Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2136, 2137, 2138, 2139, 2140, 2141, 2142 ... 2554  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 pm 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
just because a rape victim didn't report the incident, doesn't mean it didn't happen

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:
just because a potential rape victim didn't report an attempted rape, doesn't mean it didn't happen

Do you think it makes a difference?

Last edited by Rinkals on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:16 pm 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
just because a rape victim didn't report the incident, doesn't mean it didn't happen

Who was raped?

This guy, apparently

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ok-n870351

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

This guy, apparently

Nah, he was raped by aliens in Independance Day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:21 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Fangle wrote:
Years ago I had gone home early with a terminal case of the man flu. I was sleeping when my phone rang. I woke up in a groggy state and answered the phone with my name. From it came "Hello Dad". A young man's voice. Then the thoughts raced through my groggy mind. I thought of the very few girls who I had bedded, but as I had seen them since then, I knew that none of them had had kids from me. Then, had some girl told a kid that I was his father?

Anyway, I could sort of understand what it is like to blamed for something from the distant past. There is no way I could prove that I didn't rape someone in the distant past.

If you ever need me to be a character witness, just let me know. :twisted:

With you as my character witness, i would be convicted of murder.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

This guy, apparently

So Donald grabbed him by the pussy, or something like that ?

At least he did not stick a cigar in there ...like some.

Point is - the Dems did not win, in the Ford vs. Kavanaugh saga, and were eventually badly shown up. Electorate will remember ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:36 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:
just because a potential rape victim didn't report an attempted rape, doesn't mean it didn't happen

You should play goal keeper for your hockey team, save them the Helmet money..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Rinkals' grasp on reality.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:

You should play goal keeper for your hockey team, save them the Helmet money..

You are splitting hairs over whether an attempted rape is really that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:47 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:

If they report it does that mean it did happen?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 pm 

Santa wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:

Well, clearly not according to Trump, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:54 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Santa wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:

Is that a yes or a no?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm 

Santa wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:

It's almost as if you're attempting to jump the gun yet again.

What's with your insistence on going directly from Allegation to Judgement when it's traditional to have a few important steps inbetween? (Investigation, Trial, that sort of thing)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:01 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
It's almost as if you're attempting to jump the gun yet again.

What's with your insistence on going directly from Allegation to Judgement when it's traditional to have a few important steps inbetween? (Investigation, Trial, that sort of thing)

We'll never get them all in the gulags with that kind of process.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm 

Santa wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Santa wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Who was raped?

Alright.

Rinkals wrote:

Is that a yes or a no?

Is that a serious question?

Quite obviously you are attempting to show how clever you are by picking up little asinine points scored on the Internet.

Quite clearly it will vary from case to case, but statistically (and to be quite honest, I can't be arsed googling for it) rapes are a lot more likely not to be reported than they are to be fabricated. And, yes, that very likely true for attempted rapes too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

This guy, apparently

Was he not the guy from Independence Day resurgence?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:52 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Having the temerity to accuse someone of sexual assault.

As we all know, the real victims in any sexual assault cases are the men and boys who have their reputations tarnished.

Women who "participate" in rape probably enjoy it.

Edit: I am being sarcastic.

The 'Lock her up' chants have resumed. Aimed at Feinstein at this point, but give it time.

She can join Hillary in the cell. I see Hillary is becoming more and more vocal lately.

Feinstein should have her head chopped off. If we can measure a politician by before and after results examine california before Feinstein, after Feinstein. She should have it chopped off in front of the embarcadero and her body dangled from a gibbet from the golden gate.

Hysterical much?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
They will keep on repeating their inanities. Round and round in a circle they will go ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:50 pm 

Have we riffed on Haley's comment regarding Jared Kushner's hidden genius yet?

Here it is in full view.

Stable genius, hidden genius...what is it about this family?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:58 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Who was raped?

This guy, apparently

Has his password taped to his monitor.

Would not trust

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:59 pm 

puku wrote:

Here it is in full view.

Jared in full Chad uniform

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

BokJock wrote:
puku wrote:

Here it is in full view.

You know those soldiers are laughing at that preppy fella :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 pm 

Rinkals' perfect world ...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/five-high-sc ... uit-claims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Found it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40937429

Quote:
The 2013 incident only became public in 2015 when radio personality David Mueller- who lost his job after Ms Swift's team reported the groping claim to his radio station - filed a defamation lawsuit against Ms Swift.

With the incident out in the open, Ms Swift filed a countersuit alleging sexual assault - which she has just won.

In court, Taylor Swift's mother, Andrea Swift, said she did not go to police when her daughter first told her she had been groped because: "I did not want this event to define her life."

"I did not want her to have to live through the endless memes and gifs that tabloid media and internet trolls decided to come up with - doctoring the pictures… and making her relive this awful moment over and over again," she said.
Taylor Swift's reasons for not going to the police, as told by her mother, who is part of her management team, are revealing. The case highlights how some victims fear being ridiculed, not being believed or not being taken seriously after reporting an alleged sexual assault.

