Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2623, 2624, 2625, 2626, 2627, 2628, 2629 ... 2658  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:12 pm 

My view: that is a very feeble 24 hours for the Dems. There is enough in the IG report to go for days on Fox and feed the suspicion among the base. And there are very serious questions to ask about the FBI. The predicate exoneration is going to be swallowed up by that.

And then we get this joke of an impeachment.

A charge of nothing that will be lucky to pass the vote and a charge so woolly and unspecified it is essentially meaningless.

What a shambles.

Last edited by Santa on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm 

So right after announcing at their press conference the articles of impeachment earlier this morning, Pelosi announces reaching a deal with the White House on USMCA (U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, NAFTA replacement). :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:21 pm 

Santa wrote:
My view: that is a very feeble 24 hours for the Dems. There is enough in the IG report to go for days on Fox and feed the suspicion among the base. And there are very aerioua queations to ask about tge FBI. The predicate exoneration is going to be swallowed up by that.

A charge of nothing that will be lucky to pass the vote and a charge so woolly and unspecified it is essentially meaningless.

What a shambles.

Surely it's more feeble for the people who expected Horowitz to open up a big can of whoop-worms on Hilary Clinton and the Illuminati deep state lizard people? Seriously, a political movement that gets its intel from Alex jones must have to work hard to stop the bottom lip trembling, from the occasional disappointment.

Last edited by 6.Jones on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
My view: that is a very feeble 24 hours for the Dems. There is enough in the IG report to go for days on Fox and feed the suspicion among the base. And there are very aerioua queations to ask about tge FBI. The predicate exoneration is going to be swallowed up by that.

What a shambles.

Surely it's more feeble for the people who expected Horowitz to open up a big can of whoop-worm on Hilary Clinton and the Illuminati deep state lizard people?

Since nobidy thinks that no it's not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:23 pm 

Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

What a shambles.

Surely it's more feeble for the people who expected Horowitz to open up a big can of whoop-worm on Hilary Clinton and the Illuminati deep state lizard people?

Since nobidy thinks that no it's not.

I could mine this thread. :nod: Now there's a new enquiry that's going to give those face sliders their come-uppance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:28 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
So right after announcing at their press conference the articles of impeachment earlier this morning, Pelosi announces reaching a deal with the White House on USMCA (U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, NAFTA replacement). :lol:

They're a joke. Worse than Corbyns Labour party. The shittiest bunch of crap political party in the Anglo world.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

What a shambles.

Surely it's more feeble for the people who expected Horowitz to open up a big can of whoop-worms on Hilary Clinton and the Illuminati deep state lizard people? Seriously, a political movement that gets its intel from Alex jones must have to work hard to stop the bottom lip trembling, from the occasional disappointment.

Yeah, um dude, don't wear a wetsuit made of straw while water-skiing and jumping big fish with sharp teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:

I think without doubt Pelosi will be happier discussing things like that, and even more so discussing healthcare rather than impeachment. She might without any pressure from her own party still be happy to say we're going to stop these proceedings, not that we think Trump hasn't disgraced himself, but she'd be happy to say we trust the voters to make their decision. But for sure she's getting plenty of pressure in her own party

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:

What a shambles.

Yeah, um dude, don't wear a wetsuit made of straw while water-skiing and jumping big fish with sharp teeth.

I only jump baby sharks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:46 pm 

piquant wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

I think without doubt Pelosi will be happier discussing things like that, and even more so discussing healthcare rather than impeachment. She might without any pressure from her own party still be happy to say we're going to stop these proceedings, not that we think Trump hasn't disgraced himself, but she'd be happy to say we trust the voters to make their decision. But for sure she's getting plenty of pressure in her own party

She's an old woman, her best days well behind her, struggling to hold back forces that are going to tear the party apart.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:32 pm 

BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
Santa wrote:
piquant wrote:
All rather begs the question what report did they give Trump? A crayon drawing with Trump astride a tank gun turret as the tank takes aim at a group of witches hunting him?

It doesn't beg that question at all.

Surely nobody believes Trump read an actual report? So they've given him something, and something that perhaps tried to assuage him, but presented with the head of the FBI defending his agency Trump is still rattled enough to go back on the attack against law enforcement, which once upon a time wasn't a Republican norm

I can believe they gave him a one page crayon drawing update, and in the spirit of fairness I'm willing to accept Trump might even have read the whole page

Trump said the report was worse than he could have imagined - the report says it was not a "politically biased investigation" which Trump has continually claimed - even saying it was the worst witch hunt in history.

So either he didn't read it or the report says they were burning Trump campaign staffers at the stake in Salem.

