Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1831, 1832, 1833, 1834, 1835, 1836, 1837 ... 1953  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:06 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
I have just finished binge listening to a Slate podcast called Slow Burn, covering Watergate up to Nixon's resignation and was struck by the multiple similarities in the language being used by Nixon supporters right up till the smoking gun tape was produced, even as the signs of malfeasance by the administration were becoming clearer and clearer.

It is an interesting series, and a useful resource for those of us too young to remember Watergate (or those so old they have forgotten it).

Martha was an interesting character.

My brother was studying political science Canterbury University at the time and we used to devour all and every information we could get on Watergate, so listening to the podcast brought back many memories but also gave some new information and insights.

I actually studied political science, rather than outsource it to my brother, and I don't have a clue what's going on.

I knew that shit was a waste of time. :x

It’s like the old adage about shoeshine boys and stock tips..

When you’ve got absolute fcking morons posting political insights, then it’s time to sell.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am 

bleacher wrote:
Seems like the game might soon be up.
Not for glorious Trump, but for the forum collective.

It's one of those situations whereby if Trump is exonerated they'll just move on to the next thing and swear down on it that the end for Trump is imminent. It's comforting I guess, much less painful than acknowledging he's a potential two-term POTUS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 am 

shanky wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
I have just finished binge listening to a Slate podcast called Slow Burn, covering Watergate up to Nixon's resignation and was struck by the multiple similarities in the language being used by Nixon supporters right up till the smoking gun tape was produced, even as the signs of malfeasance by the administration were becoming clearer and clearer.

It is an interesting series, and a useful resource for those of us too young to remember Watergate (or those so old they have forgotten it).

Martha was an interesting character.

My brother was studying political science Canterbury University at the time and we used to devour all and every information we could get on Watergate, so listening to the podcast brought back many memories but also gave some new information and insights.

I actually studied political science, rather than outsource it to my brother, and I don't have a clue what's going on.

I knew that shit was a waste of time. :x

It’s like the old adage about shoeshine boys and stock tips..

When you’ve got absolute fcking morons posting political insights, then it’s time to sell.

I've said it before, but the one guy in that department who I thought had an interesting idea was the guy who was obsessed by the role of Groton in the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was obsessed by what school the participants went to.

I have tried to apply this sort of analysis, pioneered by that fellow Professor Goldstein, to the current foreign policy imbroglios and what do I get but accused of anti-semitism. Well, it's just not fair I say.

But there you go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:17 am 

I am still surprised that he actually made it past election date. Every hour in the White House is an hour they begrudge him ... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
I am still surprised that he actually made it past election date. Every hour in the White House is an hour they begrudge him ... :lol:

In fairness, I'd probably be the same if Corbyn became Prime Minister. It would be such an anathema to my own views on how things should be run that with no small amount of confirmation bias I would likely struggle to accept its durational permanence, particularly if the media were constantly hyping his demise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 am 

“Could”, “may”. Tell you what sweet pea, come back when you have something of substance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 am 

:lol:

Modern day politics are churning over, all mixed up and without sense or reason.

Must say, I doubt that Trump will go for a second term. That said, I doubted that he would even seriously go for a first term ....
Maybe we still have a few years left on this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
“Could”, “may”. Tell you what sweet pea, come back when you have something of substance

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:58 pm 

Shitgibbon getting the state department to get some paranoia going

(e-mail i just received)

China, Level 2: Exercise increased caution

Exercise increased caution in China due to the arbitrary enforcement of local laws and special restrictions on dual U.S.-Chinese nationals.

Chinese authorities have the broad ability to prohibit travelers from leaving China (also known as `exit bans'); exit bans have been imposed to compel U.S. citizens to resolve business disputes, force settlement of court orders, or facilitate government investigations. Individuals not involved in legal proceedings or suspected of wrongdoing have also be subjected to lengthy exit bans in order to compel their family members or colleagues to cooperate with Chinese courts or investigators.

U.S. citizens visiting or residing in China have been arbitrarily interrogated or detained for reasons related to "state security." Security personnel have detained and/or deported U.S. citizens for sending private electronic messages critical of the Chinese government.

China may refuse to acknowledge dual U.S.-Chinese nationals' U.S. citizenship, including denying U.S. assistance to detained dual nationals, and preventing their departure from China. If a dual U.S.-Chinese national enters China on a Chinese government travel document, such as, but not limited to, a Chinese passport or a national ID card, U.S. consular officers will not be allowed to visit the individual or assist in interactions with the Chinese government should the individual be arrested, detained, or involved in criminal or civil investigation.

If you plan to enter North Korea from China, read the North Korea Travel Advisory.

Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.

