserved for the QF. :nod:

No point risking him. De la Fuenta and Moroni will make an excellent combination with Bosch on bench.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 pm 

Carfer wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

Have you read the rest of my posts? I said I like watching the Pumas and support them in most games (apart from vs NZ and England). I can't support their football team though (due to incidents above). I know there will be exceptions, but the general British public opinion of Argentinian sports teams is probably negative. Sorry to have annoyed you.

Ah, didn't read the first post. As you were.

Although not sure there is a general dislike of Argentinian sports teams. It's more a football centric thing imo.

I bet that "Las Leonas" (Argentine girls playing field hockey) will not be so unpleasant.
In fact, all women's hockey teams that I have witnessed (even the Dutch, who developed the bad habit to beat us often) I have found quite pleasant. :o

Excellent adherence to rule one. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 pm 

frillage wrote:

De la Fuente is more likely as a replacement for Hernandez.
Moroni is the natural replacement for Bosch.
I would also like to see the duo De La Fuente - Moroni.
Perhaps against Namibia we can see them (Hourcade said a while ago that every game was going to put all the best that was available)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:14 pm 

Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:

Perhaps against Namibia we can see them (Hourcade said a while ago that every game was going to put all the best that was available)

Bosch can play 12 or 13 so could partner either.

de la Fuente has the physicality to balance Moroni's beautiful running lines and footballing skills. Really have high hopes and think they could be Argentina's Nonu and Smith in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:24 pm 

frillage wrote:
Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:

de la Fuente has the physicality to balance Moroni's beautiful running lines and footballing skills. Really have high hopes and think they could be Argentina's Nonu and Smith in the future.

Curious game against Georgia. We started playing with two fly-halves (Sanchez and Hernandez) and ended with Bosch playing in that position. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:33 pm 

Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:
Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:

Curious game against Georgia. We started playing with two fly-halves (Sanchez and Hernandez) and ended with Bosch playing in that position. :shock:

Was difficult for me to see with all the bouncing in the stand, did Amourosino not stand in at fly half as well briefly till Tuculet moved forward to centre to try and get on the scoresheet as his wingers had two each?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 pm 

Odval wrote:
AlanBengio wrote:
Oh ma hai rotto i cojones con 'ste caxxo di risposte!
Sei uno dei responsabili della distruzione del vecchio forum e dell'appiattimento generale dello spirito PR - hai fatto stufare quasi tutti gli italiani con le tue minchiate - mo' vuoi fare la stessa cosa con gli argentini?

Ma lascialo crepare in silenzio, le sue minchiate non interessano che lui e un paio di cretini. Jessie crede di essere l'unico sogetto da discutere qui, non darlo il piacere di rispondere.

Exactamente, ignoralo y pronto 8)

Coming back to the thread, the best thing is that we are looking at the product of a very long development process. The PladAR system is a success, and I applaud the decision of UAR and IRB of setting it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 am 

frillage wrote:
Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:
Carfer wrote:
frillage wrote:

Was difficult for me to see with all the bouncing in the stand, did Amourosino not stand in at fly half as well briefly till Tuculet moved forward to centre to try and get on the scoresheet as his wingers had two each?

15 Full-back - González Amorosino
14 Right - Cordero
13 Outside - Tuculet
12 Inside - De La Fuente
11 Left - Imhoff
10 Fly-half - Bosch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:56 am 

Thanks, must have been off phase play not set piece I saw LGA at 10. As say, my view was obscured by a lot of bouncing, by me and everyone around me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:22 am 

frillage wrote:
Thanks, must have been off phase play not set piece I saw LGA at 10. As say, my view was obscured by a lot of bouncing, by me and everyone around me.

:lol: :thumbup:

Bosch statements several years ago:
I was always fly half and is the place that allowed me to start playing national teams, but the truth is that now I feel great center. In the opening game Biarritz fullback or only when there are any injured and the coach asks me what, and Los Pumas I feel very comfortable playing alongside Santi Fernández. I think we complement each other very well both in defense and attack.

Bosch - Belgrano Athletic Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:39 pm 

The team that trained today, potential starters for Sunday:

Marcos Ayerza, Agustín Creevy, Ramiro Herrera
Guido Petti, Tomás Lavanini
Pablo Matera, Juan Fernández Lobbe. Facundo Isa ( 8 )
Martín Landajo, Nicolás Sánchez
Juan Imhoff, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Matías Moroni, Santiago Cordero
Joaquín Tuculet.

