Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
CrazyIslander wrote:
Didn't watch it but Simmons had a great game against the Warriors.


Well deserves his All Star berth :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
Davis rumours - He apparently indicated he might be willing to resign with the Lakers (obv) as well as the Bucks, Knicks & Clippers. Given those teams positions, you wonder if he's just trying to limit it to the Lakers. No one else has enough to offer (the Bucks do, but they wouldn't want to have to build a new team when they're competing now).

Lakers have thrown almost everything they've got at the Pelicans - Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Beasley, Rondo, Stephenson plus a couple of first round picks AND have offered to take a couple of contracts to help with the cap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7842
Pels getting pretty much everything they're asking for from the Lakers but it seems like they're trying to see what else they can get.

Kings are playing great basketball right now. Just beat the Spurs by 15 and Bagley had by far his best game of the year. Super fun team with just about as much cap room as anyone this summer. Gonna just imagine this scenario where KD wants to get a max deal, stay close to his Silicon Valley techbros and basically take a borderline playoff team and turn them into an immediate contender (basically the opposite of what he did when he signed with the Warriors). It's a long shot, but it sounds like he's likely to leave GS and the Knicks are dysfunctional as ever, the Lakers are likely going all in on Anthony Davis and the Clippers are targeting Kawhi. Stranger things have happened but we probably end up maxing Vucevic or Middleton instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14371
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Davis rumours - He apparently indicated he might be willing to resign with the Lakers (obv) as well as the Bucks, Knicks & Clippers. Given those teams positions, you wonder if he's just trying to limit it to the Lakers. No one else has enough to offer (the Bucks do, but they wouldn't want to have to build a new team when they're competing now).

Lakers have thrown almost everything they've got at the Pelicans - Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Beasley, Rondo, Stephenson plus a couple of first round picks AND have offered to take a couple of contracts to help with the cap.


If I were the Bucks GM, I'd offer every player & draft pick I had other than the Greek Freak. You can build your entire team around Giannis and Davis. The only thing that would prevent me making the deal, is if Davis is non-committal to staying on after next season. I wouldn't sell the entire farm to own a 1 year rental.

At least the Lakers offered the best deal possible. Magic can't do any more than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
I think Milwaukee's problem is that a lot of the attractive elements they could offer are on soon to expire contracts - Middleton would be the centrepiece of any package and he's a free agent after next season while Brogdon & Bledsoe are free agents in July.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
And looking further, the Bucks don't have much in the way of draft picks to trade. And the Clippers are in similar positions, expiring contracts & no picks to trade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 2038
Location: Boston
Honestly, if the rumors are true LA is offering Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and multiple firsts AND taking Solomon Hill’s contract, I totally make that deal.

Ball
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Mirotic

+

Randle
Elfrid Payton
some of the Lakers also rans like Lance and Rondo...

...is not a bad basketball team IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
fonzeee wrote:
Honestly, if the rumors are true LA is offering Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and multiple firsts AND taking Solomon Hill’s contract, I totally make that deal.

Ball
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Mirotic

+

Randle
Elfrid Payton
some of the Lakers also rans like Lance and Rondo...

...is not a bad basketball team IMO.


It is a really good trade & the Lakers are desperate AF....but the Pels must be looking at what Boston can offer & salivating at the thought of getting Taytum and others and picks that are likely to be pretty high. I still think they wait till July, but wouldn't be surprised if they go with LA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 2038
Location: Boston
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Honestly, if the rumors are true LA is offering Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and multiple firsts AND taking Solomon Hill’s contract, I totally make that deal.

Ball
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Mirotic

+

Randle
Elfrid Payton
some of the Lakers also rans like Lance and Rondo...

...is not a bad basketball team IMO.


It is a really good trade & the Lakers are desperate AF....but the Pels must be looking at what Boston can offer & salivating at the thought of getting Taytum and others and picks that are likely to be pretty high. I still think they wait till July, but wouldn't be surprised if they go with LA.


I’m pretty high on Tatum (fellow St Louisan exiled to Boston woot woot), but you’re getting three very good prospects as well as, if I’m not mistaken, first round picks that will necessarily come after the Lebron era, ie may actually be worth something. Plus the salary dump. I just can’t see how they’ll get a better deal than that.

Plus you do have to worry if appraisals of Tatum’s value/potential have been inflated by playing on such a good team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
Dudes, Dell ain't dealing with the Lakers now unless they give 4 first rounders a.k.a there is ZERO motivation from the Pels to deal right now unless it was a crazy over the top offer (plus he probably gonna be fired soon anyway)



Also that team you are discussing above... :roll:
Niko, Randle and Moore are being shopped around and I'd be disappointed if they aren't turned into picks soon. Randle isn't staying (and we don't really want him and his trash effort, he's worse than Jah defensively)
Where is OKC, surely you guys could use Niko??



