Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2621, 2622, 2623, 2624, 2625, 2626, 2627 ... 2658  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:21 am 

Just reading about the Judiciary hearing and it appears Berke, a witness for the Dems, then stepped to the other side of the bench to question the Rep witness. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:01 am 

puku wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Durham:

Spoiler: show

Barr:

Running out of places to run, the posse hot on the trail.

So the Horowitz report already being downplayed by, well, a Trump political appointee and a fully signed up member of the Grand Ole Party.

So no surprise there.

I recall Merry saying that the IG report was going to end with people going to jail. Or summint like that.

Quote:
One FBI agent said in an instant message he "was so elated with the election" and likened the coverage to "watching a Super Bowl comeback".

Another agent sent a message on the morning after the election saying: "Trump!" His colleague replied: "Hahaha." "LOL," the agent responded.

These guys need to be investigated.

doubt it.

when federal attorneys like Huber and durham (with the power to indict, etc) report in, then you'll see the fireworks.

tick tock. ;)

(edit: having said that, this report could well 'end with people going to jail', once the subject it deals with is finally closed. depends how you want to argue it, s'pose)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:14 am 

Hunter Biden goes into the woods to hunt a bear. He carries the shotgun that Groper Joe his father, scares away burglars with.

After a while, he spots a very large bear, takes aim, and fires. When the smoke clears, the bear is gone. A moment later, the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says, “No one shoots at me and gets away with it. You have two choices: I can rip your throat out and eat you, or you can drop your trousers, bend over, and take it like your Sister-in-Law took it”

Hunter decides that anything is better than death, so he drops his trousers and bends over; and the bear does what he said he would do. After the bear has left, Hunter pulls up his trousers and staggers back into town. He’s pretty mad. He buys a much larger gun and returns to the forest. He sees the same bear, aims, and fires. When the smoke clears, the bear is gone. A moment later the bear taps Hunter on the shoulder and says, “You know what to do.” Afterward, Hunter pulls up his trousers, crawls back into town, and buys a bazooka. Now he’s really mad. He returns to the forest, sees the bear, aims, and fires. The force of the bazooka blast knocks him flat on his back.

When the smoke clears, the bear is standing over him and says, “You’re not doing this for the hunting, are you?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:19 am 

Santa wrote:
So this Schiff thing is atill unclear Do we know where he got Nunes' phone records because there's still a hint that he directly subpoenad them. Anyone know the facts?

When you say "there's still a hint" do you mean "I'm starting a rumour"?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:44 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
So this Schiff thing is atill unclear Do we know where he got Nunes' phone records because there's still a hint that he directly subpoenad them. Anyone know the facts?

When you say "there's still a hint" do you mean "I'm starting a rumour"?

If I have to.

Naw just reading around and it still seems a bit unclear is all. No matter. There's still the question of Schiff getting hold of and publishing Solomon's phone records which actually has constitutional implications in terms of protected speech - he is a jounralist after all - whatever you think of Solomon. Not much on that in here from the defenders of all that is good. Not much in the press either. Still its just a continuation of Dem behaviour under Obama so at least they're not being hypocritical. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am 

So the Press reaction to the IG report is interesting. Can be summed up as IG Absolves FBI with minor criticisms.

Hmm. Those minor criticisms are in good part about the FBI's behaviour in relation to a super secret and super powerful court where their main responsibility is to provide exculpatory information. And they decided not to. They were warned and they ignored the warning. These minor criticisms have prompted Wray to implement a 40 point action plan and the IG to do a full audit of the court.

I would expect the civil liberties types to be all over this. Hopefully we hear a peep. Just a little peep. But the TDS may be too strong. Any civil liberties folks on here? O

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 am 

Just noticing a bit more about this Finland story mentioned above. I notice this:

Quote:
Finland's leading party has nominated a 34-year-old prime minister, making her the world's youngest premier in a women-led coalition cabinet after a political shake-up.

