Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1763, 1764, 1765, 1766, 1767, 1768, 1769 ... 1867  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 243 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 161 ]
Total votes : 404
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 am 

Quote:
However, all this may prove academic, some notable people are genuinely starting to question whether the EU and Euro area has a future at all.

Ah yes. Of course.

Well, the no deal option is there for the taking. Grab it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Gospel wrote:
The Man Without Fear wrote:
Rees-Mogg and Johnson speak to our love of the viper in upper class twit's clothing, Gove to our mistrust of educated people and Davis to our desire to turn up at work half cut.

:lol:

I heard someone the other day describe Hannan as an uneducated person's idea of an intellectual.

That's how I see Rees Mogg and Boris. They have cultivated the "incredibly intelligent" persona seemingly based on accent, eccentricity and verbosity.

Although in fairness to Rees-Mogg he treats people with respect and explains himself when questioned. Boris treats the electorate with utter contempt.

I'm not much of a fan at all, but Boris is said to actually be exceptionally intelligent. I read one of his old lecturers at Oxford University said he was one of the most gifted students he had ever taught. He also taught Cameron who he described to the effect as being run of the mill, or nothing special.

Incidentally, I'm not sure Boris has managed to cultivate an incredibly intelligent persona, he often comes across quite bumbling and hapless, but I think that has lent him a degree of authenticity with the people.

SamShark wrote:
Quote:
Liam Fox tells Laura Kuenssberg rebels have not changed Brexit stance
Brexiteer cabinet minister Liam Fox has dismissed a concession to Brexit rebels in a knife-edge Commons vote as a "procedural" change that did not significantly change anything.

In an interview with BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg, he said the government had "to be able to hold out in our negotiations the prospect of no deal" otherwise the EU would get the upper hand.

"The government cannot be forced by Parliament to negotiate something that the government does not want to do," said the international trade secretary.

That appears to be the broad consensus, no deal is still on the table (as a negotiating tool). However, there are reportedly Customs & Trade Bills in the coming weeks through which the rebels can still tie us in to the EU.

However, all this may prove academic, some notable people are genuinely starting to question whether the EU and Euro area has a future at all.

I posted on here ages ago (to much derision :P ) that a fella I know was at school with Boris and said he’s a genius, and that this is all an act. Mateys wife was friends with the American ambassador and dined with dubya a few times, another intelligent guy giving it the ‘good old boy’ act.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:00 am 

La soule wrote:
Quote:

Ah yes. Of course.

Well, the no deal option is there for the taking. Grab it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am 

ChipSpike wrote:
"Even the most ardent leavetard can not argue against the stupidity of Brexit "

Down with this sort of thing.

Why? It’s a fact.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:22 am 

Jake wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

Why? It’s a fact.

Like the EU saving us from the winter of discontent?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 am 

Jake wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

Why? It’s a fact.

It's not. I can argue that that Brexit is the right decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am 

Jake wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

Why? It’s a fact.

It's not. I can argue that that Brexit is the right decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:56 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
He doesn't come out of it looking too great.

One of his colleagues resigned from the Government in order to vote for the amendment, followed through twice, and Grieve has "compromised" twice, and afterwards both times been told "actually there are no concessions, so screw you".

Maybe he just gets off on procedure and amendments and shit.

Phillip lee abstained the first time. The wets are exactly that wet.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:57 am 

Last edited by shereblue on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm 

I just got asked to interview for my first Brexit preparation job in Belgium. Seems the companies are starting to modify their IT systems to be ready for the crash out date

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:07 pm 

sewa wrote:
I just got asked to interview for my first Brexit preparation job in Belgium. Seems the companies are starting to modify their IT systems to be ready for the crash out date

in what way are they modifying them?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
sewa wrote:

I declined the interview so I don´t have the details. I imagine however that they are preparing for additional documentation to be prepared for deliveries in their ERP platforms

Edit, also taxes and tariffs will need to be calculated

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
sewa wrote:

Automatic rejections of British applications innit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:55 pm 

They are also deleting all their memes.

We don't have to 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:51 pm 

sewa wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
sewa wrote:

I declined the interview so I don´t have the details. I imagine however that they are preparing for additional documentation to be prepared for deliveries in their ERP platforms

Taxes have to calculated currently, the tarif will be new on UK trade only.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:53 pm 

bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
sewa wrote:

Do you have an actual point?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:55 pm 

sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
sewa wrote:

Do you have an actual point?

