Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1679, 1680, 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684, 1685 ... 2176  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:37 pm 

:lol: "bordering" ....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:38 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Petej wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Of you are right. Liechtenstein and Luxembourg are actually above them.

My mistake.

By historically, you mean the dark ages?

I am always highly amused to see you calling half of the posters on this thread stupid.

You have no self awareness whatsoever.

Above them in what ?

No I mean even the first half of the 20th century. But certainly the 19th century.

I don't any awareness to call you stupid.

:lol: :lol: in his native tongue to a foreigner.

I worked in the city with loads of multi lingual idiots. The ability to speak a second language doesn't correlate to not being a moron, it does make them feel a bit "special" often enough.

I prefer that to not being able to speak any languages at all, including my mother tongue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:38 pm 

bimboman wrote:

So, Switzerland is historically a poor country then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:39 pm 

Quote:
I prefer that to not being able to speak any languages at all, including my mother tongue

We know you'd prefer to be a moron. Demonstrable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:40 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Yes historically very poor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 pm 

Bimbos point was

the Swiss seem happy. That'll be the 19th FTA for Switzerland, they're negotiating 7 more. I suggest you go there and discover how direct democracy and an decent attitude towards trade makes for a wonderful country and pretty good society.

I might accept that the Cantonal system has done them well but that is long established (and you are now questioning any longstanding historical prosperity for the Swiss anyway!)

What is clear is that Switzerland has been a decent and prosperous country since well before its only recent trade deal frenzy nullifying the relevance of your FTA observation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:44 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

You saying this a 1000 times in your head does not make it true, you realise that right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:52 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

You saying this a 1000 times in your head does not make it true, you realise that right?

Do some reading.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:55 pm 

shereblue wrote:
Bimbos point was

the Swiss seem happy. That'll be the 19th FTA for Switzerland, they're negotiating 7 more. I suggest you go there and discover how direct democracy and an decent attitude towards trade makes for a wonderful country and pretty good society.

I might accept that the Cantonal system has done them well but that is long established (and you are now questioning any longstanding historical prosperity for the Swiss anyway!)

What is clear is that Switzerland has been a decent and prosperous country since well before its only recent trade deal frenzy nullifying the relevance of your FTA observation

It doesn't nullify it, the "outward" attitude to trade 20th century onwards is demonstrated by the trade deals and even more recent success.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:55 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Do some reading.

I have, and you are wrong, again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm 

But I'm not La Soule , you're retarded.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:29 pm 

Tbh Switzerland was a very poor Country even 100 years ago. The history of its rise to such wealth as it has now is quite remarkable.
I don't even think that is debatable tbh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:44 pm 

Swiss miracle started mid 19th century. Switzerland was created in 1848.

Even if you were to be correct, and that they were still poor a 100 years ago, how does that make them historically poor considering they have been one of the richest nation in Europe for most of their histoty?

So yes, it is debatable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm 

La soule wrote:

Even if you were to be correct, and that they were still poor a 100 years ago, how does that make them historically poor considering they have been one of the richest nation in Europe for most of their histoty?

So yes, it is debatable.

1648 ....

There first confederacy was 1291 .... Why don't you even check these things ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:03 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:

So yes, it is debatable.

1648 ....

Switzerland is a federal state since 1848, date at which they started to turn things around.

Before that, it was a collection of cantons bound by treaties.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:08 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:

So yes, it is debatable.

1648 ....

Switzerland is a federal state since 1848, date at which they started to turn things around.

We will just ignore all the previous federations because it doesn't suit your argument.... :lol:

Even then it was very poor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:13 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:

So yes, it is debatable.

1648 ....

We will just ignore all the previous federations because it doesn't suit your argument.... :lol:

No, we will ignore them because they were different than the entity that is known today as Switzerland.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:25 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:

So yes, it is debatable.

1648 ....

No, we will ignore them because they were different than the entity that is known today as Switzerland.

Yeah, that's silly. It was known as Switzerland in the 14th century wasn't it ? If not what was it called ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:39 pm 

Barclays getting jittery.......tick, tock, tick, tock....

