Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1521, 1522, 1523, 1524, 1525, 1526, 1527 ... 2176  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm 

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/p ... f4e81fc180

Don't say you weren't warned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 pm 

You don't understand "cost" do you ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 pm 

I'm not sure why some Remainers just can't get it into their head that it's not just about the money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 pm 

Surely we will need US intervention with the NHS in order to save us from the chlorinated chickens. :|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:58 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pmqs-theresa-may-nhs_uk_5a7afd58e4b07af4e81fc180

Don't say you weren't warned.

We were warned of an economic collapse post not joining the Euro, shall we wait and see.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:58 pm 

Update: In a press briefing three hours after PMQs ended, the Prime Minister’s Official Spokesman flagged up an answer May had given on February 1 2017, when Corbyn had asked her the same question. “A simple and straightforward reply is what is required: the NHS is not for sale and it never will be,” said May.

The spokesman added:

“Any trade deal would ensure that decisions about public services continue to be made by UK governments and not trade partners. The UK’s public health sector is protected by specific exceptions and reservations in all EU trade agreements and as we leave the EU the UK will continue to ensure that rigorous protections for the NHS are included in all trade agreements it is party to.”

Pretty much covers it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:02 pm 

NickC wrote:
Update: In a press briefing three hours after PMQs ended, the Prime Minister’s Official Spokesman flagged up an answer May had given on February 1 2017, when Corbyn had asked her the same question. “A simple and straightforward reply is what is required: the NHS is not for sale and it never will be,” said May.

The spokesman added:

“Any trade deal would ensure that decisions about public services continue to be made by UK governments and not trade partners. The UK’s public health sector is protected by specific exceptions and reservations in all EU trade agreements and as we leave the EU the UK will continue to ensure that rigorous protections for the NHS are included in all trade agreements it is party to.”

Pretty much covers it.

Shame, id give it to the Swiss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:13 pm 

bimboman wrote:
NickC wrote:

The spokesman added:

Pretty much covers it.

Good idea
Make it legal to give yourself a lethal injection.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:13 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
I'm not sure why some Remainers just can't get it into their head that it's not just about the money.

Well, yes - fair point I suppose.

Shame there can't be a bit more honesty and rather than pretend we can have cake and eat it, we could admit that leaving will have financial implications - lay out what they might be - but state that we will have control over immigration, sovereignty and whatever people wanted, which is why we are pressing ahead.

Brexiters can't seem to get it into their head that millions of people can't be silenced with "get over it and be optimistic" with seemingly no tangible future benefits other than blue passports.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:26 pm 

SamShark wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

Shame there can't be a bit more honesty and rather than pretend we can have cake and eat it, we could admit that leaving will have financial implications - lay out what they might be - but state that we will have control over immigration, sovereignty and whatever people wanted, which is why we are pressing ahead.

Brexiters can't seem to get it into their head that millions of people can't be silenced with "get over it and be optimistic" with seemingly no tangible future benefits other than blue passports.

For better or worse we're all Brexiters now. I hope we make the best of it and can replace any lost business with the EU with more trade with the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:33 pm 

100MileDad wrote:

It was never about the money. It was about the immigration.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:39 pm 

Leinster in London wrote:
bimboman wrote:
NickC wrote:

The spokesman added:

Pretty much covers it.

Good idea
Make it legal to give yourself a lethal injection.

Allowing the terminally ill to end their life would be a really progressive move I’d be happy with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 pm 

Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

For better or worse we're all Brexiters now. I hope we make the best of it and can replace any lost business with the EU with more trade with the rest of the world.

That seems highly unlikely though and again as said above, maybe many Brexit voters couldn't give a shit about whether trade suffers as their priority was something else just as some people wouldn't give a shit if we are poorer as long as we live in some sort of neo-Marxist society.

I'm not sure the majority of people are ideologues which is why it's a shame we are all forced to make decisions based on fringe pursuits and desires. The Rees-Mogg Brexit is not the Brexit of the guy from the North East who is sick of crap wages and no decent jobs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

It's way more than that, but you're just a monkey that likes to fling his own shit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:55 pm 

Quote:
Brexiters can't seem to get it into their head that millions of people can't be silenced with "get over it and be optimistic"

Brexiters can't seem to get it into their head why Remainers keep failing to understand democracy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

It's way more than that, but you're just a monkey that likes to fling his own shit.

It's mainly about that. You just don't want to admit you're a nationalist and a xenophobe. It wouldn't be a good look.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:00 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
Brexiters can't seem to get it into their head that millions of people can't be silenced with "get over it and be optimistic"

Brexiters can't seem to get it into their head why Remainers keep failing to understand democracy.

Some might back down when faced with the "will of the people" argument, but I don't really care - and indeed what does it matter as I can't do anything about it..

If you believe something is wrong and will be negative for your country/your family then I think you should oppose it.

There's no way Euroscepticism would have ended if it had been just as close but the other way around.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

It's mainly about that. You just don't want to admit you're a nationalist and a xenophobe. It wouldn't be a good look.

But ... didn't Ireland secede from a union it didn't want to be part of? So there are good nationalists and bad nationalists, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:10 pm 

S Club wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

But ... didn't Ireland secede from a union it didn't want to be part of? So there are good nationalists and bad nationalists, I guess.

