Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2336, 2337, 2338, 2339, 2340, 2341, 2342 ... 2468  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16006
Location: Adelaide via Sydney and Patea
Turbogoat wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Jeff Bezos has taken the nuclear option in the face of attempted extortion from the National Enquirer

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/07/medi ... index.html

It was all politically motivated apparently, which connects it rather neatly back to this thread.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 9903266816

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors are reviewing the National Enquirer’s handling of its story about Jeff Bezos’ extramarital affair to determine if the company violated an earlier cooperation deal with prosecutors,


Apparently, as a result of the deal the Enquirer did with the Feds, if they subsequently do anything (major) illegal when they'd be in the sh1t.
And extortion would count - assuming they could actually PROVE it in court. Certainly enough to warrant an investigation.


The emails that Bezos released from the Enquirer lawyer look pretty damning from here. If it went down like Bezos said it did and they can prove that, then Pecker is in a whole wide world of shit.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.


Dick pics to be hereinafter referred to as "Pecker Pics"...
https://popbitch.com/emails/a-national-emergency/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14718
saffer13 wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Grassley says Mueller report is coming out "within a month". Anyone believe this?


There's been a few clues that the talking heads are reading faaaar too much into.
Part of the investigation appears to be winding down as some of the team return to previous roles.

Cohen was due to testify in front of Congress, but that was then delayed due to possible witless.... sorry witness intimidation. It was then delayed again with the blessing of Congress until Feb 28 because to do so now would likely interfere with an active investigation.
Somehow, it will no longer interfere with said investigation if it takes place on Feb 28.

Now... that might all just be smoke&mirrors or at best pertain to one part of the investigation, but it's likely there will be some significant progress this month.

As much as I want to see the end result of it all, I'd rather they really cross all T's and dot all I's and get things right, all wrapped up in a neat little bow.

The submission of a report from the investigation won't be the end of things though, it'll really just be the start. Things are going to get ugly after that, and many people are going to long for the sunny peaceful times of when the investigation was ongoing.

So far the thought is it will confirm no collusion.


Gosh, really? Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, might as well pack up the whole investigation then.
It'd be a very, very brave person to put any stock in that 'thought' at this point in time.

Quote:
"We don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia," Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr told CBS.

Because he has no reason to influence the narrative in that direction? He's an honest Politician, right?

Ok, I'm sold.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15598
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Jeff Bezos has taken the nuclear option in the face of attempted extortion from the National Enquirer

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/07/medi ... index.html

It was all politically motivated apparently, which connects it rather neatly back to this thread.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 9903266816

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors are reviewing the National Enquirer’s handling of its story about Jeff Bezos’ extramarital affair to determine if the company violated an earlier cooperation deal with prosecutors,


Apparently, as a result of the deal the Enquirer did with the Feds, if they subsequently do anything (major) illegal when they'd be in the sh1t.
And extortion would count - assuming they could actually PROVE it in court. Certainly enough to warrant an investigation.


The emails that Bezos released from the Enquirer lawyer look pretty damning from here. If it went down like Bezos said it did and they can prove that, then Pecker is in a whole wide world of shit.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.


Dick pics to be hereinafter referred to as "Pecker Pics"...
https://popbitch.com/emails/a-national-emergency/


I believe the accepted terminology is "Peehole of Means".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
Well the Acting AG Matthew Whitaker hearing was about all you could expect, political grandstanding and speechifying rather than questions and answers.
Whitaker was clearly just playing to his audience of one, hoping for a new job in the Trump administration next week? It might be a bit of a step backwards to go back to selling spa pools I guess.
You can usually hope for one or two salient points in these things, but other than Whitaker trying to run out the clock to avoid certain questions it didn't show anything different to what we already knew.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9653
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/ ... -year.html

Team Trump (really more like Lil Paul Ryan) pressured the IRS to reduce withholding last year in an attempt to make the tax cut more popular. The result is that tax refunds are down, and people are blaming Trump.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3231
Democrats and Independents are becoming more violent:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15598
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Jeff Bezos has taken the nuclear option in the face of attempted extortion from the National Enquirer

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/07/medi ... index.html

It was all politically motivated apparently, which connects it rather neatly back to this thread.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 9903266816

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors are reviewing the National Enquirer’s handling of its story about Jeff Bezos’ extramarital affair to determine if the company violated an earlier cooperation deal with prosecutors,


Apparently, as a result of the deal the Enquirer did with the Feds, if they subsequently do anything (major) illegal when they'd be in the sh1t.
And extortion would count - assuming they could actually PROVE it in court. Certainly enough to warrant an investigation.


