Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2501, 2502, 2503, 2504, 2505, 2506, 2507 ... 2524  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:57 pm 

Rinkals wrote:

I did.

I said that I didn't consider Fox News to be the Republican version of CNN or MSNBC because they do not hold themselves to reporting the truth.

No one is claiming their bias is about inventing facst and sories. Fox News do report the truth as much as MSNBC and CNN. It's that their choice of how to comment on the news stories, the use of Opinion, guest analysis, choice of guest and how their host work the stories is what shows their biases. That is the issue with bias and agendas, it's how it's framed.

If you look at Media checkers, they often objective (as best they can) measure the bias and factual correctness of all the media sites. Objectively all 3 of the big news channels I've criticised have the same mixed rating for factual accuracy. E.g. they all gave you the same portions of porkies and truth to be broady in line with each other.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

CNN does get credit for being highly factual in their straight news reporting, but not for their pundits opinions and hosts statements about matters. Now I'm sure in the early 2000's CNN and MSNBC would rank higher and Fox News would be one on their own for being less factual and was rightfully routinely mocked by us all. However this isn't the early 2000's, it's the late 2010's and the news landscape is much different.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:55 am 

Asked to describe his health care plan, Trump responded,

Quote:
“So, we have a great plan coming out. It’s going to be — if we can take back the House because we’re not going to get the Democrats to vote for it, because they’re doing Medicare for all, which is going to take away your freedom, take away your doctors, take away everything that you should be able to have, and most importantly, it’s going to take away — we have 180 million people right now that have private insurance and they love it, and all of that’s going to be taken away. It’s absolute craziness.”
“On top of everything else, they’re looking at 80, 90, 95 percent tax, because there’s no — there’s no way they can afford it. But people don’t want to go to a hospital, to go to a doctor. They don’t want to go. They want to have their own doctor, number one, and we went through this with Obamacare, which we got rid of the individual mandate, by the way, which is very important.”
“But we have a great health care plan. If we get the House, we hold the Senate, we keep the presidency, we’re going to have great health care, much better than Obamacare, at much less cost.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:
“So, we have a great plan coming out. It’s going to be — if we can take back the House because we’re not going to get the Democrats to vote for it, because they’re doing Medicare for all, which is going to take away your freedom, take away your doctors, take away everything that you should be able to have, and most importantly, it’s going to take away — we have 180 million people right now that have private insurance and they love it, and all of that’s going to be taken away. It’s absolute craziness.”
“On top of everything else, they’re looking at 80, 90, 95 percent tax, because there’s no — there’s no way they can afford it. But people don’t want to go to a hospital, to go to a doctor. They don’t want to go. They want to have their own doctor, number one, and we went through this with Obamacare, which we got rid of the individual mandate, by the way, which is very important.”
“But we have a great health care plan. If we get the House, we hold the Senate, we keep the presidency, we’re going to have great health care, much better than Obamacare, at much less cost.”

it's quite simply utter verbal garbage. I know that politicians like to obfuscate, answer a different question, get their message out but that is shite verbosity. What makes it worse is that the orange shitgibbon actually believes he HAS answered

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:33 am 

el orango cancels Denmark trip after being told he can't buy Greenland

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen's comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:57 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

it's quite simply utter verbal garbage. I know that politicians like to obfuscate, answer a different question, get their message out but that is shite verbosity. What makes it worse is that the orange shitgibbon actually believes he HAS answered

What makes it even worse is that his base also believe he answered the question.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:16 am 

So why didn't it come in on day one as promised?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
So why didn't it come in on day one as promised?

Because.

Just because

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 am 

Quote:
59% of Republicans now think higher education is hurting America, citing radicalization, safe spaces, and threats to free speech, according to a Pew survey.

The uneducated, opioid addicted, unemployed trump base. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

I did.

I said that I didn't consider Fox News to be the Republican version of CNN or MSNBC because they do not hold themselves to reporting the truth.

No one is claiming their bias is about inventing facst and sories. Fox News do report the truth as much as MSNBC and CNN. It's that their choice of how to comment on the news stories, the use of Opinion, guest analysis, choice of guest and how their host work the stories is what shows their biases. That is the issue with bias and agendas, it's how it's framed.

If you look at Media checkers, they often objective (as best they can) measure the bias and factual correctness of all the media sites. Objectively all 3 of the big news channels I've criticised have the same mixed rating for factual accuracy. E.g. they all gave you the same portions of porkies and truth to be broady in line with each other.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

CNN does get credit for being highly factual in their straight news reporting, but not for their pundits opinions and hosts statements about matters. Now I'm sure in the early 2000's CNN and MSNBC would rank higher and Fox News would be one on their own for being less factual and was rightfully routinely mocked by us all. However this isn't the early 2000's, it's the late 2010's and the news landscape is much different.

