Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98074 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2140, 2141, 2142, 2143, 2144, 2145, 2146 ... 2452  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 am 

Trump on the Kanye rant:
Quote:
After several minutes of silence and listening intently, the president said: "I tell you what, that was pretty impressive, folks... that was quite something," adding later: "He's a smart cookie - he gets it."

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
There is always a tweet.

Has that been adjusted? 1000 then ain't 1000 now.

These two 1,000s are much bigger falls, probably enough to account for the adjustment.

5/02/2018 -1,175.21
8/02/2018 -1,032.89

Was that the time when the tweet was about the President being shot out of a cannon if the Dow dropped 1K in a day?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
There is always a tweet.

These two 1,000s are much bigger falls, probably enough to account for the adjustment.

5/02/2018 -1,175.21
8/02/2018 -1,032.89

Was that the time when the tweet was about the President being shot out of a cannon if the Dow dropped 1K in a day?

I thought Trump thought the POTUS should get sent to a Gulag.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
There is always a tweet.

5/02/2018 -1,175.21
8/02/2018 -1,032.89

I thought Trump thought the POTUS should get sent to a Gulag.
Fortunately Kanye is helping Trump evolve his views on incarceration and the 13th Amendment, #speakinghistruthtopower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Fortunately Kanye is helping Trump evolve his views on incarceration and the 13th Amendment, #speakinghistruthtopower

That would've been quite the brainstorming session between two narcissists who have spent far too long with nobody giving them an honest opinion or simply telling them NO from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:54 pm 

merry! wrote:
my favourite exchange of the kavanaugh hearings..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_gmOsnjrZw

:)

This is the most telling part I think. Anybody with a fraction of sense should watch it and be concerned.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-0UpzwH_8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:58 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
merry! wrote:

This is the most telling part I think. Anybody with a fraction of sense should watch it and be concerned.

Been hanging around too much with Cocaine Mitch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:38 pm 

If there was any doubt that he was just a troll :lol:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/11/trump-nunes-medal-of-freedom-893495

Quote:
Trump: Nunes should get Medal of Freedom for Russia pushback

President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that Rep. Devin Nunes deserves the Medal of Freedom — the nation's highest civilian honor — for his controversial efforts at pushing back against the Russia investigation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:04 pm 

BokJock wrote:
If there was any doubt that he was just a troll :lol:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/11/trump-nunes-medal-of-freedom-893495

Quote:
Trump: Nunes should get Medal of Freedom for Russia pushback

President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that Rep. Devin Nunes deserves the Medal of Freedom — the nation's highest civilian honor — for his controversial efforts at pushing back against the Russia investigation.

He is an input-output biomachine sent by God to troll the dweebs in Washington. This is the Overman made flesh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 pm 

You guys are gonna love this. Tucker's take on Kayne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzkGbivfco

A brief quote:
Quote:
Sprinkled in West's ramblings were flashes of truth, real insights into the way the world actually is, not the way they tell us it is. Nobody else is allowed to talk like this. West doesn't care. Making him dangerous to a system based almost entirely on piety and lying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 pm 

I thought he had some good ideas and certainly good intentions amongst the madness. His music got me through some tough times actually. I used to listen to Dark Twisted Fantasy in the truck at work like every day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:04 pm 

You guys are gonna love this. Tucker's take on Kayne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzkGbivfco

A brief quote:
Quote:
Sprinkled in West's ramblings were flashes of truth, real insights into the way the world actually is, not the way they tell us it is. Nobody else is allowed to talk like this. West doesn't care. Making him dangerous to a system based almost entirely on piety and lying.

Well I watched CNN's take on it this morning. It was a bit alarming :shock:

As was Donna Brazile's

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm 

On the amusing side, Kyrsten Sinema’s sound clip about crazy Arizona has some Ron Burgundy potential.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
On the amusing side, Kyrsten Sinema’s sound clip about crazy Arizona has some Ron Burgundy potential.

There’s another video.

“Arizona is the meth lab of democracy.”

https://youtu.be/Zkzm11PL9cs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
merry! wrote:

To be fair, that's quite well done and funny as fudge, in a gleefully childish way. :lol: :lol: We all need to dip into childhood on occasion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 pm 

Ted. wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
merry! wrote:

To be fair, that's quite well done and funny as fudge, in a gleefully childish way. :lol: :lol: We all need to dip into childhood on occasion.

