Chat Forum
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1525, 1526, 1527, 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531 ... 1723  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 236 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 155 ]
Total votes : 391
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
iarmhiman wrote:
Jesus Trance. Using that rag to back up your statement. :uhoh:


What? I see the usual socialist types are up in arms over this which is hilarious. I found them after doing a google search on Brexit news and I don't care what news paper it is but the facts are facts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?
I believe there was an assessment done few years ago which concluded that the econmic impact of Eastern Europe migration was cost neutral. It doesn't bring in as much as you think it does.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2301
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?
I believe there was an assessment done few years ago which concluded that the econmic impact of Eastern Europe migration was cost neutral. It doesn't bring in as much as you think it does.


And most Ozzies are barely capable of pulling a pint, even though that's the job most of them seem to get in England. Shouldn't they send you lot back first ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
fishfoodie wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?
I believe there was an assessment done few years ago which concluded that the econmic impact of Eastern Europe migration was cost neutral. It doesn't bring in as much as you think it does.


And most Ozzies are barely capable of pulling a pint, even though that's the job most of them seem to get in England. Shouldn't they send you lot back first ?


Load of waffle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?


Most.

I see them working for on all the major London building projects, I see them heading in for the overnight maintenance on the tubes, I see them digging the streets of London. They pay tax, because they are in the system

I see them forming companies, and working for themselves. As these companies are still trading a couple of years later I assume they are complying with company legislation just like small time british companies.

A brickie earning £200 a day pays the same amount of tax if not more than an accountant earning £50kpa.

You are talking through your hole.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48657
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?


Most.

I see them working for on all the major London building projects, I see them heading in for the overnight maintenance on the tubes, I see them digging the streets of London. They pay tax, because they are in the system

I see them forming companies, and working for themselves. As these companies are still trading a couple of years later I assume they are complying with company legislation just like small time british companies.

A brickie earning £200 a day pays the same amount of tax if not more than an accountant earning £50kpa.

You are talking through your hole.



Yes because all he poles work in London on London wages....


The studies been done, they don't contribute over and above their benefit levels .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26281
The Sun though lads :lol: :lol: :lol: This is a new lo...nah to be fair it isn't


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
bimboman wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?


Most.

I see them working for on all the major London building projects, I see them heading in for the overnight maintenance on the tubes, I see them digging the streets of London. They pay tax, because they are in the system

I see them forming companies, and working for themselves. As these companies are still trading a couple of years later I assume they are complying with company legislation just like small time british companies.

A brickie earning £200 a day pays the same amount of tax if not more than an accountant earning £50kpa.

You are talking through your hole.



Yes because all he poles work in London on London wages....


The studies been done, they don't contribute over and above their benefit levels .


You can provide links to back this up ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24240
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?


Most.

I see them working for on all the major London building projects, I see them heading in for the overnight maintenance on the tubes, I see them digging the streets of London. They pay tax, because they are in the system

I see them forming companies, and working for themselves. As these companies are still trading a couple of years later I assume they are complying with company legislation just like small time british companies.

A brickie earning £200 a day pays the same amount of tax if not more than an accountant earning £50kpa.

You are talking through your hole.


No chance.

A brickie on £200 a day will be paying next to fudge all tax and NI. They’re all ‘self employed ‘.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
DragsterDriver wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Nonsense. A lot of them don't pay tax. The economic benefit of Eastern European migration is cost neutral at best.


Absolute crap.
You are saying that Company regulation in the UK is failing. The same % of UK people will also avoid tax.
How does the country survive ?

You are talking through your hole.


A lot of them are low skilled workers earning low wages. They pay very little tax. How many Polish builders do you think pay tax?


Most.

I see them working for on all the major London building projects, I see them heading in for the overnight maintenance on the tubes, I see them digging the streets of London. They pay tax, because they are in the system

I see them forming companies, and working for themselves. As these companies are still trading a couple of years later I assume they are complying with company legislation just like small time british companies.

A brickie earning £200 a day pays the same amount of tax if not more than an accountant earning £50kpa.

You are talking through your hole.


No chance.

A brickie on £200 a day will be paying next to fudge all tax and NI. They’re all ‘self employed ‘.


To get paid they must sign up to the HMRC CIS system.
HMRC will instruct the contractor to retain an appropriate %.
If the guy wants to claim his tax free allowance he must make a tax return.