Well yes, your point as always was f ucking wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:56 pm 

It is possible for most people to have a discussion without resorting to pointless profanities, you seem somewhat incapable of it however

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 pm 

sewa wrote:
It is possible for most people to have a discussion without resorting to pointless profanities, you seem somewhat incapable of it however

Normal emphasis doesn’t work with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:25 pm 

BH Cammy wrote:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/977524/Brexit-news-Juncker-Irish-senate-speech-latest-video-drunk-UK-EU-Withdrawal
Quote:
The top Eurocrat started off his speech joking he was struggling to work because of back problems.

Addressing members of both houses, Mr Juncker said: "Mr Speaker, Taoiseach and other members, I have some difficulties to work.

"I’m not drunk, I have sciatica. I’d prefer to be drunk."

Juncker tries to endear himself to the Irish political elite. It gives a nice insight how Irish MEPs must be viewed in Brussels. The EU are now on a charm offensive as they Irish government serve as useful idiots in the efforts it disrupt Brexit.

Either way the EU will come for their corporation tax no matter how much the Irish government think playing lapdog will work in their favor.

Dozyer girlfriend have a sideways growler ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:07 pm 

SamShark wrote:
They are also deleting all their memes.

We don't have to 8)

That's my red line in negotiations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:18 pm 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Quote:
They're both bright if compared to Angela Rayner or Diane Abbot. , what do you reckon ?

Well, as someone said the other day, as a black woman from a bog standard background it seems more impressive to get an Oxbridge 2.1 than it is for Eton educated toff, Boris.

I'm no fan of Abbot just to be clear, and her media skills are pretty terrible. As are Boris's, who can't or won't get up to speed on anything complex, and relies on playing silly games.

Just to add, again not in any particular defence of Angela Rayner or Diane Abbot who I don't particularly give a shit about, Rayner and Abbot aren't regularly referred to as "incredibly intelligent" as a way to bat off criticism of their fudge ups

Still no wiser regarding a comparison. How about Jezza himself then ?

If you are incapable of acknowledging when you're ever wrong, I don't really see how you can expect to acquire wisdom.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 am 

2 stories and the picture aren't linked.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 am 

The two things that leap out at me are-

I’d love to be a fruit picker just don’t think the money is high enough for my outgoings.

It seems to say Airbus *could* pull out in the event of a hard brexit? As talks ramp up I would imagine everything will become weaponised. Tbf it will be hard for them when all of our planes are grounded /cammy.

Actually- where is cammy with this news? Holiday? Dead? I’d have thought he’d be pulling himself inside out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 am 

paddyor wrote:

2 stories and the picture aren't linked.

Well, the two stories might be construed as negative (although not to DD) but the photo shows a prosperous vista.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am 

It seems really obvious/inevitable that a no deal Brexit would be a disaster for businesses.

This is why I find it so odd that the likes of Liam Fox glorify it as some sort of bargaining tool.

Of course no deal affects/disadvantages everyone, but primarily us.

It seems so utterly stupid you can only assume that there's an element of truth to the idea that some Brexiters know full well it would be a complete disaster, but welcome it and see it as a way to fundamentally re-shape society, slash regulation, tax etc.

It's certainly one way of picking up the pieces, but all those "real people" who voted leave may not have been expecting it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:11 am 

SamShark wrote:
It seems really obvious/inevitable that a no deal Brexit would be a disaster for businesses.

This is why I find it so odd that the likes of Liam Fox glorify it as some sort of bargaining tool.

It seems so utterly stupid you can only assume that there's an element of truth to the idea that some Brexiters know full well it would be a complete disaster, but welcome it and see it as a way to fundamentally re-shape society, slash regulation, tax etc.

It's certainly one way of picking up the pieces, but all those "real people" who voted leave may not have been expecting it.

In a negotiation you need that option, and stupid enough people to carry it out. It would fück everybody so it's not the worst chip on the table.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:13 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:

I’d love to be a fruit picker just don’t think the money is high enough for my outgoings.

It seems to say Airbus *could* pull out in the event of a hard brexit? As talks ramp up I would imagine everything will become weaponised. Tbf it will be hard for them when all of our planes are grounded /cammy.

Actually- where is cammy with this news? Holiday? Dead? I’d have thought he’d be pulling himself inside out.

Pretty much. If they were going to pull out they'd just do it, instead they're trying to influence negotiations. There will be much more of this b/s in the coming months.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 am 

SamShark wrote:

Aerospace and manufacturing will be gutted in the UK by the rees-mogg dream. Might be a drawn out demise but lack of investment, productivity drops then move out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 am 

As the "will of the people" appears to be the only argument left for Brexit, you have to ask whether anyone voted to be "f**ked".

The incredibly depressing thing about all of this is we've been watching/bickering over the goings on in the Commons, despite knowing that these are still all somewhat irrelevant as it's simply "negotiating" with ourselves.

