Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557, 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 2176  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:10 pm 

Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
I note that net EU immigration has fallen to five figures, but non-EU net immigration is rising.
As previously indicated, they are incapable of operating a system over which they have full control of.

Sterling vs Euro.

Still another 300,000 people for the NHS, housing, transport and related education systems to cope with.

Of which 205000 are not from the EU, therefore, have been let in by our government who are betraying those that voted for brexit and immigration control. which backs up the point made that our government is incapable of operating a system over which they have full control. Also, non-EU migrants are far more likely to be spongers.

Indeed. They're not doing great, are Labour voters anti immigration now ? That'll be another disappointment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I note that net EU immigration has fallen to five figures, but non-EU net immigration is rising.
As previously indicated, they are incapable of operating a system over which they have full control of.

Sterling vs Euro.

Still another 300,000 people for the NHS, housing, transport and related education systems to cope with.

Of which 205000 are not from the EU, therefore, have been let in by our government who are betraying those that voted for brexit and immigration control. which backs up the point made that our government is incapable of operating a system over which they have full control. Also, non-EU migrants are far more likely to be spongers.

Indeed. They're not doing great, are Labour voters anti immigration now ? That'll be another disappointment.

I can honestly say you've voted for Corbyn more than I have.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 pm 

Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Sterling vs Euro.

Great, "labour voters" , I've voted Labour once in 1997, you ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:52 pm 

Of course it's important to remember the immigration floodgates were open under Labour. Every man and his dog were allowed in, it's the usual leftwing politics - just let everyone to appear nice without thinking of long term issues. Maybe there was an ulterior motive of increasing the labour vote as everyone knows the poor migrants tend to vote Labour.
Once the flood gates are open, it's hard to stop. Whilst the non EU numbers are still high, I believe they have come down. A lot of those are students too Perhaps they could look to further tighten restrictions when it comes to non EU spouces and refugees but then again lefties wouldn't like those restrictions would they?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
Of course it's important to remember the immigration floodgates were open under Labour. Every man and his dog were allowed in, it's the usual leftwing politics - just let everyone to appear nice without thinking of long term issues. Maybe there was an ulterior motive of increasing the labour vote as everyone knows the poor migrants tend to vote Labour.
Once the flood gates are open, it's hard to stop. Whilst the non EU numbers are still high, I believe they have come down. A lot of those are students too Perhaps they could look to further tighten restrictions when it comes to non EU spouces and refugees but then again lefties wouldn't like those restrictions would they?

You think Blair was left wing?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 am 

There has been agreement at Chequers, and the text has just been leaked :

Quote:
Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)
I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 am 

TranceNRG wrote:

As a senior Brexiteer how do you think its going so far? How much and in what areas has the UK improved because of the vote?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:27 am 

Predictable nonsense. In case you missed everything they are still in the EU and negotiations for the transition period and then the trade deal after are about to begin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am 

TranceNRG wrote:

Quote:
Once the flood gates are open, it's hard to stop.

Well the floodgates are well and truly still open, but the people who claim they want complete control have proved themselves impotent.
Is it not time for resignations ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:34 am 

Well the floodgates are well and truly still open, but the people who claim they want complete control have proved themselves impotent.
Is it not time for resignations ?

Unfortunately, the incumbent Home Secretary upon whose shoulders this rests is not one of those people. Most Leavers would like nothing more than for her to resign in favour of one of those that you're referring to i.e. a actual Brexiteer. In time, post-May I expect the composition of the Government to move in this direction, but for now we just have to make do until we leave.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:04 am 

bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Great, "labour voters" , I've voted Labour once in 1997, you ?
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 am 

sewa wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

As a senior Brexiteer how do you think its going so far? How much and in what areas has the UK improved because of the vote?

If you've never wanted to be part of the United States of Europe then leaving was the only option. Obviously the rest of you guys are happy for ever greater union as you merge into the USE. I do think all of this is a pint of milk going to cost more and are there going to be fewer or more jobs tends to miss that central fact.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:16 am 

It doesn't get talked about any more, but wasn't one of Cameron's pre-referendum "concessions" that there would be a written agreement that Britain didn't ever have to take part in "ever closer union"?