You are talking through your hole.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24240
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
You’re talking through your hole :)

Once you claim for everything under the sun the tax and ni is minimal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48657
Direct you to the EU 8:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ketuk/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
bimboman wrote:


:thumbup:
I believe there was also a BoE assessment done on the impact of Eastern European migration which concluded it was cost neutral.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2859
I will keep this simple for the usual proBrexit simpletons on this thread. EU migrants contribute £1.34 for every £1 they cost. They are significant net contributors to the UK economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/06/news/ec ... index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
The simpleton can't differentiate between EU 14 and Eastern European migration. The former is made up of generally high skilled migrants while the latter has a high proportion of low skilled migrants hence their net economic benefits aren't as great.


Last edited by TranceNRG on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16214
Location: #68
Do you have the stats handy there on the split?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48657
Nobleman wrote:
I will keep this simple for the usual proBrexit simpletons on this thread. EU migrants contribute £1.34 for every £1 they cost. They are significant net contributors to the UK economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/06/news/ec ... index.html



And if we take away the Frnch banker ?

I've given the earnings details above.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 41028
bimboman wrote:
Nobleman wrote:
I will keep this simple for the usual proBrexit simpletons on this thread. EU migrants contribute £1.34 for every £1 they cost. They are significant net contributors to the UK economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/06/news/ec ... index.html



And if we take away the Frnch banker ?

I've given the earnings details above.

How many French bankers Vs how many Polish brickies ?

In any statistical analysis the mean will tend towards the many, not the few.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4159
TranceNRG wrote:
The simpleton can't differentiate between EU 14 and Eastern European migration. The former is made up of generally high skilled migrants while the latter as a high proportion of low skilled migrants hence their net economic benefits aren't as great.


If only we didn't need them and the predominantly brexit voting unemployed would take those seasonal jobs.

Boris Johnsons speech/threats inspired me to remember how much he and David Davis have failed to deliver the Brexit promised and voted for, therefore, we really must have another referendum on what they actually deliver. If it doesn't go ahead it will just be due to their failure to convince people and get the deal they thought they could. If it does go ahead with a hard border in Ireland we might finally have a use for those water cannons he bought.


Last edited by Petej on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2859
TranceNRG wrote:
The simpleton can't differentiate between EU 14 and Eastern European migration. The former is made up of generally high skilled migrants while the latter has a high proportion of low skilled migrants hence their net economic benefits aren't as great.


But they’re still net contributors and without them the economy would be worse off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 979
Well hopefully some of the 52% people have spoken-takers can now shed their tracksuit bottoms and don a suit or a hospital uniform and replace the hard-working, net-contributing EU migrants.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48657
The EU 8 are not earning as an average enough to be "net " contributors to the exchequer.regardless of Noblemans protestations otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4159
bimboman wrote:
The EU 8 are not earning as an average enough to be "net " contributors to the exchequer.regardless of Noblemans protestations otherwise.

We really need to stop migration from outside the EU stopped as they are not net contributors. Particularly if they are old.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
bimboman wrote:


Your argument was that they receive more in benefits than they contribute.
There is nothing in that survey to back up your claim.
I do note though that the survey indicates the lowest unemployment figure is amongst the EU8.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
The EU 8 are not earning as an average enough to be "net " contributors to the exchequer.regardless of Noblemans protestations otherwise.

We really need to stop migration from outside the EU stopped as they are not net contributors. Particularly if they are old.


It's quite difficult for non EU migrants to get work visas in the UK so those who do get them tend to be highly skilled. The non EU work permit holders would be comfortably earning much higher wages than Eastern European workers. Of course it's a different stroy for non EU spouces and those granted visas for humanitarian reasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
TranceNRG wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
The EU 8 are not earning as an average enough to be "net " contributors to the exchequer.regardless of Noblemans protestations otherwise.

We really need to stop migration from outside the EU stopped as they are not net contributors. Particularly if they are old.


It's quite difficult for non EU migrants to get work visas in the UK so those who do get them tend to be highly skilled. The non EU work permit holders would be comfortably earning much higher wages than Eastern European workers. Of course it's a different stroy for non EU spouces and those granted visas for humanitarian reasons.


There is a huge portion of non-working non-EU immigrants.
A stereotype of them is a veil and a gaggle of children. These are the benefits collectors. Tax credits and free housing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
Leinster in London wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
The EU 8 are not earning as an average enough to be "net " contributors to the exchequer.regardless of Noblemans protestations otherwise.

