Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1651, 1652, 1653, 1654, 1655, 1656, 1657 ... 1698  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 pm 

Yer Man wrote:
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/948208871012696066

This chap, Felix Sater has barely been mentioned, but apparently he's actively co-operating with Mueller...

The evidence that Trump business partner Felix Sater is a cooperating individual in the Mueller probe is now overwhelming—and if he is, he's the most dangerous witness against Trump Mueller has (and that *includes* Flynn and Papadopoulos).

3/ According to Paul Wood, "Sater has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison." Again, Wood received this intel from someone speaking to a Mueller investigator—at a time when, per Wood, "For weeks there have been rumors that Sater is ready to rat again."

11/ First, understand that Sater is an ex-Russian mafia ex-con who has been working with Trump for 15 years. He has close enough ties to the Kremlin that in 2006 he arranged for Ivanka Trump to sit in Putin's private desk chair. But all that's just the *start* of a bizarre story.

16/ It's critical because ex-Russian mobster Sater has played one role in Trump's life since 2002, when he mysteriously appeared to save Trump from bankruptcy after Trump gave the Miss Universe crown to a Russian mobster's girlfriend: helping him cut business deals with Russians.

19/ The fact that the Putin-linked ex-Russian mobster Sater spent 15 years convincing Putin-linked Russian oligarchs to overpay Trump on business deals suggests he knows about the ongoing effort Russia made to develop Trump as an asset—discussed in Luke Harding's book Collusion.

Well see how this story unfolds...

I listened to a Planet Money podcast about this guy and the SoHo Tower development deal. Dodgy as fook.

There was a great bit where Donald was deposed and claimed he knew him but couldn't pick him out of a crowd in a room. Yet Sater was running around town with a business card saying he was Trump's consultant. Also Trump said he dealt with the family business and Trump delegates these things.

My little tidbit to add here and Globus moment is that statement is utter horse shit. My old boss in New York did a job on a Trump building in Manhattan and Trump signed every check over $10k personally. If you were doing any bit of work above 5 figures he knew you personally to make sure nobody pulled one over on him and he kept control. The idea that he wouldn't know the guy raising the finance for a multi million dollar, massive profile project in New York with Trump's name on is not going to fly with investigators here. I suggest listening if you had any doubt of Trump's complicity in all of this. I was certainly amazed that it hadn't been a high profile line of enquiry if even a sliver of what they alleged there was true.

It is also alleged that Bayrock Group LLC, Sater's pretty terrible at making money real estate company, was a money laundering operation for the Russians with Putin's name hovering over it all. These allegations predate any Donal presidential run so will be hard for even the most ardent of fanbois to deflect if true.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:19 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

This chap, Felix Sater has barely been mentioned, but apparently he's actively co-operating with Mueller...

The evidence that Trump business partner Felix Sater is a cooperating individual in the Mueller probe is now overwhelming—and if he is, he's the most dangerous witness against Trump Mueller has (and that *includes* Flynn and Papadopoulos).

3/ According to Paul Wood, "Sater has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison." Again, Wood received this intel from someone speaking to a Mueller investigator—at a time when, per Wood, "For weeks there have been rumors that Sater is ready to rat again."

11/ First, understand that Sater is an ex-Russian mafia ex-con who has been working with Trump for 15 years. He has close enough ties to the Kremlin that in 2006 he arranged for Ivanka Trump to sit in Putin's private desk chair. But all that's just the *start* of a bizarre story.

16/ It's critical because ex-Russian mobster Sater has played one role in Trump's life since 2002, when he mysteriously appeared to save Trump from bankruptcy after Trump gave the Miss Universe crown to a Russian mobster's girlfriend: helping him cut business deals with Russians.

19/ The fact that the Putin-linked ex-Russian mobster Sater spent 15 years convincing Putin-linked Russian oligarchs to overpay Trump on business deals suggests he knows about the ongoing effort Russia made to develop Trump as an asset—discussed in Luke Harding's book Collusion.

188/ that the chronology here is crucial. The assertion that the army was on its way at this point is utterly contradicted by previous testimony that they were ‘here to stay’. The inconsistency undermines the assessment that Hong Kong is up for #sethabramsontweetsaboutpop

Go download this and see what else you can come up. It smells pretty bad. Sater has a history of co-operating to avoid jail time and it really won't be too difficult to tie him to Trump.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/12/13/570269419/episode-812-high-rise-low-returns

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 pm 

It’s probably a good time to say something about Hillary, shills, cucks or snowflakes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:25 pm 

Rumham wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

188/ that the chronology here is crucial. The assertion that the army was on its way at this point is utterly contradicted by previous testimony that they were ‘here to stay’. The inconsistency undermines the assessment that Hong Kong is up for #sethabramsontweetsaboutpop

Go download this and see what else you can come up. It smells pretty bad. Sater has a history of co-operating to avoid jail time and it really won't be too difficult to tie him to Trump.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/12/13/570269419/episode-812-high-rise-low-returns

Sater is absolutely dodgy as fudge, no doubt about it.

