Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:44 am 

Philly will have room for a max contract this off season.

Simmons-PG-Covington-Saric-Embiid would be fucking amazing. Scary good defence.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:56 pm 

Klay has repeatedly said he'd take below market... Maybe the hope is they don't think Draymond would and they make a poor trade.

Philly getting Lebron is my hope and it's certainly possible. No other team gives what he'd need (I don't think Houston can make it work given Capela/CP3 expiring)?.. The PG line-up is great but still not near enough imo... just not enough scoring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:46 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
I would love to hear the case against the warriors, other than injury, on a short term horizon (say, 3 years)

These young guns (Philly, boston, Denver etc) are cute... no one seriously thinks they're threatening golden state any time soon?

Boston is going to be absolutely stacked next year, assuming they stay healthy: Irving-Brown-Tatum-Hayward-Horford is a likely starting lineup, a very strong bench (especially if they can keep Smart and Baynes this summer) and the second best coach in basketball calling the shots. They will compete with anybody.

GS will go as far as Steph and KD will take them. I do wonder if injuries are catching up with the former...and let us not forget that injuries almost derailed his career before he was a household name.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:03 pm 

Let's go Cavs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:02 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
I would love to hear the case against the warriors, other than injury, on a short term horizon (say, 3 years)

These young guns (Philly, boston, Denver etc) are cute... no one seriously thinks they're threatening golden state any time soon?

Boston is going to be absolutely stacked next year, assuming they stay healthy: Irving-Brown-Tatum-Hayward-Horford is a likely starting lineup, a very strong bench (especially if they can keep Smart and Baynes this summer) and the second best coach in basketball calling the shots. They will compete with anybody.

GS will go as far as Steph and KD will take them. I do wonder if injuries are catching up with the former...and let us not forget that injuries almost derailed his career before he was a household name.

No, they really won't. (Did you just cite injuries as a concern for GSW with Irving's knee and Hayward?)

The warriors have the two best players in that series (and it's not even close).. I don't know, we're looking at a team with 2 top 5 players and another two in the top 20 or so. This is absurd, historic and I'm aghast that anyone thinks anything other than injury is stopping them.

Hoping to be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:03 pm 

And I think it's fair to call Stevens number one at this stage.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:36 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:

No, they really won't. (Did you just cite injuries as a concern for GSW with Irving's knee and Hayward?)

The warriors have the two best players in that series (and it's not even close).. I don't know, we're looking at a team with 2 top 5 players and another two in the top 20 or so. This is absurd, historic and I'm aghast that anyone thinks anything other than injury is stopping them.

Hoping to be wrong.

I don’t even know where to begin with this post. (Edit: sorry, that’s a bit sassy...not going great for the Pacers...)

I’ll simply reiterate: they’ll go as far as KD and Steph take them. It’s probably worth another title, maybe two (including this year).

Second edit during commercial break:

-Kyrie isn’t far off KD/Steph, esp under Stevens, and let’s see how good Hayward is in that situation too...
-Boston had best D in league this year
-GS has no center and Horford’s massively underrated
-Some of GS’s ancillary pieces are aging
-more room to grow with Boston’s youngins
-Stevens

They will definitely be competitive.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:23 pm 

Couple of big 3s from Love to give us a decent lead. He's played well in fairness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm 

Damn it, that’s probably it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Couple of big 3s from Love to give us a decent lead. He's played well in fairness.

He actually has

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:41 pm 

Pacers impressed the hell out of me. Good young roster. Should battle Philly in the East for years to come.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:41 pm 

Lue can be clueless but the move to start Thompson was absolutely huge.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:43 pm 

Marshall Banana wrote:
TT not playing, I see.

Turner has had big trouble with big boys - Steve, Drummond, Nurkic, etc...

TT might kinda suck now - but he'd be useful.

It took Lue 2 weeks, but he finally listened to me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:44 pm 

Marshall Banana wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
TT not playing, I see.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:48 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
TT not playing, I see.

:thumbup:

But but but centers don’t matter anymore....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 pm 

LeBron 45 points. Cavs win :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:55 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
But but but centers don’t matter anymore....

I know right. They have been saying this shit for a few years. Then a beast like Embiid or Davis comes in and bosses fools.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:57 pm 

Bowens wrote:
Pacers impressed the hell out of me. Good young roster. Should battle Philly in the East for years to come.

They have a decent young roster but it's hard to see them being better than Boston or Philly, other than in case of injuries. Or Toronto for at least a few years, for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:08 pm 

Without Rubio, Mitchell has to play out of his mind for the Jazz to even compete here.

They could easily be swept - but I'll go Rox in 5.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:20 pm 

goeagles wrote:
Bowens wrote:

They have a decent young roster but it's hard to see them being better than Boston or Philly, other than in case of injuries. Or Toronto for at least a few years, for that matter.

