Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2121, 2122, 2123, 2124, 2125, 2126, 2127 ... 2176  Next

Whether you can or can't actually vote IRL, In, or Out
In 60%  60%  [ 248 ]
Out 40%  40%  [ 167 ]
Total votes : 415
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 pm 

Leffe wrote:
backrow wrote:
You said 8 years and it had doubled -

and it was apparently 9.

You're prepared to tank the country from this sort of BS.

The increase in public debt is largely (arguably entirely) due to the crisis. The UK's performance compared with other countries isn't bad, and is very significantly better than some, although I'm not allowed to mention which ones.

The UK's public finances are in better shape than many.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 pm 

ChipSpike wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
I voted leave, I don't regret the decision. Then again, my reasons were largely political and social rather than economic. Having said that I've been surprised by the relative lack of impact economically thus far.

What political and social reasons influenced your vote?

I distrust politicians, the further away they are away from accountability and control, the less I like it. The direction of the EU is something I don't agree with and don't want to be part of, I don't really identify as a European in that sense. Socially, the impact of immigration has been damaging in some areas. I'm not against all immigration (it brings lots of benefits) but the pace needs to be controlled, and the balance between business and our people's needs must be considered.

What a total crock of steaming shit. You distrust politicians but were happy to take the word of some of the greatest chancers and blaggards that have graced the political arena in my lifetime. Your beneficial immigration, no doubt, includes French bankers , German engineers or maybe Irish doctors....no pool shitters need apply....(Yeeb/mode). Political and social reasons my arse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:25 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
I voted leave, I don't regret the decision. Then again, my reasons were largely political and social rather than economic. Having said that I've been surprised by the relative lack of impact economically thus far.

I distrust politicians, the further away they are away from accountability and control, the less I like it. The direction of the EU is something I don't agree with and don't want to be part of, I don't really identify as a European in that sense. Socially, the impact of immigration has been damaging in some areas. I'm not against all immigration (it brings lots of benefits) but the pace needs to be controlled, and the balance between business and our people's needs must be considered.

What a total crock of steaming shit. You distrust politicians but were happy to take the word of some of the greatest chancers and blaggards that have graced the political arena in my lifetime. Your beneficial immigration, no doubt, includes French bankers , German engineers or maybe Irish doctors....no pool shitters need apply....(Yeeb/mode). Political and social reasons my arse.

Some of his best friends are black

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:25 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

Empire 2.0?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm 

sewa wrote:
backrow wrote:
You said 8 years and it had doubled - it hadn’t no matter how you now try to massage things to try and win the Internet.

So you don’t think slowing the rate of growth was an achievement of sorts then?

Your the one massaging things, I was very clearly discussing the absolute value and you started going on about debt to GDP ratios. Ratios that I then produced links to prove have steadily increased and are still increasing under the Tories. They may be projected to start falling soon but we have heard that from the Tories before again and again. Slowing the rate of growth is bollocks, the fact is its still going up despite your failed austerity program which has hit the most vunerable people while leaving the rich to continue avoiding taxes

nopes

I was also clear I was only talking about rate of increase.
you refuse to see Labour pretty much soley caused the vast levels of debt (as seen from your own graph), or why austerity had to be at least tried.
if you don't slow the rate of growth at the start, how on earth will it ever be paid off ? you don't seem to understand growth or absolute V % or anything resembling 'blame tories for everything'
and as far the rich avoiding taxes - well Labours' record on that is at least as bad as the tories, probably more so due to how they bloated the tax code from (iirc) 10k pages of statute pre Blair to 50k when Dcam got in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:28 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
ChipSpike wrote:

And fk you too. We can vote out our chancers and blaggards, of which we have many granted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm 

Leffe wrote:
backrow wrote:

and it was apparently 9.

8, 9..... numbers and being accurate isn't really in lefties or Euro's interests or skillset is it ?

and as for tanks - your ones have more reverse gears than forward ones, even in video games your tanks are shit !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm 

backrow wrote:
Will the French planes have gunsights this time around ?
Last war you guys rocked up for , gunsights, ammunition and in some cases even propellers were missing , and one of your fighters could not actually take off.
(Bloch MB150)

You are a bit short on facts ... as per usual.