I can appreciate that leaving alltogether is greater protection against that, but the fact that Britain would be forced into it seems to be a myth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:18 am 

Quote:
What the final deal said: "It is recognised that the United Kingdom, in the light of the specific situation it has under the Treaties, is not committed to further political integration into the European Union. The substance of this will be incorporated into the Treaties at the time of their next revision in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaties and the respective constitutional requirements of the Member States, so as to make it clear that the references to ever closer union do not apply to the United Kingdom."

Assessment: Mr Cameron has secured a commitment to exempt Britain from "ever closer union" to be written into the treaties.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am 

SamShark wrote:
It doesn't get talked about any more, but wasn't one of Cameron's pre-referendum "concessions" that there would be a written agreement that Britain didn't ever have to take part in "ever closer union"?

I can appreciate that leaving alltogether is greater protection against that, but the fact that Britain would be forced into it seems to be a myth.

A bit like the EU army was a myth? When we joined the EEC Ted Heath claimed that the UK wouldn't be losing any sovereignty and yet here we are having to jump through hoops to disentangle ourselves. We have always been heading for more Europe and a vote to remain would have been tacit approval of that - which is a perfectly reasonable position to take I might add if this is your thing. I'm just of the view that successive UK Governments have known full well that the public weren't enamoured by the idea which is why we were denied a say on successive EU treaties.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am 

So an attack of Unity has overcome the inner sanctum of the government and they have for now at least
apparently agreed a Brexit position.
Not too sure when it's going to come out, probably after a full cabinet meeting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 am 

c69 wrote:
So an attack of Unity has overcome the inner sanctum of the government and they have for now at least
Not too sure when it's going to come out, probably after a full cabinet meeting.

All positions and none?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am 

TranceNRG wrote:

That's another one blaming Labour for something the Torries are in full control of. Pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 am 

I'm not surprised there are come calls to look into and progress the ideas for an EU army. But I can't see anything happening other than joint ops which we can and do already run. Anything beyond that which would actually see the UK or Germany or France hand over control of their or part of their armed forces simply isn't going to happen, and if we stayed in and anyone ever did ask we'd only have to say no if some idiot ever did ask.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 am 

Gospel wrote:
c69 wrote:

All positions and none?

We will find out after the full Cabinet meeting on Tuesday apparently.
Boris has yet again trotted out that the NHS will benefit from a Brexit dividend post Brexit will be hundreds of millions of pounds a week.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am 

Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

A bit like the EU army was a myth? When we joined the EEC Ted Heath claimed that the UK wouldn't be losing any sovereignty and yet here we are having to jump through hoops to disentangle ourselves. We have always been heading for more Europe and a vote to remain would have been tacit approval of that - which is a perfectly reasonable position to take I might add if this is your thing. I'm just of the view that successive UK Governments have known full well that the public weren't enamoured by the idea which is why we were denied a say on successive EU treaties.

Good post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 am 

bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Sterling vs Euro.

I thought this had been very widely discussed to death at the last election in the context of Labour's reticent and ambiguous position on Brexit. Ring a bell?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:49 am 

The Belgian Government are keen on a TTIP-style deal for the UK:

Quote:
A “Brexit trade note”, meant for diplomats’ eyes only, suggests a Canada-style (CETA) agreement championed by Michel Barnier would be insufficient.

Instead it is far more flattering of a deal based on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), which was thrashed out with Barack Obama but never signed.

The paper, produced by the Belgian government for a meeting of diplomats last week, will prove a huge boost to British negotiators and gives new insight into EU thinking.

It assesses the economic impact Brexit will have on three key European export industries - cars, chemicals and food.

Belgian officials conclude that if they offer Britain a mere replica of CETA, there will “only be limited mutual recognition” of standards.

This would lead to “border testing” and “document checks” on goods travelling between the EU and the UK.

The paper then maps out the same scenario applied to TTIP, which it describes as “the most ambitious attempt to remove non-tariff barriers” ever made.

It predicts that, by contrast, under this type of deal many of the obstacles to trade in both goods and services would be removed.

Last edited by Rugby2023 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:49 am 

bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sterling vs Euro.

...... I've voted Labour once in 1997, you ?

:shock: Reported

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
The Belgian Government are keen on a TTIP-style deal for the UK:

Quote:
A “Brexit trade note”, meant for diplomats’ eyes only, suggests a Canada-style (CETA) agreement championed by Michel Barnier would be insufficient.