They do have a ton of cap space - but attracting the elite free agents will always be difficult.

They are rumoured to be going after Aaron Gordon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:31 pm 

Marshall Banana wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Bowens wrote:

They do have a ton of cap space - but attracting the elite free agents will always be difficult.

In my fantasies we find a way to acquire Kawhi by dangling Turner (who Pops seems to rate on account of his being chosen for the Team USA player pool) and others.

About the bolded, people say this about small markets but I tend to think it’s a bit overstated. Sure, some want the beach or the big city at all costs, but if you can make $25M a year on a competitive team, and you’ve already got a family...why not?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 pm 

Just saw a replay of LeBron acting like a bitch when his head was brushed by the arm of a Pacers player.

Pathetic behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:58 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Bowens wrote:

In my fantasies we find a way to acquire Kawhi by dangling Turner (who Pops seems to rate on account of his being chosen for the Team USA player pool) and others.

About the bolded, people say this about small markets but I tend to think it’s a bit overstated. Sure, some want the beach or the big city at all costs, but if you can make $25M a year on a competitive team, and you’ve already got a family...why not?

Is Indianapolis really that small a market anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:04 pm 

WoodlandsRFC wrote:

It's definitely in the bottom 10 in the league for market size. I tend to agree a bit with Fonzee that how you run your team matters more than the market you're in. Market size also probably matters more in going after the super elite free agents.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:02 pm 

goeagles wrote:
WoodlandsRFC wrote:

It's definitely in the bottom 10 in the league for market size. I tend to agree a bit with Fonzee that how you run your team matters more than the market you're in. Market size also probably matters more in going after the super elite free agents.

Market size isn't everything though. We only need to see how successful the Lakers have been with free agents in recent years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:47 pm 

I did say "elite free agents"...

Kawhi would be a great fit in Indy - but if he were to hit free agency, they'd have little chance in signing him.

OKC can never get anyone worth shit - that's why they've had to draft + trade for them. Their best free agent signing since I've been a fan has been Anthony Morrow (although I still have faith in Patterson). They tried to get Pau, but he chose Chicago in part b/c OKC doesn't have an Opera House!

The Lakers are getting their shit together now - so they are an attractive destination once again. Although...

Spoiler: show

May turn a few away...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:51 pm 

https://www.oddsshark.com/nba/betting-odds-which-nba-team-kawhi-leonard-will-be-2018-19-season

Quote:
Which team will Kawhi Leonard be on for the first game of the 2018-19 NBA season?

Odds as of April 25 at Bovada

San Antonio Spurs -170
Philadelphia 76ers +400
Los Angeles Clippers +700
Los Angeles Lakers +900
Boston Celtics +1100
Cleveland Cavaliers +1200
New York Knicks +1400
Charlotte Hornets +1500
Milwaukee Bucks +1500

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:10 am 

The salvage job Pop did last summer with Aldridge bodes well for the Kawhi situation from the Spurs pov imo. Pop ate a lot of humble pie over that and Aldridge repaid him with a monster season..... San Antonio will be selling Kawhis people on that.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:50 am 

Tatum should not be settling for jumpers when Reddick is guarding him.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:36 am 

Crazy. Cavs didn't lead once the entire game and we're going to OT.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:55 am 

Raps gonna Raps!

Classic choke job! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:57 am 

Bron with 13 assists :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:58 am 

The Raptors have demons in their head. They should have won that game. Fair play to the Cavs though, they kept their turnovers to a minimum which helped keep them in the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:00 am 

Tehui wrote:
The Raptors have demons in their head. They should have won that game. Fair play to the Cavs though, they kept their turnovers to a minimum which helped keep them in the game.

That demon is Lebron James. Have said it many times, I will believe it when I see in in regards to a team dethoning lebron in a 7 game series in the East. Could happen but haven't seen it yet...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:17 am 

Why the fudge is Drake allowed to get in a heated shouting match with a player and not get his ass thrown out of the arena?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 am 

Because he's their mascot.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:25 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Why the fudge is Drake allowed to get in a heated shouting match with a player and not get his ass thrown out of the arena?

Drake is to the Raptors what Spike Lee is to the Knicks, and what Jack Nicholson is to the Lakers.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:27 am 

Tehui wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

Drake is to the Raptors what Spike Lee is to the Knicks, and what Jack Nicholson is to the Lakers.

Yeah, and it was bullshit when the Knicks didn't chuck Lee out for getting into it with Reggie Miller. Actually that was much worse cause he actually stepped onto the court.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:19 am 

How good is Stephen Curry? Holy cow.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:12 am 

I wish AD would get the same calls that James Harden gets when he drives in the paint

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 80  Next