The war on drugs has been infiltrated at the highest level.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:51 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 am 

With thanks to someone who posts here a bit ;)

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove/photos/a.608095492611491/2696268737127479/?type=3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:57 am 

Hong Kong wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 am 

Marc Thiesen - ". Trump may be the most honest POTUS ever "

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc-th ... rn-history

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:46 am 

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, Trump lies all the time

You can’t make this shit up! It’s almost as bad as depending, clingingly, upon the onion as your source!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:47 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:01 am 

You've had your laugh. Now quote the rest , in context.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:57 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Marc Thiesen - ". Trump may be the most honest POTUS ever "

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc-th ... rn-history

Quote:
Donald Trump may be remembered as the most honest president in modern American history.

Don't get me wrong, Trump lies all the time. He said that he "enacted the biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history" (actually they are the eighth largest) and that "our economy is the strongest it's ever been in the history of our country" (which may one day be true, but not yet). In part, it's a New York thing -- everything is the biggest and the best.

But when it comes to the real barometer of presidential truthfulness -- keeping his promises -- Trump is a paragon of honesty. For better or worse, since taking office Trump has done exactly what he promised he would do.

Trump kept his promise to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, something his three immediate predecessors also promised yet failed to do. He promised to "crush and destroy ISIS," and two years later he is on the verge of eliminating the Islamic State's physical caliphate. He promised to impose a travel ban on countries that he saw as posing a terrorist threat, and after several false starts the final version of his ban was upheld by the Supreme Court. He promised to punish Syria if it used chemical weapons on its people, and, unlike his immediate predecessor, he followed through -- not once but twice.

Trump pledged to nominate Supreme Court justices "in the mold of Justice [Antonin] Scalia," and now Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh sit on the high court. Trump also pledged to fill the federal appellate courts with young, conservative judges, and so far the Senate has confirmed 26 -- more than any recent president at this point in his administration.

Trump vowed to pass historic tax reforms, and signed the first major overhaul of the tax code in three decades. He vowed an unprecedented regulatory rollback, with a strict policy to eliminate two existing regulations for every new regulation. Instead, in his first year he eliminated 22 existing regulations for every new rule, achieved $8.1 billion in lifetime regulatory savings and is on track to achieve an additional $9.8 billion this year.

During the campaign, he told African American voters, "What do you have to lose? ... I will straighten it out. I'll bring jobs back. We'll bring spirit back." On his watch, African American unemployment reached the lowest level ever recorded, and his tax reform included a little-noticed provision creating "Opportunity Zones" to try to revitalize struggling towns and inner-city communities.

Trump promised to cancel President Barack Obama's Clean Power Plan, withdraw from the Paris climate accord, approve the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, and open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to exploration. He fulfilled all of those pledges.

On trade, he kept his promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and impose tariffs on steel and aluminum. He also committed to renegotiating NAFTA and the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement -- and recently signed new deals with Mexico, Canada and South Korea. He committed to imposing tariffs on China to force it to open its markets and stop its theft of intellectual property -- and is following through on that pledge. Whatever one thinks of Trump's trade policies, he is doing exactly what he said.

The president pledged historic increases in defense spending, and delivered. He pledged to bring back manufacturing jobs, and manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest pace in more than two decades. He pledged to sign "Right to Try" legislation to give dying Americans access to experimental treatments, and did. He pledged to take on the opioid epidemic, and will soon sign a sweeping bipartisan opioids package into law.

Where Trump has failed to keep promises, such as building the wall or repealing Obamacare, it has not been for a lack of trying. Only in a few rare instances has he backtracked on a campaign pledge -- such as when he admitted that he was wrong to promise a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan and reversed course. I'm glad he did.

But whether one agrees or disagrees is not the point. When Trump says he will do something, you can take it to the bank. Yes, he takes liberties with the truth. But unlike his predecessor, he did not pass his signature legislative achievement on the basis of a lie ("If you like your health care plan, you can keep it") -- which is clearly worse than falsely bragging that your tax cut is the biggest ever.

The fact is, in his first two years, Trump has compiled a remarkable record of presidential promise-keeping. He'd probably say it's the best in history -- which may or may not end up being true. It's too soon to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 am 

I'm getting the feeling this whirlwind of activity and closing is a increasingly another shock to the libs. He's meant to be lazy they said, not this monster of perpetual motion who never sleeps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:06 am 

Quote:
But whether one agrees or disagrees is not the point. When Trump says he will do something, you can take it to the bank. Yes, he takes liberties with the truth. But unlike his predecessor, he did not pass his signature legislative achievement on the basis of a lie ("If you like your health care plan, you can keep it") -- which is clearly worse than falsely bragging that your tax cut is the biggest ever.