I was answering Bokkom's question which essentially tried to place Fox News on an equal footing in terms of accuracy, but from a Republican perspective.

You made the point about media bias in the UK, and I have to concede a Telegraph reader is not going to receive the same news as a Guardian reader. Fox News is a product of Rupert Murdoch's experience of the British Media model, so it is far more likely to ignore or downplay stories which don't conform to it's bias and present stories in a way that it's readers want and that confirms their own opinions.

My whole point is that it's dangerous to simply label the MSM as fake news because it undermines an essential part of a functioning democracy, which, of course, is exactly what Trump is trying to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 am 

Meanwhile, Jewish people who vote Democrat are disloyal to Israel.

“Where have they gone, where they’re defending these two people over the state of Israel? And I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty.”

We are entering an age of Unelightenment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 am 

icon wrote:

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen's comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time."

Is it because he’s just realized that by his own standards it’s one of those “shithole” countries:
“it currently relies on Denmark for two thirds of its budget revenue. It has high rates of suicide, alcoholism and unemployment.”

And why did he want it in the first place:
A) not to be outdone, needed his own bigger and better pervy sex dungeon island than Epstein had?
B) rape and pillage of natural resources?
C) the more of the melting icecaps you actually own, the more you can deny it’s happening?
D) duty bound to clean up the toxic nuclear waste from US Cold War sites?
D) actually thoroughly considered the strategic geographical placement (and then decided to announce his cunning plans to the world)?

Answers on a postcard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 am 

The little boy with the little hands flounced off in a testy fug, hurling back over his final word.

"Well.....if I can't have Greenland, I'm not coming over to your place anymoe!"

When he arrived home, he picked up his Collins Atlas and flicked to the map of the world.

"Ohhh.....Australias a big island.....I think I will buy that!"

......and thus comforted, he put his thumb into his mouth, and thought about all the new animals the US would have...

.....that will make America great again he thought.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:39 am 

terangi48 wrote:
The little boy with the little hands flounced off in a testy fug, hurling back over his final word.

"Well.....if I can't have Greenland, I'm not coming over to your place anymoe!"

When he arrived home, he picked up his Collins Atlas and flicked to the map of the world.

"Ohhh.....Australias a big island.....I think I will buy that!"

......and thus comforted, he put his thumb into his mouth, and thought about all the new animals the US would have...

.....that will make America great again he thought.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:47 am 

Apparently this is the first time in the 1000+ year history of Denmark that a Royal invitation has been accepted and then reneged on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:06 am 

so childish, just so so childish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am 

<Oh, no people are criticising me again...quick, do something ridiculous to shift their attention>

I would like to buy one Greenland. What do you mean no?

<job done>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:03 am 

I suppose it is better than invading Iraq

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:10 am 

BokJock wrote:
I suppose it is better than invading Iraq

Save that for the election. Got to keep an ace up your sleeve.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:17 am 

Dana Perino said Greenland comes up in stretgic and military briefings all the time. I suspect this is something that has completely blindsided the Danes and Greenlanders who were blithely going about their way thinking Greenlanders could have increasing independence and start to make their own foreign policy decisions. This reminds me a bit about Antarctica. The US has made no territorial claim on Antarctica, but has maintained a right to make one. One of my politics professors said that was code for claiming 'all of it' at some stage. Cold War stuff I suppose. China is now the issue of course.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:29 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Dana Perino said Greenland comes up in stretgic and military briefings all the time. I suspect this is something that has completely blindsided the Danes and Greenlanders who were blithely going about their way thinking Greenlanders could have increasing independence and start to make their own foreign policy decisions. This reminds me a bit about Antarctica. The US has made no territorial claim on Antarctica, but has maintained a right to make one. One of my politics professors said that was code for claiming 'all of it' at some stage. Cold War stuff I suppose. China is now the issue of course.

I don't doubt there would be very sensible reasons to buy Greenland for the US...I very much doubt that is why Trump has brought it up. This is the Trump equivalent of a squid squirting out a blast of ink when it feels threatened.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:31 am 

So i guess that numerous recent POS have been repeatedly briefed on the strategic importance of Greenland.
Only one has been enough of a diplomatic blunt instrument to announce to the press that he wants to just buy it (it’s just a big real estate deal after all) and as a result duck up that diplomatic relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 am 

icon wrote:

I didn't believe this when I read it this morning, assumed it was someone twisting the dickheads words.

