Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2418, 2419, 2420, 2421, 2422, 2423, 2424 ... 2558  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:27 am 

Rinkals wrote:
CNN reporting that satellite images show Iranian Freighter with their decks removed to allow for the installation of WMDs.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/16/politics/us-claims-iran-ships/index.html

Where have I heard that before?

Not. Again.

Iran has had a continued program to be able to militarize commercial shipping, by adding anti-shipping or anti-air missiles to them. This is to either provide an ability to defend themselves or bolster their own navy.
Anyone calling them WMDs is taking a f**king liberty and attempting to play on the fears of idiots listening to them. Using this broad definition of WMD, a hand grenade is a WMD. It's indiscriminate, but still a conventional munition - something that goes over the heads of fearful idiots. Cleared decks on a ship or bolstered launchpads and targeted arrays does in no way allow anyone to be able to decide that they're going to launch chemical, biological or nuclear/radioactive devices from it. FFS.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 am 

Are the Iranians using the Iraqi WMDs? Will Bibby show a placard of a bomb or will it by WMD by Neocon PowerPoint.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
Are the Iranians using the Iraqi WMDs? Will Bibby show a placard of a bomb or will it by WMD by Neocon PowerPoint.

John Bolton's mustache just grew erect at the thought of it.

This is where having Trump as the POTUS might actually be a saving grace. If he thinks Bolton is getting ahead of him, or worse - stealing his limelight - then he'll feel pressured to contradict him publicly.

Hell, if we convince Trump that Rouhani is a despotic strongman, Trump will be fawning over him and telling everyone how much they love each other by lunchtime tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 am 

_fatprop wrote:
Saint wrote:
_fatprop wrote:
Saint wrote:
_fatprop wrote:

It is not going to stand even if passed, the first court will kill it, it is purely designed to create a test case for the Roe vs Wade premise that human life in the womb is not human life

And I would bet that even the current Supreme Court will not kill Roe vs Wade

This is probably a step too far for them - which may force them into a series of rulings defending Roe, when they would otherwise prefer not to

A podcast I was listening to suggested it will be more about Planned Parenthood v. Casey https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_P ... d_v._Casey "whereas under Planned Parenthood v. Casey the state can regulate abortions at any point from fetal viability (when a fetus is able to live outside of the mother's womb) and beyond. Before viability at 23-24 weeks or earlier, regulations are allowed as long as that regulation does not pose an undue burden on the woman.[4]"

I think there will be a push about fetal viability and giving the states the ability to suggest viability is earlier.

The new law states there is a baby from conception, while there are some moral absolutists that would agree, I don't think that is reasonable at all, nor do I see an unfettered right to kill a baby in the womb as reasonable either. I think it is a horrible concept and wish it never happened, but it does and will and cannot be outlawed.

And I have no idea what is reasonable, but I would like to see more support for the mothers, more insistence that the fathers take personal responsibility as well

Neither of those things are part of the GOP agenda. Funnily enough, they are sometimes part of the Dem agenda

Yep, my thinking is if a party wants to discourage abortion, they have to provide support for those new mothers and improve the availability of effective cheap contraception, the UK has shown the way

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... h-strategy

But that would require the involvement of the government. People should be self sufficient, government shouldn't be telling them what to do (except not to have an abortion, it's OK for government to tell them that)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
CNN reporting that satellite images show Iranian Freighter with their decks removed to allow for the installation of WMDs.

Not. Again.

Iran has had a continued program to be able to militarize commercial shipping, by adding anti-shipping or anti-air missiles to them. This is to either provide an ability to defend themselves or bolster their own navy.
Anyone calling them WMDs is taking a f**king liberty and attempting to play on the fears of idiots listening to them. Using this broad definition of WMD, a hand grenade is a WMD. It's indiscriminate, but still a conventional munition - something that goes over the heads of fearful idiots. Cleared decks on a ship or bolstered launchpads and targeted arrays does in no way allow anyone to be able to decide that they're going to launch chemical, biological or nuclear/radioactive devices from it. FFS.

To be clear, nobody (that I've seen) has referred to WMDs, and I'm guilty of deliberately using the term to draw a parallel between this and Bush's Iraq war.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Not. Again.

To be clear, nobody (that I've seen) has referred to WMDs, and I'm guilty of deliberately using the term to draw a parallel between this and Bush's Iraq war.

Humble apologies, I wasn't intending to make it look like I was pointing the finger at you for originating the WMD claim, my wee rant was definitely aimed at the idiots that CNN was reporting on.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 am 

echo wrote:

Err - that's why they call it "neo-Marxism" not "Marxism". It's the bastard love-child of critical theory and marxism.