Bearing in mind that the Mueller report was interpreted as "total exoneration", I'm sure Trump has no difficulty in interpreting any report as concluding anything he wants it to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:11 pm 

The impeachment will be dismissed in the senate. I’m sure everyone knows this.

Maybe the Dems’ plan is to have every GOP stooge put their name on Trump for posterity. The truth will all come out one day, and they’ll all have a permanent record to defend. Let’s see how many of their sons take their bride’s surnames to avoid the stench.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:21 pm 

Schiff's lies are starting to be picked up.

https://twitter.com/jacklgoldsmith/stat ... 3800439808

Lies we know:
1. Schiff lied about the FISA applications. Nunes was right.
2. Schiff lied about seeing evidence in relation to Russiagate
3. Schiff lied about contact with the Whistleblower

He is a lieability dudes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:46 pm 

towny wrote:

Maybe the Dems’ plan is to have every GOP stooge put their name on Trump for posterity. The truth will all come out one day, and they’ll all have a permanent record to defend. Let’s see how many of their sons take their bride’s surnames to avoid the stench.

The Dems' plan is pretty transparent: win the 2020 presidential election.

Let's play a game.

Quote:
"[The majority party] in the House of Representatives have squandered literally tens of millions of dollars going down all kinds of investigative rabbit holes with absolutely no evidence of illegal activity. I believe the American people have higher expectations for their elected officials, and they want Congress to start doing its job and focusing on issues that matter instead of these ridiculous, partisan, taxpayer-funded attacks."

Who said it and when?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:43 pm 

I forgot this article existed, but I just saw it linked somewhere. A brilliant prediction, in its own way, of the coming of Trump, by dissecting the sheer awfulness of the Obama era neo-liberal elite: aka the worst ruling class of all time. http://exiledonline.com/all-the-preside ... ows/all/1/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:16 am 

towny wrote:

The abuse of power will get chopped under the current arguments of a lack of direct evidence. The obstruction charge is a chunk more tricky. I think Pelosi is going to win this on the balance. The GOP are going to have to wear whatever they let Trump get away with. Both how they they proceed on the trial of that and their final conclusion will have ramifications.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:40 am 

Flyin Ryan wrote:

Making the distinction between the Administration, & the President ?

They are showing that they are still prepared to work with the Administration, despite having serious disagreements on their policy; but are still not going to turn a blind eye to the President filling his pockets with taxpayers money.

I'm sure that there was still the same stuff happening during Nixons impeachment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 am 

Well, this is a bit of a self own.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status ... 5607333888

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:02 am 

spookier than the adamms family.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:11 am 

I am just glad Nancy suddenly remembered her obligations under the Constitution.
Way back when she was in on the shenanigans, she refused to be part of any impeachment proceedings.
Like George Carlin said: "It's a big club and you are not in it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKk1s1AXss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:

Nobody ever said these people were smart enough to not make themselves look stupid at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:02 am 

In an alternative universe Hillary won, and is now doing everything that Trump did. The same players are arguing the right and wrongs in that universe's PR, but their positions are all reversed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:25 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
In an alternative universe Hillary won, and is now doing everything that Trump did. The same players are arguing the right and wrongs in that universe's PR, but their positions are all reversed.

So what you're saying is you're a hypocrite. Tosser.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:42 am 

Santa wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

I would like to say it's interesting that you would view it that way, but unfortunately it's not an unexpected response from you.

Bit close to home eh?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:25 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Santa wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

I would like to say it's interesting that you would view it that way, but unfortunately it's not an unexpected response from you.

Bit close to home eh?

If Hillary had pandered to the Russians, negligently dismantled the machinery of state, lied constantly, boasted of her sexual exploits, continuously demanded her political opponents be imprisoned, shat her pants while playing golf, wore her hair in a 270-degree combover, first learned Lincoln was a Republican when she became president, the claimed to be better than Lincoln, raped the environment, deregulated every kind of industrial safety, withdrew from the Paris accord, started a trade war with China with no plan to win it, let the North Koreans fire whatever missiles they want after threatening nuclear war, held up military aid to Ukraine, governed by Tweet, based on content plagiarised in real time from Fox and Friends, and claimed she was the best president ever, yeah I'd impeach the motherfcuker too.

I accept those are different articles of impeachment to the ones we have. I can't help but think mine are better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:33 am 

merry! wrote:

spookier than the adamms family.

Bunch of fckign freaks and morons. When historians sit down and ponder 'how Trump' they just need to look at that photo of tenth tier losers. Americans were clearly getting desperate. Something eventually has to give when the institutions full up with people entirely inappropriate for the roles. This is a problem across the developed world.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 am 

Thank goodness then that the US President only surrounds himself with the very best people huh ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:50 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Santa wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

Bit close to home eh?