I was wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 am 

C'mon Sen, it makes him sound like an idiot.

It is a democracy with people living on it, they might not want to become US citizens.

There is no 4d chess going on.

It's as ridiculous as if he asked Boris if he could buy the Outer Hebrides.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 am 

BokJock wrote:

It is a democracy with people living on it, they might not want to become US citizens.

Boris would sell them for a packet of magic beans.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:38 am 

penguin wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Actually it is Scotland, so Boris probably would - the Channel Islands then?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 am 

BokJock wrote:
penguin wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Actually it is Scotland, so Boris probably would - the Channel Islands then?

Probably got a few mates with money squirreled away there...no deal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 am 

BokJock wrote:

What if the Faroes started chatting to the Argies about a base there? Would Boris not step in?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:17 am 

BokJock wrote:

What if the Faroes started chatting to the Argies about a base there? Would Boris not step in?

Boris would offer to buy the Faroes and then spit the dummy if they refused to sell?!?!? :?

Who were Denmark going let have a base on Greenland?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 am 

The Man Without Fear wrote:

“Where have they gone, where they’re defending these two people over the state of Israel? And I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty.”

I wouldn't be surprised if bibi set him up for that piece of wedge politics. We're going to hear a lot more about that strategy in the years to come. Definitely.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:25 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am 

The streak continues Uthikoloshe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:34 am 

Rinkals wrote:

I was answering Bokkom's question which essentially tried to place Fox News on an equal footing in terms of accuracy, but from a Republican perspective.

You made the point about media bias in the UK, and I have to concede a Telegraph reader is not going to receive the same news as a Guardian reader. Fox News is a product of Rupert Murdoch's experience of the British Media model, so it is far more likely to ignore or downplay stories which don't conform to it's bias and present stories in a way that it's readers want and that confirms their own opinions.

My whole point is that it's dangerous to simply label the MSM as fake news because it undermines an essential part of a functioning democracy, which, of course, is exactly what Trump is trying to do.

I'm not labelling the MSM as fake news. And calling out their biases and agenda driven coverage is pointing out how democracy isnt functioning as it should do. It's even more a crack in democracy when we even have evidence the MSM takes direction and influence from their sides political parties as wikileaks has shown. Trump may well be doing it, but so has Obama/Clinton done it to Fox. Both sides are echoing a truth. Even reporters who have worked for these organisations openly state how these organisations push agendas. How can there be any denial or push back that they work this way?

I'm not saying the MSM makes up fake news daily, I am saying they hugely slant it in their framing, use opinion pieces to project false or corrupted narratives and that's a huge concern. Pretending or arguing against this the MSM isn't doing this does not make Democracy work better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:35 am 

The Man Without Fear wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if bibi set him up for that piece of wedge politics. We're going to hear a lot more about that strategy in the years to come. Definitely.

Further, as far as I can tell, and at the risk of using one of my own banned words, trump seems to be using a reverse anti-semitic 'trope'. He seems to be accusing democrat Jews of being insufficiently loyal to Israel, which is a nifty inversion of the dual loyalty 'trope'.

4D indeed. Inevitably leftist dopes have fallen for it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:35 am 

Is it true that the Trump administration is negotiating with the Taliban?
Ie retreat of all troops from Afghanistan is in the plate, in exchange of reconnaissance of Taliban rights over a moderate form of government in Afghanistan?
This is what was told me by a friend from Qatar (that apparently knows few thing about that - mind you maybe it is all bulkshit).
A new Vietnam-style ending of a never ending war in the making?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:36 am 

Uthikoloshe wrote:

Surely America should be replaced with Denmark and Canada with the USA? Because that's the actual situation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:45 am 

Quote:
Trump retreats from gun control proposals, three weeks after US mass shootings

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... -shootings

Cowards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:49 am 

AlanBengio wrote:
Is it true that the Trump administration is negotiating with the Taliban?
Ie retreat of all troops from Afghanistan is in the plate, in exchange of reconnaissance of Taliban rights over a moderate form of government in Afghanistan?
This is what was told me by a friend from Qatar (that apparently knows few thing about that - mind you maybe it is all bulkshit).
A new Vietnam-style ending of a never ending war in the making?

It's been all over the news for the past 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 pm 

Project iceworm sounds interesting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm 

Ted. wrote:
Quote:
Trump retreats from gun control proposals, three weeks after US mass shootings

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... -shootings

Cowards.

A completely c#nt move!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:09 pm 

Project iceworm sounds interesting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm

Project Buy Greenland sounds silly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2501, 2502, 2503, 2504, 2505, 2506, 2507 ... 2524  Next