The emails that Bezos released from the Enquirer lawyer look pretty damning from here. If it went down like Bezos said it did and they can prove that, then Pecker is in a whole wide world of shit.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.


Dick pics to be hereinafter referred to as "Pecker Pics"...
https://popbitch.com/emails/a-national-emergency/



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16006
Location: Adelaide via Sydney and Patea
:lol:

Quote:
Here’s a theory why a tawdry tabloid set out to smear Amazon’s Jeff Bezos

...Now a former senior editor of The National Enquirer has made explosive claims, speaking to respected news outlets CNBC and NPR, suggesting that the Bezos takedown is nothing more than an elaborate grovel by the Enquirer’s owner David Pecker in a bid to “kiss and make up” with Mr Trump...


https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2 ... 2020190210


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4164
Deadtigers wrote:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/heres-why-your-tax-refund-is-lower-this-year.html

Team Trump (really more like Lil Paul Ryan) pressured the IRS to reduce withholding last year in an attempt to make the tax cut more popular. The result is that tax refunds are down, and people are blaming Trump.


Imagine that. Giving a trillion dollar tax break to the top 0.0000000001%, means the 95% of ordinary working stiffs get shafted :shock: :shock:

Who ever could have predicted it ????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5424
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
plum should have bought a luxury yacht, a jet plane or a golf course. Those people get awesome tax cuts.

Taxes #bimbostyle


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14738
saffer13 wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
So should he be properly investigated or just get a lightweight republican style green lighting ?

I've answered that question. If he gets puts through the ringer Kav style, I'll be surprised.


You're mistaking the media circus for the investigation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 31889
Location: Planet Rock
Ted. wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
So should he be properly investigated or just get a lightweight republican style green lighting ?

I've answered that question. If he gets puts through the ringer Kav style, I'll be surprised.


You're mistaking the media circus for the investigation.

You are being very generous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14738
Anonymous. wrote:
Ted. wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
So should he be properly investigated or just get a lightweight republican style green lighting ?

I've answered that question. If he gets puts through the ringer Kav style, I'll be surprised.


You're mistaking the media circus for the investigation.

You are being very generous


8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16006
Location: Adelaide via Sydney and Patea
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:48 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3915
fishfoodie wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/heres-why-your-tax-refund-is-lower-this-year.html

Team Trump (really more like Lil Paul Ryan) pressured the IRS to reduce withholding last year in an attempt to make the tax cut more popular. The result is that tax refunds are down, and people are blaming Trump.


Imagine that. Giving a trillion dollar tax break to the top 0.0000000001%, means the 95% of ordinary working stiffs get shafted :shock: :shock:

Who ever could have predicted it ????


Many of that 95% of working stiffs are also getting cuts (admittedly temporary in many cases). However, if it's true that pressure was put on the IRS to withhold less, then it's something of a backfire. It will seem to people who ARE getting cuts that they are actually paying more taxes.

Just one thing I'd like to note here - all of the left-leaning media from the US that I have seen commenting on this have been pointing out that these complaints from Trump fans about their taxes are not necessarily justified; that it comes down to a misunderstanding about the workings of the IRS.

I cannot imagine that the right-leaning media would have handled it in the same way had the situation been reversed.

I don't know whether it's a good thing for the left to STILL be demonstrating a desire to show integrity, fairness and accuracy in the face of everything coming from the right. It's quite clear that partisan lies, misinformation and emotional rhetoric are effective, and if there is political gain to be had from exploiting ignorance, the right will not hesitate for a second. The left seem not to be totally on board with that yet.