I’m more mocking Seth Abramson’s tendency to completely overstate things via ridiculously long twitter strings. FFS write a blog man.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 pm 

Looks like Orrin Hatch has retired, senate seat likely to be taken by Mittens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:55 pm 

zt1903 wrote:

Here we go..

Quote:

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
If we did it in Alabama, we can do it in Utah. We don’t need Mitt Romney, a 70-year-old white man, to replace Orrin Hatch, an 83-year-old white man. Let’s get to work.
Embedded
6:40 am · 3 Jan 2018

Nish Weiseth
@NishWeiseth
Replying to @shannonrwatts
Shannon, this is not a good analogy. Utah is not Alabama, and Romney is not Roy Moore. It’s an entirely different dynamic here.

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
There are as many women in Utah as there are men. No reason we couldn’t elect one in Utah.

madalena
@madalenamcneil
Utah is also incredibly different from Alabama in terms of racial makeup, which was one of the strongest predictors in Doug Jones’s victory. Throw in a much more patriarchal culture and a unique religious bend and you’re looking at an entirely different scenario.

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
I don’t disagree. But find a moderate Dem woman and it’s not impossible. Lots of things can happen during the course of a race.

Nish Weiseth
@NishWeiseth
No. You’re missing it. A Dem, no matter how moderate, does not beat Romney. Absolutely does not.

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
I’m not “missing it.” I’m an optimist. I get it - you disagree.

madalena
@madalenamcneil
There's a difference between optimism and irresponsible naivety.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 am 

Well I think Shannon is missing a couple of relevant factors. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 am 

shanky wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Here we go..

Quote:

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
If we did it in Alabama, we can do it in Utah. We don’t need Mitt Romney, a 70-year-old white man, to replace Orrin Hatch, an 83-year-old white man. Let’s get to work.
Embedded
6:40 am · 3 Jan 2018

Nish Weiseth
@NishWeiseth
Replying to @shannonrwatts
Shannon, this is not a good analogy. Utah is not Alabama, and Romney is not Roy Moore. It’s an entirely different dynamic here.

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
There are as many women in Utah as there are men. No reason we couldn’t elect one in Utah.

madalena
@madalenamcneil
Utah is also incredibly different from Alabama in terms of racial makeup, which was one of the strongest predictors in Doug Jones’s victory. Throw in a much more patriarchal culture and a unique religious bend and you’re looking at an entirely different scenario.

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
I don’t disagree. But find a moderate Dem woman and it’s not impossible. Lots of things can happen during the course of a race.

Nish Weiseth
@NishWeiseth
No. You’re missing it. A Dem, no matter how moderate, does not beat Romney. Absolutely does not.

Shannon Watts
@shannonrwatts
I’m not “missing it.” I’m an optimist. I get it - you disagree.

madalena
@madalenamcneil
There's a difference between optimism and irresponsible naivety.

Learn the lesson people!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:16 am 

Saw this in the comments section of the Politico articles about Mitt to replace Hatch.

Quote:
tweet I saw..

Guy born in Michigan, whose only elected office was in Massachusetts, and claimed New Hampshire as his home after 2012 defeat, will run for office in Utah, but Hillary was the carpet bagger for running for US Senate in New York. Got it.
Like · Reply · Mark as spam · 16 · 3h

Marc Nichol
would add, the "liberal media" tells Hillary to go away, take up knitting, but have been pushing Romney's comeback for months

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 am 

Deadtigers wrote:
Saw this in the comments section of the Politico articles about Mitt to replace Hatch.

Quote:
tweet I saw..

Guy born in Michigan, whose only elected office was in Massachusetts, and claimed New Hampshire as his home after 2012 defeat, will run for office in Utah, but Hillary was the carpet bagger for running for US Senate in New York. Got it.

Marc Nichol
would add, the "liberal media" tells Hillary to go away, take up knitting, but have been pushing Romney's comeback for months

Cherry picking his CV much? :lol:

Romney was also a Mormon missionary and attended Brigham Young University. Been active in the Church of LDS most of his life and ran the Salt Lake City Olympics Organizing Committee.

Utah is over 60% Mormon.

And wtf has Hillary got to do with who the Republicans choose as their Senatorial candidate in Utah?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 am 

Seeing as we are covering 2018 Senatorial races, in local news Michelle "death panels" Bachmann is rumored to be considering running for Franken's vacated Senate seat.
She is hoping to bring her very own special brand of fruitloopiness back to DC. She hasn't a shit show, but it would be entertaining to see her try nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 am 

houtkabouter wrote:
It’s probably a good time to say something about Hillary, shills, cucks or snowflakes.

It's usually you (or Hong Kong) mentioning her, only to fake outrage if some other poster makes further comments. Weird that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:24 am 

Bokkom wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

It's usually you (or Hong Kong) mentioning her, only to fake outrage if some other poster makes further comments. Weird that.

:lol: saffas don’t do ironing do you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
Bokkom wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

:lol: saffas don’t do ironing do you?

:lol:
I thought we have the worst sense of humour.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 am 

zt1903 wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Quote:
tweet I saw..

