Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686, 1687, 1688, 1689 ... 2176  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:44 pm 

RWC2015 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
The EU is pretty quick now to jump on "Abusive" companies like Google and Apple, obviously they're more important than basic gas supply.

That falls within a policy area where the EU has been granted competence by Member States. Are you really too dim to understand this? That they have not been granted this competence by Member States?

The EU's world-leading legislation to protect citizens' data will likely become the global standard.

What ? Apples tax is now a policy area ? That'll be a shock for some iriish.

GDPR will be a fantastic profit centre for someone I agree. It possibly will cause a trade war with the US as well. But that's all a laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm 

piquant wrote:
La soule wrote:
Gospel wrote:
nardol wrote:
German trade surplus is down to working hard and not being dicks (since 45)

Well that and the largess of the allies cancelling German debt in 1953 and so on and so forth. Ensuring that the economy of West Germany thrived was pivotal to the stability of the Atlantic bloc. By comparison the UK only finished paying the US back for lend-lease in 1996. A costly business being the good guys eh.

yeah, fools.

It's one thing that Germany so outperforms the UK when it comes to exporting to China, that they do so when it comes to India no matter they don't have our long cultural association really shows up our industries (and rather makes the case it's not being part of the EU which inhibits growing exports to the world's growing economies)

A tad of an over simplification don't you think?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:50 pm 

The UK received more Marshall Aid than any other European country. Way more. And pissed it away.

Austria 468
Belgium and Luxembourg 777
Denmark 385
France 2296
West Germany 1448
Greece 376
Iceland 43
Ireland 133
Italy and Trieste 1204
Netherlands 1128
Norway 372
Portugal 70
Sweden 347
Switzerland 250
Turkey 137
United Kingdom 3297

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm 

piquant wrote:
La soule wrote:
Gospel wrote:
nardol wrote:
German trade surplus is down to working hard and not being dicks (since 45)

Well that and the largess of the allies cancelling German debt in 1953 and so on and so forth. Ensuring that the economy of West Germany thrived was pivotal to the stability of the Atlantic bloc. By comparison the UK only finished paying the US back for lend-lease in 1996. A costly business being the good guys eh.

yeah, fools.

It's one thing that Germany so outperforms the UK when it comes to exporting to China, that they do so when it comes to India no matter they don't have our long cultural association really shows up our industries (and rather makes the case it's not being part of the EU which inhibits growing exports to the world's growing economies)

Just say the Germans are better than us at doing deals in what were/are our traditional non EU markets. How the fark does that mean being part of the EU does not inhibit us in those markets.

It's like saying two men running each with 100kg back packs with one leading the other. Therefor the man in second place is not being inhibited by carrying the back pack.

India are desperate to do a trade deal with an independent UK. The problem is to get the very best deal the UK would have to offer visas to way to many Indian citizens. We have to play hard ball on who gets the visas. Only the brightest and the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 pm 

Quote:
The UK received more Marshall Aid than any other European country. Way more. And pissed it away.

Per capita ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:42 pm 

India “desperate” for U.K. trade deal. LOL. Everyone knows that the reason why the EU could not do a trade deal with India was the British veto on an deal. One bonus of Brexit for the EU will be a much easier negotiation once the U.K. has left.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp

Last edited by Adetroy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:42 pm 

Now we know:

1 The EU is the equivalent to having to run with a 100kg backpack
2 India is desperate to trade with an independent UK
3 UK has to play hardball with its erstwhile colony lest they send too many middling natives over here

That should satisfy Gospel who had been concerned about oversimplification, I'm sure

Just loving this Indian desperation.

Last edited by shereblue on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm 

Adetroy wrote:

Austria 468
Denmark 385
France 2296
West Germany 1448
Greece 376
Iceland 43
Ireland 133
Italy and Trieste 1204
Netherlands 1128
Norway 372
Portugal 70
Sweden 347
Switzerland 250
Turkey 137
United Kingdom 3297

And what did the uk have to repay compared to Germany?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm 

Adetroy wrote:
India “desperate” for U.K. trade deal. LOL. Everyone knows that the reason why the EU could not do a trade deal with India was the British veto on an deal. One bonus of Brexit for the EU will be a much easier negotiation once the U.K. has left.

