Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 1044  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 62%  62%  [ 227 ]
Out 38%  38%  [ 139 ]
Total votes : 366
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39361
Rocketz wrote:
Spain’s reforms point the way for southern Europe

Having tackled its problems earlier than Italy or Greece, Spain is now seeing results

Now Spain is heading for its third consecutive year of economic growth of just over 3%, the fastest of any large economy in the euro area (see chart 1). It is creating about 500,000 jobs a year. According to Luis de Guindos, the economy minister, last month the country’s GDP surpassed its pre-crisis peak.

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21 ... rsc=dg%7Cd



Let's hope Catalonia don't vote to leave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
bimboman wrote:
Rocketz wrote:
Spain’s reforms point the way for southern Europe

Having tackled its problems earlier than Italy or Greece, Spain is now seeing results

Now Spain is heading for its third consecutive year of economic growth of just over 3%, the fastest of any large economy in the euro area (see chart 1). It is creating about 500,000 jobs a year. According to Luis de Guindos, the economy minister, last month the country’s GDP surpassed its pre-crisis peak.

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21 ... rsc=dg%7Cd



Let's hope Catalonia don't vote to leave.


Madrid is the cash cow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... ion_by_GDP


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
UK caves in to EU demand to agree divorce bill before trade talks

(there you go Silver, negotiating as equals)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks

How far up their own asses are these politicians?

Quote:
David Davis, insisted his initial retreat remained consistent with long-term government strategy. “It’s not how it starts, it’s how it finishes that matters,” David Davis said in Brussels after their first day of formal talks. “Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.”


They really are living soundbite to soundbite thinking that they are like Frank Undwerwood in House of Cards. Forgetting that they are civil servants playing with peoples lives


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 2250
At least the battle of the summer is finally over and we can get to negotiating Brexit.

What's that? The battle of the summer lasted a few hours before Davis backed down and made his bravado and hubris look like just that completely undermining what he says?! Oh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22574
I like haggis wrote:
At least the battle of the summer is finally over and we can get to negotiating Brexit.

What's that? The battle of the summer lasted a few hours before Davis backed down and made his bravado and hubris look like just that completely undermining what he says?! Oh.


I assume he thought it would be a vote winner. After all the PM saw a spike in Tory popularity after she accused Brussels of meddling in the election.

Obviously none of it led to a stonking majority as predicted.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson. It would have been so much easier to focus on the "sufficient progress" angle, which is nuanced and crucial.

There has seemingly been talk of Davis saying Thursday's citizenship proposal was an "opening offer" suggesting an ongoing discussion. Knowing the PM (who is presenting it) she'll probably throw the documents on the floor, shout "take it or leave it", do a dirty protest in the room and storm out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22574
I like haggis wrote:
At least the battle of the summer is finally over and we can get to negotiating Brexit.

What's that? The battle of the summer lasted a few hours before Davis backed down and made his bravado and hubris look like just that completely undermining what he says?! Oh.


I assume he thought it would be a vote winner. After all the PM saw a spike in Tory popularity after she accused Brussels of meddling in the election.

Obviously none of it led to a stonking majority as predicted.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson. It would have been so much easier to focus on the "sufficient progress" angle, which is nuanced and crucial.

There has seemingly been talk of Davis saying Thursday's citizenship proposal is an "opening offer" suggesting an ongoing discussion. Knowing the PM (who is presenting it) she'll probably throw the documents on the floor, shout "take it or leave it", do a dirty protest in the room and storm out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:54 pm
Posts: 2250
SamShark wrote:
I like haggis wrote:
At least the battle of the summer is finally over and we can get to negotiating Brexit.

What's that? The battle of the summer lasted a few hours before Davis backed down and made his bravado and hubris look like just that completely undermining what he says?! Oh.


I assume he thought it would be a vote winner. After all the PM saw a spike in Tory popularity after she accused Brussels of meddling in the election.

Obviously none of it led to a stonking majority as predicted.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson. It would have been so much easier to focus on the "sufficient progress" angle, which is nuanced and crucial.

There has seemingly been talk of Davis saying Thursday's citizenship proposal is an "opening offer" suggesting an ongoing discussion. Knowing the PM (who is presenting it) she'll probably throw the documents on the floor, shout "take it or leave it", do a dirty protest in the room and storm out.


Then the EU will leave it and the next day she'll stand in front of Downing Street saying they've accepted it.

