Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1678, 1679, 1680, 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684 ... 2176  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:11 am 

SamShark wrote:
Luckily it's only on this thread that we discuss this. There's no debate, controversy or concern anywhere else - everyone is loving a bit of Brexit.

For the most part, Britain is moving on. Most moderate remainers have given up the ghost of a 2nd referendum, resolving to get on make the best of it. What's left is a noisy minority of hardcore remainers on social media led by undemocratic loons like Blair & Campbell in the MSM.

bimboman wrote:
Is it the ferry or something interesting ?

I'm not sure you have to register, but I presume the relevant part is below. It doesn't sound all that significant tbh.

Spoiler: show
Quote:
CLdN, a Luxembourg-based shipping company, has introduced two “mega vessels” on new direct freight routes between Dublin with the Belgian port of Zeebrugge and the Dutch port of Rotterdam.

Irish Continental Group will boost weekly freight capacity from 120 to 1,155 trucks between Dublin and the French port of Cherbourg this summer. Brittany ferries will this month start a service between Cork and Santander in Spain

“In anticipation of Brexit, the shipping community was looking for alternative solutions” CLdN told the Financial Times.

Freight between the two countries will continue to be busy even if the direct routes do lessen the traffic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:37 am 

Quote:
The British public are overwhelmingly willing to ditch plans for a post-Brexit trade deal with the United States in order to protect the UK’s high food safety standards

American trade negotiators are expected to demand Britain opens its markets to US foodstuffs that are currently illegal under EU rules as the price of a free trade agreement. Practices banned in the EU but currently widespread in the US including chlorine-washed chickens, hormone-treated beef, meat from animals fed on chicken faeces and crops washed with controversial herbicide chemicals.

A recent US trade department appraisal of EU safety regulations complained of “costly and burdensome” stipulations in European regulations on meat and described aspects of the EU’s regulations on the use of chemicals as “simply unnecessary”.

When asked whether ditching current standards would be a price worth paying for a deal, a full 82 per cent of the public said keeping current regulations in place should take priority – even if they killed a deal – compared to just 8 per cent who said a free trade agreement with the US should go ahead.

Theresa May’s trade chief, Liam Fox, has defended the possible legalisation of banned US agricultural practices, telling MPs that he was “a great believer in giving the public a choice over what they are eating” and that “there are no health reasons why you couldn’t eat chickens that have been washed in chlorinated water”. The international trade secretary has said the media are “obsessed” with such meat.

The polling, commissioned by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) and conducted by Opinium, also shows that the public favour alignment with EU regulations to secure a better trade deal with the EU. A wider report drawn up by the progressive think tank also shows Leave and Remain voters are equally opposed to any reduction in food standards.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:47 am 

What animal eats chicken shit? x(

I wonder if they all go vegetarian when in the US. I've never had a problem eating there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am 

This chlorine washed chicken stuff is another exaggeration by remainers and certain media. I've heard experts talk about this and the concensus was that it wasn't a big deal. Anyway I say there should be an independent panel in the UK deciding whether it's acceptable or not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
This chlorine washed chicken stuff is another exaggeration by remainers and certain media. I've heard experts talk about this and the concensus was that it wasn't a big deal.

The polling company were obviously just unlucky that they interviewed 2000 arch remoaners who ignore experts instead of proper people.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
This chlorine washed chicken stuff is another exaggeration by remainers and certain media. I've heard experts talk about this and the concensus was that it wasn't a big deal. Anyway I say there should be an independent panel in the UK deciding whether it's acceptable or not.

Not really. The Independent reports on the actual position of the US.

www.independent.co.uk/news/business/new ... ce=Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:34 am 

TranceNRG wrote:

So the will of the people does not matter anymore? An independent panel, experts most likely, should decide hey?

Hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 am 

La soule wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

So the will of the people does not matter anymore? An independent panel, experts most likely, should decide hey?

Hilarious.

If the experts say something that doesn't please Liam Fox, we'll revert back to the will of the people.

Easy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am 

And by the way, I do acknowledge to a point that "chlorinated chicken" is an easy line to trot out if you are pro remain, but it's just another example of the reality that the Brexit campaigners failed to acknowledge.