Marc Nichol

Romney was also a Mormon missionary and attended Brigham Young University. Been active in the Church of LDS most of his life and ran the Salt Lake City Olympics Organizing Committee.

Utah is over 60% Mormon.

And wtf has Hillary got to do with who the Republicans choose as their Senatorial candidate in Utah?

Hillary is brought up because somehow she is a loser who has been told she is old and fade away. If that is the case what is Romney.

Now for the carpet bagger claim, it applies and and doesn't. If you look at Mitt's history of residencies, He has barely lived there. I don't count college cause that is special situation. However it doesn't because he is Mormon royalty and has done loads for that community for most of his life so no he is not a carpet bagger. He is a wayward son come home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 am 

Deadtigers wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Quote:
tweet I saw..

Marc Nichol

Utah is over 60% Mormon.

Hillary is brought up because somehow she is a loser who has been told she is old and fade away. If that is the case what is Romney.

Now for the carpet bagger claim, it applies and and doesn't. If you look at Mitt's history of residencies, He has barely lived there. I don't count college cause that is special situation. However it doesn't because he is Mormon royalty and has done loads for that community for most of his life so no he is not a carpet bagger. He is a wayward son come home.

If Hillary wants to test herself with the electorate again then absolutely she has the right to. The only people who should decide whether she’s a carpetbagger should be the relevant electorate who can either accept or reject her.

I couldn’t imagine her winning in too many places these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:05 am 

zt1903 wrote:
If Hillary wants to test herself with the electorate again then absolutely she has the right to. The only people who should decide whether she’s a carpetbagger should be the relevant electorate who can either accept or reject her.

I couldn’t imagine her winning in too many places these days.

She is irrelevant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 am 

My opinion of Utah comes from having spent a fair bit of time there (so, not comprehensively, factually proven, just an opinion).

They're Mormons first-and-foremost. They have a chip on their shoulder because your average Evangelical fundie apparently considers them a 'cult'.

It's no surprise to me that they voted for Romney at 73% in 2012, and if they do something similar again.

You're not a carpet-bagger if you're part of the persecuted tribe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:23 am 

shanky wrote:
My opinion of Utah comes from having spent a fair bit of time there (so, not comprehensively, factually proven, just an opinion).

They're Mormons first-and-foremost. They have a chip on their shoulder because your average Evangelical fundie apparently considers them a 'cult'.

It's no surprise to me that they voted for Romney at 73% in 2012, and if they do something similar again.

Christ, I'd better email Lorde, just to be on the safe side.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 am 

guy smiley wrote:
shanky wrote:

You’ve got her email?

Care to elaborate on that?

;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 am 

shanky wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
shanky wrote:

You’ve got her email?

Care to elaborate on that?

;)

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 am 

Starting the New Year in style

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 am 

It's the tweets about nuclear war that are the real dingers.

Seriously, this is what the office of POTUS has been reduced to.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 am 

https://twitter.com/robwhisman/status/9 ... 7650613250

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 am 

So presidential

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
3h
North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 am 

Fusion GPS goes on the offensive. States they told the GOP House about Trump dirt in August and they won't release that full transcript and are cherry picking parts. Kinda explains why Nunez is in a hurry to shut things down. They said investigate Deutsche Bank, instead the Fusion funds are investigated. They also remind people that the Steele paper only backs up info held by other nations intelligence agency.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/o ... n-gps.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:22 am 

Bokkom wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

The previous mention of Clinton on this thread.

Bokkom wrote:
Quote:
But there is more. Strzok was the FBI agent who changed the language used by former Director Comey in his controversial July 5, 2016, public statement clearing Clinton of criminal charges regarding her handling of classified materials. Strzok changed the final draft wording of Comey's statement from "grossly negligent" (which is commonly used in criminal cases) to the softer, non-criminal "extremely careless" wording

And a felon walks free.

I think that’s what Hong Kong meant about irony.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:37 am 

Trump camp acknowledges Hilary for a good take on Iran.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD551I5wyR8

Just to please Houtie and Hong Kong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 am 

The reason Trump is sitting in the Oval Office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWxeuI5OBig

And "another" not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:53 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:40 am 

Trump really does have a tiny penis doesn't he.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 am 

You should run that by WT. Expect he'd know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 am 

koroke hangareka wrote:

But if all he is comparing it to is his own, then it might look big to him...

<apologies to WT for puerile joke at his expense>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:08 pm 

Boys will be boys ... when they are not girls. Or transgenders.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:
So presidential

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
3h
North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!

He's gonna be Presidential. Soooooo Presidential!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:
So presidential

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
3h
North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button was made in Russia!

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
So presidential

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
3h

He's gonna be Presidential. Soooooo Presidential!

Hillaryflake snowcuck!! :x

Emails!

EMAILS!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:43 pm 

penguin wrote:
koroke hangareka wrote:

Not as childish as posting thoss stupid gifs which slow my tablet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm 

Fangle wrote:
penguin wrote:
koroke hangareka wrote:

Not as childish as posting thoss stupid gifs which slow my tablet.

Nimby.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1651, 1652, 1653, 1654, 1655, 1656, 1657 ... 1698  Next