"Everyone knows"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 pm 

Adetroy wrote:

What did you expect him to say. He is the same guy who said India wants a free trade deal as long a the UK accepts a much higher rate of immigration from India. Do you think he should be saying I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 pm 

The Indians are good enough to fight your wars and die in trenches for you but God forbid you'd give them visas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 pm 

sewa wrote:
The Indians are good enough to fight your wars and die in trenches for you but God forbid you'd give them visas

You can have them if you really want them...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 pm 

Keith wrote:
sewa wrote:

You can have them if you really want them...

I don't think Sewa will want all those corpses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 pm 

sewa wrote:

As I said as long as it's the brightest and the best no one has a problem. Same goes for people from anywhere in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

"Everyone knows"

What a brilliant riposte. That really has put me in my place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 pm 

Adetroy wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

"Everyone knows"

What a brilliant riposte. That really has put me in my place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:31 pm 

Is there a british politics thread? I am reading the Windbush Gen fiasco and wondering wtf. So I wanted to talk about it somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:
Is there a british politics thread? I am reading the Windbush Gen fiasco and wondering wtf. So I wanted to talk about it somewhere.

Start one, it will be of interest ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Not my country. I don't even live there. You should since you live there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:47 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

"Should"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:00 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

As indicated above, the British do not want poor immigrants, so they are trying to deport those that arrived between 1948 and 1971.
These are the people who arrived legally from the West Indies, but the brits are now raising the bar to make them illegal.
The authorities refuse to acknowledge that any have yet been deported, and use examples of cases that were reversed at the airport to give the false impression that eventually sense and compassion were shown.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 pm 

Adetroy wrote:

Austria 468
Denmark 385
France 2296
West Germany 1448
Greece 376
Iceland 43
Ireland 133
Italy and Trieste 1204
Netherlands 1128
Norway 372
Portugal 70
Sweden 347
Switzerland 250
Turkey 137
United Kingdom 3297

Split between grants and loans. The UK were £21B in the hole by the end of the war. It took us 61 years just to repay the yanks. You won't get any arguments from me on how that money was wasted though I've never known how much the UK Government were obligated to continue to appear a global player in tandem with the yanks or how much of it was a vanity project.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:03 pm 

Leinster in London wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

As indicated above, the British do not want poor immigrants, so they are trying to deport those that arrived between 1948 and 1971.
These are the people who arrived legally from the West Indies, but the brits are now raising the bar to make them illegal.
The authorities refuse to acknowledge that any have yet been deported, and use examples of cases that were reversed at the airport to give the false impression that eventually sense and compassion were shown.

"Refuse to acknowledge " ? No one can find anyone that has. You don't think that a journalist or a Labour politico would have by now ?

Brits raising the bar is a nasty and down right dishonest f ucking statement you're really a horror of a human aren't you ?

Trying to deport ? You have absolutely no evidence of that at all. None.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:05 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

"Refuse to acknowledge " ? No one can find anyone that has. You don't think that a journalist or a Labour politico would have by now ?

Brits raising the bar is a nasty and down right dishonest f ucking statement you're really a horror of a human aren't you ?

It seems all the Irish horrors like rugby, wonder if it’s a class thing?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:09 pm 

sewa wrote:

Well apparently India get more UK visas than everyone else combined. So you might want to hold off on the placards.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 pm 

sewa wrote:

Because the UK hasn't had good levels of immigration from India before and has a large Indian-British population? FFS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Austria 468
Denmark 385
France 2296
West Germany 1448
Greece 376
Iceland 43
Ireland 133
Italy and Trieste 1204
Netherlands 1128
Norway 372
Portugal 70
Sweden 347
Switzerland 250
Turkey 137
United Kingdom 3297

Split between grants and loans. The UK were £21B in the hole by the end of the war. It took us 61 years just to repay the yanks. You won't get any arguments from me on how that money was wasted though I've never known how much the UK Government were obligated to continue to appear a global player in tandem with the yanks or how much of it was a vanity project.