The Rafale doesn't even need to leave french airspace to deliver an ASMPA on London.

300KT at Mach 3 good luck ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm 

Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
Last war you guys rocked up for , gunsights, ammunition and in some cases even propellers were missing , and one of your fighters could not actually take off.
(Bloch MB150)

The Rafale doesn't even need to leave french airspace to deliver an ASMPA on London.

Should you not be at school, Laurent?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:35 pm 

Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

its a good thing it doesn't have to leave French airspace, as means he will be able to get a Croque Monsieur & a packet of Gitannes when he bails out

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 pm 

backrow wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

its a good thing it doesn't have to leave French airspace, as means he will be able to get a Croque Monsieur & a packet of Gitannes when he bails out

you have 3 minutes ...

unfortunately that's a bit late to scramble your jets.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 pm 

S Club wrote:
sewa wrote:
Yup, a massive programme of QE / low interest rates and despite the so called austerity they doubled the national debt in eight years. Unfortunately that means now there is no bullets left in the chamber

Just as a point of reference, is it not the case that during the same time frame, Ireland's net public debt has quadrupled?

What is your evidence that the UK has no bullets left in the chamber?

No. From 2010 to now the national debt of Ireland has gone from 190 billion to about 230 billion but as a percentage of GDP about 86% to 68%.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm 

Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

you have 3 minutes ...

why would we look out for your pilots if they had bailed out into the Channel again ? :?
am sure you could spare a trawler that is being paid to stay in dock to go out and look for him

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:41 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
backrow wrote:

Will the British aircraft carrier have aircraft?

one day (sneer)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:41 pm 

S Club wrote:
Leffe wrote:
backrow wrote:

and it was apparently 9.

The increase in public debt is largely (arguably entirely) due to the crisis. The UK's performance compared with other countries isn't bad, and is very significantly better than some, although I'm not allowed to mention which ones.

What part of the follwoing is unclear:

1. The UK is still in the single market
2. The major financial impact to the UK will be immediate following the UK's actual departure from teh single market

?

What we are seeing at the moment is the impact of a hit to the confidence in UK PLC, what we will see is an actual and real negative impact to UK PLC in terms of it's sales revenues.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 pm 

backrow wrote:
Leffe wrote:
backrow wrote:

and it was apparently 9.

8, 9..... numbers and being accurate isn't really in lefties or Euro's interests or skillset is it ?

and as for tanks - your ones have more reverse gears than forward ones, even in video games your tanks are shit !

350M a week for the NHS is accurate data coming straight out of the conservative right.

On that basis, I appreciate why you would point the figure at the stupid left and feel a certain sense of superiority about this situation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm 

backrow wrote:
Leffe wrote:
backrow wrote:

and it was apparently 9.

British tanks are shit? I'm so confused right now.

Nit picking over siliness and calling it "accuracy" in order to win an internetz argument, when the fate of the UK is at stake is more of a problem than reverse gears on tanks that I do not won, nor give a shit about.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
S Club wrote:
sewa wrote:
Yup, a massive programme of QE / low interest rates and despite the so called austerity they doubled the national debt in eight years. Unfortunately that means now there is no bullets left in the chamber

Just as a point of reference, is it not the case that during the same time frame, Ireland's net public debt has quadrupled?

No. From 2010 to now the national debt of Ireland has gone from 190 billion to about 230 billion but as a percentage of GDP about 86% to 68%.

You're absolutely right, my mistake. I just checked, and it quadrupled from 2007. Sewa's time frame was from 2009, since when Ireland's public debt has merely doubled, like the UK's. But he'll be upset about you quoting percentage of GDP, since he believes that "people using %'s are bluffers trying to hide the real story".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm 

S Club wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
S Club wrote:
sewa wrote:

You're absolutely right, my mistake. I just checked, and it quadrupled from 2007. Sewa's time frame was from 2009, since when Ireland's public debt has merely doubled, like the UK's. But he'll be upset about you quoting percentage of GDP, since he believes that "people using %'s are bluffers trying to hide the real story".

