Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 102  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:33 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Tehui wrote:
It seems KD is not needed.

It's weird, while KD adds huge quality to the team, the quality he adds seems to come at some expense to the quality of the team play, everyone else suffers a little with KD there. I wonder if losing KD and gaining 2 or 3 good players who can perform off the bench and fit into the system is better for GS.

They're better off with KD in the team. They have really good bench players in the team already.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:11 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Tehui wrote:

It's weird, while KD adds huge quality to the team, the quality he adds seems to come at some expense to the quality of the team play, everyone else suffers a little with KD there. I wonder if losing KD and gaining 2 or 3 good players who can perform off the bench and fit into the system is better for GS.

They'll have no space for anyone of note. It's very similiar with Boston and Kyrie, you might like the idea of a life without them but bird rights mean keeping them has to be priority one. Klay is getting maxed and Draymond, who looks fantastic, is coming due. If KD leaves they will remain paper thin.

It is bewildering to me how many Celtics fans want rid of Kyrie, they are completely toast as a contender if he leaves.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Tehui wrote:

They'll have no space for anyone of note. It's very similiar with Boston and Kyrie, you might like the idea of a life without them but bird rights mean keeping them has to be priority one. Klay is getting maxed and Draymond, who looks fantastic, is coming due. If KD leaves they will remain paper thin.

It is bewildering to me how many Celtics fans want rid of Kyrie, they are completely toast as a contender if he leaves.

They really aren’t. It’s a team sport and it’s increasingly apparent that he’s had a toxic effect on team chemistry.

Frankly they’d be far better off with someone like Kemba (or even a Mike Conley) who might not be as talented but isn’t going to take down the locker room with him. Rozier’s recent comments suggest this wasn’t limited to off-court selfishness either.

Kyrie is very good (one of my favorites actually on account of his handles) but he is not in the Lebron-KD-Giannis-Kawhi level of impact that would *maybe* justify putting up with his bullshit. Not to mention PG is one of the most replaceable positions.

Last edited by fonzeee on Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:41 pm 

Also it was a nice moment when talking to the Bucks Brogdon on TV Charles Barkley heard him speak abut his charity in creating fresh water for Africa and asked how much it was and donated the $45,000 then and there on TV for another well to be dug for fresh water.

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1129590951356223488

Whatever you think of Sir Charles, he is all heart! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 am 

Had money on Kawhi over 31.5 points...

Prayers answered for not only one OT, but two! :lol:

Great game.

Gasol really stood up tonight.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 am 

This is the Warriors team that I used to enjoy watching a few years ago. No coat tail riders now.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:10 am 

Tehui wrote:
This is the Warriors team that I used to enjoy watching a few years ago. No coat tail riders now.

I actually forget that I came into the first GS-CLE finals rooting for them, until I just couldn’t deny Lebron’s hustle and heart carrying that team any longer (plus that of Matthew “Antipodean Iverson” Dellavedova, of course).

If Milwaukee advances, though, they’ll need to have Iguodala back to beat them IMO. Very very underrated part of this run.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:14 am 

As for those Blazers:

Ouch :lol:

Was happy to see Meyers Leonard have a great game last night, guy had to put up with a lot during his tenure.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:13 am 

https://sports.theonion.com/employee-us ... mpaign=top

God, I hope so.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 am 

2nd team. Lol

:roll:

https://twitter.com/The_BBall_Index/status/1115029043089481728

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:47 am 

Good work Raptors, genuine feel good moment.

Thankfully the broadcasters kept the Drake reaction shots to a minimum. He's such a tool.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 am 

Am pleased Raptors made the final (but I liked the Bucks this year too), ditched the coach and DeRozan, no more Lebron in East and added Kawhi and put in the hustle in playoffs so far.

Warriors going to miss KD now, but their adjustments, their core and their system still championship level so nothing will surprise me. Raptors have home court advantage, beat warriors twice in the regular season (doesn't count for much as was in the regular season, but blew them out in one game without Kawhi and will try to disrupt Warriors again but this time in finals). Am impressed with the Warriors even though not a fan of them.

Will soon see what happens. I feel better going into these finals than last year as Raptors a better team than Cavs were and no morons like JR Smith either in these finals...

Warriors my favourites to win unless Raptors can climb the mountain top and kick them off...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:07 am 

No KD? Big miss there. Raptors can take this.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:18 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:

:thumbup:

Regardless of what happens going to be a good watch

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am 

Go Raptors, you beauties!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:31 am 

jamesfreeman wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:

:thumbup:

Regardless of what happens going to be a good watch

Yeah for sure. The Raptors have enough genuine scorers to beat the Warriors but the Warriors as a defensive unit are a well oiled machine. I'd say Raptors are favourite due to head to head form. Don't know who to support. I like to see a new champion but I like Splash bros.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:37 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:

I agree, but it's not that simple. If The Warriors carry on with their superior team play without KD with Steff and Klay firing and good bench production then they should be the winners. As good as KD is, the Warriors team play without him is godly to watch.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:

I agree, but it's not that simple. If The Warriors carry on with their superior team play without KD with Steff and Klay firing and good bench production then they should be the winners. As good as KD is, the Warriors team play without him is godly to watch.

It'll revenge timefor Kawhi for that injury a couple seasons back for Spurs

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 pm 

Cool, top college recruit signs with NZ Breakers instead.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... witter.com

Worked for T Ferg who played for Adelaide, I think.