If you decide to travel to China:

Enter China on your U.S. passport with a valid Chinese visa.
If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy or the nearest consulate immediately.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter. Follow the U.S. Embassy on Twitter, WeChat, and Weibo.
Review the Crime and Safety Reports for China.
U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler's Checklist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:22 pm 

Democrats are suing Russia! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (also Trump campaign, Assange and others)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/20/poli ... index.html

How the actual fudge is it possible to sue a country? Who actually thought it might be a good move to make?
Carnage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Democrats are suing Russia! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (also Trump campaign, Assange and others)

How the actual fudge is it possible to sue a country? Who actually thought it might be a good move to make?
Carnage.

Does the suit allow them to depose people connected to the election?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 pm 

McCabe referred for crime du jour.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wash ... story.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 pm 

piquant wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

That's the only reason I can imagine they think this is could be a worthwhile exercise. But it's dumb. It's blatantly politicising an issue tha they should be trying to portray as apolitical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:23 pm 

The DNC is still mostly run by morons and Hillary diehards (something like 8% of voters), so this is no surprise. They will look for any excuse but "we lost because we were shit and out of touch with the electorate." If these people aren't purged soon though, the party is going to miss what is basically an open goal in 2018 and 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:32 pm 

These people. :lol: It blew up in their faces.

Quote:
From early on, the Clinton camp saw Trump as an enemy to encourage, Chozick writes. During the campaign, as had been previously reported, there was an effort to elevate Trump into a so-called Pied Piper in order to tie him to the mainstream of the Republican Party.

“An agenda for an upcoming campaign meeting sent by [Campaign Manager] Robby Mook’s office asked, ‘How do we maximize Trump?’” Chozick writes, describing a time when the GOP primary was still crowded.

Chozick also suggests that the Clinton camp was none too happy to hear that Vice President Joe Biden was considering a White House run. She also witnessed the Democratic candidate give up on trying to improve her national image.

‘Oh, what’s the point?" she reportedly told a pollster. "They’re never going to like me."

They worked with and encouraged this whacko only because she funded them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:41 pm 

Bowens wrote:
The DNC is still mostly run by morons and Hillary diehards (something like 8% of voters), so this is no surprise. They will look for any excuse but "we lost because we were shit and out of touch with the electorate." If these people aren't purged soon though, the party is going to miss what is basically an open goal in 2018 and 2020.

I remember watching some Americans news channels that fateful night and a Republican strategist said Hillary's biggest mistake was not choosing Bernie as a VP Candidate. They had every advantaged and screwed the pooch big time. Says a lot about the Dem candidate that he got elected.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 pm 

People do need to be pandered to, and Bernie as VP would've helped with that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:00 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

Aren't many of the relatives of 9-11 victims suing Saudia Arabia; & so far they're winning attempts to stop them ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm 

HertzCat wrote:
Giuliani has joined Trump's personal legal team, apparently...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/rudy-gi ... probe.html

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

A legal fight with Russia and the Trumps on one side and the Democratic party on the other. Drag that out for a long time jobs a goodun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

A legal fight with Russia and the Trumps on one side and the Democratic party on the other. Drag that out for a long time jobs a goodun

But the Dems will be very clear that it isn't about them versus the Russians; it's about Democracy in America, versus the Russians.

If the Russians are allowed to fudge around in other countries elections; next time they might intervene for a Democrat Candidate, or a Labour Candidate in the UK; who knows ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:33 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

But the Dems will be very clear that it isn't about them versus the Russians; it's about Democracy in America, versus the Russians.

If the Russians are allowed to fudge around in other countries elections; next time they might intervene for a Democrat Candidate, or a Labour Candidate in the UK; who knows ?

It give the GOP the perfect chance excuse to shut down. As the situation stands that's the story they can paint, and absolute die hards excepted, it sticks. Follow this through and it allows the GOP to paint the whole issue as partisan politics. Barring not just a smoking gun, but Trump's hand on the knife while he twists it through the heart, it's game over for the whole thing and Trump doesn't even need to campaign to win a second term

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 pm 

Saint wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

It give the GOP the perfect chance excuse to shut down. As the situation stands that's the story they can paint, and absolute die hards excepted, it sticks. Follow this through and it allows the GOP to paint the whole issue as partisan politics. Barring not just a smoking gun, but Trump's hand on the knife while he twists it through the heart, it's game over for the whole thing and Trump doesn't even need to campaign to win a second term

Ehhh, you seriously don't understand Americans !

This is the GOP/Trump; if they put themselves in a position where they are on the same side as Russia in this.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:12 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
Saint wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

Ehhh, you seriously don't understand Americans !

This is the GOP/Trump; if they put themselves in a position where they are on the same side as Russia in this.

Spoiler: show

Making this partisan means the GOP winner. Democrats will try and make out that this ties them to Russia but I can guarantee that gets explained away as a partisan political play. Without ironclad proof, this is how the Democrats lose this - they're turning it away from "protection of democracy" to Republican vs Democrat, looking like sore losers and I 's game over. I can guarantee that right now in GOP HQ their only thought right now is how do they make sure any judge doesn't just throw this out of court instantly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:13 pm 

Oh well investigation over apparently Trumps alibi has been corroborated by some guy called John Barron.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
Oh well investigation over apparently Trumps alibi has been corroborated by some guy called John Barron.