Sanna Marin, 34 from the dominant Social Democrats, who was nominated on Sunday, will have a finance minister two years her junior. Centre Party chief Katri Kulmuni, 32, will get the finance post when the full new cabinet is announced this week, party members said.

Finland's government resigned last week after the Centre Party said it had lost confidence in Social Democrat Prime Minister Antti Rinne over his handling of a postal strike.

The five parties in power - four of them led by women - decided to stay in coalition and continue with the same programmes, but said there would be a reshuffle.

Green Party leader Maria Ohisalo, 34, will continue as interior minister, the Left Alliance's chairwoman Li Andersson, 32, as education minister and the Swedish People's Party's Anna-Maja Henriksson, 55, as justice minister.

It's like an entire generation of people just walked away from power. Just ceded the roles. It's such a global pattern that I'm wondering if what is going on is that boomers have bed blocked so many senior roles that Gen Xers have gone off to do something else with their lives, then all of a sudden, in a rush, leadership roles are completely skipping a generation to these inexperienced for the most part completely cucked and brainwashed millenials.

Russia should just invade. They'll deserve it.

Finland is a successful homogeneous country, I'd thought you'd like it. Obviously can't get past your misogyny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:07 am 

Santa wrote:
So the Press reaction to the IG report is interesting. Can be summed up as IG Absolves FBI with minor criticisms.

Hmm. Those minor criticisms are in good part about the FBI's behaviour in relation to a super secret and super powerful court where their main responsibility is to provide exculpatory information. And they decided not to. They were warned and they ignored the warning. These minor criticisms have prompted Wray to implement a 40 point action plan and the IG to do a full audit of the court.

I would expect the civil liberties types to be all over this. Hopefully we hear a peep. Just a little peep. But the TDS may be too strong. Any civil liberties folks on here? O

I think you're missing the point. Normally, those kinds of procedural mistakes would be red meat to social justice types. But they emerged in an atmosphere of pumped expectation that the FBI plotted against the presidency, in a deliberate coup. I hate pigeons shitting on my head, but if it's instead of an asteroid strike, I'll take the birdshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:12 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

I think you're missing the point. Normally, those kinds of procedural mistakes would be red meat to social justice types. But they emerged in an atmosphere of pumped expectation that the FBI plotted against the presidency, in a deliberate coup. I hate pigeons shitting on my head, but if it's instead of an asteroid strike, I'll take the birdshit.

I don't think I am missing the point. It's TDS. These folks have lost their perspective. Preventing pigeon shit is part of their job. Anyway there's still one report to come on the asterois strike and the signs are that Durham has something.

Last edited by Santa on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:14 am 

This seems to be your Mueller report moment Santa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:22 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
Just noticing a bit more about this Finland story mentioned above. I notice this:

Quote:
Finland's leading party has nominated a 34-year-old prime minister, making her the world's youngest premier in a women-led coalition cabinet after a political shake-up.

Sanna Marin, 34 from the dominant Social Democrats, who was nominated on Sunday, will have a finance minister two years her junior. Centre Party chief Katri Kulmuni, 32, will get the finance post when the full new cabinet is announced this week, party members said.

Finland's government resigned last week after the Centre Party said it had lost confidence in Social Democrat Prime Minister Antti Rinne over his handling of a postal strike.

The five parties in power - four of them led by women - decided to stay in coalition and continue with the same programmes, but said there would be a reshuffle.

Green Party leader Maria Ohisalo, 34, will continue as interior minister, the Left Alliance's chairwoman Li Andersson, 32, as education minister and the Swedish People's Party's Anna-Maja Henriksson, 55, as justice minister.

It's like an entire generation of people just walked away from power. Just ceded the roles. It's such a global pattern that I'm wondering if what is going on is that boomers have bed blocked so many senior roles that Gen Xers have gone off to do something else with their lives, then all of a sudden, in a rush, leadership roles are completely skipping a generation to these inexperienced for the most part completely cucked and brainwashed millenials.