Instead it is far more flattering of a deal based on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), which was thrashed out with Barack Obama but never signed.

The paper, produced by the Belgian government for a meeting of diplomats last week, will prove a huge boost to British negotiators and gives new insight into EU thinking.

It assesses the economic impact Brexit will have on three key European export industries - cars, chemicals and food.

Belgian officials conclude that if they offer Britain a mere replica of CETA, there will “only be limited mutual recognition” of standards.

This would lead to “border testing” and “document checks” on goods travelling between the EU and the UK.

The paper then maps out the same scenario applied to TTIP, which it describes as “the most ambitious attempt to remove non-tariff barriers” ever made.

It predicts that, by contrast, under this type of deal many of the obstacles to trade in both goods and services would be removed.

Interesting concept. An abundance of hard negotiating on the detail inevitable. Could certainly extend the sh*tfight on this thread well into the future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am 

Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Eh?

Any "jumping through hoops" is part of an effort to minimise the damage that will inevitably occur when you leave Europe.

You don't have to jump through any hoops if you are happy to have a clean break to WTO rules and you can make all the provisions for a border with Ireland.

This continual notion that the EU has a duty to accommodate British access to European markets is absolute bollocks.

Of course, the loss of Markets in the UK will hurt the EU, but the consequences of allowing Britain to have their cake would be just as damaging and probably more so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am 

For fucks sake. :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:07 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Eh?

Any "jumping through hoops" is part of an effort to minimise the damage that will inevitably occur when you leave Europe.

You don't have to jump through any hoops if you are happy to have a clean break to WTO rules and you can make all the provisions for a border with Ireland.

This continual notion that the EU has a duty to accommodate British access to European markets is absolute bollocks.

Of course, the loss of Markets in the UK will hurt the EU, but the consequences of allowing Britain to have their cake would be just as damaging and probably more so.

Even the TWO year article 50 process is a loss of sovereignty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 am 

Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I'm not sure you've responded directly to my point though.

I didn't say it was a myth, I said Cameron had been offered protection against our involvement in it.

I agree that there isn't a push in the UK for closer union which is why Cameron sought/felt he had been given a concession.

Do you think the concession was a myth?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am 

SamShark wrote:
Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I'm not sure you've responded directly though.

I didn't say it was a myth, I said Cameron had been offered protection against our involvement in it.

I agree that there isn't a push in the UK for closer union which is why Cameron felt he had been given a concession.

The concession was a fudge, I sure "closer union" could be interpreted very differantly by differant people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 am 

So Theresa May has made a u turn on yet another of her so-called red lines. EU citizens will have full freedom of movement to the UK during the indefinite transition period.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/may- ... -990md799r

Indefinite standstill transition with freedom of movement, full ECJ jurisdiction and adherence to all EU regulations = continued membership but with no vote.

Well done Brexiters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:46 am 

So I see ConDUP are trying to tear up the good friday agreement

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:48 am 

nardol wrote:
So I see ConDUP are trying to tear up the good friday agreement

Are they ? Blimey.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:49 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I agree that there isn't a push in the UK for closer union which is why Cameron felt he had been given a concession.

The concession was a fudge, I sure "closer union" could be interpreted very differantly by differant people.

Nobody cares, bro.

It's much more fun when you go into a voice-breaking, arm-flapping meltdown.

So how about it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am 

Nobleman wrote:
So Theresa May has made a u turn on yet another of her so-called red lines. EU citizens will have full freedom of movement to the UK during the indefinite transition period.

Indefinite standstill transition with freedom of movement, full ECJ jurisdiction and adherence to all EU regulations = continued membership but with no vote.

Well done Brexiters.

"Indefinite" where's that stated ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

Well done Brexiters.

Keep up.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brit ... -x6zlvblpc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Nobleman wrote:

Well done Brexiters.

It would be even more impressive if we do that and end up paying even more as maggie's rebate will end. Comes back to the basic issue that Brexit is undefined and was during the vote. Like a fantasy that once you reach for it you damage the perfection of it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 pm 

“Examining proposals”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 pm 

MungoMan wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Gospel wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Nobody cares, bro.

It's much more fun when you go into a voice-breaking, arm-flapping meltdown.

So how about it?

How about you fûck off somewhere relevant.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 pm 

How does the umlaut change the pronunciation of that dragster? Fueck off?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557, 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 2176  Next