This is the hooker golden shower thing?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:48 pm 

Saint wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Barron corroborated everything. Biggest crowds, nobody has more respect for women, no collusion, no golden showers, richest ever, covered the whole lot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:55 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
Saint wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Barron corroborated everything. Biggest crowds, nobody has more respect for women, no collusion, no golden showers, richest ever, covered the whole lot.

Sounds legit to me. I'm. Sure that the MS is giving this the airtime it deserves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:00 pm 

It’s been sometime since Barron hit the phone lines for Trump. Totally legit, doesn’t sound like Trump at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:42 pm 

Quote:
3/ Roger Stone: Trump has long treated Michael Cohen "like garbage." Trump's lawyers and advisers believe Cohen, faced with the prospect of legal fees and criminal charges, could end up cooperating with federal officials investigating him for related to the work he did for Trump. A half-dozen people familiar with the relationship, say Trump had treated Cohen poorly for years, with insults, dismissive statements and, at least twice, threats of being fired. Cohen, who once said he would "take a bullet" for Trump. tried to apologize to Melania Trump for the news about Stormy Daniels. (New York Times)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/us/p ... -158505001
https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.co ... -158505001

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:52 pm 

According to the Hill they're already making plans for Cohen flipping.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 am 

Bowens wrote:

The Remoans in the UK are a similar bunch. The Dems suing Russia headline is ridiculous, maybe there is some clever reason behind it but to the average reader it feels like they're desperate to keep a dead narrative going because it's all they have left.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:40 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
The Remoans in the UK are a similar bunch. The Dems suing Russia headline is ridiculous, maybe there is some clever reason behind it but to the average reader it feels like they're desperate to keep a dead narrative going because it's all they have left.

They don't need a narrative, they've got the Orange Buffoon. The gift that will keep on giving.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:06 am 

wamberal99 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:

They don't need a narrative, they've got the Orange Buffoon. The gift that will keep on giving.

Textbook case of thinking (willing?) the electorate into behaving how you want them to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:02 pm 

Quote:
He told Comey he had checked with associates and was reminded “that he didn’t stay overnight in Russia” on the trip, during which he presided over the Miss Universe contest. After flying into Moscow in the morning, he “departed for New York that same night,” Trump told Comey, according to one of the former FBI chief’s memos.

But there is abundant evidence that Trump’s account to the FBI director was false: Social media posts, photographs and the account of at least two associates — including Trump’s former security chief — indicate that Trump arrived in Moscow on Nov. 8, 2013, spent the night at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, and didn’t leave the city until after the Miss Universe was finished late on the evening of Nov. 9.

Indeed, Trump himself had previously boasted of spending more time in Moscow than he admitted to Comey. “I called it my weekend in Moscow,” Trump said during a September 2015 radio interview on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.”

In other words Trump is lying again.

Lies! Lies! Lies!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:58 pm 

Saint wrote:
piquant wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

That's the only reason I can imagine they think this is could be a worthwhile exercise. But it's dumb. It's blatantly politicising an issue tha they should be trying to portray as apolitical

Discovery could be fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:57 pm 

Saint wrote:
piquant wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

Leave aside whether they're politicising the issue or not many people don't like a sore loser when the go into he voting booth. So on the face of it this move by the DNC is just of itself daft, and given there's either Mueller or the firing of Mueller to keep the story in the media, and if Mueller is fired the FBI will just recommence their own investigation it's probably not remotely needed either, there's no way this story goes away for any election Trump is now involved in.

If they can force testimony under oath maybe they get something from this but it's not a good look as of today

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:14 pm 

piquant wrote:
Saint wrote:
piquant wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Carnage.

Leave aside whether they're politicising the issue or not many people don't like a sore loser when the go into he voting booth. So on the face of it this move by the DNC is just of itself daft, and given there's either Mueller or the firing of Mueller to keep the story in the media, and if Mueller is fired the FBI will just recommence their own investigation it's probably not remotely needed either, there's no way this story goes away for any election Trump is now involved in.

If they can force testimony under oath maybe they get something from this but it's not a good look as of today

They could spend the next 6 years arguing whether or not tgey could force tye president to testify. As i recall, Bill effectively volunteeree innthe end thinking he was smart enough to get round anything dodgy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:15 pm 

Trump has done far more good in the world, in one year, than Obama managed in his eight years.

Trump must be given a Noble Peace Prize so that the international community can at least show their appreciation for this magnificent man.

President Trump, I salute you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 pm 

Quote:
“This is Donald, really going back to his school days when he was a boy, he insisted to others that he had hit home runs he had never hit in ball games,” D’Antonio said.

Lies!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1831, 1832, 1833, 1834, 1835, 1836, 1837 ... 1953  Next