Quote:
Barclays is preparing to split its euro rates trading team because of Brexit and plans to move part of the unit that trades eurozone government bonds and interest rate swaps away from its main trading floor in London. The shift is designed to allow Barclays to continue trading euro securities with European clients even if the UK crashes out of the EU in March 2019 with no trade deal or transition agreement to maintain access to the bloc’s single market. The plan highlights the level of uncertainty over the City of London’s position as the dominant centre for trading euro securities. The European Commission and European Central Bank are pushing for the EU to retain direct oversight over clearing such assets.
The British bank is planning to make Dublin its main EU hub outside London, adding 150 to 200 more staff in a new office building in the Irish capital. It is also beefing up its legal status to become a standalone subsidiary with its own capital and regulatory oversight. Jes Staley, chief executive of Barclays, plans to visit Dublin this week to discuss its Brexit plans and to view its new Molesworth Street office in the heart of the city, with capacity for up to 400 people. The bank’s new euro rates trading desk is likely to be based in one of its other European offices, such as Frankfurt or Paris. These will soon be converted from branches of its London headquarters to become offshoots of its new Irish subsidiary. Mr Staley has consistently said the impact of Brexit on the bank is minor compared with the work it has done to comply with UK ringfencing rules and US intermediate holding company requirements.

https://www.ft.com/content/07e374e4-3b0 ... 972418fec4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:48 pm 

Quote:
The bank’s new euro rates trading desk is likely to be based in one of its other European offices, such as Frankfurt or Paris.

How shite is Dublin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

bimboman wrote:

Yeah, that's silly. It was known as Switzerland in the 14th century wasn't it ? If not what was it called ?

Swiss confederacy I think.

Geneva, Neuchatel & Valais joined the federation in the early 19th century and represent a decent chunk of Switzerland as we know it today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:53 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Geneva, Neuchatel & Valais joined the federation in the early 19th century and represent a decent chunk of Switzerland as we know it today.

:lol: , so Switzerland then ! :lol: , you fool.

And even here you're not being totally honest :

Quote:
On March 12, 1529, Valais became an associate member (Zugewandter Ort) of the Swiss Confederation.[3]

Last edited by bimboman on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:56 pm 

La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

And Mulhouse left the Confederacy by popular vote in 1798.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:56 pm 

bimboman wrote:
La soule wrote:
bimboman wrote:

:lol: , so Switzerland then ! :lol: , you fool.

Whatever. Bored now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:57 pm 

bimboman wrote:
I suggest you go there and discover how direct democracy and an decent attitude towards trade makes for a wonderful country and pretty good society.

I've been living in Switzerland for the last 8 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:59 pm 

derriz wrote:
bimboman wrote:
I suggest you go there and discover how direct democracy and an decent attitude towards trade makes for a wonderful country and pretty good society.

Super stuff. Then you'll know then. Ask some locals how rich their grandparents were.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:07 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:
The bank’s new euro rates trading desk is likely to be based in one of its other European offices, such as Frankfurt or Paris.

How shite is Dublin.

So shite that the Frankfurt and Paris offices are going to be branches of the Dublin office.

Quote:
The bank’s new euro rates trading desk is likely to be based in one of its other European offices, such as Frankfurt or Paris. These will soon be converted from branches of its London headquarters to become offshoots of its new Irish subsidiary.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:09 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

How shite is Dublin.

So shite that the Frankfurt and Paris offices are going to be branches of the Dublin office.

Quote:
The bank’s new euro rates trading desk is likely to be based in one of its other European offices, such as Frankfurt or Paris. These will soon be converted from branches of its London headquarters to become offshoots of its new Irish subsidiary.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:12 pm 

Bimbo: Super stuff. Then you'll know then. Ask some locals how rich their grandparents were.

On second thoughts, don't bother.

The Swiss aren't the types to discuss how rich they are, let alone how rich their grandparents were. They don't really care for American banker types.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:14 pm 

bimboman wrote:
derriz wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Super stuff. Then you'll know then. Ask some locals how rich their grandparents were.