Burn everything. The only players I want are Jrue, Moore, Frank J and maybe Jah cos he's fun. Oh and Kenrich Williams. The team has been sooooo much better over the last few games with Jrue leading a bunch of scrubs. The weight has been lifted and they're playing with more effort than we've seen all season and the crowd was the loudest it's been over the last 2 games. Now, they ain't winning shit anytime soon but that is just the way of it. I doubt they'll ever win a thing in my lifetime but if we can build another team and maybe make a few playoff runs, a 50 win season here or there, I'll take it


Pels twitter is really enjoying trolling LA fans right now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 2038
Location: Boston
Picks are highly overrated IMO. Unless it’s with a straight up bad team (who rightfully won’t sureender firsts anyway) you’re going to end up with a pick in the 20s, which you’re lucky to see turn into a decent role player off the bench. Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma gives a strong platform for the future, certainly better than any “burn it down” option.

Although if Twitters to be believed the Lakers have officially had it with Demps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
Lonzo Ball doesn't want to play for us. Ingram and Kuzma are meh. It's a platform for mediocrity. The Celtics have told us to wait. Who knows where the Knicks will draft...



We'll take the mystery box please


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
Also don't discount the fact that the Pelicans are annoyed at the Lakers and Klutch and are just being petty. The fans are here for it even knowing there may not be a better offer in the future


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 2038
Location: Boston
Kuzma and Ingram are second and third year players averaging 19 and 17 respectively. They’ve shortcomings but they’re young. Ball is a good player too which it seems you agree with but even if he doesn’t want to be there he’s an asset. Chances of three draft picks turning into three players of that quality are nonexistent.

I just really don’t see how they get a better deal than that. If it’s to spite the Lakers, okay, but he’ll probably end up there anyway so I think raiding their young talent would be a better way to accomplish that objective.

Ah well, it seems it’s all academic now anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 2038
Location: Boston
Also, small market teams can’t mess around with hanging around in the cellar, which I think is more likely if they pass on this deal. Especially franchises without a firm grounding like the Pels. Seattle is always lurking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 9301
I think Kuzma has a pretty bright future. Big and can drop 30-40 occasionally. He’s a matchup problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1092941826087108608 :lol: :lol: :lol:

That locker room has got to be uncomfortable right now



https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1092973468272943106

Pacers fans :thumbup:


Last edited by vintage_cox on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7842
fonzeee wrote:
Kuzma and Ingram are second and third year players averaging 19 and 17 respectively. They’ve shortcomings but they’re young. Ball is a good player too which it seems you agree with but even if he doesn’t want to be there he’s an asset. Chances of three draft picks turning into three players of that quality are nonexistent.

I just really don’t see how they get a better deal than that. If it’s to spite the Lakers, okay, but he’ll probably end up there anyway so I think raiding their young talent would be a better way to accomplish that objective.

Ah well, it seems it’s all academic now anyway.


I really have trouble believing they are actually turning down those 3, Zubac, and a zillion draft picks. Boston isn't going to offer Tatum for a 1 year rental.

I would definitely be a buyer on Ball right now. His trade value seems low, and there is always the Lavar nonsense lurking, but worst case scenario he's a taller Ricky Rubio, and there's still a decent chance he learns to shoot, which would probably make him all-star level. Kuzma seems like he definitely has potential to be a 3rd option on a good team and Ingram obviously has some upside too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
LeBron and the Trade Fodder just lost by 42 points :lol: The biggest loss by a LeBron team, ever


The best part is the Lakers caused this themselves


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 2038
Location: Boston
goeagles wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Kuzma and Ingram are second and third year players averaging 19 and 17 respectively. They’ve shortcomings but they’re young. Ball is a good player too which it seems you agree with but even if he doesn’t want to be there he’s an asset. Chances of three draft picks turning into three players of that quality are nonexistent.

I just really don’t see how they get a better deal than that. If it’s to spite the Lakers, okay, but he’ll probably end up there anyway so I think raiding their young talent would be a better way to accomplish that objective.

Ah well, it seems it’s all academic now anyway.


I really have trouble believing they are actually turning down those 3, Zubac, and a zillion draft picks. Boston isn't going to offer Tatum for a 1 year rental.