Problem with Davies is he's not 1/10th as smart as he likes to think, an organised Barnier will wipe the floor with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 42655
Location: Fighting political correctness with "banter"
Divorce talks agreed before trade ffs you utter arse twats
Cheers Tory cnuts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 7457
Image

Lillico from March. Fair play!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm
Posts: 7759
paddyor wrote:
The "row of the summer" didn't make it mid summers day. Excellent. 1 day!

The EU already shifted their position earlier in the year. First it was "no parallel talks on trade", then it became "parallel talks with sufficient progress" which I believe May indicated she would be accepting prior to the election. Sky reporting that trade talks pencilled in for October. According to the DExEU Secretary there has been communication back and forwards behind the scenes for some time now.

I like haggis wrote:
Then the EU will leave it and the next day she'll stand in front of Downing Street saying they've accepted it.

Problem with Davies is he's not 1/10th as smart as he likes to think, an organised Barnier will wipe the floor with him.

It's "Davis" haggis, and he didn't come in the last shower. He negotiated with the EU for years, Barnier included.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 7457
Rugby2023 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
The "row of the summer" didn't make it mid summers day. Excellent. 1 day!

The EU already shifted their position earlier in the year. First it was "no parallel talks on trade", then it became "parallel talks with sufficient progress" which I believe May indicated she would be accepting prior to the election. Sky reporting that trade talks pencilled in for October. According to the DExEU Secretary there has been communication back and forwards behind the scenes for some time now.

I like haggis wrote:
Then the EU will leave it and the next day she'll stand in front of Downing Street saying they've accepted it.

Problem with Davies is he's not 1/10th as smart as he likes to think, an organised Barnier will wipe the floor with him.

It's "Davis" haggis, and he didn't come in the last shower. He negotiated with the EU for years, Barnier included.

No they didn't. They produced a shcedule for the talks and Davis responded with bluster about the row of the summer. See the snippet from Lilico above. Note the lack of an alternative that they were prepared to publish to the EUs position. Anyway, it's for the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 7457
Quote:
Peter Foster‏Verified account @pmdfoster

Dates for your #brexit diary.

August? August?!?!?!

Sound of spluttering in the Brussels press room. No one works in works in August.
Image


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
Both Davis and Barnier stated today that the UK is leaving the single market and the customs union.

If that's not n hard brexit I don't know what is

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... otiations/

Norway deal off the table
Swiss deal off the table
Even Turkey deal off the table


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17407
Barnier was just repeating the British governments avowed position, not sure what else he would say?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23088
paddyor wrote:
Image

Lillico from March. Fair play!


everyone in Europe at a serious level of Politics knew this.

except apparently the moronic entire UK political leadership


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6027
Rocketz wrote:
Both Davis and Barnier stated today that the UK is leaving the single market and the customs union.

If that's not n hard brexit I don't know what is

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... otiations/

Norway deal off the table
Swiss deal off the table
Even Turkey deal off the table



I wouldn't read anything into that, I suspect Barnier doesn't really know what he's doing. I have it on good authority he hasn't even spoken to Silver yet so he probably doesn't even understand the difference between the EU, the single market, the customs union and hockey sticks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
And the Swiss clarify their opinion on Brexit

Lachnummer Europas

http://mobile2.derbund.ch/articles/5944 ... 44ba000001

Quote:
This article in a Swiss newspaper today is so ruthlessly clear-sighted in its assessment of just how screwed we are that I just had to translate it for the non-German speakers. Hold on to your hats:

THE LAUGHING STOCK OF EUROPE
[Translation by Paula Kirby]
If it weren't so serious, the situation in Great Britain would almost be comical. The country is being governed by a talking robot, nicknamed the Maybot, that somehow managed to visit the burned-out tower block in the west of London without speaking to a single survivor or voluntary helper. Negotiations for the country’s exit from the EU are due to begin on Monday, but no one has even a hint of a plan. The government is dependent on a small party that provides a cozy home for climate change deniers and creationists. Boris Johnson is Foreign Secretary. What in the world has happened to this country?

Two years ago David Cameron emerged from the parliamentary election as the shining victor. He had secured an absolute majority, and as a result it looked as if the career of this cheerful lightweight was headed for surprisingly dizzy heights. The economy was growing faster than in any other industrialised country in the world. Scottish independence and, with it, the break-up of the United Kingdom had been averted. For the first time since 1992, there was a Conservative majority in the House of Commons. Great Britain saw itself as a universally respected actor on the international stage. This was the starting point.

In order to get from this comfortable position to the chaos of the present in the shortest possible time, two things were necessary: first, the Conservative right wingers’ obsessive hatred of the EU, and second, Cameron’s irresponsibility in putting the whole future of the country on the line with his referendum, just to satisfy a few fanatics in his party. It is becoming ever clearer just how extraordinarily bad a decision that was. The fact that Great Britain has become the laughing stock of Europe is directly linked to its vote for Brexit.