Herrera in for Tetaz Chaparro who has some sort of minor niggle.

Petti is back. He stated on the press that he doesn't remember his try against NZ: "I remember picking up the ball at the ruck, then leaving the pitch"...)

No injuries at the back row, the coach is shuffling names to try and find the best combination. It's the first time in a very long while that we have so many options in there... a poster in an Argentine news site said "...so that's how it feels to support the ABs..." :lol:

Landajo... :?

De La Fuente in for Hernandez who is a confirmed injury casualty for this match and is likely to be rested against Namibia too. Apparently the coach likes the way Moroni works with De La Fuente...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm 

Puma wrote:

Joaquín Tuculet.

Petti is back. He stated on the press that he doesn't remember his try against NZ: "I remember picking up the ball at the ruck, then leaving the pitch"...)

No injuries at the back row, the coach is shuffling names to try and find the best combination. It's the first time in a very long while that we have so many options in there... a poster in an Argentine news site said "...so that's how it feels to support the ABs..." :lol:

De La Fuente in for Hernandez who is a confirmed injury casualty for this match and is likely to be rested against Namibia too. Apparently the coach likes the way Moroni works with De La Fuente...

Should have good chemistry from sevens and as I mentioned a good balance to them. Landajo need some to start, Cubelli is becoming more important Every game so needs managed well.

it is a very good problem to have in the back row. Perhaps just play JMFL at 10!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:09 pm 

frillage wrote:

it is a very good problem to have in the back row. Perhaps just play JMFL at 10!

Hopefully not at 9...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 pm 

I just don't like the idea of going into Tonga's match overconfident, rolling in the changes to manage people... we need to put our best available team, win and then rest against Namibia if possible.

Tonga can be a banana skin, and if they beat us it's nearly out since they got the losing BP against Georgia...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:32 pm 

Puma wrote:
I just don't like the idea of going into Tonga's match overconfident, rolling in the changes to manage people... we need to put our best available team, win and then rest against Namibia if possible.

Tonga can be a banana skin, and if they beat us it's nearly out since they got the losing BP against Georgia...

Don't worry about being weakened, the prop change is enforced and that centre partnership, while inexperienced, I have no doubt will be immense. If Moroni doesn't score twice he will have set up a couple for the wings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:05 pm 

Puma wrote:

Joaquín Tuculet.

I see you're copy/pasting in different threads the same wording, is that the age?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:24 pm 

frillage wrote:
Puma wrote:

Don't worry about being weakened, the prop change is enforced and that centre partnership, while inexperienced, I have no doubt will be immense. If Moroni doesn't score twice he will have set up a couple for the wings.

Got the same feeling over here, but looking at the side it looks quite good. I'm expecting to see nice lines outside with a solid pack to backup all mistakes.

Landajo though... we can only hope that Cubelli's getting a deserved resting time...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:14 pm 

Argentina should win their quarter final vs ireland or France. They have nothing to fear.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:41 am 

frillage wrote:

Me too, Go Tute!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:41 pm 

Bienvenidos a todos los nuevos!

Suggestion:
This could be transformed into an all things Argentinian Rugby thread to really traction, not just the Pumas, because during November-May the thread would sunk into the dark depths of PR forum. Super Rubgy franchise, Argentine players and coaches abroad, Jaguares, Pumitas, Pampas XV, Pumas Sevens, Campeonato Argentino, Nacional de Clubes, Torneo de la URBA, Torneo del Interior, etc.

Tomorrow is a massive match, I hope the team goes all-out, full-throttle from minute 1, but also play smart rubgy. If Georgia proved something is that Tonga has a very difficult time when they're behind in the score. Not sure if that many changes from the Georgia match is a smart move... maybe Namibia was the match to try that.

Now, fvck off newbie!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:03 am 

PumaBoot wrote:

Suggestion:
This could be transformed into an all things Argentinian Rugby thread to really traction, not just the Pumas, because during November-May the thread would sunk into the dark depths of PR forum. Super Rubgy franchise, Argentine players and coaches abroad, Jaguares, Pumitas, Pampas XV, Pumas Sevens, Campeonato Argentino, Nacional de Clubes, Torneo de la URBA, Torneo del Interior, etc.