I would definitely be a buyer on Ball right now. His trade value seems low, and there is always the Lavar nonsense lurking, but worst case scenario he's a taller Ricky Rubio, and there's still a decent chance he learns to shoot, which would probably make him all-star level. Kuzma seems like he definitely has potential to be a 3rd option on a good team and Ingram obviously has some upside too.


Agreed. Not saying he's as talented as Simmons but they're both well-rounded players and he's a lot closer to being a shooting threat. I was hating on Lonzo irrationally early on cause of Lavar but he's really a very solid player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
vintage_cox wrote:
LeBron and the Trade Fodder just lost by 42 points :lol: The biggest loss by a LeBron team, ever


The best part is the Lakers caused this themselves


It's been good fun watching them suffer... :lol:

They just traded for Reggie Bullock, tho, and he's damn good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Sixers are going for it! :shock:

Woj:

Quote:
Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.


Simmons-Redick-Butler-Harris-Embiid is a nasty starting 5!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Decent haul for the Clips.

I really like Harris, but he's not a guy you want as your #1 option.

Tough to see them making the playoffs now - which means they'll keep their pick...

Kings making the playoffs would be awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17892
vintage_cox wrote:



:lol:

You have to wonder, for all his reputation as a guy friendly to everybody LeBron must be building up a lot of intense dislike from a fair number of young players, even under the skin, around the league abandoning now dozens of players, and having many more chucked for his own glory. Most won't ever say anything because of the media wall around LeBron but there has to be a number of resentful players out that at this stage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
eldanielfire wrote:
vintage_cox wrote:



:lol:

You have to wonder, for all his reputation as a guy friendly to everybody LeBron must be building up a lot of intense dislike from a fair number of young players, even under the skin, around the league abandoning now dozens of players, and having many more chucked for his own glory. Most won't ever say anything because of the media wall around LeBron but there has to be a number of resentful players out that at this stage.


I think that is what KD was talking about when he said the environment around Lebron is toxic

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7842
Marshall Banana wrote:
Decent haul for the Clips.

I really like Harris, but he's not a guy you want as your #1 option.

Tough to see them making the playoffs now - which means they'll keep their pick...

Kings making the playoffs would be awesome.


Obviously helps the Kings, but I'm not counting the Clips out of the playoff race unless they make more moves. They've still got some talent there, they have a relatively easy schedule (combined remaining opp win % is less than .500). They may not want to make the playoffs, though, since they lose their pick if they do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
True - Doc can work some magic with role players with no expectations...

In other news, Porter just got salary dumped to the Bulls for Parker + Portis (2 expirings). :frown:

Wiz finally tanking? Wall news the last straw?

I'd love me some Porter or Portis on the Thunder...

EDIT: Wiz also got a 2nd rounder in 2023 out of it.

Surprised the Kings couldn't beat that package? Weren't interested?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7842
Marshall Banana wrote:
True - Doc can work some magic with role players with no expectations...

In other news, Porter just got salary dumped to the Bulls for Parker + Portis (2 expirings). :frown:

Wiz finally tanking? Wall news the last straw?

I'd love me some Porter or Portis on the Thunder...

EDIT: Wiz also got a 2nd rounder in 2023 out of it.

Surprised the Kings couldn't beat that package? Weren't interested?


What the fudge. The Kings would have surely taken on Mahinmi's contract and maybe even thrown in WCS. Porter is the perfect fit for what the Kings need.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Woj:

Quote:
Houston, Cleveland and Sacramento completing a three-way deal that will send Iman Shumpert to the Rockets, league sources tell ESPN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
goeagles wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
True - Doc can work some magic with role players with no expectations...

In other news, Porter just got salary dumped to the Bulls for Parker + Portis (2 expirings). :frown:

Wiz finally tanking? Wall news the last straw?

I'd love me some Porter or Portis on the Thunder...

EDIT: Wiz also got a 2nd rounder in 2023 out of it.

Surprised the Kings couldn't beat that package? Weren't interested?


What the fudge. The Kings would have surely taken on Mahinmi's contract and maybe even thrown in WCS. Porter is the perfect fit for what the Kings need.


https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/1093310766575321088

Quote:
I’m told the Kings were definitely talking to Washington about Otto Porter, but the price tag was deemed to high. No specifics on what the Wizards were asking for.


I hope those specifics come out - b/c Wiz got sweet fuck all for him. Unless they REALLY like Portis, that is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 9301
Just thinking about how Parker has turned out... the 2014 draft was terrible. Embiid and Jokic - maybe Gordon - and pretty much nothing else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Woj:

Quote:
Cleveland will send Alec Burks to the Kings, and Rockets send Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss and a protected first to Cavaliers, sources tell ESPN.