The fact is, in his first two years, Trump has compiled a remarkable record of presidential promise-keeping. He'd probably say it's the best in history -- which may or may not end up being true. It's too soon to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am 

I'm getting the feeling this whirlwind of activity and closing is a increasingly another shock to the libs. He's meant to be lazy they said, not this monster of perpetual motion who never sleeps.

It hurts. Oh how it hurts them.
They fling shit, and make up stories, and try to obstruct - but The Don is winning, making ready to win the midterms, as well as the next POTUS election, too.

I thought he would be too old, to fed up with the job, but he takes it easily, in his stride. Handling these slimebuckets with ease.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:48 am 

This one is a classic (how much longer is Bezos going to let this go on - I've seen no indications he's as personally bonkers as the stuff the wapo is coming up with lately) :

Quote:
Thanks for not raping us, all you ‘good men.’ But it’s not enough.

A flood of rage is rushing through women’s brains. Why can’t men organize to change themselves?

I yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother. Yet in that roiling moment, screaming at my husband as if he represented every clueless male on the planet (and I every angry woman of 2018), I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead. If one of my grandchildren yelled something that ridiculous, I’d have to stifle a laugh.

My husband of 50 years did not have to stifle a laugh. He took it dead seriously. He did not defend his remark, he did not defend men. He sat, hunched and hurt, and he listened. For a moment, it occurred to me to be grateful that I’m married to a man who will listen to a woman. The winds calmed ever so slightly in that moment. And then the storm surge welled up in me as I realized the pathetic impotence of nice men’s plan to rebuild the wreckage by listening to women. As my rage rushed through the streets of my mind, toppling every memory of every good thing my husband has ever done (and there are scores of memories), I said the meanest thing I’ve ever said to him: Don’t you dare sit there and sympathetically promise to change. Don’t say you will stop yourself before you blurt out some impatient, annoyed, controlling remark. No, I said, you can’t change. You are unable to change. You don’t have the skills and you won’t do it. You, I said, are one of the good men. You respect women, you believe in women, you like women, you don’t hit women or rape women or in any way abuse women. You have applauded and funded feminism for a half-century. You are one of the good men. And you cannot change. You can listen all you want, but that will not create one iota of change.

In the centuries of feminist movements that have washed up and away, good men have not once organized their own mass movement to change themselves and their sons or to attack the mean-spirited, teasing, punching thing that passes for male culture. Not once. Bastards. Don’t listen to me. Listen to each other. Talk to each other. Earn your power for once.

The gender war that has broken out in this country is flooding all our houses. It’s rising on the torrent of memories that every woman has. Those memories have come loose from the attic and the basement where we’ve stashed them. They are floating all around us and there is no place left to store them out of sight. Not just memories of sexual abuse. Memories of being dismissed, disdained, distrusted. Memories of having to endure put-downs at the office, catcalls in the parking lot, barked orders at a dinner party. And, for some reason, the most chilling memory of all, the one Christine Blasey Ford called up and that we all recognized: the laughter.

No link as I can't paste it. You can find it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

They fling shit, and make up stories, and try to obstruct - but The Don is winning, making ready to win the midterms, as well as the next POTUS election, too.

I thought he would be too old, to fed up with the job, but he takes it easily, in his stride. Handling these slimebuckets with ease.

Ive always reckoned one of the reasons he was so infuriated with Washington and goaded himself into running was that he looked at the city and (rightfully) suspected they were third raters compared to the vicious psychotics he'd been dealing with in new York all his life.

Obama makes a big deal in his book about his only desk job being beneath him in nobility and he didn't last long as a result. Truth is he didn't have the stamina for it. Those people on wall street and other parts of New York industry are insane.

Edit: naseem taleb reckons they're self filtered for operation on sleep deprivation, which is an issue for the talent pool and a significant reason for the crash. If you watch the film margin call one of the scarcely believable parts of it is the way time seemed to stop and guys were wondering around in the middle of the night and being fished out of cocktail bars with no impairment etc. There are actually a very small number of people like this - I know a few. Trump is definitely one of them. Plus.

Last edited by Seneca of the Night on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 am 

This one is a classic (how much longer is Bezos going to let this go on - I've seen no indications he's as personally bonkers as the stuff the wapo is coming up with lately) :

Spoiler: show
Quote:

A flood of rage is rushing through women’s brains. Why can’t men organize to change themselves?

I yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother. Yet in that roiling moment, screaming at my husband as if he represented every clueless male on the planet (and I every angry woman of 2018), I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead. If one of my grandchildren yelled something that ridiculous, I’d have to stifle a laugh.

