Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 80  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Boston
Uh oh! Not out of his hand at 0.0!?!

Looked that way with one eye :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Boston
Fvck yeah :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17974
:lol:

Too late, KD!

Nice work, Rockets. Tucker is a beast.

Kerr probably won't go to a 13 man rotation come the playoffs, though!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Posts: 6937
Good shit Houston..... Two good games, thank God basketball season is back. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11769
:lol: :lol: so glad it was Durant that it got called back on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17974
goeagles wrote:
:lol: :lol: so glad it was Durant that it got called back on.


9 turnovers for the game...

Loser.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Boston
Smee wrote:
Good shit Houston..... Two good games, thank God basketball season is back. :thumbup:


Amen :thumbup: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1675
Stu Wilsons gloves wrote:
welp, the projected 2nd or 3rd seed getting abused.


couldn't be happier to be wrong. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20265
I just saw the highlights. What a great way to start the season.

Marshall Banana wrote:
goeagles wrote:
:lol: :lol: so glad it was Durant that it got called back on.


9 turnovers for the game...

Loser.


:lol:

Did you hear that the Thunder gave Durant's former number to an undrafted rookie?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15091
What a start to the season :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 13206
Just read about Hayward. All on Kyrie's shoulders now. If he wanted to be the main man, here's his chance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1332
Go Warriors! Been a fan since way back


Last edited by vintage_cox on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
Haven't seen any of the match, but from the box score Simmons looks to be having a very solid debut.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1332
Go Warriors! Been a fan since way back


Last edited by vintage_cox on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Posts: 6937
Spurs can't get to the rim. :thumbdown: An all jumper offense......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17974
I don't know what Thibs was thinking at the end there...

Not that I ever doubted the Spurs would win - but it felt like he made it easier for them.

Anyway, great news on Hayward:

https://twitter.com/LynchieWCVB/status/920850943574532096

New information on Hayward surgery. As good as doctors could hope. Clean break, no ligament damage. Prognosis is good. Best case? March

EDIT: And the Suns are a disgrace! :lol: Bledsoe gotta get his ass to Denver.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20265
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Haven't seen any of the match, but from the box score Simmons looks to be having a very solid debut.


Simmons doesn't look like a rookie out there. He looks like he belongs with the older players already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 13206
Jeremy Lin out for the year

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2107 ... lar-tendon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11769
Bowens wrote:


Well at least he has time to kick it with Kenyon Martin now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 13206
I was thinking podcast. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6834
the bulls depth chart right now is something marvellous to behold


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17974
This is hilarious, and also disconcerting...

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/921015335897182208


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
See that's a sign of a team playing in perfect sync - that sort of instinctual play will make them a real force in future. Hell, they might even get within 40 points next time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2543
Location: Bondi Centrelink
Russell starts the season where he left off last year, with a triple double.

Big 3 for OKC all in the 20's. Even Adams is +27 for the night... Knicks are awful though... :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1332
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEC1EqLOL8c

I almost feel bad for the kid. His dad brought all this on, not him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17974
Pat Bev is the last dude you want to make your debut against! :lol:

The Lakers were awful - from what little I bothered to watch... They were missing KCP of course, and he's arguably their best player.


Jay Cee Gee,

:lol:

They're hosting the Lakers tomorrow, and are 3 point favourites. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1332
Snoop sums it up best

https://twitter.com/MickstapeShow/status/921245698422726657


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
Just watched a replay of the Suns v Lakers, Ball looked pretty good to be fair.

Also, I had a thought - why do the Lakers and commentators act like Larry Nance Jr's surname is "Nance Junior"?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 13206
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15091
Ben Simmons needs to take more shots. Too selfless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
Bowens wrote:
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


I know who Larry Nance was, but I don't think viewers and the public are gonna think a 60 year old is suiting up for the Lakers.

I haven't noticed commentators saying "Hardaway Jr" every time, though to be fair I think his jersey does.

Perhaps Isaiah Thomas' jersey should say "Thomas (no relation)".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 15091
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


I know who Larry Nance was, but I don't think viewers and the public are gonna think a 60 year old is suiting up for the Lakers.

I haven't noticed commentators saying "Hardaway Jr" every time, though to be fair I think his jersey does.

