Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12432
Given all but the USA squad have now been announced we can probably do this.

NZ

1 Mako Vunipola (England)
2 Jordan Uelese (Australia)
3 Ben Tameifuna (Tonga)
4 Luke Thompson (Japan)
5 Dean Budd (Italy)
6 Michael Leitch (Japan)
7 Jack Lam (Samoa)
8 Nasi Manu (Tonga)
9 Willi Heinz (England)
10 Joey Carbery (Ireland)
11 Sean Maitland (Scotland)
12 Hadleigh Parkes (Wales)
13 Bundee Aki (Ireland)
14 Tim Nanai-Williams (Samoa)
15 Jayden Hayward (Italy)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8412
irish twats complaining about car battery in 3....2..1


Last edited by comets on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12432
comets wrote:
irish twats complaining about carberry in 3....2..1


Not saying he's not Irish, this is purely based on birthplace


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:52 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16674
I think Ireland are due to have a couple of lads in the USA squad. Other than that we’ve Kieran Bracken and that’s about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5948
DOB wrote:
I think Ireland are due to have a couple of lads in the USA squad. Other than that we’ve Kieran Bracken and that’s about it.


McKinley?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48612
Location: Dirty Leeds
Yeah isn't this basically just NZ and SA that can do this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1488
Location: Capital City
DOB wrote:
I think Ireland are due to have a couple of lads in the USA squad. Other than that we’ve Kieran Bracken and that’s about it.


Canadian squad as well I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 13268
DOB wrote:
I think Ireland are due to have a couple of lads in the USA squad. Other than that we’ve Kieran Bracken and that’s about it.

Peter Nelson has been called up by Canada


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8412
1.
2
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Cokanasiga?
9.
10.
11. Raka
12. Kerevi
13. Vakatawa
14. Koroibete
15. Reece

oh got the midfield and outside backs, needs some forwards :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6844
frillage wrote:
DOB wrote:
I think Ireland are due to have a couple of lads in the USA squad. Other than that we’ve Kieran Bracken and that’s about it.


McKinley?


No he didn't make the final squad


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12094
England first draft. Stumped at hooker and sure to be missing someone obvious

Alex Allan
?
Thomas Francis
Jake Ball
Tim Swinson
Sam Skinner
Hamish Watson
Ross Moriarty
Ali Price
Greig Tonks
Hallam Amos
Jonathan Davies
Will Addison
George North
Jonah Holmes

Edit - Ah crap. Didn't read the OP. That's harder... I'm out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22255
earl the beaver wrote:
Yeah isn't this basically just NZ and SA that can do this?


Eh? England are 2nd to NZ for the category of players born in the country and playing elsewhere. Even over SA. Not sure of they complete an RWC squad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 831
I love the "eh?" as if one should know that fact about England. Only NZ could get anywhere near, SA probably second.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8412
this can work if we include players that have played for your country in the last 2 years and not just part of the RWC..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4786
Location: Eryri
The only two I can think of for Scotland are George Biagi (Italy) and Brendan McKibbin (Oz). Don’t know whether Biagi will make Italy’s squad, and I don’t think McKibbin ever played for the Wallabies, though he was in a match day squad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12432
eldanielfire wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Yeah isn't this basically just NZ and SA that can do this?


Eh? England are 2nd to NZ for the category of players born in the country and playing elsewhere. Even over SA. Not sure of they complete an RWC squad.


By my reckoning the count is this (again excluding the USA which has a couple of Saffers, Kiwis and Irish in their wider squad)

NZ-born - 47
England - 16
SA - 11
Australia - 11
Fiji - 8
Tonga - 6
Samoa - 3
Ireland - 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15131
Location: Haunting your dreams
1. Campese Maafu
2. James Hilterbrand
3. Mike As
4. Ben toolis
5. Greg Peterson
6. ?
7. ?
8. Billy Vuniploa
9.
10. Ben Volavola
11.
12.
13. Sam Johnson
14.
15.

I'm sure there are more, but that's off the top of my head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5948
Zakar wrote:
1. Campese Maafu
2. James Hilterbrand
3. Mike As
4. Ben toolis
5. Greg Peterson
6. ?
7. ?
8. Billy Vuniploa
9.
10. Ben Volavola
11.
12.
13. Sam Johnson
14.
15.

I'm sure there are more, but that's off the top of my head.



Johnson at 13, you spoofer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2087
Location: At the back of the Red & Black pack
naki wrote:
Given all but the USA squad have now been announced we can probably do this.

