Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1652, 1653, 1654, 1655, 1656, 1657, 1658 ... 1701  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm 

Fangle wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:00 pm 

I see Bannon has hung him out to dry now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:02 pm 

Very funny nips. But please stop with the gifs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:07 pm 

Fangle wrote:
Very funny nips. But please stop with the gifs.

Ignore this man!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:11 pm 

I have to say Fangle, one of the great pleasures for me on this site is seeing what gif Nipper chooses for a WT quote.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:23 pm 

This book looks like a good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
I have to say Fangle, one of the great pleasures for me on this site is seeing what gif Nipper chooses for a WT quote.

Your attempts at humor is infinitely funnier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:30 pm 

On the Bannon story...

https://twitter.com/Lulugirl2016/status ... 1528112128

BREAKING: Bannon Calls Trump Jr. Meeting With Kremlin Agents "Treasonous" and Says the Trump-Russia Investigation Is a "Category 5 Hurricane"-Level Threat to the Trump Administration, Countering GOP Claims It's a Hoax

Bannon: ‘They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV

He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

Bannon went on, Wolff writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up “in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people”. Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”.

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f**king Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner

Some of the comments it's drawn:

Sarah Sanders later today: "Bannon was a low-level volunteer. Nobody knew who he was."

Why should anyone believe a word Trump says?
Why should anyone believe a word Bannon says?
Why should anyone believe a word you say, if you believe Bannon or Trump?

The Mercers got what they wanted.. Huge Tax Cut... now Bannon wants what he wants. They are through with Trump.
(Actually, this line of reasoning has been around for a while - once Trümp passed his Billionaire Tax Cut Bill, he'd be expendable.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:30 pm 

Yer Man wrote:
On the Bannon story...

https://twitter.com/Lulugirl2016/status ... 1528112128

BREAKING: Bannon Calls Trump Jr. Meeting With Kremlin Agents "Treasonous" and Says the Trump-Russia Investigation Is a "Category 5 Hurricane"-Level Threat to the Trump Administration, Countering GOP Claims It's a Hoax

Bannon: ‘They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV

He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

Bannon went on, Wolff writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up “in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people”. Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”.

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f**king Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner

Some of the comments it's drawn:

Sarah Sanders later today: "Bannon was a low-level volunteer. Nobody knew who he was."

Why should anyone believe a word Trump says?
Why should anyone believe a word Bannon says?
Why should anyone believe a word you say, if you believe Bannon or Trump?

The Mercers got what they wanted.. Huge Tax Cut... now Bannon wants what he wants. They are through with Trump.
(Actually, this line of reasoning has been around for a while - once Trümp passed his Billionaire Tax Cut Bill, he'd be expendable.)

Must say, I'm a little surprised to see Bannon come out against him.

One thing's for sure, there are going to be an awful lot of tell-all memoirs once Trump departs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm 

Rinkals wrote:

One thing's for sure, there are going to be an awful lot of tell-all memoirs once Trump departs.

Once Trump departs. I don't think there is a depth he won't go to and a norm he wouldn't break to stay on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 pm 

Petej wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Once Trump departs. I don't think there is a depth he won't go to and a norm he wouldn't break to stay on.

Here's hoping :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:19 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

The obvious irritation is what makes it even funnier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

The obvious irritation is what makes it even funnier.

What moves me is the irritation shown by others. Neutrals, and even leftists.
Quite amusing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:42 pm 

Lover's quarrel

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... lose-mind/

Whichever side Fox falls on, will be the winner. Most Likely Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm 

GOP implosion begins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm 

Rumham wrote:

Just read the adapted excerpt in New York magazine. It's absolutely fucking nuts. Like something out of the foetid fever dreams of the most coked-up Hollywood scriptwriter in history. It's the sort of thing I imagine Aaron Sorkin would produce if he was drip-fed crystal meth while writing The West Wing. I will definitely be purchasing the book.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 pm 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Rumham wrote:

Just read the adapted excerpt in New York magazine. It's absolutely fucking nuts. Like something out of the foetid fever dreams of the most coked-up Hollywood scriptwriter in history. It's the sort of thing I imagine Aaron Sorkin would produce if he was drip-fed crystal meth while writing The West Wing. I will definitely be purchasing the book.

So like something WT would write, only more intelligible?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:08 pm 

Well traditionally Presidents, when the leave Office, setup Presidental libraries with all their personal papers. So given that the Trump is barely literate, & doesn't actually read briefings, but prefers one page summaries, I'm not expecting his legacy on that score to be particularly worth sharing.