Maybe that's a weakness.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
4071 wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/heres-why-your-tax-refund-is-lower-this-year.html

Team Trump (really more like Lil Paul Ryan) pressured the IRS to reduce withholding last year in an attempt to make the tax cut more popular. The result is that tax refunds are down, and people are blaming Trump.


Imagine that. Giving a trillion dollar tax break to the top 0.0000000001%, means the 95% of ordinary working stiffs get shafted :shock: :shock:

Who ever could have predicted it ????


Many of that 95% of working stiffs are also getting cuts (admittedly temporary in many cases). However, if it's true that pressure was put on the IRS to withhold less, then it's something of a backfire. It will seem to people who ARE getting cuts that they are actually paying more taxes.

Just one thing I'd like to note here - all of the left-leaning media from the US that I have seen commenting on this have been pointing out that these complaints from Trump fans about their taxes are not necessarily justified; that it comes down to a misunderstanding about the workings of the IRS.

I cannot imagine that the right-leaning media would have handled it in the same way had the situation been reversed.

I don't know whether it's a good thing for the left to STILL be demonstrating a desire to show integrity, fairness and accuracy in the face of everything coming from the right. It's quite clear that partisan lies, misinformation and emotional rhetoric are effective, and if there is political gain to be had from exploiting ignorance, the right will not hesitate for a second. The left seem not to be totally on board with that yet.

Maybe that's a weakness.


You're right when you say the left leaning media are making the most of the complaints from erstwhile trump fans about their tax returns being badly affected by the Trump cuts, there have been a ton of examples of rather bitter low to middle class types unhappy that they could no longer claim for various items on their returns and were losing out. It's of course hard to tell from here if this is a common occurrence or if they're the exceptions to the rule, or as you say they haven't quite understood the system.
I guess at some point some terribly clever accountant types will be able to calculate the average gain or loss for middle income households, but the objective truth isn't going to come from those with a political agenda any time soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
:lol:

Quote:
Here’s a theory why a tawdry tabloid set out to smear Amazon’s Jeff Bezos

...Now a former senior editor of The National Enquirer has made explosive claims, speaking to respected news outlets CNBC and NPR, suggesting that the Bezos takedown is nothing more than an elaborate grovel by the Enquirer’s owner David Pecker in a bid to “kiss and make up” with Mr Trump...


https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2 ... 2020190210


I'm sure all those types who have been bitching about the media for being so unfair and fake will be along to castigate AMI any... second... now... ok, now...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18853
fishfoodie wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/heres-why-your-tax-refund-is-lower-this-year.html

Team Trump (really more like Lil Paul Ryan) pressured the IRS to reduce withholding last year in an attempt to make the tax cut more popular. The result is that tax refunds are down, and people are blaming Trump.


Imagine that. Giving a trillion dollar tax break to the top 0.0000000001%, means the 95% of ordinary working stiffs get shafted :shock: :shock:

Who ever could have predicted it ????

You might need to lose a few zeros from that figure.
It works out as less than one person on the entire planet. [/pedant mode]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 31889
Location: Planet Rock
Turbogoat wrote:
4071 wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/heres-why-your-tax-refund-is-lower-this-year.html

Team Trump (really more like Lil Paul Ryan) pressured the IRS to reduce withholding last year in an attempt to make the tax cut more popular. The result is that tax refunds are down, and people are blaming Trump.


Imagine that. Giving a trillion dollar tax break to the top 0.0000000001%, means the 95% of ordinary working stiffs get shafted :shock: :shock:

Who ever could have predicted it ????


Many of that 95% of working stiffs are also getting cuts (admittedly temporary in many cases). However, if it's true that pressure was put on the IRS to withhold less, then it's something of a backfire. It will seem to people who ARE getting cuts that they are actually paying more taxes.

Just one thing I'd like to note here - all of the left-leaning media from the US that I have seen commenting on this have been pointing out that these complaints from Trump fans about their taxes are not necessarily justified; that it comes down to a misunderstanding about the workings of the IRS.

I cannot imagine that the right-leaning media would have handled it in the same way had the situation been reversed.