Russia should just invade. They'll deserve it.

Finland is a successful homogeneous country, I'd thought you'd like it. Obviously can't get past your misogyny.

This will be Finland the country with the Soldiers of Odin mercenary group yeah? No issues with immigration there no. Listen, I make a post focused solely on age and you accuse me of misogyny. That right there is projection - your obsession with feminist issues is noted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:23 am 

Impressive response from Wray

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press ... ayout_view

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:23 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

He was a candidate at that stage, not President yeah? Russiagate was the coup attempt. :thumbup: EDIT: so is the impeachment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 am 

Just catching up on Tucker now. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:42 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

He was a candidate at that stage, not President yeah? Russiagate was the coup attempt. :thumbup: EDIT: so is the impeachment.

This is like the Vatican.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:44 am 

Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

I don't think I am missing the point. It's TDS. These folks have lost their perspective. Preventing pigeon shit is part of their job. Anyway there's still one report to come on the asterois strike and the signs are that Durham has something.

I agree. We absolutely rely on the police to follow procedures. Especially the security police. The FBI are notorious for this kind of shit, and much worse. Not just breaking rules but fabricating evidence. They've planted false stories and published bogus leaflets in the name of targeted groups. They've forged correspondence, sent anonymous letters, and made anonymous telephone calls. And that's all on the record. God only knows what they got up to in secret. They can't be given a free pass by progressives because the target was Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 am 

6.Jones wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

This is like the Vatican.

I was pondering this the other day and I think what we might be seeing is a permanent shift in the sense of an introduction to perpetual adversarial politics for the President. Clearly there's always been a way for the President to shoot himself in the foot, but mostly the tendency has been to allow a four year cycle - unlike in the Westminster system where a Prime Minister is fighting for his political life daily - mostly from his own side! But the opposition is in a perpetual state of 'trying to bring down the government'. The US Presidency, as the Executive, as kind of been above that. No more I suspect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

I agree. We absolutely rely on the police to follow procedures. Especially the security police. The FBI are notorious for this kind of shit, and much worse. Not just breaking rules but fabricating evidence. They've planted false stories and published bogus leaflets in the name of targeted groups. They've forged correspondence, sent anonymous letters, and made anonymous telephone calls. And that's all on the record. God only knows what they got up to in secret. They can't be given a free pass by progressives because the target was Trump.

Here's the thing, because this is really important: they did this because they didn't think they were going to get caught. Hillary was a shoe-in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:03 am 

Here's the thing, because this is really important: they did this because they didn't think they were going to get caught. Hillary was a shoe-in.

Undoubtedly. But they do it all the time because they don't think they're going to get caught. The list of FBI malfeasance and outright criminality over the past half century's a long one.

The 'thing' - I respectfully submit, your honor - is it wasnt a coup. What they made were procedural errors. Meh. Sack them by all means. But the institution didn't try to prevent Trump being elected. Maybe if they thought Trump was going to win it would have, we'll never know.

Anything can happen, and be litigated, in the realms of the imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:16 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

Just to pick up on this it is especially important in FICA where the 'defendant' has no representation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:23 am 

Santa wrote:
Just to pick up on this it is especially important in FICA where the 'defendant' has no representation.

Absolutely. They cherry picked evidence in FICA applications. I think you're pushing against an open door. No one's going to dispute that. Everyone's too happy the FBI didn't act to prevent Trump being elected, in a mercy pre-coup.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:07 am 

Intersting stat on the number of paid for ads (aired I think of TV rather than social media) by affiliates of the Dems and Republicans. The Dems have tried in their campaign advertising not to politicise the impeachment proceedings, or maybe just don't have the money, and have aired 1 advert, whereas the Republicans have gone with a strong ad buy to try and shift or at least hold public opinion, and they've aired 4235 ads.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 am 

piquant wrote:
Intersting stat on the number of paid for ads (aired I think of TV rather than social media) by affiliates of the Dems and Republicans. The Dems have tried in their campaign advertising not to politicise the impeachment proceedings, or maybe just don't have the money, and have aired 1 advert, whereas the Republicans have gone with a strong ad buy to try and shift or at least hold public opinion, and they've aired 4235 ads.

