Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1746, 1747, 1748, 1749, 1750, 1751, 1752 ... 2160  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 247 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 166 ]
Total votes : 413
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am 

bimboman wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Of course it's the tail wagging the dog. 3 billion in total turnover is an irrelevance.

How?

You make promises, you keep them.

It’s all important for democracy apparently.

Because the promise that we won't have a hard border our side is more than enough. The rest is a nonsense designed to keep,the U.K. In the customs union.

Well no it’s not.

Because the EU has rules on borders.

At least Nigel Lawson was honest during the campaign when he said that there would have to be some border controls. The Leave camp rushed out to dismiss that with Johnson himself saying things would be “absolutely unchanged”.

Now it’s an “irrelevance”, but apparently democracy is absolutely number one to you. You go on about stuff like the UK staying with the same VAT as before. Who voted for that? Who understood that? It’s a made up position now. There is no logical consistency to your calls for absolute democracy, it is picking and choosing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:16 am 

bimboman wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Of course it's the tail wagging the dog. 3 billion in total turnover is an irrelevance.

How?

Because the promise that we won't have a hard border our side is more than enough. The rest is a nonsense designed to keep,the U.K. In the customs union.

That promise means nothing considering the state and actions of your government. There is no trust, it is not that complicated to understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 am 

The backstop shouldn’t be a problem to them as it is easy as well apparently.

Just one small part of the easiest deal in history.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 pm 

5000 jobs at risk at Poundworld. Seems our currency can't lose value quick enough. 1,000 jobs lost at plants for Jaguar and 100s at plant for Discovery. I blame the EU. And Trudeau. The sooner London and Surrey secede the better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 pm 

Last edited by shereblue on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:12 pm 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Nice tag line in the Guardian. Britain was inside with a load of opt outs, now it wants to be outside with a load of opt ins. Utterly delusional

Originally said by the Luxembourg PM, I believe.

Which we are still pretending is a country. :thumbup:

What is this latest stupidity? You don´t recognise the congress of Vienna?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 pm 

shereblue wrote:
5000 jobs at risk at Poundworld. Seems our currency can't lose value quick enough. 1,000 jobs lost at plants for Jaguar and 100s at plant for Discovery. I blame the EU. And Trudeau. The sooner London and Surrey secede the better.

How unpatriotic of you. You should get behind the people. All those guys losing their jobs are probably white collars, the enemy of the people.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm 

EU professionals coming to UK are drying up. Hurray.

Meanwhile 5,000 applications to sponsor a doctor and 500 applications to sponsor an engineer have been rejected over 5 months to April.

Hope anti immigrant Leave voters complaining about the NHS are unaffected.

I can but admire their fortitude in sticking to their monoculturist beliefs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:27 pm 

La soule wrote:
shereblue wrote:

How unpatriotic of you. You should get behind the people. All those guys losing their jobs are probably white collars, the enemy of the people.

The 48.1% (and growing) ARE patriotic. Some of the 51.9% (and diminishing) are nationalist.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:28 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 pm 

shereblue wrote:

Nothing has happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:33 pm 

shereblue wrote:

Yep Easter and 2 other less working days. More than 1.4% of time on production.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 pm 

Not to do with brexit but Rolls-Royce are looking at getting rid of 4000 people in the UK.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm 

Petej wrote:
Not to do with brexit but Rolls-Royce are looking at getting rid of 4000 people in the UK.

Brexit means Brexit, you can´t let the tail wag the dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 pm 

sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Nice tag line in the Guardian. Britain was inside with a load of opt outs, now it wants to be outside with a load of opt ins. Utterly delusional

Originally said by the Luxembourg PM, I believe.

Which we are still pretending is a country. :thumbup:

You can take your so called congress of Vienna and shove it where the sun don't shine!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:32 pm 

sewa wrote:
Petej wrote:

Brexit means Brexit, you can´t let the tail wag the dog

Not exactly a good week for UK manufacturing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 pm 

just like you can the Belgian Revolution

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 pm 

Leffe wrote:
sewa wrote:

You can take your so called congress of Vienna and shove it where the sun don't shine!

I´d have thought you English rugby fans worshiped at the gates of Vienna :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:40 pm 

nardol wrote:
just like you can the Belgian Revolution

You can shove your Belgium frogs and flems England are going to win the world cup and Brexit. Belgium isn't even a real country.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm 

We'll all lose.

Fortunately, for a number of Brexitists, there is still hope of a silver lining.

They may not get redundancy payments as many are on "temporary contracts".

Those who expressed the belief that job loss was a price worth paying for Brexit, even if it happened to them or their own family, can still hope

Spirit of the Blitz.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:45 pm 

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
bimboman wrote:

How?

Well no it’s not.

Because the EU has rules on borders.

At least Nigel Lawson was honest during the campaign when he said that there would have to be some border controls. The Leave camp rushed out to dismiss that with Johnson himself saying things would be “absolutely unchanged”.

Now it’s an “irrelevance”, but apparently democracy is absolutely number one to you. You go on about stuff like the UK staying with the same VAT as before. Who voted for that? Who understood that? It’s a made up position now. There is no logical consistency to your calls for absolute democracy, it is picking and choosing.

Great, then the EU can do what it wants on its side of the border. That's all that need to happen for those "rules".