Perhaps Isaiah Thomas' jersey should say "Thomas (no relation)".

Jesus. I though Isaiah was Isiah's son.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 13206
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


I know who Larry Nance was, but I don't think viewers and the public are gonna think a 60 year old is suiting up for the Lakers.

I haven't noticed commentators saying "Hardaway Jr" every time, though to be fair I think his jersey does.

Perhaps Isaiah Thomas' jersey should say "Thomas (no relation)".


Ken Griffey was "Griffey Junior" instead of just Griffey to commentators forever. I don't know what your point is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Boston
Meant to post this the other night, but don’t sleep on the Clippers. Added some great pieces this offseason with Patrick “First Team All-Defense” Beverly, Milos Teodosic, Lou Williams, and Gallinari. (Also Sam Dekker, who showed some potential with the Rockets last year, though I’m not sure if they’ll find a way to get him on the court.)

That’s to go with arguably the best center in the game and an increasingly range-y Blake Griffin. Hopefully they’ll stay healthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
Bowens wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


I know who Larry Nance was, but I don't think viewers and the public are gonna think a 60 year old is suiting up for the Lakers.

I haven't noticed commentators saying "Hardaway Jr" every time, though to be fair I think his jersey does.

Perhaps Isaiah Thomas' jersey should say "Thomas (no relation)".


Ken Griffey was "Griffey Junior" instead of just Griffey to commentators forever. I don't know what your point is.



It just sounds weird them saying 'And here comes Nance Jr with the easy layup. Boy, Nance Jr has really been on fire tonight!". I can understand them introducing him as "Larry Nance Jr" at the start of the game, but referring to him as Nance Jr every time seems superfluous - we know who he is and his surname is Nance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Boston
vintage_cox wrote:


:lol: :lol:

BTW, your Pels put up a good fight last night. The supporting cast just isn’t there though (even though you stole the Great Tony Allen from “my”* Grizzlies) :x

*Evidently they’ve decided to show mostly Pacers games in St. Louis instead of Grizzlies now, so I guess that’s “my team” now... :|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 1937
Location: Boston
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


I know who Larry Nance was, but I don't think viewers and the public are gonna think a 60 year old is suiting up for the Lakers.

I haven't noticed commentators saying "Hardaway Jr" every time, though to be fair I think his jersey does.

Perhaps Isaiah Thomas' jersey should say "Thomas (no relation)".


Ken Griffey was "Griffey Junior" instead of just Griffey to commentators forever. I don't know what your point is.



It just sounds weird them saying 'And here comes Nance Jr with the easy layup. Boy, Nance Jr has really been on fire tonight!". I can understand them introducing him as "Larry Nance Jr" at the start of the game, but referring to him as Nance Jr every time seems superfluous - we know who he is and his surname is Nance.


Well, that is his name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
fonzeee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Because his dad's name is well known. Great Cavs player in the 80s and 90s.


I know who Larry Nance was, but I don't think viewers and the public are gonna think a 60 year old is suiting up for the Lakers.

I haven't noticed commentators saying "Hardaway Jr" every time, though to be fair I think his jersey does.

Perhaps Isaiah Thomas' jersey should say "Thomas (no relation)".


Ken Griffey was "Griffey Junior" instead of just Griffey to commentators forever. I don't know what your point is.



It just sounds weird them saying 'And here comes Nance Jr with the easy layup. Boy, Nance Jr has really been on fire tonight!". I can understand them introducing him as "Larry Nance Jr" at the start of the game, but referring to him as Nance Jr every time seems superfluous - we know who he is and his surname is Nance.


Well, that is his name.


It just sounds stupid, is all. I can understand it being on the jersey, but when they call him "Nance Junior" every time, it sounds like his first name is Nance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 13206
I would say throughout most of the Midwest his dad is still known better, that's why.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17118
Bowens wrote:
I would say throughout most of the Midwest his dad is still known better, that's why.


His dad is pushing 60, are people dumb enough not to know he's not still playing?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 80  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, dargotronV.1, earl the beaver, EverReady, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], Grizz Wyllie, HighKingLeinster, Joost, Leinsterman, mr bungle, msp., Mullet 2, Petros, SamShark, tabascoboy, Thomas, True Blue, usermame, Yourmother and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group