Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1520, 1521, 1522, 1523, 1524, 1525, 1526 ... 1762  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 61%  61%  [ 239 ]
Out 39%  39%  [ 156 ]
Total votes : 395
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 am 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
I suspect it is because even someone as dense and ideologically driven as Davis is, has finally realised just how stupid this whole brexshit farce is. As for rejection of the custom union, I still believe it is more to do with turning the UK into the low tax/low wage Singapore style economy of Europe. I for one do not want unregulated food or goods foisted on me or my children

It's like the horse meat and recent Egg scandals happened somewhere other than Europe.

What's that got to do with the price of anti-biotic stuffed chlorinated chicken ?

In the two cases you mention above, regulations were clearly broken, and certainly in the case of the horsemeat scandal, the owner of the DUtch factory where the 'mixing' took place was prosecuted and found guilty (I don't know about the egg scandal and can't be arsed to google).

In the case of the UK relaxing regulations to promote trade, the aforementioned anti biotic stuffed chlorinated chicken will be legal in the UK, as will the steroid pumped beef, and pork with things done to it you really don't want to know about, but it definitely won't be free range, old breed pork.

So you've seen a danish pig farm or the muck produced across Germany and Poland. Or let's discuss crated veal in Holland

The US has as higher food standards as most of Europe and for many animals much better. You stupid bigoted plum.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:15 am 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
I suspect it is because even someone as dense and ideologically driven as Davis is, has finally realised just how stupid this whole brexshit farce is. As for rejection of the custom union, I still believe it is more to do with turning the UK into the low tax/low wage Singapore style economy of Europe. I for one do not want unregulated food or goods foisted on me or my children

It's like the horse meat and recent Egg scandals happened somewhere other than Europe.

What's that got to do with the price of anti-biotic stuffed chlorinated chicken ?

In the two cases you mention above, regulations were clearly broken, and certainly in the case of the horsemeat scandal, the owner of the DUtch factory where the 'mixing' took place was prosecuted and found guilty (I don't know about the egg scandal and can't be arsed to google).

In the case of the UK relaxing regulations to promote trade, the aforementioned anti biotic stuffed chlorinated chicken will be legal in the UK, as will the steroid pumped beef, and pork with things done to it you really don't want to know about, but it definitely won't be free range, old breed pork.

So you've seen a danish pig farm or the muck produced across Germany and Poland. Or let's discuss crated veal in Holland

The US has as higher food standards as most of Europe and for many animals much better. You stupid bigoted plum.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 am 

Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

:lol:

You've got to admire the stamina and the total lack of shame.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:03 pm 

I was really worried about this but the last line has reassured me.

Quote:
Theresa May has refused to rule out giving US companies access to NHS contracts as part of a future trade deal with Donald Trump’s White House.

At prime minister’s questions on Wednesday, the Liberal Democrat leader, Vince Cable, challenged May over how she would respond if Washington pushed for access to Britain’s public services for US corporations.

“The prime minister knows that one of the key objectives of American trade negotiators in any future deal after Brexit is to secure access for American companies to business in the NHS,” he said. “Can she give an absolute guarantee that in those negotiations the NHS will be excluded from their scope? And can she confirm that in her conversations with President Trump she’s made it absolutely clear to him that the NHS is not for sale?”

The prime minister refused to do so, instead insisting that Cable, a former business secretary, “doesn’t know what they’re going to say in their requirements for that free trade agreement. We will go into those negotiations to get the best possible deal for the United Kingdom.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:47 pm 

SamShark wrote:
I was really worried about this but the last line has reassured me.

Quote:
Theresa May has refused to rule out giving US companies access to NHS contracts as part of a future trade deal with Donald Trump’s White House.

At prime minister’s questions on Wednesday, the Liberal Democrat leader, Vince Cable, challenged May over how she would respond if Washington pushed for access to Britain’s public services for US corporations.

“The prime minister knows that one of the key objectives of American trade negotiators in any future deal after Brexit is to secure access for American companies to business in the NHS,” he said. “Can she give an absolute guarantee that in those negotiations the NHS will be excluded from their scope? And can she confirm that in her conversations with President Trump she’s made it absolutely clear to him that the NHS is not for sale?”

The prime minister refused to do so, instead insisting that Cable, a former business secretary, “doesn’t know what they’re going to say in their requirements for that free trade agreement. We will go into those negotiations to get the best possible deal for the United Kingdom.”

And a UK subsidiary of a US corporation providing NHS services where it is cost effective to do so is different to a UK company doing the same how?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:05 pm 

No comment on the Amsterdam court case?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:37 pm 

Quote:

Shame about what ?