We are not in a position to tell the USA what trade deal WE want.

Quite the opposite - we are the smaller partner, and a bit desperate to sign something.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:50 am 

Blue passports.

Sunlit uplands.

Cake and eat it.

Chlorinated chicken.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:51 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Blue passports.

Sunlit uplands.

Cake and eat it.

Chlorinated chicken.

Two those will actually happen!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:07 am 

SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Blue passports.

Sunlit uplands.

Cake and eat it.

Chlorinated chicken.

Pigs arse it will.

The smart money is on blue chicken and chlorinated cake.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:10 am 

Quote:
Quote:
CLdN, a Luxembourg-based shipping company, has introduced two “mega vessels” on new direct freight routes between Dublin with the Belgian port of Zeebrugge and the Dutch port of Rotterdam.

Irish Continental Group will boost weekly freight capacity from 120 to 1,155 trucks between Dublin and the French port of Cherbourg this summer. Brittany ferries will this month start a service between Cork and Santander in Spain

“In anticipation of Brexit, the shipping community was looking for alternative solutions” CLdN told the Financial Times.

Freight between the two countries will continue to be busy even if the direct routes do lessen the traffic.

:lol: , crikey they're desperate, this story has been recycled more times in differant guises , does it go on to say that in the summer one of the vessels will be given over to holiday makers and Jane Macdonald, :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am 

Quote:
When asked whether ditching current standards would be a price worth paying for a deal, a full 82 per cent of the public said keeping current regulations in place should take priority – even if they killed a deal – compared to just 8 per cent who said a free trade agreement with the US should go ahead.

When asked if they wanted all food standards scrapped they suprisingly said no ?

It's f ucking desperate now.

I wonder what the poll would read if they were asked ;

Should a massively beneficial trade deal rest on whether we have the choice to eat chicken that's been washed in the same way your packaged salad is ?

Last edited by bimboman on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 am 

Promising people Brexit will make them richer, more influential, get rid of immigrants, better funded public services, easy quick trade deals, the same access to trade with Europe, no transition needed, go whistle for money.

Not desperate.

Asking people to comment on the trade arrangements that the USA have openly stated they want.

Desperate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:23 am 

Desperate dick wads everywhere. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:23 am 

MungoMan wrote:
SamShark wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Blue passports.

Sunlit uplands.

Cake and eat it.

Chlorinated chicken.

Pigs arse it will.

The smart money is on blue chicken and chlorinated cake.

Blue Waffles.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 am 

SamShark wrote:
Promising people Brexit will make them richer, more influential, get rid of immigrants, better funded public services, easy quick trade deals, the same access to trade with Europe, no transition needed, go whistle for money.

Not desperate.

Asking people to comment on the trade arrangements that the USA have openly stated they want.

Desperate.

:lol: , wonderful. Everytime I think about my vote and being a remainer then I read your posts and wonder what company I was keeping.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:36 am 

SamShark wrote:
And by the way, I do acknowledge to a point that "chlorinated chicken" is an easy line to trot out if you are pro remain, but it's just another example of the reality that the Brexit campaigners failed to acknowledge.

Quite the opposite - we are the smaller partner, and a bit desperate to sign something.

You're being hysterical again. These negotiations have only just begun and what will be in the deal hasn't been finalised. And I don't buy in to this remainer logic that the smaller partner is always at a disadvantage. If that was the case Switzerland would be losing with all the trade deals they've signed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 am 

USA is UK's vassal state, stands to reason :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Not desperate.

Desperate.

:lol: , wonderful. Everytime I think about my vote and being a remainer then I read your posts and wonder what company I was keeping.

I've no idea what that's supposed to mean, but probably agree with you that - aside from rugby - we don't seem to have much in common.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:59 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
SamShark wrote:

You're being hysterical again. These negotiations have only just begun and what will be in the deal hasn't been finalised. And I don't buy in to this remainer logic that the smaller partner is always at a disadvantage. If that was the case Switzerland would be losing with all the trade deals they've signed.

