Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 18081
Maria Taylor is gorgeous!

Meanwhile, Georgia back in this. Some awful tackling efforts there - but I'll take it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Maria Taylor is awesome. She's pretty funny too.

Big momentum shift here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Tied up now, start of 4th Q.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 18081
Terrible throw!

They are shook!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4912
Location: The void
This game turned out alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 18081
It's been wild!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Wow! Crazy game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 18081
:lol:

Fark!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3377
link?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Georgia just tied it up 45-45 1 min left.

One of the games of the year, playoff or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
tb032004 wrote:
link?


Here ya go chief


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 18081
Mad, mad game!

OT!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Ouch. That drop from Nauta could be costly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Game saving tackle by Roquan Smith. What a contest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Dawgs will play for their first title since 1980. In ATL. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 18081
:o

Thank God for that!

Great farking game!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Freshman Fromm out-duels the Heisman winner. Been high on this kid since his first game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18974
Bowens wrote:
Game saving tackle by Roquan Smith. What a contest.

That's the guy that Mock Drafts have going to the Raiders.

Although that was before Jack Del Rio got sacked, Jon Gruden may want a shiny new toy on offense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Why Atlanta is the capital of college football: http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... me-atlanta

Quote:
The Ohio State Alumni Club of Atlanta regularly draws 150 people to the Hudson Grille in Sandy Springs, an Atlanta suburb. Four times that many Buckeyes have gathered to watch the Ohio State-Michigan game, according to club president Shawn Murnahan, an attorney for the SEC (no, not that one; the Securities and Exchange Commission).

"The manager here said to me, 'Y'all are the reason I got a bonus last year,'" Murnahan said.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9789
Marshall Banana wrote:
Maria Taylor is gorgeous!

Meanwhile, Georgia back in this. Some awful tackling efforts there - but I'll take it...


6' 2" tall too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9789
Bowens wrote:
Dawgs will play for their first title since 1980. In ATL. 8)


I spent a Christmas down in Athens about a decade or so ago. My friends were telling me how REM bought up swathes of downtown to stop investors from knocking down older buildings and putting up apartments etc. ruining the charm of the town. I went to their stadium as well when I was there.

So while I generally support the Big 10 teams (Wolverines - due to work and Wildcats - due to where I lived), my only SEC team I follow are the Bulldogs. I really don't like Sabin and Bama.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
I have a cousin who's a UGA grad and another attending Bama. Needless to say they won't be watching the game together. I don't like Bama either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:43 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Bowens wrote:
I have a cousin who's a UGA grad and another attending Bama. Needless to say they won't be watching the game together. I don't like Bama either.


Surely nobody does. Even the pricks that go there must only support them coz they have to. :lol:

The OK/GEO game was one of the best I've seen. f**king enjoyable. Pity Clemson couldn't finish the day off for me.

Bones, I'm with you on the Darnald and Rosen draft thing. They are shit in my opinion too. Darnald was atrocious in the Bowl game. Lamar Jackson is really talented but I'm not 100% convinced his skills will translate. A lot will depend on his ability to adapt, like Watson and Mariota have. I'd take him 10 positions above the Manziels/Tebow types above.

Hope the Dawgs win by 1,00000000.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9789
Bowens wrote:
I have a cousin who's a UGA grad and another attending Bama. Needless to say they won't be watching the game together. I don't like Bama either.


Look at this. A Bama hater indeed! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS4IA96FRk8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6428
Bleacher report mock draft reckons six quarterbacks in the first round. Would have potential for a record number of busts I reckon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751 ... -top-names


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Yeah LJ is on another planet compared to Manziel who was small and entitled. I think a lot will depend on where he ends up. If he can sit for a year or two he will be in much better shape than if he's expected to start right away.

Apparently Manziel is eyeing a CFL comeback though so keep an eye out. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
LandOTurk wrote:
Bowens wrote:
I have a cousin who's a UGA grad and another attending Bama. Needless to say they won't be watching the game together. I don't like Bama either.


Look at this. A Bama hater indeed! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS4IA96FRk8


I woke the dead when OSU beat them in 2015. Never been so happy after a win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9789
Bowens wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
Bowens wrote:
I have a cousin who's a UGA grad and another attending Bama. Needless to say they won't be watching the game together. I don't like Bama either.


Look at this. A Bama hater indeed! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS4IA96FRk8


I woke the dead when OSU beat them in 2015. Never been so happy after a win.


Mine was that Chris Davis return in the Iron Bowl. Sabin's face walking up to shake hands with the opposition coach was just wonderful!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Bowens wrote:
Yeah LJ is on another planet compared to Manziel who was small and entitled. I think a lot will depend on where he ends up. If he can sit for a year or two he will be in much better shape than if he's expected to start right away.

Apparently Manziel is eyeing a CFL comeback though so keep an eye out. :lol:


As long as he doesn't sign for BC, don't care. Useless is useless - anywhere.

That Iron Bowl return for TD was priceless. They have a map of the runback in the stadium. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 6959
Anyone drafting Lamar Jackson to play as a conventional, pro style NFL QB should be fired.

If someone wants to roll the dice and create a completely new offense for him then he might have a shot. But the guy is not a natural passer and his numbers reflect that. He is an unbelievable athlete though and runner. Manziel was a much better passer than him in college and the majority of his problems have been off the field which never gave him a shot at making anything of himself.


I have been off on Sam Darnold all year too. I watched them against Cal and he should have thrown 5 picks. The bowl game was just an extension of his entire season. But he looks like an NFL QB and someone will take the plunge pretty early on him based on that and last years tape. Plus his OL this year has been terrible tbf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18974
Demilich wrote:
Bleacher report mock draft reckons six quarterbacks in the first round. Would have potential for a record number of busts I reckon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751 ... -top-names

There's a certain buzz that the new Browns GM (Dorsey?) fancies a "Josh" with the #1 pick.
But it's Josh Allen - they see him as very much like the Carson Wentz that they whiffed on two years ago.



