Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2141, 2142, 2143, 2144, 2145, 2146, 2147 ... 2554  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
It's an interesting area of rules though: from which sources should opinion posts be allowed? From the right I think national review stuff is permissable even if I only use Lord black for top trolling. But Mccarthy for example is very legit. Anything from the nyt and wapo is fair game. And the economist, which is nothing but opinion these days. Anything else?

Other opinion has to reach a very high bar of innovation or interestingness or credentials to be considered legitimate on this thread I'd think.

There's nothing that can't be handwaved away if you're lazy enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:19 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Anything that runs contrary to one's own opinion should be considered fake news. That bar was long set by the libs.

You're the c unt who quotes the Onion as a serious resource., just to counter that little bit of fiction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 am 

Actually I think quoting trumpnews is a bigger joke than the onion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 am 

I suppose the Onion isn't deliberately trying to take advantage of the gullibility of silly old fools.

Most of us are perfectly able to tell the difference between satire and propaganda, but I suppose you do get the occasional senile old twat who thinks that, just because it perfectly reflects his own opinion, that it's a trustworthy news source.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 am 

It's an interesting area of rules though: from which sources should opinion posts be allowed? From the right I think national review stuff is permissable even if I only use Lord black for top trolling. But Mccarthy for example is very legit. Anything from the nyt and wapo is fair game. And the economist, which is nothing but opinion these days. Anything else?

Other opinion has to reach a very high bar of innovation or interestingness or credentials to be considered legitimate on this thread I'd think.

Can't believe you forgot to mention the esteemed grabien.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:08 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:

:lol:
In most American hospitals, wearing your stethoscope round your neck is gonna get you being termed 'Med student', at best. Wearing one outside of your workplace? 'Actor'.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:11 am 

Turbogoat wrote:

You're dining out longer on that than the French blokes who got together in a Parisian mansion to eat themselves to death in that French classic La Grande Bouffe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:15 am 

Turbogoat wrote:

You're dining out longer on that than the French blokes who got together in a Parisian mansion to eat themselves to death in that French classic La Grande Bouffe.

It's certainly worth bringing up when you start opining about what sources should be allowed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:17 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

It's certainly worth bringing up when you start opining about what sources should be allowed.

You realise that wasn't an opinion piece. There's something wrong with the way your brain works. You can't seem to click in to slots.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:22 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:

In most American hospitals, wearing your stethoscope round your neck is gonna get you being termed 'Med student', at best. Wearing one outside of your workplace? 'Actor'.

He’s a Goodman, apparently.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/27/donald-tr ... ida-rally/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:23 am 

Regardless of what genre of website you call it, your deliberate and serious link to such a shit site shall forever taint your ability to judge any sources.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:25 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Regardless of what genre of website you call it, your deliberate and serious link to such a shit site shall forever taint your ability to judge any sources.

No it won't you stupid cunt. Get a grip.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 am 

Mr Mike wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:

He’s a Goodman, apparently.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/27/donald-tr ... ida-rally/

:lol: :lol: :lol: In Emergency Medicine too! Christ, that kind of gear-queen posing is like wearing your rugby boots into a nightclub.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 am 

The video is even crazier.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am 

Mr Mike wrote:

Link doesn't work for me. Just takes me to generic tmz site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:29 am 

Turbogoat wrote:

Christ almighty. The guy has a serious problem.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:29 am 

Turbogoat wrote:

Oh yes, You are tainted. You should wear a scarlet T on your chest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:32 am 

Santa wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

There only defense. Discredit the source and the messenger, because the message is above reproach.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:32 am 

Mr Mike wrote:

See I don't think it's that crazy. He's certainly got a line but what exactly is wrong with his commitment? It's not a commitment to anything bad is it?

I'm trying to work this through:
- He loves his country
- He's tired of people running it down, and a s.hitload of people are running it down
- He's reverting to the public symbols and rituals of patriotism and shared US identity to express his commitment to his country

Is any of that really so weird?

Last edited by Santa on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:33 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Santa wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

There only defense. Discredit the source and the messenger, because the message is above reproach.

His go to is to handwave away the article based solely on its provenance and without ever engaging with the content. It's lazy. It's a fail mark for a first year paper.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:35 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Oh yes, You are tainted. You should wear a scarlet T on your chest.

Yeah, you owned me. Your brilliance snookered me into an own goal.

Continue your victory lap.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:37 am 

Santa wrote:
His go to is to handwave away the article based solely on its provenance and without ever engaging with the content. It's lazy. It's a fail mark for a first year paper.

You do realize it was precisely the content of Seneca's grabien.com link that was what was so laughable right?
Attempting to misquote rate-my-professor scores and comments to attack Blasey-Ford, and then they didn't even have the right Prof Ford :lol:

Quality content

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:40 am 

Then he'll take one data point and make it stand for the set. Again, incredibly lazy and sub-first year university standard.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:42 am 

Santa wrote:
Then he'll take one data point and make it stand for the set. Again, incredibly lazy and sub-first year university standard.

So you concede that it was content based and that your attempts to mischaracterize me are therefore also deeply flawed.