Quote:
Houston will send a lottery protected 2019 first-round pick to the Cavaliers in deal, per source.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
Bowens wrote:
Just thinking about how Parker has turned out... the 2014 draft was terrible. Embiid and Jokic - maybe Gordon - and pretty much nothing else.


Looking at it now.....Capela is good for the Rockets, but I dunno how he'd go without two of the best passers in the league feeding him easy dunks. I still think Zach Lavine can turn into a good player - not a star, but a good 2nd/3rd option.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7842
Marshall Banana wrote:
Woj:

Quote:
Cleveland will send Alec Burks to the Kings, and Rockets send Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss and a protected first to Cavaliers, sources tell ESPN.


Quote:
Houston will send a lottery protected 2019 first-round pick to the Cavaliers in deal, per source.


I don't get this at all. Burks for Shump? Why? Both are expiring contracts and Shump was at least a good locker room guy. Is Burks a better fit at SF? Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Bowens wrote:
Just thinking about how Parker has turned out... the 2014 draft was terrible. Embiid and Jokic - maybe Gordon - and pretty much nothing else.


There's a few other guys I like more than Gordon, but yes, overall a very underwhelming draft after a ton of hype.

The Thunder got Huestis, McGary, and Christon, out of it. All 3 are out of the league. Christon is all-time bad. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7842
Sounds like we are getting a 2nd out of this. OK I guess. Time for Vlade to find some decent Euro stashes in the 2nd round this year with so many 2nds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
goeagles wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Woj:

Quote:
Cleveland will send Alec Burks to the Kings, and Rockets send Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss and a protected first to Cavaliers, sources tell ESPN.


Quote:
Houston will send a lottery protected 2019 first-round pick to the Cavaliers in deal, per source.


I don't get this at all. Burks for Shump? Why? Both are expiring contracts and Shump was at least a good locker room guy. Is Burks a better fit at SF? Not really.


It's odd.

I'd prefer Shump on that Kings team. At best it's a sideways move.

Maybe Shump wanted out? No indication of that at all, so yeah, odd trade...

EDIT: OK, got a 2nd.


Last edited by Marshall Banana on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14310
Marshall Banana wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Just thinking about how Parker has turned out... the 2014 draft was terrible. Embiid and Jokic - maybe Gordon - and pretty much nothing else.


There's a few other guys I like more than Gordon, but yes, overall a very underwhelming draft after a ton of hype.

The Thunder got Huestis, McGary, and Christon, out of it. All 3 are out of the league. Christon is all-time bad. :uhoh:


What's funny is that everyone said the 2013 draft was weak (and a lot of people still do) but it had Giannis, Gobert, Oladipo, McCollom, Adams, Roberson, Schroder, Porter, Olynik, Hardaway Jr, KCP...it was a pretty solid draft class with a handful of genuine stars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Just thinking about how Parker has turned out... the 2014 draft was terrible. Embiid and Jokic - maybe Gordon - and pretty much nothing else.


There's a few other guys I like more than Gordon, but yes, overall a very underwhelming draft after a ton of hype.

The Thunder got Huestis, McGary, and Christon, out of it. All 3 are out of the league. Christon is all-time bad. :uhoh:


What's funny is that everyone said the 2013 draft was weak (and a lot of people still do) but it had Giannis, Gobert, Oladipo, McCollom, Adams, Roberson, Schroder, Porter, Olynik, Hardaway Jr, KCP...it was a pretty solid draft class with a handful of genuine stars.


It ended up being solid, yes.

2nd round is awful, tho. :lol:

The 2014 2nd round had some good finds - Jokic obviously a great one. Joe Harris + Dinwiddie at the Nets, and Grant with the Thunder, are the other 3 worth a mention.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA season 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 11793
Bucks just put 50 on the Wiz in the first quarter... :uhoh:

Demps still sticking it to Magic, per Woj:

Quote:
New Orleans GM Dell Demps has had no communication today with Lakers president Magic Johnson on LA's most recent trade offer for Anthony Davis, league sources tell ESPN. Lakers running low on hope that Pelicans will engage them before Thursday's 3 PM trade deadline.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessantj, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Botha Boy, Cossax, CrazyIslander, Diabhal, DragsterDriver, Google Adsense [Bot], Gwenno, Jensrsa, jethanger, Lenny, Madness, ManInTheBar, Mick Mannock, mr bungle, PornDog, Punter15, Raggs, saffer13, sockwithaticket, Tehui, Turbogoat, Yer Man, ZappaMan, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group