Also, Carson Palmer has just retired so add the Cardinals to the great 2018 draft crapshoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12526
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Yer Man wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Bleacher report mock draft reckons six quarterbacks in the first round. Would have potential for a record number of busts I reckon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751 ... -top-names

There's a certain buzz that the new Browns GM (Dorsey?) fancies a "Josh" with the #1 pick.
But it's Josh Allen - they see him as very much like the Carson Wentz that they whiffed on two years ago.



Also, Carson Palmer has just retired so add the Cardinals to the great 2018 draft crapshoot.


Is that the Potato Bowl kid?

Look the last guy to be Wentz was Flacco. Guys getting to the NFL from a non-FSB school are rare and don't happen often.

LJ may work if he is a system that gives him a 3-4 seconds and run routes. Honestly he needs to be the 3rd stringer on a team, with an established 1 and mentor as QB 2 and learn in the position. Like say a NE, Miami or Minnesota even. Just somewhere he will learn to be a QB.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Jimmy G went to Eastern Illinois. Big school QBs flop more than small school guys do. Especially the 4 and 5 star recruits out of high school types.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Deadtigers wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Bleacher report mock draft reckons six quarterbacks in the first round. Would have potential for a record number of busts I reckon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751 ... -top-names

There's a certain buzz that the new Browns GM (Dorsey?) fancies a "Josh" with the #1 pick.
But it's Josh Allen - they see him as very much like the Carson Wentz that they whiffed on two years ago.



Also, Carson Palmer has just retired so add the Cardinals to the great 2018 draft crapshoot.


Is that the Potato Bowl kid?

Look the last guy to be Wentz was Flacco. Guys getting to the NFL from a non-FSB school are rare and don't happen often.

LJ may work if he is a system that gives him a 3-4 seconds and run routes. Honestly he needs to be the 3rd stringer on a team, with an established 1 and mentor as QB 2 and learn in the position. Like say a NE, Miami or Minnesota even. Just somewhere he will learn to be a QB.


Don't disagree, except for 3rd string part. I have a thought in my head that he would be good in Detroit behind Stafford, who has a good few years in him to teach the guy, but he is going to get game time at various times in the season. Detroit know they have to find a run game to compete, and that is what would help LJ. They can all grow at the same time.

Now excuse me while I field all of these GM offers coming my way. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Tickets to the title game are going for like $3-4k.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5186
Evening chaps, bit of advice if possible. A buddy of mine (former Boredie actually) and I are planning on a bit of a roadtrip in the US later this year. We would like it to coincide with the college football season so we can soak up some Friday Night Lights.

Our initial thoughts were to check out a bit around the Mid-West then head south to some of the Southern states. Does this seem doable? What are some iconic teams/ stadiums it would be worth visiting.

Also, is there anything else we should definitely put on the itinerary?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12890
Where are you flying into? Quick itinerary would be Ann Arbor-Columbus-Morgantown-Blacksburg-Knoxville-Athens. Once you leave Ohio there would be a ton of mountains, whitewater etc to check out. You could always skip Morgantown and go to Happy Valley instead, then hit Gettysburg. Would add a lot of drive time but maybe worth it.

A smaller school along the way would be Appalachian State in western NC. Very pretty area.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4013
Location: Vancouver, BC
I would love to go to Beaver Stadium and watch Penn State. 110,000 people wearing white. Looks flippin' cool on TV.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5186
Bowens wrote:
Where are you flying into? Quick itinerary would be Ann Arbor-Columbus-Morgantown-Blacksburg-Knoxville-Athens. Once you leave Ohio there would be a ton of mountains, whitewater etc to check out. You could always skip Morgantown and go to Happy Valley instead, then hit Gettysburg. Would add a lot of drive time but maybe worth it.

A smaller school along the way would be Appalachian State in western NC. Very pretty area.


Awesome thanks dude. Will google those tomorrow. The plan would probably be to fly into Chicago and have a look around Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio sort of places (probably not able to do all I realise) then drive south to Alabama and Louisiana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11929
Deadtigers wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Bleacher report mock draft reckons six quarterbacks in the first round. Would have potential for a record number of busts I reckon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751 ... -top-names

There's a certain buzz that the new Browns GM (Dorsey?) fancies a "Josh" with the #1 pick.
But it's Josh Allen - they see him as very much like the Carson Wentz that they whiffed on two years ago.



Also, Carson Palmer has just retired so add the Cardinals to the great 2018 draft crapshoot.


Is that the Potato Bowl kid?

Look the last guy to be Wentz was Flacco. Guys getting to the NFL from a non-FSB school are rare and don't happen often.

LJ may work if he is a system that gives him a 3-4 seconds and run routes. Honestly he needs to be the 3rd stringer on a team, with an established 1 and mentor as QB 2 and learn in the position. Like say a NE, Miami or Minnesota even. Just somewhere he will learn to be a QB.


Wyoming plays in the Mountain West. They're an FBS school playing the same level of competition that Derek Carr, Ben Roethlisberger, Case Keenum, Alex Smith and Andy Dalton faced in college.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AD345, bessantj, bimboman, Bogbunny, brokerGObroke, Clive Simms, dam0, Double, Dougie, Google Adsense [Bot], GWO2, iarmhiman, iRich, Joost, KalEl, maverickmak, Mr Mike, Mr. Very Popular, Nabberuk, Olo, ovalball, Petej, pjm1, Plastic Sarrie, Saint, Scrummie, Snooze, sockwithaticket, Still Playing, swc, tabascoboy, tcc_dc, Theflier, Wendigo7, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group