You guys aren't doing too well here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:46 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Santa wrote:

So you concede that it was content based and that your attempts to mischaracterize me are therefore also deeply flawed.

Christ you are a fckwit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Santa wrote:

Christ you are a fckwit.

Is that an upgrade or a downgrade from being a 'cvnt' as you called me earlier? Some of your cheerleaders would consider those kind of tantrumy personal attacks as an immediate admission that you've lost btw. It doesn't worry me, but you probably don't want to go breaking their wee hearts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:52 am 

:lol: So in response he immediately takes one data point and makes it stand for the set. What a putdown. What a f**king idiot. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Santa wrote:

Christ you are a fckwit.

Is that an upgrade or a downgrade from being a 'cvnt' as you called me earlier? Some of your cheerleaders would consider those kind of tantrumy personal attacks as an immediate admission that you've lost btw. It doesn't worry me, but you probably don't want to go breaking their wee hearts.

Well seriously, what kind of person comes wading in to a discussion with a completely irrelevant point, has that pointed out, then wades in deeper and deeper, triples down, etc etc. There's scarcely a day goes by on here when your stratospheric arrogance doesn't trip you up like this and you NEVER EVER EVER give in.

You got me. I owned goaled once. I confess. It was your brilliance that baffled me into the mistake. The credit is all yours, a monument to your towering genius.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 am 

Santa wrote:
:lol: So in response he immediately takes one data point and makes it stand for the set. What a putdown. What a f**king idiot. :lol:

And Jack the Ripper was a saint, those times he killed those prostitutes were just convenient statistical anomalies.

:thumbup:

Last edited by Turbogoat on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 pm 

The credit is all yours, a monument to your towering genius.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:05 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
The credit is all yours, a monument to your towering genius.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm 

Ad hominominom, the fall back...

Next is but what about ....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:22 pm 

Houtkabouter and his Billygoat mate reminds me of the elders of the Dutch Reformed Church in South Africa. And other churches.

If something is not printed in the RIGHT Bible, it is anathema, untruth, blasphemy. Burn the heretic !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:27 pm 

The bible :lol: talk about fake news. Your funniest yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:37 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

Another one that flew way above your head.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:59 pm 

Is this thread still going? What is the current theme, Kavanaugh being a bit rapey when he was younger and a serial liar when under oath when older, or something else? Or just personal attacks, that would be better?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:43 pm 

The Khashoggi axe murder should have wheels. What will Jared and Donny come up as an excuse for their good pal and dealee, the Crown Prince?

What with:

and

and

and

the personal stakes are seemingly quite high.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 am 

Kiwias wrote:
This one is a classic (how much longer is Bezos going to let this go on - I've seen no indications he's as personally bonkers as the stuff the wapo is coming up with lately) :

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Thanks for not raping us, all you ‘good men.’ But it’s not enough.

A flood of rage is rushing through women’s brains. Why can’t men organize to change themselves?

I yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother. Yet in that roiling moment, screaming at my husband as if he represented every clueless male on the planet (and I every angry woman of 2018), I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead. If one of my grandchildren yelled something that ridiculous, I’d have to stifle a laugh.

My husband of 50 years did not have to stifle a laugh. He took it dead seriously. He did not defend his remark, he did not defend men. He sat, hunched and hurt, and he listened. For a moment, it occurred to me to be grateful that I’m married to a man who will listen to a woman. The winds calmed ever so slightly in that moment. And then the storm surge welled up in me as I realized the pathetic impotence of nice men’s plan to rebuild the wreckage by listening to women. As my rage rushed through the streets of my mind, toppling every memory of every good thing my husband has ever done (and there are scores of memories), I said the meanest thing I’ve ever said to him: Don’t you dare sit there and sympathetically promise to change. Don’t say you will stop yourself before you blurt out some impatient, annoyed, controlling remark. No, I said, you can’t change. You are unable to change. You don’t have the skills and you won’t do it. You, I said, are one of the good men. You respect women, you believe in women, you like women, you don’t hit women or rape women or in any way abuse women. You have applauded and funded feminism for a half-century. You are one of the good men. And you cannot change. You can listen all you want, but that will not create one iota of change.

In the centuries of feminist movements that have washed up and away, good men have not once organized their own mass movement to change themselves and their sons or to attack the mean-spirited, teasing, punching thing that passes for male culture. Not once. Bastards. Don’t listen to me. Listen to each other. Talk to each other. Earn your power for once.

The gender war that has broken out in this country is flooding all our houses. It’s rising on the torrent of memories that every woman has. Those memories have come loose from the attic and the basement where we’ve stashed them. They are floating all around us and there is no place left to store them out of sight. Not just memories of sexual abuse. Memories of being dismissed, disdained, distrusted. Memories of having to endure put-downs at the office, catcalls in the parking lot, barked orders at a dinner party. And, for some reason, the most chilling memory of all, the one Christine Blasey Ford called up and that we all recognized: the laughter.

No link as I can't paste it. You can find it.

Bat-shit crazy

Your team bro!

She's not on any team I would recognise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:13 am 

Santa wrote:

Ratemyselfstyledprofessor.com should be an included source

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2141, 2142, 2143, 2144, 2145, 2146, 2147 ... 2554  Next