I don't know whether it's a good thing for the left to STILL be demonstrating a desire to show integrity, fairness and accuracy in the face of everything coming from the right. It's quite clear that partisan lies, misinformation and emotional rhetoric are effective, and if there is political gain to be had from exploiting ignorance, the right will not hesitate for a second. The left seem not to be totally on board with that yet.

Maybe that's a weakness.


You're right when you say the left leaning media are making the most of the complaints from erstwhile trump fans about their tax returns being badly affected by the Trump cuts, there have been a ton of examples of rather bitter low to middle class types unhappy that they could no longer claim for various items on their returns and were losing out. It's of course hard to tell from here if this is a common occurrence or if they're the exceptions to the rule, or as you say they haven't quite understood the system.
I guess at some point some terribly clever accountant types will be able to calculate the average gain or loss for middle income households, but the objective truth isn't going to come from those with a political agenda any time soon.

:?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
I'm just trying to be even handed ;)
But yeah, some of the leftie stuff have been dining out in a big way on Trump supporters upset about the state of their tax returns.
Classic example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD5aK9Npvf8

it's just painful to watch that kind of stuff really, reeks of superior schadenfreude punching down on the poor bastards at the bottom of the food chain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5424
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Amazing news for saffer. Donald just declared himself innocent of any wrong doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37353
This could be fun.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellect ... Aw9pa5orys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14718
houtkabouter wrote:
Amazing news for saffer. Donald just declared himself innocent of any wrong doing.


That's good enough for me. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 2434
Kiwias wrote:


To his loyal 33% support it won't matter. He could go on twitter and declare that the sky is green and that the fake news media have been lying to us all for centuries and they would believe him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37353
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:


To his loyal 33% support it won't matter. He could go on twitter and declare that the sky is green and that the fake news media have been lying to us all for centuries and they would believe him.


Based of course on the assumption it is true (who the fudge knows?), how would the hard core pro-life base deal with it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18315
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Kiwias wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:


To his loyal 33% support it won't matter. He could go on twitter and declare that the sky is green and that the fake news media have been lying to us all for centuries and they would believe him.


Based of course on the assumption it is true (who the fudge knows?), how would the hard core pro-life base deal with it?


Were any of them late term nonviable fetuses threatening the life of the mother?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
Kiwias wrote:



I'm sure this was discussed as a hypothetical on here st some point. The chances that a millionaire playboy with a penchant for rawdogging pornstars may well have knocked one or two of them up at some point, and paid to have the poor innocent unborn baby aborted rather than run the risk of producing another Eric.

Of course, the anti abortion crowd which were so willing to give him a mulligan for said pornstar rawdogging behind the back of his wife whi was still nursing his new born son would likely also forgive him a few convenient unborn baby murders of his own if it meant they could then make it more difficult for women not being knocked up by people quite so rich to also get one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3231
Kiwias wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:


To his loyal 33% support it won't matter. He could go on twitter and declare that the sky is green and that the fake news media have been lying to us all for centuries and they would believe him.


Based of course on the assumption it is true (who the fudge knows?), how would the hard core pro-life base deal with it?



I'm pretty sure they already know that he is morally a douchebag.

3 wives, beauty pagents, 'locker room talk' was all known before the primary and election.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11585
Kiwias wrote:


More NDA's.

Listened to an interesting podcast about Trump and the Trump organisations profligate and oft times potentially illegal use of NDA's the other day. Such corrupt plum


* Published: 31/01/19 6:00:00 AM

* Episode Download link (27 MB): https://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp ... 86_pod.mp3

* Show Notes: http://www.wnycstudios.org/story/tell-a ... r-and-nda/

* Episode feed: On the Media - http://feeds.wnyc.org/onthemedia

Edit: removed all the crap I inadvertently pasted in.


Last edited by RuggaBugga on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
So according to the IRS, the tax refunds are down by 8% this year on average.
It's not just a few disgruntled types.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/tax-re ... r-60979284


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3231
Turbogoat wrote:
Kiwias wrote:



I'm sure this was discussed as a hypothetical on here st some point. The chances that a millionaire playboy with a penchant for rawdogging pornstars may well have knocked one or two of them up at some point, and paid to have the poor innocent unborn baby aborted rather than run the risk of producing another Eric.