The ones who will suffer most will be the British people, who were lied to by the Brexit campaign during the referendum and betrayed and treated like idiots by elements of their press. The shamelessness still knows no bounds: the Daily Express has asked in all seriousness whether the inferno in the tower block was due to the cladding having been designed to meet EU standards. It is a simple matter to discover that the answer to this question is No, but by failing to check it, the newspaper has planted the suspicion that the EU might be to blame for this too. As an aside: a country in which parts of the press are so demonstrably uninterested in truth and exploit a disaster like the fire in Grenfell Tower for their own tasteless ends has a very serious problem.

Already prices are rising in the shops, already inflation is on the up. Investors are holding back. Economic growth has slowed. And that’s before the Brexit negotiations have even begun. With her unnecessary general election, Prime Minister Theresa May has already squandered an eighth of the time available for them. How on earth an undertaking as complex as Brexit is supposed to be agreed in the time remaining is a mystery.

Great Britain will end up leaving its most important trading partner and will be left weaker in every respect. It would make economic sense to stay in the single market and the customs union, but that would mean being subject to regulations over which Britain no longer had any say. It would be better to have stayed in the EU in the first place. So the government now needs to develop a plan that is both politically acceptable and brings the fewest possible economic disadvantages. It’s a question of damage limitation, nothing more; yet even now there are still politicians strutting around Westminster smugly trumpeting that it will be the EU that comes off worst if it doesn’t toe the line.

The EU is going to be dealing with a government that has no idea what kind of Brexit it wants, led by an unrealistic politician whose days are numbered; and a party in which old trenches are being opened up again: moderate Tories are currently hoping to be able to bring about a softer exit after all, but the hardliners in the party – among them more than a few pigheadedly obstinate ideologues – are already threatening rebellion. An epic battle lies ahead, and it will paralyse the government.

EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier has said that he now expects the Brits to finally set out their position clearly, since he cannot negotiate with himself. The irony of this statement is that it would actually be in Britain’s best interests if he did just that. At least that way they’d have one representative on their side who grasps the scale of the task and is actually capable of securing a deal that will be fair to both sides. The Brits do not have a single negotiator of this stature in their ranks. And quite apart from the Brexit terms, both the debate and the referendum have proven to be toxic in ways that are now making themselves felt.

British society is now more divided than at any time since the English civil war in the 17th century, a fact that was demonstrated anew in the general election, in which a good 80% of the votes were cast for the two largest parties. Neither of these parties was offering a centrist programme: the election was a choice between the hard right and the hard left. The political centre has been abandoned, and that is never a good sign. In a country like Great Britain, that for so long had a reputation for pragmatism and rationality, it is grounds for real concern. The situation is getting decidedly out of hand.

After the loss of its empire, the United Kingdom sought a new place in the world. It finally found it, as a strong, awkward and influential part of a larger union: the EU. Now it has given up this place quite needlessly. The consequence, as is now becoming clear, is a veritable identity crisis from which it will take the country a very long time to recover.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4604
Quote:
After the loss of its empire, the United Kingdom sought a new place in the world. It finally found it, as a strong, awkward and influential part of a larger union: the EU. Now it has given up this place quite needlessly. The consequence, as is now becoming clear, is a veritable identity crisis from which it will take the country a very long time to recover.


Fair comment.

It's sad the home of the cuckoo clock has to point this out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8888
Well, I am waiting on Bimbo's opinion before forming my own.

There's bound to be a short sentence that's going to negate everything written in that article.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
La soule wrote:
Well, I am waiting on Bimbo's opinion before forming my own.

There's bound to be a short sentence that's going to negate everything written in that article.


Red white and blue shitstorm!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 39791
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
paddyor wrote:
Image

Lillico from March. Fair play!


One good thing about the times in which we live is that we are getting a very rapid turnaround on "are this person's opinions and utterances worth taking the slightest bit seriously?"

Lillico goes with Seneca on the "talks shit, ignore" list


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10714
Rocketz wrote:
UK caves in to EU demand to agree divorce bill before trade talks

(there you go Silver, negotiating as equals)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks

How far up their own asses are these politicians?

Quote:
David Davis, insisted his initial retreat remained consistent with long-term government strategy. “It’s not how it starts, it’s how it finishes that matters,” David Davis said in Brussels after their first day of formal talks. “Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.”