Seems like a lot of bother. Living and working with Swiss people for years and having Swiss family just won't compare with the deep insights you provide on the country.

I've no idea why you'd suggest I'd ask a Swiss person such a question. Maybe you're imagining some argument you're having with me?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:15 pm 

shereblue wrote:

The Swiss aren't the types to discuss how rich they are, let alone how rich their grandparents were. They don't really care for American banker types.

Their grandparents would be , what , 65, 70 years old ? So they'd have been 20 in 1968, and amongst the paupers of Europe according to Bimbo.

Switzerland was such a poor country in 1968 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get off the stage, Bimbo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:50 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Barclays getting jittery.......tick, tock, tick, tock....

Quote:
Barclays is preparing to split its euro rates trading team because of Brexit and plans to move part of the unit that trades eurozone government bonds and interest rate swaps away from its main trading floor in London. The shift is designed to allow Barclays to continue trading euro securities with European clients even if the UK crashes out of the EU in March 2019 with no trade deal or transition agreement to maintain access to the bloc’s single market. The plan highlights the level of uncertainty over the City of London’s position as the dominant centre for trading euro securities. The European Commission and European Central Bank are pushing for the EU to retain direct oversight over clearing such assets.
The British bank is planning to make Dublin its main EU hub outside London, adding 150 to 200 more staff in a new office building in the Irish capital. It is also beefing up its legal status to become a standalone subsidiary with its own capital and regulatory oversight. Jes Staley, chief executive of Barclays, plans to visit Dublin this week to discuss its Brexit plans and to view its new Molesworth Street office in the heart of the city, with capacity for up to 400 people. The bank’s new euro rates trading desk is likely to be based in one of its other European offices, such as Frankfurt or Paris. These will soon be converted from branches of its London headquarters to become offshoots of its new Irish subsidiary. Mr Staley has consistently said the impact of Brexit on the bank is minor compared with the work it has done to comply with UK ringfencing rules and US intermediate holding company requirements.

https://www.ft.com/content/07e374e4-3b0 ... 972418fec4

Jittery? It was expected such split in operations would occur for the banks. Though the whole sale move of banks out of London never ocurred as some predicted. The least healthiest thing here is how you jump on any snippet of information as part of your Brexit is doom fantasy for the UK.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:15 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

How shite is Dublin.

Quote:

Does that mean brass plate in Dublin, with traders in Frankfurt/Paris?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:15 pm 

derriz wrote:
bimboman wrote:
derriz wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Seems like a lot of bother. Living and working with Swiss people for years and having Swiss family just won't compare with the deep insights you provide on the country.

I've no idea why you'd suggest I'd ask a Swiss person such a question. Maybe you're imagining some argument you're having with me?

It was in regard to the conversation I was having regarding Swiss history which apprantly you need 8 years living there to absorb.

I can see you've developed their humour and sense of irony though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:21 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
shereblue wrote:

Their grandparents would be , what , 65, 70 years old ? So they'd have been 20 in 1968, and amongst the paupers of Europe according to Bimbo.

Switzerland was such a poor country in 1968 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get off the stage, Bimbo.

I'd already qualified when Switzerland changed its wealth. Worst "gotcha" ever clammy. I also love the way you have to make them 65 or 70, like no one can be &0 or 90 :lol: .

Last edited by bimboman on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:25 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:

How shite is Dublin.

Quote:

"Our new head quarters will be in Dublin"

Traders "yeah not a chance we can get the misses to live there"

"How about we open branches in somewhere civilised " ?

"Ok"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 pm 

One serious question ? How much of this activity is being transferred onto the Irish central bank balance sheet ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm 

Bimbo, you don't have syphilis by any chance?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:48 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Bimbo, you don't have syphilis by any chance?

From your mum , yes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 pm 

bimboman wrote:
One serious question ? How much of this activity is being transferred onto the Irish central bank balance sheet ?

Are they getting into the money laundering business as well?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1679, 1680, 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684, 1685 ... 2176  Next