Your naivety will get you killed young grasshopper.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 am 

Reading Barr's disagreements with his own department is he merely saying he doesn't like the policies of the FBI as applied to Donald Trump? If anything looking at the detail of the procedures the FBI follows they went above minimum requirements.

And if he doesn't like the idea of an election campaign being investigated, and I can understand that whilst also thinking more pertinently you cannot refuse to investigate crime, is there a body of work he's authored and/or given interviews wherein he's protested the investigation into Hillary Clinton?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:35 am 

Santa wrote:
piquant wrote:

Your naivety will get you killed young grasshopper.

That's ads pertaining to impeachment. The Dems are of course buying ads relating to health care, and I'd assume other domestic policy areas such as education. I suppose one could argue Trump is so synonymous with crime/impeachment that any mention of Trump turns any ad into an ad on impeachment, but the point would stand the Dems are (for now) not pushing this into their messaging campaign beyond answering reporter questions. I suspect that this, not actively buying ads to pursue the message Trump is a criminal, will hold only for the next few weeks/months, I cannot imagine it will not be part of the 2020 message that a criminal is running for the WH to apart from anything else simply enjoy the idea he has some immunity from prosecution.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:45 am 

piquant wrote:
Reading Barr's disagreements with his own department is he merely saying he doesn't like the policies of the FBI as applied to Donald Trump? If anything looking at the detail of the procedures the FBI follows they went above minimum requirements.

And if he doesn't like the idea of an election campaign being investigated, and I can understand that whilst also thinking more pertinently you cannot refuse to investigate crime, is there a body of work he's authored and/or given interviews wherein he's protested the investigation into Hillary Clinton?

One further, if Barr is essentially saying that the opening of an investigation into some of those aides on the Trump campaign required too little evidence to justify the opening of an investigation that's not necessarily unfair, I don't happen to agree but it's not without reason. However as with wondering where Barr's comments defending Hillary Clinton are (basically seeking some consistency rather than bias and rank hypocrisy from Barr), then during his tenure as AG what has Barr done to raise the threshold for police the FBI and so on to open investigations, how many cases are now not being followed because you often don't have evidence before doing the investigation, and does that newly raised bar apply to the investigation Durham is/will be running?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm 

The two Horowitz reports essentially follow the same pattern.

- they are narrow examinations of how DoJ policies were applied (or not)
- they are pretty daming in these narrow terms
- they take essentially the same approach to the issue of political bias. He will not extrapolate it from behaviours/acts - there has to be clear written or testimonial evidence that a particular decison was driven by bias.

We are left with reports that make it clear huge breakdowns in policy and process (and some pretty wild excercises of discretionary powers) occurred in two highly politicised investgations and these were almost all* directionally favourable to one set of poltical actors. But any drawing of dots is up to the reader.

I think Durham may be a little different!

* The one pretty big exception was the decision to discuss the case against Clinton after a no charge decison. At the time, I genuinely tht Comey was appalled by how the DoJ and sections of the FBI had run the investigation and charging analysis and felt voters needed info to make up there own minds. But it was pretty clear from the first report he had many chances to put the investigation on a proper footing. Man's just a messy bitch who lives for drama.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:21 pm 

Am I alone in thinking that America's security police not conducting an operation to bring down a candidate [as was alleged] is actually quite a big thing? Or are we saying Horowitz wasn't empowered to look at that question? That was an oversight. I bet Bill Barr is rueing not making it more explicit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:23 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Am I alone in thinking that America's security police not conducting an operation to bring down a candidate [as was alleged] is actually quite a big thing? Or are we saying Horowitz wasn't empowered to look at that question? That was an oversight. I bet Bill Barr is rueing not making it more explicit.