Find whoever sent you that and kick them upside the head.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am 

penguin wrote:
penguin wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Just for some balance on this thread, the great Lord Black predicts a very very bad end for the Democrats in all this:

Quote:
So immense and intoxicating was the world of malicious make-believe the Clinton–Obama Democrats had confected, with the benign neutrality of the Bushies of all generations of that perennial family, that they are just beginning to realize how immense is their peril and potential for self-destruction. If they had just taken their lumps and made the normal billings and cooings on defeat, Trump would never have bothered them. By endlessly poking the victor, unleashing their media parrots, and screaming of treason, they have encouraged precisely the qualities of President Trump which most irritate his enemies, and many politically neutral and tasteful people as well. They have roused a monster, and as Admiral Yamamoto, architect of Japan’s tactical victory at Pearl Harbor famously said, “filled him with a terrible resolve, which will shortly be turned upon” them.

Trump would not have bothered them if they had not pursued this defamatory idiocy of Russian collusion and treason. All of them will face the grand jury, rubber stamps for prosecutors, who will not be auditioning for Democratic gubernatorial nominations or even for places in the big Democratic law firms. Their inability to accept the people’s verdict made their late opponent more like the nasty caricature they claimed he was, but provoked him and his supporters to tear the mask off their institutional, financial, and media corruption, all of which he would have been happy to forego, if they had allowed him to be the customary generous post-electoral figure of national reconciliation Americans have come to expect of incoming presidents on a political honeymoon. They sowed and they shall reap, and the harvest will disgrace and destroy them. Before it is over, even the slab-faced incarnation of sanctimony, Robert Mueller, will be doing a tap dance explaining his role in the Boston FBI scandal, the anthrax fiasco, and the Clintons’ clinging Uranium One controversy.

Make of that what you will.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/ ... democrats/

That article is absolute horsesh*t. He should be sued for plagiarism, as he's evidently rifled through the outpourings of Hannity and co, and is playing all their greatest hits...'uranium one', Comey is corrupt, 'there is no Russia', 'but the democrats paid for the dossier'.

Play 'Hillary's emails' Conrad! Whoooo...

Also I couldn't read this ...

Quote:
This commission should have a mandate to investigate cases of prominent people (for which there will have to be some sort of definition) who have possibly been unjustly convicted,

without seeing Black wistfully imagining Donald pardoning him too. You're going to have to buff that ringpiece harder for that Conrad...really get in there.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say 'I was wrong'. I was very wrong. Conrad Black did not need to do any more buffing of Trump's ringpiece for his pardon.

Meh - Black was stitched up like a kipper so as pardons go, we aren't really in Mark Rich territory here.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Not. Again.

Humble apologies, I wasn't intending to make it look like I was pointing the finger at you for originating the WMD claim, my wee rant was definitely aimed at the idiots that CNN was reporting on.

Yeah, sorry. I know.

Nobody has apparently seen the images, but it smacks to me of preparing the American public to expect retaliatory action and giving that action justification.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

John Bolton's mustache just grew erect at the thought of it.

This is where having Trump as the POTUS might actually be a saving grace. If he thinks Bolton is getting ahead of him, or worse - stealing his limelight - then he'll feel pressured to contradict him publicly.

Hell, if we convince Trump that Rouhani is a despotic strongman, Trump will be fawning over him and telling everyone how much they love each other by lunchtime tomorrow.

Which is exactly what has just happened! :lol:

Now that we mostly have a handle on Trump and see how easily he is manipulated, I'm seriously thinking that it might be in the worlds best interest for him to have a 2nd term. Just get everyone playing him for a while, lovely.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am 

kiwinoz wrote:

That honestly still makes me laugh out loud when I see it or think about it. f**king mental.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:50 am 

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Meh - Black was stitched up like a kipper so as pardons go, we aren't really in Mark Rich territory here.

The interesting part is not what he did to get jailed, and what he deserved, it's that you can get pardoned just as long as you kiss enough of that gigantic arse. Rewarding people for writing nice things about you...all perfectly normal.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:16 pm 

penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

The interesting part is not what he did to get jailed, and what he deserved, it's that you can get pardoned just as long as you kiss enough of that gigantic arse. Rewarding people for writing nice things about you...all perfectly normal.

