Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 163  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 am 

TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Can anyone here quote an anti-Semitic statement from Jeremy Corbyn?

No answers to this? I'd be genuinely interested to know if he's said a single thing that's actually anti-Jew vs. anti-Israel.

His liking of the racist mural not enough for,you ?

Haven't seen it. Praytell.

Google. It will take less than 1 minute.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:42 am 

bimboman wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
The RW of England are in a lot of trouble if all they can come up with is memes of Corbyn with Hitler and Stalin and Trotsky and a mural on an East London wall which no longer exists.

Yeah, while you don't think the mural was racist you have no credibility on this thread or just about any other.

Sugar is hardly right wing. He's a Labour peer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:45 am 

message #2527204 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
The RW of England are in a lot of trouble if all they can come up with is memes of Corbyn with Hitler and Stalin and Trotsky and a mural on an East London wall which no longer exists.

Yeah, while you don't think the mural was racist you have no credibility on this thread or just about any other.

Sugar is hardly right wing. He's a Labour peer

You're working with an outdated definition of right wing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:48 am 

bimboman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Thai guy wrote:

No answers to this? I'd be genuinely interested to know if he's said a single thing that's actually anti-Jew vs. anti-Israel.

Well you have plenty of news sources over the last week to find it on. It seems strange that you'll intercede on this thread but be that much out of touch.

OK, took a look at that. Seems he made a comment about removal of political murals five years ago then backtracked like an Italian tank squadron once he's actually had a look at it. Meanwhile, and BTW I'm not particularly a Corbyn fan, can anyone here quote an anti-Semitic statement from Jeremy Corbyn?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am 

Santa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Thai guy wrote:

Google. It will take less than 1 minute.

There's a theme here. Can you answer Thai Guy's question? Can you actually nail Corbyn for anti-semitism by quoting him? I asked a simple question and am not getting an answer???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:53 am 

There's a theme here. Can you answer Thai Guy's question? Can you actually nail Corbyn for anti-semitism by quoting him? I asked a simple question and am not getting an answer???

I don't care.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:59 am 

Santa wrote:

I don't care.

:thumbup: Thanks for playing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 am 

Quote:
OK, took a look at that. Seems he made a comment about removal of political murals five years ago then backtracked like an Italian tank squadron once he's actually had a look at it. Meanwhile, and BTW I'm not particularly a Corbyn fan, can anyone here quote an anti-Semitic statement from Jeremy Corbyn?

Yes his support for that mural was anti semetic. There you go.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 am 

Where were youse when Nick Timothy went full on the George Soros Puppet Master strain of antisemitism?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:07 am 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Nope. In the article I read his support for the mural was a comment about removal of political murals five years ago then backtracked like an Italian tank squadron once he's actually had a look at it. Meanwhile, and BTW I'm not particularly a Corbyn fan, can anyone here quote an anti-Semitic statement from Jeremy Corbyn?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:08 am 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Nope. In the article I read his support for the mural was a comment about removal of political murals five years ago then backtracked like an Italian tank squadron once he's actually had a look at it. Meanwhile, and BTW I'm not particularly a Corbyn fan, can anyone here quote an anti-Semitic statement from Jeremy Corbyn?

Read some more articles then.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:11 am 

bimboman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Read some more articles then.

So can anyone here quote an anti-Semitic statement from Jeremy Corbyn?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:14 am 

The support for that mural being allowed to stay up on a public wall was enough of a statement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 am 

bimboman wrote:
The support for that mural being allowed to stay up on a public wall was enough of a statement.

Personally I think Corbyn's an idiot but is this it? Honestly? The English right-wing press getting a free pass on accusing the leader of the opposition of racism while May totally fcuks up and no-one can actually provide any quotes?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:23 am 

bimboman wrote:

Personally I think Corbyn's an idiot but is this it? Honestly? The English right-wing press getting a free pass on accusing the leader of the opposition of racism while May totally fcuks up and no-one can actually provide any quotes?

English right wing press ?

The demonstration last week was from members of the Labour Party. His own MP's demanding the party gets rid of its antimsemites.

You're ganna cling to your belief and "Italian tank" quite so there's no sense in actually arguing with you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 am 

bimboman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

English right wing press ?

The demonstration last week was from members of the Labour Party. His own MPs demanding the party gets rid of its antimsemites.

You're ganna cling to your belief and "Italian tank" quite so there's no sense in actually arguing with you.

So no then, you're not able to actually quote Corbyn saying anything anti-jewish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:40 am 

Boring anti Semitic defending .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:45 am 

bimboman wrote:

Can you point to anywhere where I've defended any form of racism?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 am 

So the executive summary is: But the mural!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder the UK is such a fecking mess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:00 pm 

MungoMan wrote:

Optics mate, optics.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:05 pm 

bimboman wrote:

The mural deserved condemnation not support.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:06 pm 

MungoMan wrote:

Well that and the last two year of anti semetism growth in the party. Including the recent incidents of the head of labour nec supporting a holocaust denier...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:09 pm 

bimboman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:19 pm 

“I’m the one article I read “

Ffs, the demo last week had a point. Jewish labour mps are being targeted by other members, the party has a problem .