Tomorrow is a massive match, I hope the team goes all-out, full-throttle from minute 1, but also play smart rubgy. If Georgia proved something is that Tonga has a very difficult time when they're behind in the score. Not sure if that many changes from the Georgia match is a smart move... maybe Namibia was the match to try that.

Now, fvck off newbie!

El post de rugby irlandés tiene casi 5000 páginas... no creo que lleguemos a tanto, pero es muy probable que cuando la franquicia de Super rugby empiece a jugar haya un poco más de interés. Alguna vez yo posteaba acá los resultados del Argentino con enlaces, y alguno se enganchaba...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:42 am 

PumaBoot wrote:

Suggestion:

Now, fvck off newbie!

Podriamos hacerlo perfectamente, habra que seguirlo nomas una vez que termine el mundial.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 am 

jag_2307 wrote:
Landajo though... we can only hope that Cubelli's getting a deserved resting time...

I don't get this. I thought he played well, I like his aggressive running game. And he's generally been good in TRC. Is the consensus in Argentina that Cubelli is better?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am 

Buenos Dias amigos.

You guys seem to have clicked nicely.
Just wondering who you'd prefer to meet in the quarter finals at this point in time?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 pm 

Anyone watched the Buenos Aires semifinals?

Hard to think CUBA could beat Hindú after both displays during this weekend...

CUBA has a stern defense, but the number of offensive threats Hidú has is astonishing.

The reserve SH in the Pumas extended squad is the reserve SH in Hindú... :shock:

And how dumb can the BAC players be? Didn't they know the match was on TV and had a working TMO? BAC's 5 could've been sent off directly when he was yellowed and clearly deserved the red when he got it, and yet he kept going on about it...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:42 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Buenos Dias amigos.

Just wondering who you'd prefer to meet in the quarter finals at this point in time?

When some of the players were asked the same by Argentine media, most of them said France. A better known rival...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:59 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Buenos Dias amigos.

I think that the Pumas know France more, and usually get good results against them. Playing against Ireland without Felipe Contepomi and Ronan O'Gara "warming up" the game will not be the same.
However, our opponents are going to decide the game Ireland vs France, and I believe that France has less apprehension in face ABs, and may not play the whole for the whole to prevent it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:53 pm 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Carfer wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

Have you read the rest of my posts? I said I like watching the Pumas and support them in most games (apart from vs NZ and England). I can't support their football team though (due to incidents above). I know there will be exceptions, but the general British public opinion of Argentinian sports teams is probably negative. Sorry to have annoyed you.

Although not sure there is a general dislike of Argentinian sports teams. It's more a football centric thing imo.

I bet that "Las Leonas" (Argentine girls playing field hockey) will not be so unpleasant.
In fact, all women's hockey teams that I have witnessed (even the Dutch, who developed the bad habit to beat us often) I have found quite pleasant. :o

That's a team I could get behind :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:16 pm 

Rogadishu wrote:
jag_2307 wrote:

I don't get this. I thought he played well, I like his aggressive running game. And he's generally been good in TRC. Is the consensus in Argentina that Cubelli is better?

I really do not like Landajo a lot because he runs too much, and instead of distributing the ball, he ends up caught in a ruck. I preferred Vergallo to him, but he dissappeared from the National selection.

Cubelli is much better managing the game, and that is the main attribute of the scrum half.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:53 pm 

sturginho wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Carfer wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

In the Argentine private schools is a tradition that boys play rugby and girls play hockey. Therefore, it is difficult to find a former rugby player who does not have an "old story" with a cute hockey player. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:57 pm 

Puma wrote:

CUBA has a stern defense, but the number of offensive threats Hidú has is astonishing.

The reserve SH in the Pumas extended squad is the reserve SH in Hindú... :shock:

And how dumb can the BAC players be? Didn't they know the match was on TV and had a working TMO? BAC's 5 could've been sent off directly when he was yellowed and clearly deserved the red when he got it, and yet he kept going on about it...

And I blame the ref for that, not only for his clownesque socks and shorts but also for letting the 30 players protest every taken decision.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:11 pm 

sturginho wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Carfer wrote:

Reeeeeeeeeeeally close, I bet... :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm 

julian wrote:
Puma wrote:

And I blame the ref for that, not only for his clownesque socks and shorts but also for letting the 30 players protest every taken decision.