If Hillary had pandered to the Russians, negligently dismantled the machinery of state, lied constantly, boasted of her sexual exploits, continuously demanded her political opponents be imprisoned, shat her pants while playing golf, wore her hair in a 270-degree combover, first learned Lincoln was a Republican when she became president, the claimed to be better than Lincoln, raped the environment, deregulated every kind of industrial safety, withdrew from the Paris accord, started a trade war with China with no plan to win it, let the North Koreans fire whatever missiles they want after threatening nuclear war, held up military aid to Ukraine, governed by Tweet, based on content plagiarised in real time from Fox and Friends, and claimed she was the best president ever, yeah I'd impeach the motherfcuker too.

I accept those are different articles of impeachment to the ones we have. I can't help but think mine are better.

All Hillary would have had to have done was wear a tan pants-suit and give Bill a terrorist fist jab and the articles would have been drawn up.

These f**king GOP jokers wanted to put Hillary in jail not just remove her from office for some emails before she was even president.

The sheer brass nuts to now come out and accuse the "left" of wanting to oust the president is absolutely breathtaking, especially since he almost certainly did the thing he was accused of.

fudge me - Hannity even accused her of murdering one of her staffers, and Trump babbles incoherently about fake news

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:05 am 

The definitive articles of impeachment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:13 am 

eugenius wrote:
Thank goodness then that the US President only surrounds himself with the very best people huh ?

Here's the deal Eug, I had an earlier version of that post which had a line that went something like this: 'Sure, Trump and his New York cavalcade of grotesques is hardly top tier leadership material either, but you only have to look at this lot to understand how desperate people were getting' or something like that. But I didn't think anyone would be so stupid as to do a little bit of mediocre whataboutery.

But it underlines a key point in this, and that is the piquants and bokjoks of this place, not to mention the millions sitting in sunbelt homes glued to MSNBC / CNN are having a real problem: they're being squeezed into ever narrow crevices of appalling desperation, stupidity, and outright immorality in this quest to down Big Orange Bad, and they're being done so by really really bad and mediocre people.

Look hard at this parade of idiots: that's who you've ended up backing. Cash in your chips and leave the casino on this one would be my advice. Those suckers are going down. Mad Rudy is only getting started and it's going to get medieval. Natural order always reasserts itself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:15 am 

6.Jones wrote:
The definitive articles of impeachment.

ALL ROUND PLUM GUY :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 am 

And the goer downer in chief will be Adam Schiff. His perfidy is being noticed and noted.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... ocrats-too

Quote:
All of this counts as an abuse of the FISA process. Not too long ago this was something that concerned Democrats, who led the charge to create the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act after horrendous surveillance abuse was uncovered in the 1970s. That legislation created a role for the courts to oversee the surveillance state’s electronic eavesdropping.

Now Democrats act as a firewall for that surveillance state. Some of this is because Trump has used his perch at the White House to attack the credibility on the FBI and the intelligence community in general. Echoing the online conspiracy theories of fringe left and right, Trump refers to these institutions as the “deep state.” Democrats have sought to defend the legitimacy of these institutions.

But their reaction has also blinded them to real abuses. Consider the January 29, 2018, memo from House Intelligence Committee Democrats defending the FISA warrant of Page. It asserts that the FBI would have been “remiss in their duty to protect the country had they not sought a FISA warrant and repeated renewals to conduct temporary surveillance of Carter Page.” This position now looks absurd.

The ranking member of that committee at the time was Representative Adam Schiff. Today he is assembling the impeachment case against Trump. Last year, the broad outlines of the Horowitz report were undoubtedly known to Schiff and his colleagues. In 2018, Schiff could have acknowledged the FBI’s errors in the Page warrant and sought the kinds of reforms that Horowitz recommends in 2019.

Instead, Schiff decided to accuse his Republican colleagues of misleading the public about the Page warrant. Psychologists have a term for this: They call it “projection.”

When the Nunes' memo came out all of you, to a man*, pooh poohed it. And all of you, to a man, bought Adam Schiff's counter narrative. Well, well, well.

* Some men excepted of course.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:

Not necessarily. Hillary was not universally loved by Democrats, and there may have been plenty who would be happy to see her brought down and have the opportunity for a more progressive replacement. The Cult of Trump, on the other hand, has totally overtaken the Republican Party.

Now replace Hillary with Obama and you could be correct. The party may well have rallied to defend him in the same way that Trump's acolytes are doing for their master. Though, of course, Obama would not have done what Trump has simply because he's a better human being. Which is a low bar of achievement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 am 

Santa wrote:
And the goer downer in chief will be Adam Schiff. His perfidy is being noticed and noted.

