Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 98  Next

How would/will you vote in a referendum?
Keep the law as it stands. 20%  20%  [ 32 ]
Repeal the 8th. 80%  80%  [ 125 ]
Total votes : 157
 Post subject: Re: Repealing the 8th
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm 

No poster is calling anybody a murderer you loon.

As for a grown man calling somebody chubs on an abortion debate for having the gall to have a different opinion. Well, I'll let other posters draw their own conclusions. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:12 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

As for a grown man calling somebody chubs on an abortion debate for having the gall to have a different opinion. Well, I'll let other posters draw their own conclusions. :thumbup:

90% of the no posters infer abortion means killing a baby. As a woman who's had an abortion what do you think that would say to you?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:12 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Quote:
If an assertion from a woman is all that is required, he says this will be difficult when rape is committed by intimates or acquaintances and may not be reported.

While these are not insuperable legal obstacles, the committee will be advised it may be necessary to establish a working group to advise on this matter.

Legal chap from your own link doesn't agree. :lol:

They literally decided they couldn't surmount them you fucktard, that's why we're voting on free access up to 12 weeks

Statto who is voting Yes has already explained this to you.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You posted the link making a fool of yourself all on your lonesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Quote:
If an assertion from a woman is all that is required, he says this will be difficult when rape is committed by intimates or acquaintances and may not be reported.

While these are not insuperable legal obstacles, the committee will be advised it may be necessary to establish a working group to advise on this matter.

Turns out I hadn't to go too far at all.

From your own link.

Fúck off now thanks :lol:

And what did they recommend after all that Mullet? Are there some proposals to legislate for abortion only in cases of rape or is 12 weeks access?

So according to this bright spark it can't be done because the legal expert described the issue as "not insuperable"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that's me convinced!

I must admit I wasn't actually fully of aware of just the problems actually is!! Thanks angry internet man :thumbup:

Are you living in some parallel universe where they decided they could actually legislate on cases of rape? Like you do understand they decided after expert testimony , to not do it?

This started because you, in your legal wisdom, claimed it would be as easy as signing a legal document saying you were raped. :lol:

Love how you still carry on as if you're this on the fence voter btw, as if you hadn't made up your mind from day one

They decided not to legislate specifically for rape on compassionate grounds as opposed to not being able to legislate for it.[/quote]

Which is fair enough. As I said, I felt that they were "hot housed" and fed a diet of fairly one sided opinions and came out with the most extreme position possible.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

90% of the no posters infer abortion means killing a baby. As a woman who's had an abortion what do you think that would say to you?

Abortion is the killing of a baby.

That is my opinion and I hold it sincerely, your inability to talk about these things like a grownup is your problem here.

I hate to break it to you but people are allowed to have a different opinion to yours.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:16 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Quote:

Legal chap from your own link doesn't agree. :lol:

They literally decided they couldn't surmount them you fucktard, that's why we're voting on free access up to 12 weeks

Statto who is voting Yes has already explained this to you.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You posted the link making a fool of yourself all on your lonesome.

It was recommended under compassionate grounds and the fact that the legislation could be highly complex or impossible to implement :

From the assembly report

While the Committee accepts that it should be lawful to terminate a pregnancy that is the result of a rape or other sexual assault, it has concerns about whether the recommendation of the Citizens Assembly can be implemented in practice. These concerns arise from:
(a) the difficulty presented in the verification of a rape or sexual assault, and
(b) the opinion of the Committee that:
(i) there is a need to avoid the further traumatisation of a victim of rape or sexual assault that would arise if some form of verification was required;
(ii) a requirement for a verification process is likely to be complex or even unworkable in practice.

Last edited by fishooks15 on Thu May 10, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:18 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

That is my opinion and I hold it sincerely, your inability to talk about these things like a grownup is your problem here.

I hate to break it to you but people are allowed to have a different opinion to yours.

Who's denying you that opinion?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm 

Except that is not what the legal expert told them is it?

Now you were big on experts earlier so who should I believe? The professor of Law at Maynooth or a load of people chosen by a polling company in the Grand Hotel.

If you believe a woman having to report a rape to the police or her Doctor is traumatic and therefore we should allow the other 98% of abortions to spare her that trauma fine, it's a legitimate opinion.

But quit bullshitting that it has any basis in law because your link proves you're talking pony.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:22 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:

You have been nothing but abusive to anybody who disagrees with you.

Part of the new wave coming up who think all opinion but your own needs to be roared down and abused.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:22 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Do you consider it a baby from the moment of fertilisation or where do you draw the line?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

Now you were big on experts earlier so who should I believe? The professor of Law at Maynooth or a load of people chosen by a polling company in the Grand Hotel.