They really are living soundbite to soundbite thinking that they are like Frank Undwerwood in House of Cards. Forgetting that they are civil servants playing with peoples lives


The EU is a racket run by criminals

The UK send in clueless, naive children and they have been smacked back. But a long way to go yet but at this time we do need a PM who is not a fool (not May).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12724
Location: Best country in the world.
That piece from 'Der Bund' is as good a recent synopsis of events that I have read.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4366
La soule wrote:
Well, I am waiting on Bimbo's opinion before forming my own.

There's bound to be a short sentence that's going to negate everything written in that article.


:lol: Good article, although the Tories clearly aren't very right wing at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 39791
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
The Sun God wrote:
That piece from 'Der Bund' is as good a recent synopsis of events that I have read.


Which piece?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10714
Rocketz wrote:
Both Davis and Barnier stated today that the UK is leaving the single market and the customs union.

If that's not n hard brexit I don't know what is

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... otiations/

Norway deal off the table
Swiss deal off the table
Even Turkey deal off the table


Unfortunately Davis is an idiot

We can't be in the customs union without being in the EU. So the fool doesn't even need to mention this

The question is

-do we stay in the single market as a short term option or
-Do we leave without a trade deal (a complete disaster)

The reality is we need to leave the political union but due to time constraints we must stay in the single market as a short term option. We can do this via the EFTA/EEA route (the Norway option)

Its not difficult but our incompetent leaders don't have a clue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 39791
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
What's this "we" shite dickhead?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
Silver wrote:
Rocketz wrote:
UK caves in to EU demand to agree divorce bill before trade talks

(there you go Silver, negotiating as equals)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks

How far up their own asses are these politicians?

Quote:
David Davis, insisted his initial retreat remained consistent with long-term government strategy. “It’s not how it starts, it’s how it finishes that matters,” David Davis said in Brussels after their first day of formal talks. “Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.”


They really are living soundbite to soundbite thinking that they are like Frank Undwerwood in House of Cards. Forgetting that they are civil servants playing with peoples lives


The EU is a racket run by criminals

The UK send in clueless, naive children and they have been smacked back. But a long way to go yet but at this time we do need a PM who is not a fool (not May).


Barnier : Here is the schedule for the talks
Davis : We want to talk trade as well
Barnier : No
Davis : Then we walk away, no deal is better than a bad deal , brexit means brexit
Barnier : Ok
Davis : Just kind of walk away
Barnier : Whatevs

Silver if you think that the EU is a racket run by criminals its best that you leave. Regardless of your opinions Europe has the highest standard of living for the largest amount of its population in the world which is a pretty good goal. Yes we dont have bragging rights as to billionaires and media moguls. But having a slew of celebrities and wasters does not put food on the table.

The UK wants to be mini USA (economically) that is not compatible with our Social Democratic values. If being a social democrat or a liberal is synonymous with being a criminal in your book it is obvious that your tinfoil hat has as much power as homeopathic medicine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12724
Location: Best country in the world.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
That piece from 'Der Bund' is as good a recent synopsis of events that I have read.


Which piece?


The opinion piece posted above by Rocketz.

You must be the only guy on this thread to not have the greatest contra indicator of all time on ignore...!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 39791
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
The Sun God wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
That piece from 'Der Bund' is as good a recent synopsis of events that I have read.


Which piece?


The opinion piece posted above by Rocketz.

You must be the only guy on this thread to not have the greatest contra indicator of all time on ignore...!!


...I do have him on ignore, which is why I didn't see the post.

But I have now read the article, and agree that while it doesn't add anything tremendously new to the discussion it distils the essence of what is happening very accurately


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6880
Location: United States of Europe
Chuckles1188 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
That piece from 'Der Bund' is as good a recent synopsis of events that I have read.


Which piece?


The opinion piece posted above by Rocketz.

You must be the only guy on this thread to not have the greatest contra indicator of all time on ignore...!!


...I do have him on ignore, which is why I didn't see the post.

But I have now read the article, and agree that while it doesn't add anything tremendously new to the discussion it distils the essence of what is happening very accurately


Sun God I am honored, but what is a contra indicator?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12724
Location: Best country in the world.
Chuckles1188 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
That piece from 'Der Bund' is as good a recent synopsis of events that I have read.


Which piece?


The opinion piece posted above by Rocketz.

You must be the only guy on this thread to not have the greatest contra indicator of all time on ignore...!!


...I do have him on ignore, which is why I didn't see the post.