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:48 pm 

backrow wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

you have 3 minutes ...

why would we look out for your pilots if they had bailed out into the Channel again ? :?
am sure you could spare a trawler that is being paid to stay in dock to go out and look for him

not sure were you get your facts from

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:48 pm 

Year Debt Absolute increase %Increase Debt %Increase GDP
2011 1158 146 14.4 1.6
2012 1253 95 8.2 1.4
2013 1364 111 8.9 2.0
2014 1464 100 7.3 2.9
2015 1555 91 6.2 2.3
2016 1603 48 3.1 1.8
2017 1727 124 7.7 1.7
2018 1779 52 3.0 TBC

Its an astonishingly unsuccessful picture, blaming what Blair did ten years ago is taking the absolute piss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm 

Leffe wrote:
S Club wrote:
Leffe wrote:
backrow wrote:

and it was apparently 9.

What part of the follwoing is unclear:

1. The UK is still in the single market
2. The major financial impact to the UK will be immediate following the UK's actual departure from teh single market

?

What we are seeing at the moment is the impact of a hit to the confidence in UK PLC, what we will see is an actual and real negative impact to UK PLC in terms of it's sales revenues.

You're misunderstanding, I think. I was answering one of sewa's characteristically silly posts on economics. I think he was trying (vainly) to make what was a childish anti-British swipe appear vaguely relevant to Brexit, but my post was just addressing his point that the UK's economy is a disaster area; I wasn't making the point that "the UK's current not-too-bad economic state shows that Brexit is a success".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 pm 

Laurent wrote:
you have 3 minutes ...

Oi! We're the ones declaring war and shooting first. Your pilots will still be balls deep in the chef d'escadron's wife when the bombs drop......

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm 

S Club wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

I am not a teacher thankfully (kids these days) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:54 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Laurent wrote:
you have 3 minutes ...

Oi! We're the ones declaring war and shooting first. Your pilots will still be balls deep in the chef d'escadron's wife when the bombs drop......

Do we need to lend you the planes?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:56 pm 

Fûcking hell. Aircraft carriers, tanks and Blair. This thread has taken a bizarre turn even by it's own standards.

Leaving aside the war talk bullshit, why are labour even being brought up atmo? Their current leadership is, arguably, more pro brexit than the Tories

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Laurent wrote:
you have 3 minutes ...

:lol:

More likely shagging les p'tites anglaises...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:06 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Fûcking hell. Aircraft carriers, tanks and Blair. This thread has taken a bizarre turn even by it's own standards.

Leaving aside the war talk bullshit, why are labour even being brought up atmo? Their current leadership is, arguably, more pro brexit than the Tories

It's called distraction.

Useful for when your arguments are pretty weak.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm 

sewa wrote:
2011 1158 146 14.4 1.6
2012 1253 95 8.2 1.4
2013 1364 111 8.9 2.0
2014 1464 100 7.3 2.9
2015 1555 91 6.2 2.3
2016 1603 48 3.1 1.8
2017 1727 124 7.7 1.7
2018 1779 52 3.0 TBC

Its an astonishingly unsuccessful picture, blaming what Blair did ten years ago is taking the absolute piss

seriously, GTFO, labour are STILL blaming Thatcher for stuff nearly 28 years after she left power and a fair old while since she died !
from the level of debt, how long would you have given Tories to clear up the mess ? 6 weeks ?

go back to your lovely graph, and see the % of debt under labours' first years' of power - I suppose you will claim labour credit for the dip in the % in the first couple of years they were in charge before they had a chance to mess things up ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:11 pm 

backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:
2011 1158 146 14.4 1.6
2012 1253 95 8.2 1.4
2013 1364 111 8.9 2.0
2014 1464 100 7.3 2.9
2015 1555 91 6.2 2.3
2016 1603 48 3.1 1.8
2017 1727 124 7.7 1.7
2018 1779 52 3.0 TBC

seriously, GTFO, labour are STILL blaming Thatcher for stuff nearly 28 years after she left power and a fair old while since she died !
from the level of debt, how long would you have given Tories to clear up the mess ? 6 weeks ?

go back to your lovely graph, and see the % of debt under labours' first years' of power - I suppose you will claim labour credit for the dip in the % in the first couple of years they were in charge before they had a chance to mess things up ?