NZ

1 Mako Vunipola (England)
2 Jordan Uelese (Australia)
3 Ben Tameifuna (Tonga)
4 Luke Thompson (Japan)
5 Dean Budd (Italy)
6 Michael Leitch (Japan)
7 Jack Lam (Samoa)
8 Nasi Manu (Tonga)
9 Willi Heinz (England)
10 Joey Carbery (Ireland)
11 Sean Maitland (Scotland)
12 Hadleigh Parkes (Wales)
13 Bundee Aki (Ireland)
14 Tim Nanai-Williams (Samoa)
15 Jayden Hayward (Italy)


Nailed on quarterfinalists. Would probably make the semis if drawn in Pool C or D.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18261
frillage wrote:
Zakar wrote:
1. Campese Maafu
2. James Hilterbrand
3. Mike As
4. Ben toolis
5. Greg Peterson
6. Sitiveni Mafi
7. ?
8. Billy Vuniploa
9.
10. Ben Volavola
11.
12.
13. Sam Johnson
14.
15.

I'm sure there are more, but that's off the top of my head.

Johnson at 13, you spoofer.

You want him at 12?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15131
Location: Haunting your dreams
Can you think of any others Kiap - the only other two I'm aware of are props


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15664
Current players that have played test Rugby as you can’t put out a XV from the World Cup squads.

1. Ben Franks
2.
3. Finlay Bealham
4. Ben Toolis
5. Steve Mafi
6.
7. Jack Clifford
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
10.
11.
12.
13. Sam Johnson
14.
15.


Last edited by Brumby_in_Vic on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2104
So you’re limiting it to RWC players, in which case, by your count, only NZ could actually put out a full team (I assume there are a number of positional double ups amongst the English 16).
Poorly disguised brag thread x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12432
sunnybanana wrote:
So you’re limiting it to RWC players, in which case, by your count, only NZ could actually put out a full team (I assume there are a number of positional double ups amongst the English 16).
Poorly disguised brag thread x(


Not sure it’s a brag to be the most vulnerable nation to poaching in all of world rugby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15131
Location: Haunting your dreams
naki wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
So you’re limiting it to RWC players, in which case, by your count, only NZ could actually put out a full team (I assume there are a number of positional double ups amongst the English 16).
Poorly disguised brag thread x(


Not sure it’s a brag to be the most vulnerable nation to poaching in all of world rugby


You should be proud to have an export other than powdered milk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5589
Location: Vandean Coast
Zakar wrote:
naki wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
So you’re limiting it to RWC players, in which case, by your count, only NZ could actually put out a full team (I assume there are a number of positional double ups amongst the English 16).
Poorly disguised brag thread x(


Not sure it’s a brag to be the most vulnerable nation to poaching in all of world rugby


You should be proud to have an export other than powdered milk


We export regular milk too!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 269
deadduck wrote:
Zakar wrote:
naki wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
So you’re limiting it to RWC players, in which case, by your count, only NZ could actually put out a full team (I assume there are a number of positional double ups amongst the English 16).
Poorly disguised brag thread x(


Not sure it’s a brag to be the most vulnerable nation to poaching in all of world rugby


You should be proud to have an export other than powdered milk


We export regular milk too!


LOL FUK U ZAKKER!1!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 620
Bernard Leroux (France)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 16710
Tonga

1. Tu'ungafasi ( NZ)
2. Tolu Latu (Aust)
3. Tupou (Aust)
4. Vaea Fifita (NZ)
5. Lopeti Timani (Aust)
6. Mafi (JP)
7. Frizzel (NZ)
8. Faletau (W)
9.
10. Fili Lomani (Rom) converted from wing
11. Moeakiola (JP)
12. Sione Faka'osilea (Rom)
13. Fekitoa (NZ)
14. Halai (NZ)
15. Fonovai Tangimana (Rom)


Last edited by CrazyIslander on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 8412
maybe tonga and fiji can combine to form the world's deadliest team P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1445
naki wrote:
Given all but the USA squad have now been announced we can probably do this.

NZ

1 Mako Vunipola (England)
2 Jordan Uelese (Australia)
3 Ben Tameifuna (Tonga)
4 Luke Thompson (Japan)
5 Dean Budd (Italy)
6 Michael Leitch (Japan)
7 Jack Lam (Samoa)
8 Nasi Manu (Tonga)/ Blade Thompson (Scotland)
9 Willi Heinz (England)
10 Joey Carbery (Ireland)
11 Sean Maitland (Scotland)
12 Hadleigh Parkes (Wales)
13 Bundee Aki (Ireland)
14 Tim Nanai-Williams (Samoa)
15 Jayden Hayward (Italy)


More relevant for me are the players who departed as experienced pro's as a result of Super franchise mismanagement and
AB selection blinkers.