If you believe a woman having to report a rape to the police or her Doctor is traumatic and therefore we should allow the other 98% of abortions to spare her that trauma fine, it's a legitimate opinion.

But quit bullshitting that it has any basis in law because your link proves you're talking pony.

haha, moving the goalposts now Mullet

You said it could be done via signing a legal document saying a woman was raped. I said the committee said it would be unworkable after hearing from expert opinion. The you started to say stats was right to say it was just under compassionate grounds, which was part of the decision but the legality of it also carried as much weight, as the report says.

So, in short, not sure what the fudge you're still raving about

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:25 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:

Part of the new wave coming up who think all opinion but your own needs to be roared down and abused.

nah I've been abusive to you, as you have been to me, and the fucker who thinks woman aren't to be trusted

Other than that I've posted civilly on the topic. Suspend your outrage, you're not being silenced

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:26 pm 

I find it hard to draw the line to be honest.

What is the most important milestone? I can't really answer it tbh.

I suppose I should say conception but I don't oppose the morning after pill. In many ways, I'm a hypocrite but everybody has to draw the line somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:26 pm 

Jumper wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Do you consider it a baby from the moment of fertilisation or where do you draw the line?

Interested to hear his response to this

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:27 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

You said it could be done via signing a legal document saying a woman was raped. I said the committee said it would be unworkable after hearing from expert opinion. The you started to say stats was right to say it was just under compassionate grounds, which was part of the decision but the legality of it also carried as much weight, as the report says.

Except your own legal expert agrees with me.

Stinger :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:29 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Legal experts agree it would be practical for someone raped to sign a piece of "legal paper" to proceed with an abortion?

Aye, good man

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:30 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:

nah I've been abusive to you, as you have been to me, and the fucker who thinks woman aren't to be trusted

Other than that I've posted civilly on the topic. Suspend your outrage, you're not being silenced

Actually no.

I'm abusive to you because you went on some wild spiel on the Jackson thread the last time I disagreed.

Playing some weird "Oh I know you" internet weirdo card. I take nothing personal on here and the many posters who have met me can back that up. I'll even buy you a pint in the club some time you creepy loon.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

I suppose I should say conception but I don't oppose the morning after pill. In many ways, I'm a hypocrite but everybody has to draw the line somewhere.

Maybe if you can't answer that, leave it up to each individual person to decide within 12 weeks? Not taking the piss when I say that but if you can see how you're struggling with it put yourself in the shoes of a woman who would like to have a choice

Like you're not even totally conservative on the issue, surely you recognise exporting the problem isn't a good thing?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Legal experts agree it would be practical for someone raped to sign a piece of "legal paper" to proceed with an abortion?

Aye, good man

Quote:

Eh yeah actually :lol:

Not that I don't trust you as much as the professor of law.

I mean you are some lad on the internet

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:33 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:

Actually no.

I'm abusive to you because you went on some wild spiel on the Jackson thread the last time I disagreed.

Playing some weird "Oh I know you" internet weirdo card. I take nothing personal on here and the many posters who have met me can back that up. I'll even buy you a pint in the club some time you creepy loon.

Tbh the only thing I know about you is from your own posts, that you're a prop from Malahide. Was trying to get a rise there so you'll have to forgive that. I do frequent your club once a season though

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Maybe if you can't answer that, leave it up to each individual person to decide within 12 weeks? Not taking the piss when I say that but if you can see how you're struggling with it put yourself in the shoes of a woman who would like to have a choice

Like you're not even totally conservative on the issue, surely you recognise exporting the problem isn't a good thing?

It would be alot easier for me to be liberal on the issue. My own girlfriend is canvassing with together4yes

But I have examined my conscience and I consider it to be a human life.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Aye, good man

Quote:

Eh yeah actually :lol:

Not that I don't trust you as much as the professor of law.

I mean you are some lad on the internet

An expert didn't recommend what you're inferring . The expert said it wasn't practical

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:35 pm 

Seems we've both been dicks and need to chill out so :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:35 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

It would be alot easier for me to be liberal on the issue. My own girlfriend is canvassing with together4yes

But I have examined my conscience and I consider it to be a human life.

Well maybe you'll be turned yet. If not, it's your vote.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Seems we've both been dicks and need to chill out so :thumbup:

Yeah true, it's an emotive subject tbf.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:41 pm 

Without all the emoting, what did I post that was so disgusting and warranted the childish name calling from a number of posters?

We are told on the posters "Trust women" as if they have all wisdom and will make the right decision. They don't always and they won't always. They make stupid decisions like the rest of us. They stupidly use abortion pills bought over the internet with no medical supervision.