Maybe the best we can hope from this administration is a bunch of nasty tell-all books, & hopefully topped off with a couple of indictments !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:34 pm 

That book sounds completely mental. Should be a great read.

The Ivanka running for office stuff is no surprise really, although what ticket that will be in will be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:44 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
Well traditionally Presidents, when the leave Office, setup Presidental libraries with all their personal papers. So given that the Trump is barely literate, & doesn't actually read briefings, but prefers one page summaries, I'm not expecting his legacy on that score to be particularly worth sharing.

Maybe the best we can hope from this administration is a bunch of nasty tell-all books, & hopefully topped off with a couple of indictments !

Trump will leave a few Mickey Mouse comics, of course labelling it as the best literature ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
The Ivanka running for office stuff is no surprise really, although what ticket that will be in will be interesting.

She has no chance. Not relatable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 pm 

Quote:

Last edited by Slim 293 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 pm 

Trump getting mocked for his button comment. I don;t know though. His base loves that shit. The bluster and the impression that he's sticking it to the man. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:52 pm 

Santa wrote:
Petej wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Here's hoping :thumbup:

What for the end of american democracy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:59 pm 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ict-322278

Seeing Trump and Bannon really starting to fling shit at each other is about the most positive thing to come out of this administration. I've said many times that Bannon, that diseased-scrotum-faced Wormtongue of a man having his insidious influence inveigled into the administration was about the worst thing possible, especially for such an easily manipulated and malleable President as Trump. Although he promised to be Trump's biggest supporter and cheerleader even after being given the boot, it's great to see that they're now at each others throats.

This promises to be a Titanic clash of the Egos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/03/steve-bannon-trump-conflict-322278

Seeing Trump and Bannon really starting to fling shit at each other is about the most positive thing to come out of this administration. I've said many times that Bannon, that diseased-scrotum-faced Wormtongue of a man having his insidious influence inveigled into the administration was about the worst thing possible, especially for such an easily manipulated and malleable President as Trump. Although he promised to be Trump's biggest supporter and cheerleader even after being given the boot, it's great to see that they're now at each others throats.

Let's hope they destroy each other.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:06 pm 

Quote:
Statement from the President of the United States

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base—he’s only in it for himself.

Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

Ouch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:07 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Quote:

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base—he’s only in it for himself.

Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

Ouch.

Daaaaayuuuummmmm... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:09 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Quote:

Ouch.

Steve the human pustule Bannon styled himself as the great puppeteer behind the success of Trump. He's gonna be pretty upset at Trump now trying to discredit his role in it all. Wonder if Trump actually has any idea what Bannon did for him, if he really is that oblivious.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 pm 

Some put down there.

Have to hand it to Trump on this one; glad he's disavowed that scumbag.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Some put down there.

Which one's a bigger scumbag though is one for the ages.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/03/steve-bannon-trump-conflict-322278

Let's hope they destroy each other.

The Pedo from Alabama seems the obvious cause of the little marital fracas. Trump backed the other horse, at the prompting of the GOP, & then when the Pedo won; then Trump; no doubt after many hours of one-syllable words of explanation, & crayon drawings, from the people who understand how to get laws passed, realized that he needed the pedo to get elected; & he'd have to reverse course & support him.

I doubt his fragile little ego would enjoy having first to delete all his tweets in support of Luther Strange, then his 2nd choice still loses; in a seat that any horses ass with a 'R' beside their name could win. Who took the credit for getting the Pedo the nomination ? ... Bannon !

Now Trump has had debase himself again by begging Orrin Hatch to not quit; & Hatch told him to stick it in his ear; & now one of Republicans who have stood against his agenda has a walk in to a safe seat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:20 pm 

Quote:
Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Some put down there.

Do you seriously imagine the Dipshit in Chief could write that ??????

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:30 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Quote:

Ouch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:34 pm 

guy smiley wrote:

Quote:
Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

That is brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pm 

The biggly bestist president evuh!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm 

Quote:
The book, due out next Tuesday, was based on more than 200 interviews with Mr Trump, senior White House staffers and confidantes conducted by Mr Wolff, a contributing editor for The Hollywood Reporter, according to publisher Henry Holt.

In a New York magazine article today adapted from the book, Mr Wolff described a campaign team looking forward to losing, from Mr Trump and his family to staffers angling for profitable jobs after the election.

When it became clear on election night that Mr Trump would win, Donald Trump Jr told a friend that his father "looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears - and not of joy."

I'm all for a bit of Trump bashing but this just sounds made up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68017 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1652, 1653, 1654, 1655, 1656, 1657, 1658 ... 1701  Next