Dean Budd had AB written all over him , career stymied by Pat Lam.

Blade Thomson wrecked by incessant selection as lock vs his natural excellence at 6&8 [ now a problem position]

Tim Nanai Williams limited to centre/wing/fullback when it was plain as day he had Carlos Spencer written all over him and the versatility he has made him an obvious AB Supersub.

Aki and Parkes are grade A journeymen.

The fact that an average provincial scrum half like Heinz can culminate a profitable pro career in England with RWC selection will guarantee a continuous stream of competent journeyman scrumhalves departing our shores for many years to come .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5948
kiap wrote:
frillage wrote:
Zakar wrote:
1. Campese Maafu
2. James Hilterbrand
3. Mike As
4. Ben toolis
5. Greg Peterson
6. Sitiveni Mafi
7. ?
8. Billy Vuniploa
9.
10. Ben Volavola
11.
12.
13. Sam Johnson
14.
15.

I'm sure there are more, but that's off the top of my head.

Johnson at 13, you spoofer.

You want him at 12?


Yup, 12 please and thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 375
Unless constrained to very recent times, I reckon most of the top 12 nations could put a reasonable side together on this basis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48612
Location: Dirty Leeds
CrazyIslander wrote:
Tonga

1. Tu'ungafasi ( NZ)
2. Tolu Latu (Aust)
3. Tupou (Aust)
4. Vaea Fifita (NZ)
5. Lopeti Timani (Aust)
6. Mafi (JP)
7. Frizzel (NZ)
8. Faletau (W)
9.
10. Fili Lomani (Rom) converted from wing
11. Moeakiola (JP)
12. Sione Faka'osilea (Rom)
13. Fekitoa (NZ)
14. Halai (NZ)
15. Fonovai Tangimana (Rom)

You realise they are meant to be at the RWC?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10890
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK
South Africa.

1. WP Nel
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Matt Stevens
4. Greg Rawlinson
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Josh Strauss
7. CJ Stander
8. Kwagga Van Niekerk
9. Rory Kockott
10. Andrew Mertens
11. Wes Goosen
12. Brad Barritt
13. Mike Catt
14. Clyde Rathbone
15. Scott Spedding

First draft, not bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2104
Kwagga van Niekerk? :lol:

Just in this WC you have Lappies Labuschagne, Braam Steyn and Bernard Le Roux as LF options. Liam Wright played for Aus in the RC too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 3491
1 Allen Dell
2
3 WP Nel
4 Jean Kleyn
5 Wimpie van der Walt
6 Bernard Le Roux
7 Lappies Labuschagnes
8 CJ Stander
9 Ruben de Haas
10
11 DTH van der Merwe
12
13
14 Kotaro Matsushima
15 Dane Haylett Petty

This is what I've got - struggling for centres (as are the real Bokke)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 3491
Insane_Homer wrote:
South Africa.

1. WP Nel
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Matt Stevens
4. Greg Rawlinson
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Josh Strauss
7. CJ Stander
8. Kwagga Van Niekerk
9. Rory Kockott
10. Andrew Mertens
11. Wes Goosen
12. Brad Barritt
13. Mike Catt
14. Clyde Rathbone
15. Scott Spedding

First draft, not bad.


also not within the rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15395
CrazyIslander wrote:
Tonga

1. Tu'ungafasi ( NZ)
2. Tolu Latu (Aust)
3. Tupou (Aust)
4. Vaea Fifita (NZ)
5. Lopeti Timani (Aust)
6. Mafi (JP)
7. Frizzel (NZ)
8. Faletau (W)
9.
10. Fili Lomani (Rom) converted from wing
11. Moeakiola (JP)
12. Sione Faka'osilea (Rom)
13. Fekitoa (NZ)
14. Halai (NZ)
15. Fonovai Tangimana (Rom)


Dear god! :uhoh: RWC players, i.e. current squad members.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15395
Insane_Homer wrote:
South Africa.

1. WP Nel
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Matt Stevens
4. Greg Rawlinson
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Josh Strauss
7. CJ Stander
8. Kwagga Van Niekerk
9. Rory Kockott
10. Andrew Mertens
11. Wes Goosen
12. Brad Barritt
13. Mike Catt
14. Clyde Rathbone
15. Scott Spedding

First draft, not bad.



And another. Off the remedial reading for you, lad.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big D, BillW, Blackrock Bullet, Canadian_Rugger, Cartman, diarm, DOB, Farva, Fat Old Git, Google Adsense [Bot], IBWT, jambanja, Jeff the Bear, Lenny, Lobby, maxbox, rugga., Toro, Wilderbeast, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group