Well, you clearly didn't watch Hannity last night.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:25 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Am I alone in thinking that America's security police not conducting an operation to bring down a candidate [as was alleged] is actually quite a big thing? Or are we saying Horowitz wasn't empowered to look at that question? So it's still in play?

?

Horowitz is clear the FBI can investigate politcal actors - they don't become immune fronm investigation by being political actors. So part of the spin on the report from the Dems is "Horowtz validates decison to investgation". But that was never really the question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:25 pm 

The real problem here is the Trump administration hasn't got the administrative minerals to get anyone to actually look at the lizard creatures who are so obviously controlling our lives. What's Carter Page doing these days? I bet he'll go there. Yes sir, I saw them. They're among us.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:26 pm 

zzzz wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Am I alone in thinking that America's security police not conducting an operation to bring down a candidate [as was alleged] is actually quite a big thing? Or are we saying Horowitz wasn't empowered to look at that question? So it's still in play?

?

Horowitz is clear the FBI can investigate politcal actors - they don't become immune fronm investigation by being political actors. So part of the spin on the report from the Dems is "Horowtz validates decison to investgation". But that was never really the question.

I thought he was investigating the deep state. Boo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:29 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
zzzz wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

?

Horowitz was never gonna put his hand in that blender!

Some useful analysis here.

https://twitter.com/KimStrassel/status/ ... 9133919232

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 pm 

This is really bad

Quote:
9)And this: FBI failed to tell Court that Page was approved as an "operational contact" for another U.S. agency, and "candidly" reported his interactions with a Russian intel officer. FBI instead used that Russian interaction against Page, with no exculpatory detail.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:49 pm 

6.Jones wrote:

If I recall correctly the main focus of the IG's report was the FISA warrant. I don't know how or why went into the predication stuff and he may have made an error going there.

Re Barr and Durham's comments I imagine a conversation like this.

BB: H-dawg dont say that about the predication. We got some muthafuckin' shit coming down the pipeline

H-Dawg: Like what?

BB: Can't zackly say atm. Ongoing investigation

H-Dawg: BB, my homie, I got to go with what I got.

I reckon H-Dawg is a straight shooter and is unwilling to go beyond the remit and evidence he has. Fair enough.

As to whether a candidate can be investigated, fo sure they can. You just better make sure it's a sneaky clean process because a) that dude might become your boss and b) this is potentially banana republic level shit and you are messing with an election.

They didn't. For reasons that Seneca has already pointed out. Now they have to suck it.

Last edited by Santa on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 pm 

zzzz wrote:
This is really bad

Quote:
9)And this: FBI failed to tell Court that Page was approved as an "operational contact" for another U.S. agency, and "candidly" reported his interactions with a Russian intel officer. FBI instead used that Russian interaction against Page, with no exculpatory detail.

That looks exactly similar to a lie and manufacturing false evidence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 pm 

zzzz wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
zzzz wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

?

Some useful analysis here.

https://twitter.com/KimStrassel/status/ ... 9133919232

So Schiff lied and Nunes is vindicated. Will history repeat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:19 pm 

zzzz wrote:

An understatement zzzz.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:23 pm 

zzzz wrote:
This is really bad

Quote:

Hmm. That was from 2008 to 2013, not during the course of the investigation. And operational contact doesn't mean he does missions. It means he's a source. Christopher Steele was also an operational contact.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:27 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
zzzz wrote:
This is really bad

Quote:

Hmm. That was from 2008 to 2013, not during the course of the investigation. And operational contact doesn't mean he does missions. It means he's a source. Christopher Steele was also an operational contact.

So you reckon it was okay?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2621, 2622, 2623, 2624, 2625, 2626, 2627 ... 2658  Next