I suggest you and Bimbo stop referring to Switzerland as if you have the slightest clue about the place. If you want a case study on the type of shit sandwich smaller parties to trade deals are forced to eat, you need look no further than the most recent Swiss deal with the Chinese. For example, one aspect of the deal is that the Chinese get immediate access to Swiss markets for their exports, while the Swiss have to wait upto 15 years for reciprocal access in some areas.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:02 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I do hysterical, you do delusional.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 pm 

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Not desperate.

Desperate.

I've no idea what that's supposed to mean, but probably agree with you that - aside from rugby - we don't seem to have much in common.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 pm 

SamShark wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I do hysterical, you do delusional.

I'm not delusional. I'm pragmatic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:05 pm 

derriz wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I suggest you and Bimbo stop referring to Switzerland as if you have the slightest clue about the place. If you want a case study on the type of shit sandwich smaller parties to trade deals are forced to eat, you need look no further than the most recent Swiss deal with the Chinese. For example, one aspect of the deal is that the Chinese get immediate access to Swiss markets for their exports, while the Swiss have to wait upto 15 years for reciprocal access in some areas.

the Swiss seem happy. That'll be the 19th FTA for Switzerland, they're negotiating 7 more. I suggest you go there and discover how direct democracy and an decent attitude towards trade makes for a wonderful country and pretty good society.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:06 pm 

And your point is?

The Swiss had a pretty good society and contented outlook before they did any trade deals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:09 pm 

shereblue wrote:
And your point is?

The Swiss had a pretty good society and contented outlook before they did any trade deals

Historically they're a very poor country. theyre conservative, they're thrifty and work hard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:32 pm 

Zico wrote:

The Dandy has become a lot more risqué since I was a boy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 pm 

The Man Without Fear wrote:
Zico wrote:

The Dandy has become a lot more risqué since I was a boy.

Cocky the Cat and Little Plums as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:26 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

When asked if they wanted all food standards scrapped they suprisingly said no ?

Should a massively beneficial trade deal rest on whether we have the choice to eat chicken that's been washed in the same way your packaged salad is ?

I wonder what the Brexit poll would have read too if they had had the decency to ask an honest question.

And stop pretending you voted remain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:29 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

I wonder what the Brexit poll would have read too if they had had the decency to ask an honest question.

Makes no sense as usual La Soule, well done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:31 pm 

bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:
And your point is?

Historically they're a very poor country. theyre conservative, they're thrifty and work hard.

Note for self: do not forget that the Swiss are known for being poor, one of the poorest nations in the world.

They have no service economy and are surviving on hands out from Germany, France and even Italy to survive.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:32 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Makes no sense as usual La Soule, well done.

Nobody appears to understand you so I feel fine.

You are getting worst by the page.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:35 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:
And your point is?

Note for self: do not forget that the Swiss are known for being poor, one of the poorest nations in the world.

They have no service economy and are surviving on hands out from Germany, France and even Italy to survive.

Dear lord you're so stupid. You don't even know the most basic history of a neighbouring country to yours.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:40 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
shereblue wrote:
And your point is?

Dear lord you're so stupid. You don't even know the most basic history of a neighbouring country to yours.

Of you are right. Liechtenstein and Luxembourg are actually above them.

My mistake.

By historically, you mean the dark ages?

I am always highly amused to see you calling half of the posters on this thread stupid.

You have no self awareness whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:04 pm 

Quote:

My mistake.

I am always highly amused to see you calling half of the posters on this thread stupid.

Above them in what ?

No I mean even the first half of the 20th century. But certainly the 19th century.

I don't any awareness to call you stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:18 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

My mistake.

Above them in what ?

No I mean even the first half of the 20th century. But certainly the 19th century.

:lol: :lol: in his native tongue to a foreigner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:30 pm 

Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

My mistake.

Above them in what ?

I worked in the city with loads of multi lingual idiots. The ability to speak a second language doesn't correlate to not being a moron, it does make them feel a bit "special" often enough.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:34 pm 

Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

My mistake.

Above them in what ?

Fecking hopeless he is.

And so wrong, so often. Bordering on total ignorance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1678, 1679, 1680, 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684 ... 2176  Next