Quote:
The trial showed how some defence lawyers try to undermine the credibility of an alleged victim.

But some of the most potent moments occurred when Taylor Swift refused to let that happen.

At one point, rejecting an accusation that she had misidentified Mueller, she said: "I'm not going to allow you or your client to say I am to blame."

I am quoting parts of the report on Taylor Swift's court case, to hilight the similarities between her case and Dr. Ford's and to suggest that these experiences are not isolated incidents for a lot of women. Trump's attempts to humiliate Ford have certainly worked extremely well, but I suspect that there will be repercussions.

I found Ford's testimony to be a lot more compelling than Kavaugh's, and although one likes to presume innocence in the absence of indisputable evidence (which doesn't include hand-drawn calendars) I found it far more likely that he was lying than that she was.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but FWIW I think it is far more likely that she was lying than he was.

Yes, that is Trump's current view.

At the time, I think he called her "a very credible witness" and "very compelling". Can i ask why you are so convinced that she was lying? and that Kavanaughs own description of himself as a moderate drinker was easier to believe?

OK, I’ll bite. Honestly I found her more likeable than him, but that’s not really the point. You need to believe evidence not people, people lie regardless of their gender or how nice they seem.

1. As for the “very credible” stuff. In the first instance people were obviously under instructions to be nice, and to not bully the nice lady. That was a wise tactic. That the position changed after the hearing and investigation is not that surprising.

2. Kavanaugh did not actually describe himself as a “moderate drinker”, just as he didn’t describe himself as a choirboy. That stuff is completely a red herring anyway.

3. Ford offered up several fact witnesses as part of her story, none corroborated her story and arguably her strongest potential witness directly refuted it.

4. Her story changed materially over the duration.

5. The gaps in her story were odd and all too convenient, in that she was oddly specific in some areas and then conveniently blank in others. Almost too perfectly designed to be impossible to disprove.

6. The timing and circumstances of the breaking of the story absolutely stunk. I was willing to believe that she wasn’t part of that and may, indeed, have been a victim of it. Not so sure now.

7. She was surrounded by Democrat operatives, it really does look like they influenced her testimony and it looked coordinated with the other allegations and media coverage.

8. The failure of her team to provide requested information to the committee.

9. She has been subsequently caught in multiple lies. Not contrived ones like those thrown at Kavanaugh, but actually verifiably false statements.

So, on balance, I think it seems more likely that she lied.

Anyway that’s my opinion, I think I’m done talking about this now.

Just to be clear, I'm not a big fan of John Oliver and I don't find his bombastic style terribly funny or clever, but this addresses all of ZT list pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opi8X9hQ7q8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm 

This post was made by Rinkals who is currently on your ignore list

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
BokJock wrote:
puku wrote:

Here it is in full view.

They loved having him around.

They knew as long as he was in view; no sniper was going to waste a bullet trying to hit any of them ....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:44 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
This post was made by Rinkals who is currently on your ignore list

:lol: :lol:

It's actually quite sweet the way you insist on making sure that I know that you are ignoring me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm 

He hasn’t engaged sexually for twelve
years.
Just wanky posturing online.
Alpha carrying through the online mist.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 pm 

The measured response to all that baloney from the GOP is:

Get fucked.

You don't lob a grenade in at the 13th hour and get to dictate terms on these things.

You probably meant 11th hour but I get your point

#benefitofthedoubt
#whitepriviledge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 pm 

Here's a good one from Vox, from the always interesting Tara Isabella Burton:

Quote:
First, take a candle.

Then, pour some salt into your hand.

Then, keeping the grains in your palm, take a pen to write out a thank you to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman whose allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee — and now justice — Brett Kavanaugh, stunned a nation.

Or, if you prefer, simply say, “I believe you.”

It’s just one of the many quasi-religious rituals circulating the internet — particularly pagan and #resistance circles — in the wake of Kavanaugh’s confirmation. These rituals help self-identified witches process trauma, anger, and grief.

The Gratitude Spell was authored by Instagram user @celestight (who did not respond to request for comment) for the pagan political organization WitchtheVote, which mobilizes voters to support candidates that defend progressive and feminist causes.

Quote:
Witchcraft’s historical association with subversive female power has only made it a more vital ritualistic tool for those working to regain a feeling of control in a political environment that many women see as seeking to deny their agency.

As Kristen J. Sollee, author of the book Witches, Sluts, and Feminists, told Vox, “Witchcraft is particularly powerful for women and folks on [the] feminine spectrum right now because we need tools steeped in community, empathy, and nature to both heal ourselves and fight the abuses of capitalist, white supremacist heteropatriarchy head on. Witchcraft is about conjuring strength and agency from within and not bowing down to arbitrary authority, so it’s a reminder that your oppressors, your trauma, and your government don’t have to define you — or break you. Ironically, the very practices that may have once spelled death for women centuries ago can now be life-saving.”

All good stuff. Need I remind the grown men on this thread, all good rugger chaps no doubt, that it's important to pick the right side in this war. Have you chosen wisely?