Corbyn has been caught in lies over this and
Of course member of 5 face book groups full of anti Semite commentary...

You rely on the ONE article and make sure your opinion is validated and all those other 12’s of articles and the protests from within the party and Jewish group are ignored.

Nothing to see here was last years defence by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:30 pm 

Corbyn is not being accused individually of anti-semitism. He is being accused of demonstrating excessive tolerance of anti-semitism. Any leader that embraces the frothing extremes of the political spectrum and beds them in as their core will inevitably have to accept some guilt by association for their constituents' views. Trump is in the same boat. Except Trump is repulsive and Corbyn is merely "meh".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 am 

In see he was criticised for attending a meeting set up by the wrong sort of Jews over the weekend :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:21 am 

c69 wrote:
In see he was criticised for attending a meeting set up by the wrong sort of Jews over the weekend :lol:

Now I entirely accept that at this point Corbyn is a walking target and with some parts of the country can't do right for doing wrong, and so there's an element of a storm in a teacup.

That said, would it really have taken so much brain power to have thought "As the leader of the opposition, and since I'm under fire for perceived anti-Semitism, I'll pop up to Golders Green and go to a nice, middle of the road synagogue and make nice for Passover."? Instead he decides to go to a hard left fringe group (called Jewdas) of people who'll stand around agreeing with him and throw fuel on the already raging fire.

This is what puts me off JC the most, the doubling down when accusations are made. He couldn't possibly do the obvious thing to calm the situation down and make himself look like a politician, he has to go out of his way to antagonise and already riled public against him. Papers like the Mail don't even have to work to make him look bad, he does it all himself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:24 am 

crash 669 wrote:
c69 wrote:

Now I entirely accept that at this point Corbyn is a walking target and with some parts of the country can't do right for doing wrong, and so there's an element of a storm in a teacup.

That said, would it really have taken so much brain power to have thought "As the leader of the opposition, and since I'm under fire for perceived anti-Semitism, I'll pop up to Golders Green and go to a nice, middle of the road synagogue and make nice for Passover."? Instead he decides to go to a hard left fringe group (called Jewdas) of people who'll stand around agreeing with him and throw fuel on the already raging fire.

This is what puts me off JC the most, the doubling down when accusations are made. He couldn't possibly do the obvious thing to calm the situation down and make himself look like a politician, he has to go out of his way to antagonise and already riled public against him. Papers like the Mail don't even have to work to make him look bad, he does it all himself.

Absolutely even Momentum have criticised the move.
He is useless it was dumb and inflammatory

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:27 am 

c69 wrote:
crash 669 wrote:
c69 wrote:

Bet it's Milne stirring this shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:39 am 

unseenwork wrote:
c69 wrote:
crash 669 wrote:
c69 wrote:

Genuinly not sure why now though, Milne is many things but stupid isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:45 am 

bimboman wrote:

Ffs, the demo last week had a point. Jewish labour mps are being targeted by other members, the party has a problem .

You rely on the ONE article and make sure your opinion is validated and all those other 12’s of articles and the protests from within the party and Jewish group are ignored.

OK, so he read ONE article, now why don't you do as he asked and post ONE anti-semitic statement Corbyn has made? He has only asked for ONE.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:52 am 

bimboman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

It was a direct comment on the facebook post by the murals artist, where the artist was stating it was going to be removed. The facebook post had a picture of the mural in it, so it'd be quite impressive if he'd failed to see it.

Last edited by Raggs on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:54 am 

bimboman wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
c69 wrote:
crash 669 wrote:
c69 wrote:

Genuinly not sure why now though, Milne is many things but stupid isn't one of them.

I don't know Bimbo, he can't even spell Seamus correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:06 pm 

slick wrote:
bimboman wrote:

OK, so he read ONE article, now why don't you do as he asked and post ONE anti-semitic statement Corbyn has made? He has only asked for ONE.

And I've given the clear example of the mural comments.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 pm 

Can you only be anti-Semitic if you say anti-semitic things?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:39 pm 

I do like the he hadn’t seen the mural line being used. It fits nicely with the other apologist line that he didn’t join those two facebooks groups but was added, until it was discovered that he had gone and joined another three. Such a shame he had to go delete his Facebook page.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 pm 

Santa wrote:
Can you only be anti-Semitic if you say anti-semitic things?

You're like the Higgs Boson of PR, such is your gravitas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:01 pm 

bimboman wrote:
slick wrote:
bimboman wrote:

And I've given the clear example of the mural comments.

OK, we'll just go with "no you can't" and move swiftly on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:11 pm 

I think the idea you can only be anti-Semitic if you are personally uttering anti-Semitic speech is ridiculous.

Taken in the round, Labour is looking increasingly toxic on this subject.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/l ... -evidence/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:20 pm 

Can we all agree what anti semimetism is for starters: I class it as:

Being anti-Jewish just because they’re Jewish
... and not ...
Saying anything negative about Israel and/or saying anything positive about Palestine.

If we can all agree on the definition then we can make some headway into diagnosing people as antisemetic or otherwise

Thanks

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 163  Next