But I have now read the article, and agree that while it doesn't add anything tremendously new to the discussion it distils the essence of what is happening very accurately


I am talking about Silver, not Rocketz.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10714
Rocketz wrote:
Silver wrote:
Rocketz wrote:
UK caves in to EU demand to agree divorce bill before trade talks

(there you go Silver, negotiating as equals)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks

How far up their own asses are these politicians?

Quote:
David Davis, insisted his initial retreat remained consistent with long-term government strategy. “It’s not how it starts, it’s how it finishes that matters,” David Davis said in Brussels after their first day of formal talks. “Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.”


They really are living soundbite to soundbite thinking that they are like Frank Undwerwood in House of Cards. Forgetting that they are civil servants playing with peoples lives


The EU is a racket run by criminals

The UK send in clueless, naive children and they have been smacked back. But a long way to go yet but at this time we do need a PM who is not a fool (not May).


Barnier : Here is the schedule for the talks
Davis : We want to talk trade as well
Barnier : No
Davis : Then we walk away, no deal is better than a bad deal , brexit means brexit
Barnier : Ok
Davis : Just kind of walk away
Barnier : Whatevs

Silver if you think that the EU is a racket run by criminals its best that you leave. Regardless of your opinions Europe has the highest standard of living for the largest amount of its population in the world which is a pretty good goal. Yes we dont have bragging rights as to billionaires and media moguls. But having a slew of celebrities and wasters does not put food on the table.

The UK wants to be mini USA (economically) that is not compatible with our Social Democratic values. If being a social democrat or a liberal is synonymous with being a criminal in your book it is obvious that your tinfoil hat has as much power as homeopathic medicine.


The EU is not Europe. The EU leeches of Europe based on lies and misinformation.

How much better off would Europe be today with the single market but without the Euro and political union?

Germany would be worse off but Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal would be much better off. So the Eu and Euro benefits Germany but harm's a good number of countries. They are now trying to bully countries to force them to take in refugees. That these countries had no say over letting in. when will countries find their collective inner strength and tell the EU criminal to f++k off.


Quote:
EU Proves It Has Become an Authoritarian Government

Posted Jun 19, 2017 by Martin Armstrong

The European Commission President JEAN-CLAUDE Juncker, has come out and boldly stated that Poland and Hungary and their refusal to take in a single refugee person under a plan agreed in 2015 to relocate 160,000 asylum-seekers from Italy and Greece, said: “Those who do not want to accept people with a different skin colour or a different belief come from a world of ideas that I do not consider compatible with the EU’s original mission.” Juncker further said that if the refugee crisis existed previously and Poland and Hungary refused to accept the refugees, they would have been denied membership.

The entire refugee crisis was created by Angela Merkel. It was never presented for a vote to the member states. The EU has proven that there is no right to vote and it has become an unelected government with authoritarian powers. Juncker never stands for election by the people. The establishment of the EU government is its a throwback to the days of kings claiming the divine right to rule.

Meanwhile, estimates of refugees who would still migrate to Europe range in the 30 to 35 million. This indeed seems high for that is 10% of the population of the United States. Even if it is half that amount, it would break the economy of Europe and crush it into dust. You have an excess of people totally unfamiliar with Western culture or with a skill set capable of the 21st century.


Last edited by Silver on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 39791
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
I do have Silver on ignore but every now and again I can't quite help myself and click show post. It's never a good idea, but like picking a scab sometimes you can't help yourself


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17407
Quoting convicted criminals now, sums you up really silvermong.


Last edited by Gavin Duffy on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10714
Chuckles1188 wrote:
I do have Silver on ignore but every now and again I can't quite help myself and click show post. It's never a good idea, but like picking a scab sometimes you can't help yourself


Chuckles. I see you as a brainwashed, brain-dead idiot. I don't care if you have me on ignore so no need to keep on telling me you f++k-wit, naive, pathetic child.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10714
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Quoting convicted criminals now, sums you up really silvermong.


What did you read this in a fake-news paper


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13423
Chuckles1188 wrote:
What's this "we" shite dickhead?

The Putin Alliance.

Interesting that the more the disadvantages of Brexit are examined, the more the British dig their heels in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 39791
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Rinkals wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
What's this "we" shite dickhead?

The Putin Alliance.

Interesting that the more the disadvantages of Brexit are examined, the more the British dig their heels in.


I take exception to that. For many of us the more the disadvantages of Brexit are examined the more convinced we are that we were right to vote to stay, and that the Leave crew are dangerous idiots who should be offered medical help immediately


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41752 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032 ... 1044  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bleacher, comets, Da iawn diolch, Google Adsense [Bot], Jeff the Bear, rett, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group