without trying to come across as a Thatcherite right winger, the unions were already running amok in the 50s and 60s with antiquated work practices which left British industry unable to compete with the Germans, the French and the Italians. It also didn’t help that because of the destruction of their industries (Mostly by the RAF) these countries had to invest their aid in brand new high technology industrial processes whereas Britain, comparatively speaking still Had large swathes of their industry rooted in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:22 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

My parents in law naturalized as British I think in the 1980s. They came from Jamaica. Why some of their peers failed to naturalize I have no idea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:24 pm 

Quote:
My parents in law naturalized as British I think in the 1980s. They came from Jamaica. Why some of their peers failed to naturalize I have no idea

Either way to represent that as a governemnt policy, and that its supported by the "Brits" is an obscene misrepresentation ....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:

Either way to represent that as a governemnt policy, and that its supported by the "Brits" is an obscene misrepresentation ....

What else would you expect of some of these Irish hysterics?

My wife recalls her parents becoming British and wonders why, given the natural way that communities discuss issues, that others failed to do so.

Last edited by Mick Mannock on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:27 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

They didn't think they had to, I'd have thought, what with being full British citizens if they arrived prior to 1971. Unless looking for a passport, I doubt the matter ever crossed their minds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 pm 

My wifes parents arrived in the 50s.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:33 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Adetroy wrote:

Austria 468
Denmark 385
France 2296
West Germany 1448
Greece 376
Iceland 43
Ireland 133
Italy and Trieste 1204
Netherlands 1128
Norway 372
Portugal 70
Sweden 347
Switzerland 250
Turkey 137
United Kingdom 3297

without trying to come across as a Thatcherite right winger, the unions were already running amok in the 50s and 60s with antiquated work practices which left British industry unable to compete with the Germans, the French and the Italians. It also didn’t help that because of the destruction of their industries (Mostly by the RAF) these countries had to invest their aid in brand new high technology industrial processes whereas Britain, comparatively speaking still Had large swathes of their industry rooted in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:34 pm 

A sorry incident. Even the Daily Mail comments section is annoyed about this which really shows how screwed up this is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 pm 

Why is this relevent on the EU thread ?

Quote:
The Guardian reported several other cases including that of Albert Thompson (not his real name), a 63-year-old who was denied NHS treatment for prostate cancer because he couldn't prove he was entitled to care.

Mr Thompson, who arrived in London from Jamaica as a teenager in 1973, was told he would have to pay £54,000 for radiotherapy and told the newspaper: “It feels like they are leaving me to die.”

Is this the future of EU citizens 50 years down the line ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:50 pm 

Quote:
The Guardian reported several other cases including that of Albert Thompson (not his real name), a 63-year-old who was denied NHS treatment for prostate cancer because he couldn't prove he was entitled to care.

Mr Thompson, who arrived in London from Jamaica as a teenager in 1973, was told he would have to pay £54,000 for radiotherapy and told the newspaper: “It feels like they are leaving me to die.”

Lunatic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 pm 

Quote:

The emphasis on having all your papers in line is probably already giving EU citizens living in the UK the heebee jeebees.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 pm 

bimboman wrote:

Quote:

Lunatic.

You certainly are but that doesn't answer the question. Also when it come to visas you already raped the empire for hundreds of years why should you now also be allowed to demand only the brightest and the best

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 pm 

bimboman wrote:

Quote:

Lunatic.

He may be conflating a couple of issues, but this is a mainstream discussion/point, so dismissing everything as "Irish" or mentally ill, will likely only find favour with a few of your fellow travellers on this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 pm 

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Quote:

Lunatic.

He may be conflating a couple of issues, but this is a mainstream discussion/point, so dismissing everything as "Irish" or mentally ill, will likely only find favour with a few of your fellow travellers on this thread.

"Finding favour " :lol: , yes popularity on this thread has been my aim. Have I failed then ?

I think I'm beyond reasoning with this type of "logic"

Quote:
You certainly are but that doesn't answer the question. Also when it come to visas you already raped the empire for hundreds of years why should you now also be allowed to demand only the brightest and the best

The wind rush issue has absolutely no relevance to brexit , it wasn't a "policy" as has been suggested and isn't supported by the "Brits", the posters conflating the issue are doing so because they're WUM's or absolute c unts.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686, 1687, 1688, 1689 ... 2176  Next