Of course, the anti abortion crowd which were so willing to give him a mulligan for said pornstar rawdogging behind the back of his wife whi was still nursing his new born son would likely also forgive him a few convenient unborn baby murders of his own if it meant they could then make it more difficult for women not being knocked up by people quite so rich to also get one.




They might even start a political action group to change the topic and call it 'Move On' or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21777
Location: Middle East
Sonny Blount wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Kiwias wrote:



I'm sure this was discussed as a hypothetical on here st some point. The chances that a millionaire playboy with a penchant for rawdogging pornstars may well have knocked one or two of them up at some point, and paid to have the poor innocent unborn baby aborted rather than run the risk of producing another Eric.

Of course, the anti abortion crowd which were so willing to give him a mulligan for said pornstar rawdogging behind the back of his wife whi was still nursing his new born son would likely also forgive him a few convenient unborn baby murders of his own if it meant they could then make it more difficult for women not being knocked up by people quite so rich to also get one.




They might even start a political action group to change the topic and call it 'Move On' or something.


That'd be more relevant if Bill Clinton had campaigned to bring an end to blow jobs. (Note to any politician: This is not a winning strategy, please don't do this).

They could call it the Frank Drebin Collective:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 2516
Sonny Blount wrote:
Democrats and Independents are becoming more violent:

Image


Only one death at a political rally in America since 2016 that I can recall...but happy to be educated if there have been any others?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3231
Turbogoat wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Kiwias wrote:



I'm sure this was discussed as a hypothetical on here st some point. The chances that a millionaire playboy with a penchant for rawdogging pornstars may well have knocked one or two of them up at some point, and paid to have the poor innocent unborn baby aborted rather than run the risk of producing another Eric.

Of course, the anti abortion crowd which were so willing to give him a mulligan for said pornstar rawdogging behind the back of his wife whi was still nursing his new born son would likely also forgive him a few convenient unborn baby murders of his own if it meant they could then make it more difficult for women not being knocked up by people quite so rich to also get one.




They might even start a political action group to change the topic and call it 'Move On' or something.


That'd be more relevant if Bill Clinton had campaigned to bring an end to blow jobs. (Note to any politician: This is not a winning strategy, please don't do this).

They could call it the Frank Drebin Collective:

Spoiler: show
Image


Part of Bill and Hillarys brand was being tough on crime, 'superpredators' and all. Ironic for a credibly accused racist and serial sexual assaulter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3915
Sonny Blount wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:


To his loyal 33% support it won't matter. He could go on twitter and declare that the sky is green and that the fake news media have been lying to us all for centuries and they would believe him.


Based of course on the assumption it is true (who the fudge knows?), how would the hard core pro-life base deal with it?



I'm pretty sure they already know that he is morally a douchebag.

3 wives, beauty pagents, 'locker room talk' was all known before the primary and election.


Yes. For today's republicans the ends justify the means.

Trump is the unpleasant means to a desirable (in their view) end. It's the equivalent of using violence to protest for civil rights. They believe that it is worth doing something (or supporting someone) morally repugnant for the greater good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3915
Turbogoat wrote:
4071 wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:

Imagine that. Giving a trillion dollar tax break to the top 0.0000000001%, means the 95% of ordinary working stiffs get shafted :shock: :shock:

Who ever could have predicted it ????


Many of that 95% of working stiffs are also getting cuts (admittedly temporary in many cases). However, if it's true that pressure was put on the IRS to withhold less, then it's something of a backfire. It will seem to people who ARE getting cuts that they are actually paying more taxes.

Just one thing I'd like to note here - all of the left-leaning media from the US that I have seen commenting on this have been pointing out that these complaints from Trump fans about their taxes are not necessarily justified; that it comes down to a misunderstanding about the workings of the IRS.

I cannot imagine that the right-leaning media would have handled it in the same way had the situation been reversed.