Crated veal and fois gras farms can be shameful I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:40 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Shame about what ?

Encéphalopathie would do that to many

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:47 pm 

croyals wrote:
And a UK subsidiary of a US corporation providing NHS services where it is cost effective to do so is different to a UK company doing the same how?

All other things being equal you'd imagine more money ultimately staying in the UK in the latter case.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:53 pm 

Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Shame about what ?

Encéphalopathie would do that to many

Means nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:28 pm 

More Brexit news:

Quote:
Every nation and region of the UK would see slower economic growth as a result of Brexit, according to estimates by government officials.

The forecasts, seen by MPs, model the 15-year impact of the UK staying in the single market, doing a trade deal with the EU or leaving without a deal.

In each scenario, growth would be lower, by 2%, 5% and 8% respectively, compared with current forecasts.

Just to be balanced, the above doesn't cover the special bespoke deal where we control immigration, make our own trade deals and continue with all the benefits of the single market and customs union.

And John Redwood has stated that the forecasts are "complete nonsense"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:56 pm 

Well Redwood has a point. Most of the forecasts made by Treasury have been rubbish.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 pm 

SamShark wrote:
More Brexit news:

Quote:
Every nation and region of the UK would see slower economic growth as a result of Brexit, according to estimates by government officials.

The forecasts, seen by MPs, model the 15-year impact of the UK staying in the single market, doing a trade deal with the EU or leaving without a deal.

In each scenario, growth would be lower, by 2%, 5% and 8% respectively, compared with current forecasts.

Just to be balanced, the above doesn't cover the special bespoke deal where we control immigration, make our own trade deals and continue with all the benefits of the single market and customs union.

And John Redwood has stated that the forecasts are "complete nonsense"

5% over 15 years (or 3 parliaments ) :lol: , who gives a f uck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 pm 

Yes.

Experts cannot be trusted to be unbiased.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm 

The worst case scenario of 'no deal' will have a -16% effect in the north east. That would be pretty horrible.

Whatever the bespoke deal, it will not be more economically favourable than any of the scenarios laid out in those reports. Nor should it be as the UK didn't vote for brexit for economic reasons but largely for political ones.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:26 pm 

pigsy wrote:
The worst case scenario of 'no deal' will have a -16% effect in the north east.

How has that number been arrived at?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:35 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:

Re British nationals going to the ECJ about whether they should be able to keep their rights as EU citizens?

Sounds interesting.

I'm happy to keep my purple passport and be a EU citizen and the Brexiters can jack off over their blue one and be all free and whatever.

Another complex situation though and people forget that their are plenty of worried Brits living abroad not just EU citizens here wanting clarification.

I suspect Boris and Rees-Mogg are thinking about this deeply and will come up with solutions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm 

SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Re British nationals going to the ECJ about whether they should be able to keep their rights as EU citizens?

Sounds interesting.

I'm happy to keep my purple passport and be a EU citizen and the Brexiters can jack off over their blue one and be all free and whatever.

Another complex situation though and people forget that their are plenty of worried Brits living abroad not just EU citizens here wanting clarification.

I suspect Boris and Rees-Mogg are thinking about this deeply and will come up with solutions.

Rees-mogg won't abort his efforts, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 pm 

SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Sounds interesting.

I caught it on the radio today- having had a quick look it would be a nice result.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Yes.

Can you explain to me why you consider the Treasury to be expert economic forecasters?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:30 pm 

bREXIT MEANS BREXIT

fudge off to where you came from

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:19 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Sounds interesting.

I caught it on the radio today- having had a quick look it would be a nice result.

I'd be happy with it.

I mostly travel on my Australian Passport but would like the backup

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:40 am 

croyals wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Yes.

Can you explain to me why you consider the Treasury to be expert economic forecasters?

Only if you tell me why they aren't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 am 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Shame about what ?

I find it remarkable that you actually care about those animals considering your total lack of empathy for your fellow human beings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:44 am 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Shame about what ?

I find it remarkable that you actually care about those animals considering your total lack of empathy for your fellow human beings.

You know nothing about my empathy for humans, animals or otherwise.

I'm laughing at two French people taking the animal welfare high ground.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 am 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Shame about what ?

You know nothing about my empathy for humans, animals or otherwise.

I'm laughing at two French people taking the animal welfare high ground.

I have very little empathy for those ducks, you are right.

I know nothing about about yours but I can form an opinion based on your posting here. No empathy whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:19 am 

Silly boy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am 

Sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:22 am 

Two things.