Quote:
All of this counts as an abuse of the FISA process. Not too long ago this was something that concerned Democrats, who led the charge to create the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act after horrendous surveillance abuse was uncovered in the 1970s. That legislation created a role for the courts to oversee the surveillance state’s electronic eavesdropping.

Now Democrats act as a firewall for that surveillance state. Some of this is because Trump has used his perch at the White House to attack the credibility on the FBI and the intelligence community in general. Echoing the online conspiracy theories of fringe left and right, Trump refers to these institutions as the “deep state.” Democrats have sought to defend the legitimacy of these institutions.

But their reaction has also blinded them to real abuses. Consider the January 29, 2018, memo from House Intelligence Committee Democrats defending the FISA warrant of Page. It asserts that the FBI would have been “remiss in their duty to protect the country had they not sought a FISA warrant and repeated renewals to conduct temporary surveillance of Carter Page.” This position now looks absurd.

The ranking member of that committee at the time was Representative Adam Schiff. Today he is assembling the impeachment case against Trump. Last year, the broad outlines of the Horowitz report were undoubtedly known to Schiff and his colleagues. In 2018, Schiff could have acknowledged the FBI’s errors in the Page warrant and sought the kinds of reforms that Horowitz recommends in 2019.

Instead, Schiff decided to accuse his Republican colleagues of misleading the public about the Page warrant. Psychologists have a term for this: They call it “projection.”

When the Nunes' memo came out all of you, to a man*, pooh poohed it. And all of you, to a man, bought Adam Schiff's counter narrative. Well, well, well.

I wonder if any one is going to step up and say that the Mueller report and the Horowitz report both exposed fundamental wrong-doing - both FBI misconduct and Trumpian scumbaggery.

I read an article in Time that closed with the question, will these reports be used to demand better from both presidential campaigns and law enforcement agencies or will they simply be used as ammunition in the ongoing war of partisan charges and counter-charges?

I assume the question is rhetorical....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:57 am 

BokJock wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Santa wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

Bit close to home eh?

All Hillary would have had to have done was wear a tan pants-suit and give Bill a terrorist fist jab and the articles would have been drawn up.

These f**king GOP jokers wanted to put Hillary in jail not just remove her from office for some emails before she was even president.

The sheer brass nuts to now come out and accuse the "left" of wanting to oust the president is absolutely breathtaking, especially since he almost certainly did the thing he was accused of.

fudge me - Hannity even accused her of murdering one of her staffers, and Trump babbles incoherently about fake news

Hillary:
- was a civil servant and not the duly elected POTUS
-committed a federal felony - if anyone could prove Trump had, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 pm 

4071 wrote:
Santa wrote:

Quote:

I wonder if any one is going to step up and say that the Mueller report and the Horowitz report both exposed fundamental wrong-doing - both FBI misconduct and Trumpian scumbaggery.

I read an article in Time that closed with the question, will these reports be used to demand better from both presidential campaigns and law enforcement agencies or will they simply be used as ammunition in the ongoing war of partisan charges and counter-charges?

You're probably safe assuming your own question is rhetorical, especially if even you don't answer it.

For myself I am happy to say that Mueller uncovered scumbaggery but not criminal conduct. Imagine that: Trump engaging in scumbaggery. Zoot alors.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:29 pm 

Santa wrote:
4071 wrote:
Santa wrote:

Quote:

You're probably safe assuming your own question is rhetorical, especially if even you don't answer it.

For myself I am happy to say that Mueller uncovered scumbaggery but not criminal conduct. Imagine that: Trump engaging in scumbaggery. Zoot alors.

Scumbuggery and Obstruction of Justice x 10...a criminal offence but Mueller didn't suggest prosecution due to 1973 Justice Dept. memo which suggested that a sitting President cannot be indicted.

To quote Mueller "if we had had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:31 pm 

Bobless wrote:
Santa wrote:
4071 wrote:
Santa wrote:

Quote:

Scumbuggery and Obstruction of Justice x 10...a criminal offence but Mueller didn't suggest prosecution due to 1973 Justice Dept. memo which suggested that a sitting President cannot be indicted.

To quote Mueller "if we had had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

DOJ review said not chargeable as obstruction OLC guidance notwithstanding. Next.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Hillary:
-committed a federal felony.

I'm probably way off here, but doesn't there have to be charges and a trial and all that shizzle?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:45 pm 

Bobless wrote:
Santa wrote:
4071 wrote:
Santa wrote:

Quote:

Ahh - the heady days of being required to prove your innocence. How I regret that we now have to deal with this wishy-washy requirement for "documentary evidence" .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2623, 2624, 2625, 2626, 2627, 2628, 2629 ... 2658  Next