I don't know whether it's a good thing for the left to STILL be demonstrating a desire to show integrity, fairness and accuracy in the face of everything coming from the right. It's quite clear that partisan lies, misinformation and emotional rhetoric are effective, and if there is political gain to be had from exploiting ignorance, the right will not hesitate for a second. The left seem not to be totally on board with that yet.

Maybe that's a weakness.


You're right when you say the left leaning media are making the most of the complaints from erstwhile trump fans about their tax returns being badly affected by the Trump cuts, there have been a ton of examples of rather bitter low to middle class types unhappy that they could no longer claim for various items on their returns and were losing out. It's of course hard to tell from here if this is a common occurrence or if they're the exceptions to the rule, or as you say they haven't quite understood the system.
I guess at some point some terribly clever accountant types will be able to calculate the average gain or loss for middle income households, but the objective truth isn't going to come from those with a political agenda any time soon.


You misunderstand. I'm saying that the Left media, whilst jumping on this story, aren't taking full political advantage of it.

This is an opportunity to mislead Trump voters into believing that their taxes have gone up by concentrating on the refunds rather than the total tax picture. It would be simple to do, an easy to understand talking point, and also deliberately mendacious. And it's exactly the sort of thing Trump and the Republicans do constantly. Instead, most left-leaning commentators that I have seen - from news outlets to YouTube commentators - have pointed out that lower refunds do not necessarily mean people are paying higher taxes.

Even though they are enjoying the sight of Trump voters turning on him, they are not trying to use disinformation and distortion to drive home a political advantage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3231
BokJock wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
Democrats and Independents are becoming more violent:

Image


Only one death at a political rally in America since 2016 that I can recall...but happy to be educated if there have been any others?



Obviously most violence is not murder, but burning and smashing property is incredibly destructive to a community and it is amazing to see the kinds of people that support 'punching nazis'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... hy-n796106
https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/ ... my-hambly/
https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/10 ... 72/photo/1

There have been attempts at murder such as Eric Clanton and Charllotesville, and also incidents like the 'smash the patriarchy and chill' shooter which should be filed under mental illness.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/08/08 ... sault-case
https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/com ... _shooting/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 2516
Sonny Blount wrote:
BokJock wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
Democrats and Independents are becoming more violent:

Image


Only one death at a political rally in America since 2016 that I can recall...but happy to be educated if there have been any others?



Obviously most violence is not murder, but burning and smashing property is incredibly destructive to a community and it is amazing to see the kinds of people that support 'punching nazis'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... hy-n796106
https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/ ... my-hambly/
https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/10 ... 72/photo/1

There have been attempts at murder such as Eric Clanton and Charllotesville, and also incidents like the 'smash the patriarchy and chill' shooter which should be filed under mental illness.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/08/08 ... sault-case
https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/com ... _shooting/


Some fringe morons in balaclavas being morons vs the leader of the Republican Party and POTUS calling for people to be punched at his rallies and offering to pay their legal costs if they do....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14738
Kiwias wrote:


That's more than a bit slimy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3231
BokJock wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
BokJock wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
Democrats and Independents are becoming more violent:

Image


Only one death at a political rally in America since 2016 that I can recall...but happy to be educated if there have been any others?



Obviously most violence is not murder, but burning and smashing property is incredibly destructive to a community and it is amazing to see the kinds of people that support 'punching nazis'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... hy-n796106
https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/ ... my-hambly/
https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/10 ... 72/photo/1

There have been attempts at murder such as Eric Clanton and Charllotesville, and also incidents like the 'smash the patriarchy and chill' shooter which should be filed under mental illness.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/08/08 ... sault-case
https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/com ... _shooting/


Some fringe morons in balaclavas being morons vs the leader of the Republican Party and POTUS calling for people to be punched at his rallies and offering to pay their legal costs if they do....



You are anti-vax, flat earth levels of deluded if you don't notice the violence of the left.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2336, 2337, 2338, 2339, 2340, 2341, 2342 ... 2468  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, A5D5E5, assfly, Bing [Bot], bonzaboy, CarrotGawks, earl the beaver, easyray, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], massive_field_goal, message #2527204, nardol, Nobleman, Phredd, PornDog, Poshprop, SaintK, sewa, Snooze, tiddle and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group