Some get pregnant and have multiple abortions. The poster saying "trust women" is as stupid as many of the No campaigns ones. Trusting human beings to make rational decisions in what they see as extreme situations isn't always the right thing to do.

But no, modern Ireland it's all about the self. Instant solutions, no personal responsiiblity.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:45 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Without all the emoting, what did I post that was so disgusting and warranted the childish name calling from a number of posters?

We are told on the posters "Trust women" as if they have all wisdom and will make the right decision. They don't always and they won't always. They make stupid decisions like the rest of us. They stupidly use abortion pills bought over the internet with no medical supervision.

Some get pregnant and have multiple abortions. The poster saying "trust women" is as stupid as many of the No campaigns ones. Trusting human beings to make rational decisions in what they see as extreme situations isn't always the right thing to do.

But no, modern Ireland it's all about the self. Instant solutions, no personal responsiiblity.

Sums you up.

The fact you don't see anything wrong with your previous or above speaks volumes.

Dismissing women as stupid because our archaic system forces them into situations they would prefer not to be in is pretty misogynistic.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:47 pm 

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/abortio ... 9-May2018/

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:49 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Sums you up.

The fact you don't see anything wrong with your previous or above speaks volumes.

Dismissing women as stupid because our archaic system forces them into situations they would prefer not to be in is pretty misogynistic.

The notion that women would use abortion instead of contraception is daft too. Like, even abortion tablets are horrendous in terms of the tax they put on a woman's body

Contraception fails, people have sex drunk, these things don't get changed by women 'copping on'

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Sums you up.

Yup and all it does is export an Irish issue to the UK. There are thousands of Irish abortions performed there every year

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:52 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Sums you up.

You couldn't be missing the point by that much without doing so willfully.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:56 pm 

fishooks15 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Sums you up.

The notion that women would use abortion instead of contraception is daft too. Like, even abortion tablets are horrendous in terms of the tax they put on a woman's body

Contraception fails, people have sex drunk, these things don't get changed by women 'copping on'

The level of abortion in the UK would indicate to me that abortion becomes "normalised" in a relatively short period (1967 -2018). It would appear to me that it is regarded as no big deal and certainly not the way we view it here. That will happen here. Once we make that step then any further steps will be along the same path. That is inevitable.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:57 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Sums you up.

The level of abortion in the UK would indicate to me that abortion becomes "normalised" in a relatively short period (1967 -2018). It would appear to me that it is regarded as no big deal and certainly not the way we view it here. That will happen here. Once we make that step then any further steps will be along the same path. That is inevitable.

Anyway, that's me out of the debate. I'm a no voter who would have been a yes voter if the Government hadn't jumped the shark and gone with the extremists.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 pm 

I'm sure you'll sleep well thinking of all the women you have punished just so your morals about other women not being able to use abortion as contraception are upheld.

Good man. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Sums you up.

Anyway, that's me out of the debate. I'm a no voter who would have been a yes voter if the Government hadn't jumped the shark and gone with the extremists.

Whatever your view, the legislation propose is in no way 'extreme'. It would be some of the strictest abortion legislation in the US for example

There's a US state trying to lower period to twelve weeks with a 3 day waiting period and it's being pushed by the far right of the Republican party and will likely go all the way to the Supreme Court . So our proposed 'extreme' abortion legislation is highly conservative in other parts of the world.

Here's an interesting piece on the different restrictions is the US
https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes ... .html?_r=0

Last edited by fishooks15 on Thu May 10, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

CM11 wrote:
I'm sure you'll sleep well thinking of all the women you have punished just so your morals about other women not being able to use abortion as contraception are upheld.

I'm sure he was certainly going to vote yes too, no doubt about it

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:01 pm 

CM11 wrote:

|Sorry you have a problem with him following his own conscience do you?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:02 pm 

As far as it being extreme, it is essentially legalising what already happens while allowing us room to be compassionate towards those who need it most.

But even then, that's the legislation proposed. It's not what you're actually voting on. Saying you'd vote yes if other legislation was proposed is a cop out. Any yes vote would lead us to the legislation that will probably, but not definitely, come in. And at least we'll be arriving at it honestly.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:06 pm 

I genuinely have no idea what you're on about there.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:07 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

|Sorry you have a problem with him following his own conscience do you?

As far as I can see he isn't of the view, nor are you for that matter, that every pregnancy is sacred and every foetus/baby needs protection. So for me, it seems that it's literally just because you don't agree with abortion as contraception. The fact that you'd allow it for rape but seem to refuse all other situations where a woman might feel she can't bring a baby to term suggests it's not a vote of conscience for the baby but a vote to punish the 'stupid' mother (stupid aimed at him not you).

As I said before, I actually respect the hardline no voters more because at least it's a more consistent position.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 98  Next