All times are UTC [ DST ]

Cheat or accidental?
Poll runs till Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:51 pm
Farkin' scummy cheater 96%  96%  [ 43 ]
Accident innit 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 45
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:51 pm 

Quote:
Patrick Reed says he should not be called a cheat after being penalised for improving the lie of his ball at the Hero World Challenge last Friday.

The 2018 Masters champion moved sand in a bunker with his practice swing, which carries a two-stroke penalty.

Reed, who will play for the US in this week's Presidents Cup, was criticised by players from the International team.

However, he said: "I wasn't trying to improve a lie. If you break the rules unintentionally, it's not cheating."

Video
https://twitter.com/i/status/1203042773340971008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:55 pm 

He must have known he moved the sand. Cheat.

He is a really good player, so it's a shame he lets himself down like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:57 pm 

Ancient news.....move on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 pm 

What a scumbag thing to do

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:15 pm 

It's clearly cheating, he does it twice ffs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:21 pm 

There are stories about certain incidents from his college career that caused him to "leave" Georgia U.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:28 pm 

A well known cheat. Has always been one.

Rumoured he stole money from players wallets in the clubhouse in his earlier years .

Always hated the fat little douchebag

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 pm 

I can deal with his outright cúntishness over Speith's slow play, wander just into eyesight to practice as other guy hits shit though

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:51 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

Yes and it happened 4 years ago...... What to you want to do ...ban him for life ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:59 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Yes and it happened 4 years ago...... What to you want to do ...ban him for life ?

What are you on? It happened on Friday

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/patrick-reed-penalized-two-shots-improving-lie-sand-hero-world-challenge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:00 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Eh, it happened last week at the Hero Challenge :uhoh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:03 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

what again ?????? fúcking cheating cúnt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:06 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:11 pm 

He's a cheat. Don't touch the sand is about as fundamental to golf as throw the ball backwards is to rugby. It's the first bloody thing you learn when you start to play. You're telling me a professional golfer did that by accident?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 pm 

danthefan wrote:
He's a cheat. Don't touch the sand is about as fundamental to golf as throw the ball backwards is to rugby. It's the first bloody thing you learn when you start to play. You're telling me a professional golfer did that by accident?

They've changed the laws to say you can touch the sand, however, you cannot change the lie, his ball was in an unraked footprint near the heel so he would have had an uneven strike as the club would be going through sand before the heel, into air and then the ball and more sand. Him pushing the sand out was making his swing easier.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 pm 

The Sun God wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:12 pm 

Reed claims that the camera angle doesn't show that his club was well behind the ball and in no way improved the lie. As I have no evidence to prove otherwise i'm prepared to accept that. I like the lad and I am impressed how he is willing to travel the world to play and support other tours.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:16 pm 

danthefan wrote:

Pah, it's all about the direction of the hands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:20 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
Reed claims that the camera angle doesn't show that his club was well behind the ball and in no way improved the lie. As I have no evidence to prove otherwise i'm prepared to accept that. I like the lad and I am impressed how he is willing to travel the world to play and support other tours.

The aerial shot from his ball landing and the on course reporter said that his ball was at the back of a depression due to a footprint, he smoothed out the heel of the print with his club to make his lie better and getting a cleaner strike it is text book cheating.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:46 pm 

danthefan wrote:

It wasn't a bunker it was a hazard. You are now allowed to ground the club as long as it doesn't improve the lie. If he was standing away from the ball as he claims then it is no different to taking a practice swing in the rough to test the thickness.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:51 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
BlackMac wrote:

The aerial shot from his ball landing and the on course reporter said that his ball was at the back of a depression due to a footprint, he smoothed out the heel of the print with his club to make his lie better and getting a cleaner strike it is text book cheating.

He claims otherwise. Struggle to believe he would be that blatant when he knows he is bound to be on camera.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:57 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
BlackMac wrote:

He claims otherwise. Struggle to believe he would be that blatant when he knows he is bound to be on camera.

He can claim all he wants, I'll trust the on course reporter and aerial shot over his word.

And I get that he enjoys his whole pantomime villain role in Europe and fair play for playing a few events each year on the European Tour but he's far from the first pro to cheat and he's certainly not going to be the last.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:59 pm 

Sorry but that is just blatant cheating right there. Flay him!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:02 pm 

He has previous.......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:44 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
BlackMac wrote:

Fatprick cam claim all he likes. He attempted to cheat and got caught. The response of his fellow pros is damning.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 pm 

themaddog wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
BlackMac wrote:

Fatprick cam claim all he likes. He attempted to cheat and got caught. The response of his fellow pros is damning.