My husband of 50 years did not have to stifle a laugh. He took it dead seriously. He did not defend his remark, he did not defend men. He sat, hunched and hurt, and he listened. For a moment, it occurred to me to be grateful that I’m married to a man who will listen to a woman. The winds calmed ever so slightly in that moment. And then the storm surge welled up in me as I realized the pathetic impotence of nice men’s plan to rebuild the wreckage by listening to women. As my rage rushed through the streets of my mind, toppling every memory of every good thing my husband has ever done (and there are scores of memories), I said the meanest thing I’ve ever said to him: Don’t you dare sit there and sympathetically promise to change. Don’t say you will stop yourself before you blurt out some impatient, annoyed, controlling remark. No, I said, you can’t change. You are unable to change. You don’t have the skills and you won’t do it. You, I said, are one of the good men. You respect women, you believe in women, you like women, you don’t hit women or rape women or in any way abuse women. You have applauded and funded feminism for a half-century. You are one of the good men. And you cannot change. You can listen all you want, but that will not create one iota of change.

In the centuries of feminist movements that have washed up and away, good men have not once organized their own mass movement to change themselves and their sons or to attack the mean-spirited, teasing, punching thing that passes for male culture. Not once. Bastards. Don’t listen to me. Listen to each other. Talk to each other. Earn your power for once.

The gender war that has broken out in this country is flooding all our houses. It’s rising on the torrent of memories that every woman has. Those memories have come loose from the attic and the basement where we’ve stashed them. They are floating all around us and there is no place left to store them out of sight. Not just memories of sexual abuse. Memories of being dismissed, disdained, distrusted. Memories of having to endure put-downs at the office, catcalls in the parking lot, barked orders at a dinner party. And, for some reason, the most chilling memory of all, the one Christine Blasey Ford called up and that we all recognized: the laughter.

Bat-shit crazy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

Bat-shit crazy

Your team bro!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:07 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

Bat-shit crazy

Someone else referred, elsewhere, to the three women who suffered the most with this anti-Kavanaugh campaign - Mrs Kavanaugh and his two daughters....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 am 

As a point of order

Posting batshit crazy blogs is lazy forumming

It just incites the other side to post a long rant from Breitbart etc in a tit for tat pointless battle

None of this serves the debate and youse should up your game

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:17 am 

shanky wrote:
As a point of order

Posting batshit crazy blogs is lazy forumming

It just incites the other side to post a long rant from Breitbart etc in a tit for tat pointless battle

None of this serves the debate and youse should up your game

It's the Washington Post! I agree with you that it's nothing more than a 'liberal blog' at this stage. But a very well funded and storied one still. I wouldn't post that if it was from anything other than the nyt or wapo. But it's significant because its from one of those two.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 am 

It's an interesting area of rules though: from which sources should opinion posts be allowed? From the right I think national review stuff is permissable even if I only use Lord black for top trolling. But Mccarthy for example is very legit. Anything from the nyt and wapo is fair game. And the economist, which is nothing but opinion these days. Anything else?

Other opinion has to reach a very high bar of innovation or interestingness or credentials to be considered legitimate on this thread I'd think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 am 

You'd think something like foreign affairs would have something to add on trump, but theyre wrong about everything these days (neocons got em), so that's them done.

I posted tucker the other day from politico I think. Definetly post worthy as it was pure opinion almost three years ago that was proved to be right.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 am 

Salon.com should be in

As should fivethreeeight

And the Mormon Times

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:59 am 

Anything that runs contrary to one's own opinion should be considered fake news. That bar was long set by the libs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Ive always reckoned one of the reasons he was so infuriated with Washington and goaded himself into running was that he looked at the city and (rightfully) suspected they were third raters compared to the vicious psychotics he'd been dealing with in new York all his life.

Obama makes a big deal in his book about his only desk job being beneath him in nobility and he didn't last long as a result. Truth is he didn't have the stamina for it. Those people on wall street and other parts of New York industry are insane.

Edit: naseem taleb reckons they're self filtered for operation on sleep deprivation, which is an issue for the talent pool and a significant reason for the crash. If you watch the film margin call one of the scarcely believable parts of it is the way time seemed to stop and guys were wondering around in the middle of the night and being fished out of cocktail bars with no impairment etc. There are actually a very small number of people like this - I know a few. Trump is definitely one of them. Plus.

Trump's routine.

https://www.businessinsider.com/i-tried ... 2#friday-4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98074 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2140, 2141, 2142, 2143, 2144, 2145, 2146 ... 2452  Next