He could've been more harsh right from the start to shut people up, true... I don't think he's amongst the best refs, but he was probably the best available one. Lots of the top refs packed their bags and left for the UK to watch the RWC...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm 

Puma wrote:
julian wrote:
Puma wrote:

He could've been more harsh right from the start to shut people up, true... I don't think he's amongst the best refs, but he was probably the best available one. Lots of the top refs packed their bags and left for the UK to watch the RWC...

Do you use baby pink socks/shorts as well?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm 

Puma wrote:
julian wrote:
Puma wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:33 pm 

julian wrote:
Puma wrote:
julian wrote:
Puma wrote:

I'm not currently reffing. Too much travel back and forth from Puerto Belgrano... I use the weekends to be with the kids.

I also don't post things twice... :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:54 pm 

Puma wrote:
julian wrote:
Puma wrote:
julian wrote:
Puma wrote:

I'm not currently reffing. Too much travel back and forth from Puerto Belgrano... I use the weekends to be with the kids.

I also don't post things twice... :P

That's good for you, you have to keep the kids of both families happy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:03 am 

New attacking Pumas identity the legacy of Sir Graham Henry
http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/13847161/sir-graham-henry-daniel-hourcade-architects-new-pumas-identity-rugby-world-cup

Patricio Connolly

BURTON UPON TRENT -- The Pumas have always been recognised for their dedication, their defence and their tackling. But recently, and especially now in Rugby World Cup 2015, they have been playing the game with a different style.

More than ever in their World Cup appearances, they are a team with an ambitious attacking game. The dawn of this new era came with New Zealand's Graham Henry, when he worked with Santiago Phelan's staff in 2012 and 2013, and it has deepened since Daniel Hourcade took over two years ago. They are the architects of this new identity.

On entering the Rugby Championship, the Argentine team had to catch up with the best. And the Argentine Rugby Union (UAR) decision to hire Henry, who had become world champion with the All Blacks a few months before, was quite successful. With his wisdom and simplicity, he started leading the way.

"He told us what was coming," said Raul Perez, Hourcade's assistant coach. "That plays are sparked by individuals, and that we had to work harder on their skills. He said that England wanted to play like New Zealand, but didn't have what it takes, individually. He left a mark."

Hourcade also values Henry's contribution: "He helped us realise that our problem was simple and easy. It should have been something basic. If the ball isn't passed correctly, there is no system that can work. When the individual action is not good, nothing can work. It's not a magical solution. We couldn't perform before because the skills weren't properly trained."

Another piece of Henry's advice was to work on the breakdown, making it a priority so as to be able to carry out the game plan. "After the first match in La Plata against the All Blacks, he said: 'You had all the lineouts and the scrums, and what did you do?'," Perez said. "Then we understood that when attacking and defending, the ball on the ground is really important."

Hourcade added: "We couldn't ruck in less than three seconds, make passes on the face of the defence. What we did with Graham was lowering the level of information to the players. Keeping four or five weapons and becoming as efficient as possible. Since then, we have been working on doing the smallest things right."

There were two years - 2012 and 2013 - when progress was made, and the basis for everything that came afterwards was established. Hourcade, who took office in November 2013, played a key role in that process. "Hourcade's great emphasis on instilling the team with the need of having the ball and attacking was very important, as it always brings a chance of inflicting uncertainty to the opposing defense," Perez said.

Marcos Ayerza, one of the players who had to adapt to the changes, said: "The idea of having simple structures, but with a more aggressive attacking mindset, began with Henry. And Hourcade continued and deepened that style. This is imperative in the level of rugby we play. You cannot have a conservative defensive game because you have to go for the result against the best teams. These years in the Rugby Championship have helped us make the transition into this version."

Different was the case of Facundo Isa and all the young players who developed through the UAR's High Performance Plan. "I've always had the new system in my head because I trained with it. It's easy for us because we have been working on it for a long time," said the player born in Santiago del Estero.

Hourcade imposed his style, and the group bought into it. "I follow it because I believe in it. I'm convinced. I believe in this system and I always did," Isa said.

Today the Pumas are living a different World Cup, in which they are considered one of the teams with more resolve to attack and play. That is definitely their signature.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:45 am 

Gutted, Gaston Revol has broken his jaw in two places in the game against England. Any word on who will be called up in his place?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next