The one thing on this is why on earth would you think you'd get away with it these days? It's been a long time since you could.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:54 pm 

I'm a Golf ref. I have to tell golfers where to drop balls (and they have usually dropped but I'm not going to feel if they were).

The amount of ignorance displayed by those who should know better (basically learn the Rules) is astonishing.

I had a chap blast a drive into a wood. Lots of noise, then the ball suddenly appeared on the faiway.

Sent into the bunker to the right.

Two swishes at the ball and it arrived on the green to be two putted.

Have a ruddy guess what he asked his card marking partner to put.
Spoiler: show

Nothing to do with me but he was booted out of Girton a few weeks later.

This fella is a cheat. You should know the rules about grounding clubs in a hazard if you were a teenager.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:01 pm 

globus wrote:
I'm a Golf ref. I have to tell golfers where to drop balls (and they have usually dropped but I'm not going to feel if they were).

The amount of ignorance displayed by those who should know better (basically learn the Rules) is astonishing.

I had a chap blast a drive into a wood. Lots of noise, then the ball suddenly appeared on the faiway.

Sent into the bunker to the right.

Two swishes at the ball and it arrived on the green to be two putted.

Have a ruddy guess what he asked his card marking partner to put.
Spoiler: show

Nothing to do with me but he was booted out of Girton a few weeks later.

This fella is a cheat. You should know the rules about grounding clubs in a hazard if you were a teenager.

Did you take any photos of this fella and then post them here against his express wishes?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:04 pm 

CM11 wrote:
themaddog wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
BlackMac wrote:

The one thing on this is why on earth would you think you'd get away with it these days? It's been a long time since you could.

Arrogance.

You just know he's a big fan of and adherent to the philosophy of that arch cheater, Donald Trump. :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:09 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
danthefan wrote:

It wasn't a bunker it was a hazard. You are now allowed to ground the club as long as it doesn't improve the lie. If he was standing away from the ball as he claims then it is no different to taking a practice swing in the rough to test the thickness.

The Rules got changed. I'm awating my updated Rules of Golf and the other encyclopaedia that goes with it.

It appears it's a hazard if it's on tee to green. Otherwise, it's OK. Wondering how the powers that be settled on the latter.

Will report back possibly as the new set might be a Christmas present.

I really do not like allowing fiddling of the surface around the ball. Play it as it lies is my mantra.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:19 pm 

globus wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
danthefan wrote:

The Rules got changed. I'm awating my updated Rules of Golf and the other encyclopaedia that goes with it.

It appears it's a hazard if it's on tee to green. Otherwise, it's OK. Wondering how the powers that be settled on the latter.

I really do not like allowing fiddling of the surface around the ball. Play it as it lies is my mantra.

Everything before the word "lies" in your final sentence can be deleted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:23 pm 

globus wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
danthefan wrote:

What in god's name does that actually mean. It makes no sense at all. You might also find that the Rules of Golf are available on the internet thingy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:26 pm 

If Reed is guilty as charged it seems that cheating Yanks are really becoming a problem, what with him and Kuchar.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:26 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
globus wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
danthefan wrote:

What in god's name does that actually mean. It makes no sense at all. You might also find that the Rules of Golf are available on the internet thingy.

Pfft internet. Sure globby has the original manuscript on which he first codified the rules of golf shortly after he invented it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:49 pm 

https://www.randa.org/Rog/2019/Rules/The-Rules-of-Golf/Rule-12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:56 pm 

If I'm in the mood, I'll dredge up the latest I have.

It's winter now. Nothing to really pick up on till around March.

"Decisions on the Rules of Golf" is the umpires bible.

Some very funny things on there.

Now. This happened to me. I was playing on the Curragh course where they put fertiliser in the rough, not on the fairways, and the greens were surrounded by wire.

Reason? It kept the ruddy sheep off.

OK. Mini challenge.

I hit a drive which bounced and went up a sheep's bottom, stuck firmly. Ruling?

Bit of a horrible sequel to that match.

One hell of a lot of whisky went down in the Officers bar.

I slept to a roaring fire of peat burning.

Next day we went to a pub. It has the long arm of a boxer in a glass case.

Come on, inhabitants of the Emerald Isle, tell them where it is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 pm 

globus wrote:

Now. This happened to me. I was playing on the Curragh course where they put fertiliser in the rough, not on the fairways, and the greens were surrounded by wire.

OK. Mini challenge.

That didn't happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 pm 

globus wrote:

:lol: Classic globus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:05 pm 

globus wrote:

OK. Mini challenge.

Imaginationland. Just down the road from Ballybullshit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:08 pm 

It's a genuine illness lads, don't take the piss out of him too much.