I dont think you are going to like many Presedential pardons.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:17 pm 

oh boy! Situation is about to get a whole lot worse for the orange shitgibbon and his crew of cretins

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:

Meh...... he's flipped so he must be a liar. His voicemails must be fake as well. Call was probably placed by Hillary

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:03 pm 

zzzz wrote:
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

I don't, I think they are generally a pretty ugly wielding of executive power but they are normally political trading and favours, rather than personal rewards for flattery and brown-nosing. Neither type is good, only one type makes me think of a medieval king deciding not to execute a courtier who somehow found himself at the gallows, just because his final words were about how fine the king looked in his pantaloons today. It's typical of the narcissistic bedlam that is the whitehouse at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:55 pm 

They
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

I don't, I think they are generally a pretty ugly wielding of executive power but they are normally political trading and favours, rather than personal rewards for flattery and brown-nosing. Neither type is good, only one type makes me think of a medieval king deciding not to execute a courtier who somehow found himself at the gallows, just because his final words were about how fine the king looked in his pantaloons today. It's typical of the narcissistic bedlam that is the whitehouse at the moment.

Oh they're pretty ugly all right. Anyone remember Clinton pardoning his dope head brother?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm 

penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

The tone was set early on when Trump pardoned that terminal knobcheese Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm 

zzzz wrote:
They
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

Oh they're pretty ugly all right. Anyone remember Clinton pardoning his dope head brother?

Yeah, that's bullsh*t too.

Quote:
Anti-Federalist Papers, George Clinton – the first governor of New York – argued that giving the president what is essentially a judicial power could lead to dire consequences: "the establishment of a vile and arbitrary aristocracy or monarchy

He wasn't wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
The tone was set early on when Trump pardoned that terminal knobcheese Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Yeah, another odious sh*tbag.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm 

They
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:36 pm 

Jeez, how many brothers did Clinton have?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:02 pm 

So a judge has ordered the Flynn sections of the Mueller report to be unredacted and published before the end of the month. It's kinda important apparently.

Trump as ever, seems to have the wrong end of the stick and is lying out of his ass as per usual.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
2h2 hours ago
More
It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge. It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?

You were told. Sally Yates told you. James Comey told you. Chris Christie while running your transition refused to endorse him. Obama cautioned against him.

Here's FOX News reporting on Sally Yates, for example
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/yates- ... a-contacts

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:07 pm 

If you punch a pinhole in a kaleidoscope and then look at an eclipse, you’ll just make out how Merry can spin this win.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 pm 

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/20 ... 673430002/

Hopefully CNN get smashed to bits and lawyers go after the evil online trolls who tried to ruin some kids, their families, and the school.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
So a judge has ordered the Flynn sections of the Mueller report to be unredacted and published before the end of the month. It's kinda important apparently.

Trump as ever, seems to have the wrong end of the stick and is lying out of his ass as per usual.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
2h2 hours ago
More
It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge. It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?

You were told. Sally Yates told you. James Comey told you. Chris Christie while running your transition refused to endorse him. Obama cautioned against him.

Here's FOX News reporting on Sally Yates, for example
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/yates- ... a-contacts

None of that can be true. Donald has said he would have changed his mind if there had been evidence; he didn't change his mind, therefore there can't have been evidence. This is obvious stuff

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:35 am 

zzzz wrote:
They
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

But.. but.. but...HILLLLARY! ...or em .. BILLLLL! :( :x x(

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:55 pm 

for those who wish to follow excerpts of the mueller report on the orange shitgibbon

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:12 pm 

Hong Kong wrote:

I find that highly irritating.

Mueller's findings are unequivocal, yet he is incapable of acting on them. Leaving it up to congress (and the inevitable partisan accusations which would and will undermine any such action) was extreme cowardice.

Initially, I had some sympathy with Mueller's standpoint with regard to needing to be absolutely clear and have all the 'i's dotted and 't's crossed but it's now clear that there was ample evidence to make a decision that wasn't a completely wishy-washy cop out.

Even if he was incapable of acting against a sitting President, it's quite clear that Kushner, Don Jr. and others had acted illegally and he should have had the balls to hold them to account.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:32 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

I find that highly irritating.

Mueller's findings are unequivocal, yet he is incapable of acting on them. Leaving it up to congress (and the inevitable partisan accusations which would and will undermine any such action) was extreme cowardice.

Initially, I had some sympathy with Mueller's standpoint with regard to needing to be absolutely clear and have all the 'i's dotted and 't's crossed but it's now clear that there was ample evidence to make a decision that wasn't a completely wishy-washy cop out.