What's your point about VAT, you seem to think I've said something I haven't. Be clearer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:48 pm 

shereblue wrote:

Can you explain the record employment figures and wages being in front of inflation in regard to brexit please ?

Poind world :lol: , you'll be shitting bricks when you see how many retail jobs disappear over the next ten years in Europe and the US in particular.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:49 pm 

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Nothing has happened.

Well apart from record employment in the UK and wages being in advance of inflation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 pm 

shereblue wrote:

Meanwhile 5,000 applications to sponsor a doctor and 500 applications to sponsor an engineer have been rejected over 5 months to April.

How many applications were rejected in 2015?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:28 pm 

bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

This will be fine we can produce our own nurses and doctors. We were producing so many nurses we got rid of bursaries. Leave voting oldies accept and understand they might get poorer treatment and care and all consider it worthwhile in exchange for sovereignty and blue passports.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:41 pm 

Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

This will be fine we can produce our own nurses and doctors. We were producing so many nurses we got rid of bursaries. Leave voting oldies accept and understand they might get poorer treatment and care and all consider it worthwhile in exchange for sovereignty and blue passports.

You don't need doctors anymore. The NHS' GBP350M a week was a joke as you know.

Don't need engineers either apart from the ones that will be planing the construction of that bridge between Scotland & Ireland.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:42 pm 

Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

How about in 2012 ? It was about then the BMA cut doctor training places so they could maintain wages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:53 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

How about in 2012 ? It was about then the BMA cut doctor training places so they could maintain wages.

I'm confused ( and it doesn't take much ) - Do the BMA control the number of Doctor training places?

Back in 2012 The Department of Health commissioned the Health and Education National Strategic Exchange (HENSE) to make recommendations on the size of the workforce and that report stated Medical student numbers need to be reduced by two per cent from next year, a reduction of 124 places, the report said in order to prevent an oversupply of consultants once they qualify in 2015.

And was it not Health Minister Dr Dan Poulter who said the recommendations would be implemented from next year.

Each student costs the taxpayer £250,000 to put through medical school and having too many than there are jobs for would be a waste.

That does not sound much like the BMA cutting doctor training places , that should more like government

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm 

Quote:
https://www.bma.org.uk/news/2012/december/bma-accepts-cut-in-student-numbers-to-reduce-unemployment

Sorry yes, they just endorsed the recommendations.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:18 pm 

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the goings on in the Commons.

Big talk to start, but then followed by procedure, fudge and booting the can down the road.

As usual.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:48 pm 

I sincerely hope the Tory rebels who think they have been promised a "significant concession" in order to vote against the "meaningful vote" amendment know what they are doing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 pm 

normilet wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
One Tory has resigned from his ministerial post to vote against the government already. Dr Phillip Lee whoever he is.

Will he though?

Wouldn't make sense for him to resign and have a go at the govt if he was planning to vote with them now would it bimbo

Abstaining is another option and important mathematically. So which is it Haggis which is it. ?

He seems to say in his resignation letter he will "support the amendment":

Quote:
It is important that individual ministers and Parliamentarians should be able to influence and speak up on these issues. But effective Government in our country also relies on the important principle of collective responsibility. Resigning my post in this Government will allow me to work towards what I believe can be a better future, inside or outside the EU, for my children, my constituents and my country.

That will start today when MPs vote on the House of Lords’ amendments to the EU Withdrawal Bill and I will support the amendment which – if it is adopted – will empower Parliament to reject a bad deal and direct the Government to re-enter discussions, extending or pausing negotiations which are being badly rushed because of the deadline that Article 50 imposes.

it appears he abstained.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 pm 

Anyway, it's now the softest of Brexit on the cards, unfortunately we are totally f ucked in negotiations as there's no "no deal". EEA likely. Free movement will be the fudge (though Labour weak here as well), customs has to be left with freedom for own negotiations.

Successfully killed off, though I do hope we get customs freedoms. If not the governemnt falls and we risk communists.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:39 pm 

Yeah, the UK is full of communists just waiting to strike :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:40 pm 

sewa wrote:

Retard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 pm 

bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:

Retard.

Classy post. Maybe you should use your brain occasionally. It's not just for negotiating roundabouts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 pm 

bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Can you explain the record employment figures and wages being in front of inflation in regard to brexit please ?

Poind world :lol: , you'll be shitting bricks when you see how many retail jobs disappear over the next ten years in Europe and the US in particular.
I can explain. They are Mc Jobs. Take patriotic pride.

In particular, the 1,000 job cuts designated at Castle Bromwich are all from the temporary contract workers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 pm 

sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:

Retard.

Classy post. Maybe you should use your brain occasionally. It's not just for negotiating roundabouts

There's countless posts with you using "mental" and it's derivatives. Retard is just a description.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm 

shereblue wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:

I can explain. They are Mc Jobs. Take patriotic pride.

In particular, the 1,000 job cuts designated at Castle Bromwich are all from the temporary contract workers.

70% of the new jobs were in the professions , so wrong. Totally wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:59 pm 

sewa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:

Retard.

You must have some boring life to be chasing bimbo around a rugby forum?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1746, 1747, 1748, 1749, 1750, 1751, 1752 ... 2160  Next