Secede ?

We had to fight a bloody War of Independence after GB refused to recognise the democratic mandate for independence given in the 1918 GE.

Secede. If only that had been allowed it would have done wonders for subsequent Anglo-Irish relations.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm 

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/secede: "'Secede' implies conflict, which may amount to physical conflict in the case of seceding from a political or religious entity, but which otherwise amounts to some form of disagreement at least by those who secede."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:23 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Secede ?

We had to fight a bloody War of Independence after GB refused to recognise the democratic mandate for independence given in the 1918 GE.

Secede. If only that had been allowed it would have done wonders for subsequent Anglo-Irish relations.

So they refused to let you leave the union, is that right?

Or was there a cake involve in that one too?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 pm 

SamShark wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

Some might back down when faced with the "will of the people" argument, but I don't really care - and indeed what does it matter as I can't do anything about it..

If you believe something is wrong and will be negative for your country/your family then I think you should oppose it.

There's no way Euroscepticism would have ended if it had been just as close but the other way around.

Why do brexiteers fail to understand that winning a tight vote that will lead us to exit the EU does not mean you can't continue to argue for staying in Europe and that having dissenting voices is part of living in a democracy. Perhaps he wishes to silence people and cast them as traitors?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 pm 

Quote:

How are you opposing it in real terms? Whinging doesn't count I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 pm 

La soule wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Secede ?

So they refused to let you leave the union, is that right?

Or was there a cake involve in that one too?

OH there was. We were forced to leave behind by far the richest part of Ireland in an act of begrudgery that echoes down to the present day with the DUP in a cosy relationship with the Tories. In 1920 80% of Irelands industrial output came from the three counties centred on Belfast, so the UK kept it .

They then leased out management of this NI to their Ulster Unionist friends, who managed it so well that today Irelands economic output is 10 times that of NI, and NI itself requires a £ 10 bn subvention annually just to keep the show on the road.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opin ... 65222.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:53 pm 

They do like their cake those indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 pm 

I did enjoy the recent poll that showed that remaining in the EU was favoured by those studying, in full time employment and part time employment and Brexit was favoured by those unemployed and retired. No surprise that those with least to lose in terms of jobs and prospects favour brexit. The economic predictions were entertaining as well with brexit voting regions most affected. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:04 pm 

Petej wrote:
I did enjoy the recent poll that showed that remaining in the EU was favoured by those studying, in full time employment and part time employment and Brexit was favoured by those unemployed and retired. No surprise that those with least to lose in terms of jobs and prospects favour brexit. The economic predictions were entertaining as well with brexit voting regions most affected. :lol:

It's irrelevant what any of those people think.

However, I have began to notice that the powers that be are ramping up the rhetoric and Project Fear II. I won't be surprised, at all, if Brexit doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:13 pm 

Petej wrote:

The whole ref was a farce. It was like asking a yes/no 'should we continue to pay taxes with a bit of a fked tax system?' question. Anyone with any sense (mostly likely tax-payers) would go, 'the current system is a bit fked but we do have to pay taxes if for society to function, so reluctantly yes' and the idiots (most likely non tax-payers) would go 'scorched earth muthafkers'.

Arguing like a brexiteer is fun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Petej wrote:

However, I have began to notice that the powers that be are ramping up the rhetoric and Project Fear II. I won't be surprised, at all, if Brexit doesn't happen.

As stated previously if project fear is just project fear why would a prominent Brexiteer like redwood be giving bad advice to clients in moving money out of the UK?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm 

MrJonno wrote:
Petej wrote:

The whole ref was a farce. It was like asking a yes/no 'should we continue to pay taxes with a bit of a fked tax system?' question. Anyone with any sense (mostly likely tax-payers) would go, 'the current system is a bit fked but we do have to pay taxes if for society to function, so reluctantly yes' and the idiots (most likely non tax-payers) would go 'scorched earth muthafkers'.

Arguing like a brexiteer is fun

Close, although, there was a feeling of "why is the UK contributing so much money to help the working classes of other countries when our working class is getting f**ked over, again.

*I fully expect some middle class twat to bray "who are the working class" or some other nonsense in a few minutes.

Last edited by 100MileDad on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:19 pm 

Petej wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Petej wrote:

As stated previously if project fear is just project fear why would a prominent Brexiteer like redwood be giving bad advice to clients in moving money out of the UK?

One would say that Mr Redwood is only interested in himself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pm 

DAC, is that you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
DAC, is that you?

I was going to ask as well. The character made a random attack on Irishness earlier so there is a high probability.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm 

Quote:
the character made a random attack on Irishness earlier

:lol:

You're getting more Marxist every day....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:34 pm 

La soule wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

Do you still contribute financially to the Anti-FA?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 pm 

100MileDad wrote:
La soule wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

I have never done that actually. Good idea mind, thanks!

Are you well?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm 

La soule wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
La soule wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:

I have never done that actually. Good idea mind, thanks!

Are you well?

I'm dangerously average, LS. I hope you and yours are average too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:40 pm 

That does not sound too good. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm 

Lost in translation.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1521, 1522, 1523, 1524, 1525, 1526, 1527 ... 2176  Next