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/10/ ... -kavanaugh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Fangle wrote:

I seriously have not been following the details of this. I really don't know why the FBI didn't interview the credible witnesses. It seems very remiss and shocking that they didn't. And I do believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty. However, as it is, it seems as if he will be forever tainted in many people's eyes. You cannot prove a negative.

The Wh and the chair of the committee put into place restrictions on the scope of the "investigation" and the time frame. FFS, they didn't even had time to interview Bart O'Kev!!!

Hence, an incomplete investigation that the Orange Shitgibbon, and his lackeys, could gleefully claim showed no corroboration to the allegations, which is sadly true.

The FBI did interview the witnessess offered by Ford. What they didn't do was re-interview the 2 principals.

That's because the FBI were not carrying out a criminal investigation. They were providing support and assitance to the Senate comittee which had already interviewed the 2 principals.

Yes, it's a 'fit and proper person' investigation rather than a full on criminal investigation. Which begs the question why people expect a level of evidence commensurate with a criminal trial? Proof of criminality is simply not necessary to make a finding on someone's propriety for office.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:43 pm 

Santa wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

:lol:

She should be investigated by the police. Period.

For? :roll:

If she had been as inconsistent with the FBI as she has been with the Senate she could have been up for 5 years in the pokey for lying to the Feds. So could Kav according to some on here.

What inconsistencies in particular are you talking about here, Santa?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:49 pm 

Ted. wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Fangle wrote:

I seriously have not been following the details of this. I really don't know why the FBI didn't interview the credible witnesses. It seems very remiss and shocking that they didn't. And I do believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty. However, as it is, it seems as if he will be forever tainted in many people's eyes. You cannot prove a negative.

The Wh and the chair of the committee put into place restrictions on the scope of the "investigation" and the time frame. FFS, they didn't even had time to interview Bart O'Kev!!!

Hence, an incomplete investigation that the Orange Shitgibbon, and his lackeys, could gleefully claim showed no corroboration to the allegations, which is sadly true.

The FBI did interview the witnessess offered by Ford. What they didn't do was re-interview the 2 principals.

That's because the FBI were not carrying out a criminal investigation. They were providing support and assitance to the Senate comittee which had already interviewed the 2 principals.

Yes, it's a 'fit and proper person' investigation rather than a full on criminal investigation. Which begs the question why people expect a level of evidence commensurate with a criminal trial? Proof of criminality is simply not necessary to make a finding on someone's propriety for office.

I can scarcely believe you've posted that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:55 pm 

BokJock wrote:

Feinstein should have her head chopped off. If we can measure a politician by before and after results examine california before Feinstein, after Feinstein. She should have it chopped off in front of the embarcadero and her body dangled from a gibbet from the golden gate.

Hysterical much?

for someone who loves to rail about (rail towards?) gulags, Sen sure likes to fantasise about the public execution of those who hold political views that differ from his...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 pm 

Ted. wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Fangle wrote:

Why not?

What's happened recently has been basically a glorified job interview. You don't need the same levels of proof to bar you from getting employed as you do for going to gaol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 am 

For what polls are worth:
Quote:
@kayleighmcenany

The Kavanaugh effect:

-AZ: McSally (R) +6
-TN: Blackburn (R) +8
-NV: Heller (R) +2
-TX: Cruz (R) +6
-ND: Cramer (R) +12

The left's angry mobs have charged up the right!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 am 

Quote:
We the Polarized
The Hidden Tribes of America - Social scientists and researchers from YouGov, in conjunction with the More in Common initiative, researched the current state of civic life in the United States. Among their major findings:
87% of Americans: "most divided our country has been in my lifetime"
70% frustrated by how "both sides" handled Kavanaugh nomination
But 77% say that "the differences between Americans are not so big that we cannot come together"
And "[they] uncovered a different story, one that probes underneath the issues that polarize Americans, and finds seven groups that are defined by their core beliefs, rather than by their political opinions, race, class or gender." The hope is by calling out and understanding the polarization (and tribalism that underlies it), we can fix it and come together. [more inside]

https://www.metafilter.com/176978/We-the-Polarized

some possible parallels with Aus/NZ/UK/Canadian polities...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 am 

saffer13 wrote:
BokJock wrote:
puku wrote:

Here it is in full view.

The chances that some 19yr old soldier accidentally put his duct tape name tag on hat low on his body armour, then accidentally placed the side velcro to accidentally cover the last syllable of his name to accidentally label him 'Kush' is precisely zero.

Wonder if they managed to keep a straight face, putting the carrier on over his blazer, and probably advising him to take off his belt to avoid it pinching under the plates?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:14 am 

That's almost the most maximum Chad thing I've ever seen. I did see a pic the other day of a Brad and Chad convention...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 am 

Ted. wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
Fangle wrote:

What's your problem then? Come on, out with it, and none of your usually pissing around either.

Edit: And wot HH said, but I can scarcely believe that had to be spelt out for you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:56 am 

Talking about pissing, seems these are popping up in various locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2136, 2137, 2138, 2139, 2140, 2141, 2142 ... 2554  Next