Even if he was incapable of acting against a sitting President, it's quite clear that Kushner, Don Jr. and others had acted illegally and he should have had the balls to hold them to account.
You really need to read the report, both volumes.

A number of the extracts tweeted above relate to Volume one, where Mueller did make a very clear and unequivocal prosecutorial decision (including specifically in respect of Kushner and Trump Jnr). Those clear conclusions have not been seriously challenged but are from time to time misrepresented.

Volume 2 is where the issues are created by his decision to not make such a judgment (which is all the more puzzling because there were individuals who would not be covered by any benefit of the DOJ opinion against prosecution of a sitting President).

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 pm 

Mueller flopped but the democrats still had room to move for impeachment as Mueller basically said to them "I'm not sure I can legally do anything but here's the blueprint for how how I think you lot could"

They instead froze and worried that impeaching Trump would be unpopular. They have forgotten that the successful midterm elections and record turnouts were down to the promise that THEY would hold the president accountable.

Can you imagine the bloodthirsty republicans not impeaching president Hilary Clinton within 24 hours of that report dropping?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:00 pm 

Cabbage wrote:
Mueller flopped but the democrats still had room to move for impeachment as Mueller basically said to them "I'm not sure I can legally do anything but here's the blueprint for how how I think you lot could"

They instead froze and worried that impeaching Trump would be unpopular. They have forgotten that the successful midterm elections and record turnouts were down to the promise that THEY would hold the president accountable.

Can you imagine the bloodthirsty republicans not impeaching president Hilary Clinton within 24 hours of that report dropping?

But that's the point.

Congress cannot do anything. Not without being accused of furthering a political agenda. Even the limited attempts to interview the various actors implicated in the report are being fought tooth and nail, both by the WH and by Lindsey Graham and others in Congress.

This was entirely predictable. As a so-called independent entity Mueller should have had the balls to act on his own report rather than bottling it and throwing it into somebody else's lap.

@Mr Mike, no I haven't read the entire report, but what I am reading is a lot more damning than what I had expected.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 pm 

All speculation, but I don’t think the Republicans would be acting that differently if the roles were reversed (or the Dems for that matter). The lessons of the previous Clinton process have sunk in and neither party would skip over the opportunity/obligation to build public support before voting on articles of impeachment. A failed impeachment would be a massive error if it reduces the likelihood voter exercising the ultimate democratic sanction and Nancy won’t tolerate that.

Rinks, what have you seen in Volume One that was a shock?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:37 pm 

Some light relief...

Quote:
Mischievous hackers apparently gained access to President Trump’s golf account and posted remarkably bad scores on Friday.

Four scores were posted to the president’s USGA-administered GHIN (Golf Handicap and Information Network) system on Friday, though there’s no indication that the scores – 101, 100, 108, 102 – are authentic because Trump was traveling and didn’t play golf.

Was it Putin?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:04 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
All speculation, but I don’t think the Republicans would be acting that differently if the roles were reversed (or the Dems for that matter). The lessons of the previous Clinton process have sunk in and neither party would skip over the opportunity/obligation to build public support before voting on articles of impeachment. A failed impeachment would be a massive error if it reduces the likelihood voter exercising the ultimate democratic sanction and Nancy won’t tolerate that.

Rinks, what have you seen in Volume One that was a shock?

Most of it.

I don't think it was a shock, exactly. I expected very little in the way of firm evidence that Trump's team had sought Russian assistance apart from the Trump Tower meeting that Trump told Don Jr. to lie about. That Mueller documented so much contact with various Russian entities, yet refused to draw any conclusions from them, was surprising, yes.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:08 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Some light relief...

Quote:
Mischievous hackers apparently gained access to President Trump’s golf account and posted remarkably bad scores on Friday.

Four scores were posted to the president’s USGA-administered GHIN (Golf Handicap and Information Network) system on Friday, though there’s no indication that the scores – 101, 100, 108, 102 – are authentic because Trump was traveling and didn’t play golf.

Was it Putin?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/donald-trump-golf/index.html

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:12 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Some light relief...

Quote:

Was it Putin?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/donald-trump-golf/index.html
Not the best Leader round.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/gol ... r-11325632

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:18 pm 

Saw this and it made me laugh. Mixture of ignorance/stupidity and prejudice.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:19 pm 

zzzz wrote:
They
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:
penguin wrote:
zzzz wrote:

That makes it ok then?

Good grief man, get yourself some integrity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2418, 2419, 2420, 2421, 2422, 2423, 2424 ... 2558  Next