Time is ticking and WE.....us, the UK, are backing ourselves into a corner leaving only time for a bad deal or no deal.

This is not what people voted for and no matter how many times Brexit supporting ministers say it, it's not true. Blame remainers, blame the left, blame the EU, blame May, but that will never make it true that people voted to crash out with nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:20 am 

SamShark wrote:
As the "will of the people" appears to be the only argument left for Brexit, you have to ask whether anyone voted to be "f**ked".

The incredibly depressing thing about all of this is we've been watching/bickering over the goings on in the Commons, despite knowing that these are still all somewhat irrelevant as it's simply "negotiating" with ourselves.

Time is ticking and WE.....us, the UK, are backing ourselves into a corner leaving only time for a bad deal or no deal.

This is not what people voted for and no matter how many times Brexit supporting ministers say it, it's not true. Blame remainers, blame the left, blame the EU, blame May, but that will never make it true that people voted to crash out with nothing.

It's not what remainers voted for, but they lost the vote. No-deal is more popular than transition amongst leavers. However, it won't be no-deal, because the EU (if it's still around) cannot afford it on any level.

Last edited by Rugby2023 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:21 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Pretty much. If they were going to pull out they'd just do it, instead they're trying to influence negotiations. There will be much more of this b/s in the coming months.

Nobody doubts this - of course they are trying to influence. Why is it b/s to fear either no deal at all or a "deal" which throws up loads of admin and barriers to trade/supply?

This sort of thing has to be refuted or calmed with somthing better than "shut it, project fear"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:23 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Isn't Galileo another Airbus project?

The problem the UK has is that when it makes threats in return people piss their pants, they should be able to say fine- No access to GCHQ info for '3rd countries' etc. Fight bullshit with bullshit.

Sam-

We're leaving, at some point you need to get over yourself and see it for what it is- negotiating a divorce settlement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:23 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
SamShark wrote:

It's not what remainers voted for, but they lost the vote. No-deal is more popular than transition amongst leavers. However, it won't be no-deal, because the EU (if it's still around) cannot afford it on any level.

In fairness, I can't claim categorically that people didn't vote for "no deal".

Neither can you claim that "no deal" is popular.

I feel reasonably comfortable that the weight of evidence suggests that no deal wasn't even on the table as an option to vote for, and any examination of it's consequences would not be a vote winner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:26 am 

SamShark wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
SamShark wrote:

In fairness, I can't claim that people didn't vote for "no deal".

I feel reasonably comfortable that the weight of evidence suggests that no deal wasn't even on the table as an option to vote for, and any examination of it's consequences would not be a vote winner.

So you would just take whatever the EU offered and thank them kindly?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:27 am 

SamShark wrote:
Nobody doubts this - of course they are trying to influence. Why is it b/s to fear either no deal at all or a "deal" which throws up loads of admin and barriers to trade/supply?

This sort of thing has to be refuted or calmed with somthing better than "shut it, project fear"

It's not going to happen because if it does the EU don't get their budget money (an automatic crisis), millions of jobs are lost across Europe, thousands of EU businesses hit the wall and given WTO they'd be facing the prospect of high tariffs, when they're already spooked by Trump.

They EU is barely keeping its own show on the road, they're at crisis point right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:30 am 

No deal or a shitty deal should never be all we're left with and the reason it's being pitched as the only possibly trajectory now is that ideologues on both sides are steering the ship.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
SamShark wrote:

It's not going to happen because if it does the EU don't get their budget money (an automatic crisis), millions of jobs are lost across Europe, thousands of EU businesses hit the wall and given WTO they'd be facing the prospect of high tariffs, when they're already spooked by Trump.

They EU is barely keeping its own show on the road, they're at crisis point right now.

And while this game of ideological chicken plays out, the likes of Airbus worry.

It doesn't seem like b/s, it's quite worrying when politicians on an ideological mission throw around "no deal" with no regard for the consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:34 am 

SamShark wrote:
In fairness, I can't claim categorically that people didn't vote for "no deal".

I said it was more popular than transition.
Quote:
In fact, there is support for leaving the EU with no deal. More voters opted for that outcome (37%) than the alternatives of entering a transition period where we remain in the EU single market until we can negotiate a satisfactory deal (25%), or abandoning Brexit altogether (23%).

62% of Leave voters back exiting without a deal, as do 13% of Remain voters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:35 am 

I see the idea of a few trade tarifs are causing the bed setters to panic this morning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1763, 1764, 1765, 1766, 1767, 1768, 1769 ... 1867  Next