You have been running at 3 or 4 times GDP growth, despite a cocktail of low interest rates, printing money and a devalued currency. The party has to stop somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:23 pm 

sewa wrote:
backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:
2011 1158 146 14.4 1.6
2012 1253 95 8.2 1.4
2013 1364 111 8.9 2.0
2014 1464 100 7.3 2.9
2015 1555 91 6.2 2.3
2016 1603 48 3.1 1.8
2017 1727 124 7.7 1.7
2018 1779 52 3.0 TBC

You have been running at 3 or 4 times GDP growth, despite a cocktail of low interest rates, printing money and a devalued currency. The party has to stop somewhere

now on that at least, we can agree :thumbup:
perma near zero rates and printing money is a bit daft imho, rather than making something out of nothing I would have preferred a Roosvelt style new deal of infrastructure jobs rather than leaving it all to PPI et al. The private sector hadn't collapsed as much as 1929-30 so there would have been less harmful debt creation / State bloatiness, and we would have got some more roads and hospitals and flood relief schemes and the like.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:49 pm 

backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:
backrow wrote:
sewa wrote:
2011 1158 146 14.4 1.6
2012 1253 95 8.2 1.4
2013 1364 111 8.9 2.0
2014 1464 100 7.3 2.9
2015 1555 91 6.2 2.3
2016 1603 48 3.1 1.8
2017 1727 124 7.7 1.7
2018 1779 52 3.0 TBC

now on that at least, we can agree :thumbup:
perma near zero rates and printing money is a bit daft imho, rather than making something out of nothing I would have preferred a Roosvelt style new deal of infrastructure jobs rather than leaving it all to PPI et al. The private sector hadn't collapsed as much as 1929-30 so there would have been less harmful debt creation / State bloatiness, and we would have got some more roads and hospitals and flood relief schemes and the like.

See here's the odd thing, the NL gov did this. They saw lots of job losses coming in the construction market and understood the knock on. So they started national infrastructure projects; canals, roads, bridges all manner of stuff was built and it helped take the dip out of the economy as a whole.

And all of that from an EU country. The EU didn't prevent this from happening, the NL did it and remained in the EU. Yet again demonstrating that the UK government is the problem with the UK, not the EU!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:07 pm 

happyhooker wrote:

Bimbo is no doubt an expert.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:20 pm 

Oh that Special Relationship. The US is threatening to block the UK from the Global Procurement Pact.

God help you when they start negotiating for real.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ement-pact

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 pm 

I'm really not looking forward to future trade negotiations.

Everything about Brexit so far is desperate turd polishing to save face. Rather than take the many years countries tend to do to get these things right, I fear Liam Fox will just want headlines which appear to show Brexit is good.

Last edited by SamShark on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:26 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Oh that Special Relationship. The US is threatening to block the UK from the Global Procurement Pact.

God help you when they start negotiating for real.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ement-pact

The US trade deal negotiations were covered extensively yesterday. We're going to get arse-raped and be forced to eat maggots and rat faeces apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:26 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Bimbo is no doubt

And yet he continues to speak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 pm 

S Club wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

Laurents a fully grown adult trying to discuss an nuclear strike by France on the UK. It's quite amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm 

bimboman wrote:
S Club wrote:
Laurent wrote:
backrow wrote:
(Bloch MB150)

Laurents a fully grown adult trying to discuss an nuclear strike by France on the UK. It's quite amazing.

I have to agree. Even by the standards of this fred, that was a new low.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:54 pm 

sewa wrote:
2011 1158 146 14.4 1.6
2012 1253 95 8.2 1.4
2013 1364 111 8.9 2.0
2014 1464 100 7.3 2.9
2015 1555 91 6.2 2.3
2016 1603 48 3.1 1.8
2017 1727 124 7.7 1.7
2018 1779 52 3.0 TBC

Controlling a fiscal deficit and not crashing the economy by 8% for a few years is quite a feat to be honest.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2121, 2122, 2123, 2124, 2125, 2126, 2127 ... 2176  Next