We really need to stop migration from outside the EU stopped as they are not net contributors. Particularly if they are old.


It's quite difficult for non EU migrants to get work visas in the UK so those who do get them tend to be highly skilled. The non EU work permit holders would be comfortably earning much higher wages than Eastern European workers. Of course it's a different stroy for non EU spouces and those granted visas for humanitarian reasons.


There is a huge portion of non-working non-EU immigrants.
A stereotype of them is a veil and a gaggle of children. These are the benefits collectors. Tax credits and free housing.


Yeah not the ones that come with work visas. Hardly a surprise that a lot of those who came as rufugees or due to family reasons are unemployed. At least with the non EU, they can control that now but not the low skilled EU wprkers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


The vast majority of poles who rocked up here were single.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10257
Location: Sunny London
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


And they claim they 'helped to build the country' because the country would have gone to the dogs without them you know. This is usually repeated by those on the left.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Leinster in London wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


The vast majority of poles who rocked up here were single.


I'm not just talking about Poles.

...and when everyone realised what a good deal the UK would provide, their families came across.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
TranceNRG wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


And they claim they 'helped to build the country' because the country would have gone to the dogs without them you know. This is usually repeated by those on the left.


Or the other one is "they are doing jobs British people don't want to do"

Which is patent bollocks and demonisation of the British working class and youth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
....and people still scratch their heads as to why you can't get a school place or you have to wait 6 hours in A&E.

Must be Brexit's fault, eh? Or that bloke Trump, we'll blame everyone and everything else except the real cause.

Fecking lefties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6298
100MileDad wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


The vast majority of poles who rocked up here were single.


I'm not just talking about Poles.

...and when everyone realised what a good deal the UK would provide, their families came across.


Well we are still discussing whether it is fair that the UK should provide pension support for the parent or grandparents of polish people working in this country. So feck off quoting me if you want to discuss something else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48657
Quote:
Your argument was that they receive more in benefits than they contribute.
There is nothing in that survey to back up your claim.
I do note though that the survey indicates the lowest unemployment figure is amongst the EU8.





LiL, considering you'd need to be in the top 2/5ths of the population to be a net contributor after benefits those stats above are perfectly fine. That figure by the way is about 39k and upwards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 979
:shock:
Anonymous. wrote:
To much fog to know for sure what would be best financially. However I do not want to be a European . I want to be British and will vote to leave

If you are British then you are European whether you like it or not


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
shereblue wrote:
:shock:
Anonymous. wrote:
To much fog to know for sure what would be best financially. However I do not want to be a European . I want to be British and will vote to leave

If you are British then you are European whether you like it or not


Just because you're born in a stable, it doesn't make you a horse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10601
Location: Bucks
100MileDad wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


And they claim they 'helped to build the country' because the country would have gone to the dogs without them you know. This is usually repeated by those on the left.


Or the other one is "they are doing jobs British people don't want to do"

Which is patent bollocks and demonisation of the British working class and youth.

In its London context, it was/is a tacit admission that the jobs were/are being offered at rates of pay so poor that you cannot afford to have a standard of living that isn't third world, meaning not unreasonably that people from a first world country are reluctant to take up the jobs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 41028
croyals wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
I love how people still think that a family can rock up, take a minimum wage job, get family allowance, get working tax credits, get free education and free healthcare and people think they are still putting more into the system than they take out.


And they claim they 'helped to build the country' because the country would have gone to the dogs without them you know. This is usually repeated by those on the left.


Or the other one is "they are doing jobs British people don't want to do"

Which is patent bollocks and demonisation of the British working class and youth.

In its London context, it was/is a tacit admission that the jobs were/are being offered at rates of pay so poor that you cannot afford to have a standard of living that isn't third world, meaning not unreasonably that people from a first world country are reluctant to take up the jobs.

Surely that is the purpose of a minimum wage, and if people need a SW top up because they are being paid below the minimum wage the firm involved should be prosecuted by the state ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1525, 1526, 1527, 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531 ... 1723  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBB, Bert, BillW, Bokkom, Ewinkum, Google Adsense [Bot], JB1981, JPNZ, Margin_Walker, mojo, Pat the Ex Mat, Peaches, Shrekles, The Native, Thomas, towny, Wilderbeast and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group