Firstly, in addition to the economic cost to the various regions published by the UK government yesterday, they also published their estimates of the tariff and non tariff barriers British goods and services will face from the EU after Brexit. Watch that FDI move boys !

https://news.sky.com/story/new-brexi...tries-11240583

Tariff equivalent of non-tariff barrier costs, by sector:

:: Machinery, equipment and energy: 2% to 6%
:: Chemical, rubber and plastic: 6% to 12%
:: Other manufacturing: 5% to 12%
:: Motor vehicles: 5% to 13%
:: Food and drink: 8% to 16%
:: Agriculture: 8% to 17%
:: Construction: 0%
:: Business services: 0% to 6%
:: Other services: 2% to 10%
:: Financial services: 5% to 10%
:: Defence, education and health: 6% to 16%
:: Retail and wholesale: 7% to 20%

Secondly, will this new 'Renew' party split the Tories down the middle ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:31 pm 

Tariff equivalent of Non tarif ,

Ie , madey uppy .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:36 pm 

Those damned experts again, eh Bimbo ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:40 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

Well they got oat brexit spectacularly wrong.

Experts in 2004 on not joining the Eurozone estimated 3 million job losses.

Let see what actually happens.when it's not too bad, be afraid for the Union, they'll all leave.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:42 pm 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Let see what actually happens.when it's not too bad, be afraid for the Union, they'll all leave.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:49 pm 

Got to love redwood advising his mates to pull money out of the UK then spouting shite. Not unlike others indicating they are moving money out of the UK because of corbyn. If brexit is a tremendous success Corbyn won't get elected. They must be assuming brexit will be failure and the electorate will punish the Tories for it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:24 pm 

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Which predictions were spectacularly wrong? The UK economy is now the worst performing economy in the G7 and the second worst in the EU. The cost of Brexit so far has been £300m per week. Why would
any of the EU 27 go down the same path? Fortunately for them, they treat their swivel eyed loons with contempt.

You Brexiters just repeat the same old, same old comments about experts and forecasts . You have nothing constructive to say about Brexit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:29 pm 

Nobleman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Which predictions were spectacularly wrong? The UK economy is now the worst performing economy in the G7 and the second worst in the EU. The cost of Brexit so far has been £300m per week. Why would
any of the EU 27 go down the same path? Fortunately for them, they treat their swivel eyed loons with contempt.

You Brexiters just repeat the same old, same old comments about experts and forecasts . You have nothing constructive to say about Brexit.

Well I think the sight of DUP MPs urging May, in the HoC, to go into negotiations with a "No Surrender" attitude, on the same day that the UK government forecast a 12% loss in NIs GDP as a result of Brexit, tells you all you need to know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 pm 

Nobleman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

You call other swivel eyed loons but come out with the U.K. Having cost 300 million a week. :lol:

Are you saying 26 EU economies performed better than the UK last year ? By what measurement ?

Oh and spectacularly wrong were an immediate recession of 2.5% negative GDP, 500,000 more unemployed and more. They were spectacularly WRONG.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:48 pm 

Lets just pretend for a minute that things get pretty bad. "Project fear" is correct and the economy takes a big hit.

What's the UK's next move under a Conservative Government?

Is a response to absolutely slash red tape and regulation, cut tax etc, massively reduce the size of the state?

Isn't that what some people want, which is why they are not blind to risks - whilst pretending they don't exist they actually accept and kind of want them as the status quo is what they think should end, in the same way Corbyn wants to go the other way..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Nobleman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

You call other swivel eyed loons but come out with the U.K. Having cost 300 million a week. :lol:

Are you saying 26 EU economies performed better than the UK last year ? By what measurement ?

Oh and spectacularly wrong were an immediate recession of 2.5% negative GDP, 500,000 more unemployed and more. They were spectacularly WRONG.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... short-term

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 81841.html

https://www.ft.com/content/e3b29230-db5 ... 4b1c09b482

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm 

SamShark wrote:
Lets just pretend for a minute that things get pretty bad. "Project fear" is correct and the economy takes a big hit.

What's the UK's next move under a Conservative Government?

Is a response to absolutely slash red tape and regulation, cut tax etc, massively reduce the size of the state?

Isn't that what some people want, which is why they are not blind to risks - whilst pretending they don't exist they actually accept and kind of want them as the status quo is what they think should end, in the same way Corbyn wants to go the other way..

Blame the EU

Sell pounds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1520, 1521, 1522, 1523, 1524, 1525, 1526 ... 1762  Next