I prefer that to the Carmelo rumors from the other day.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:30 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:

And apparently if he gets drafted in the first round next year the Breakers would get enough compensation to cover their salary cap for a year :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 am 

This version of the Warriors is definitely beatable. And if Iggy is out and KD doesn't play, I'd say the Raptors are favourites.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:51 am 

fudge he's a tool

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1 ... 2936024064

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:58 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
This version of the Warriors is definitely beatable. And if Iggy is out and KD doesn't play, I'd say the Raptors are favourites.

I’ve got the Raptors depending on Durant, even with the ever-valuable Iggy healthy (though he hobbled off tonight). The matchups so long as they don’t need to worry about KD are very manageable for Toronto.

If Durant doesn’t play game 2, this could very easily be 0-2 going back to Oakland. The series might then be a toss up even with a game 3 return.

Jay Cee Gee wrote:

What an idiot. He’s got a lot to learn from that Sikh car dealer guy.

To say nothing of the wisdom of pissing off the two-time defending champs...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:02 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

And apparently if he gets drafted in the first round next year the Breakers would get enough compensation to cover their salary cap for a year :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is sweet :lol:

Some commentators here were actually “upset” with him for this decision:

Doug Gottlieb:

Quote:
RJ Hampton agreeing to sign in New Zealand a month ago and only telling colleges this week is about as classless as they come. I blame his parents, call the coaches, tell em your decision, they all would have wished him well and moved on. What a DB maneuver

:lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 am 

Let’s go Raptors
Pascal Siakam might as well retire he won’t have a better game than that

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:46 am 

Nice win for the Raptors. Hopefully they can take game 2 out and make this series interesting.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:54 am 

Tehui wrote:
Nice win for the Raptors. Hopefully they can take game 2 out and make this series interesting.

Yep.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 am 

Tehui wrote:

Already better than last year in my opinion.

The clown last year was JR Smith, but this year it Drake though...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:08 am 

Game 1 showed us what a KDless team looks like against this Raptors side. The Warriors need him back to win this. Steph likely to detonate in 2 games as usual this series but they need KD to do his thing...

Impressed with Raptors defense, early in the series. Agree with Tehui hopefully it 2 wins for Raptors with game 2 then it to Oracle and ball put into Warriors court to see what they come back with. Not a boring series at all...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:05 am 

Spoiler: show

Giannis easily, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:36 am 

KAT + Kobe mentality is intriguing.

The mental image of Embiid running around at John Wall speeds though... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:34 am 

Look I love champions. GWS 0-2 Raptors sets the stage for greatness for KD or Steph or both.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 am 

vintage_cox wrote:
Spoiler: show

Giannis easily, right?

Embiid with Wall speed would be fun to watch for the 2 minutes he stayed healthy (I'm assuming he gets the cumulative injury prone-ness of both of them).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:12 am 

fonzeee wrote:

Someone on FB noted that it'd probably make KAT worse...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:42 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
fonzeee wrote:

Someone on FB noted that it'd probably make KAT worse...

Yeah, for all the talk of Kobe mentality, he frequently lost games with his insane demanding for the winning shot, which actually unlike his idol missed more than in went in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:58 am 

Quite a mid game collapse for Raptors there. Can still win it but Warriors playing their game now...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:58 am 

Raps had a bunch of chances to get back into that game, just couldn't hit their outside shots. Last possession for GS was a killer too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:17 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Raps had a bunch of chances to get back into that game, just couldn't hit their outside shots. Last possession for GS was a killer too.

Agree, GS won it in 3rd quarter and Raptors came back a bit and made it close. This Finals looks competitive and feels competitive, last 2 didn't, even if GSW go on to win series in 5 will still be looked at as an exciting series instead of inevevitable.

Is not just the narrative of KD last 2 years but the one-dimensionality of the LeBron James system of basketball that made it a bore.

Going into Game 3 it is exciting, cause am wondering will the Raptors come out hard asymetrically and try to rattle GSW.

I picked GSW in 6 myself, not a fan of them as not my cup of tea but respect them cause they doing it. Fingers crossed Raptors can win it, definitely do not want GSW to go for a 4Peat next year though...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 am 

OK, now Golden State have nicked one away, putting Toronto at a disadvantage, will the every changing ridiculous narratives change again to suggest Golden State will win the NBA finals now?

Today's media seem more irrational than ever in the now, they literally go from GS will win easy without Durrant to Raptors are too good with Kawhi being to good for them without Durrant. All in one game, don't get me started on the Bulks-Raptors series. It seems the extra analysis everywhere, the masses of technology, the 24/7 sports news cycle has ensured sports analysts have less understanding of the game then ever before.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 am 

jamesfreeman wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

Agree, GS won it in 3rd quarter and Raptors came back a bit and made it close. This Finals looks competitive and feels competitive, last 2 didn't, even if GSW go on to win series in 5 will still be looked at as an exciting series instead of inevevitable.

Is not just the narrative of KD last 2 years but the one-dimensionality of the LeBron James system of basketball that made it a bore.

Going into Game 3 it is exciting, cause am wondering will the Raptors come out hard asymetrically and try to rattle GSW.

I picked GSW in 6 myself, not a fan of them as not my cup of tea but respect them cause they doing it. Fingers crossed Raptors can win it, definitely do not want GSW to go for a 4Peat next year though...

Yeah, I kinda hated the iso-ball domination of this past decade. It seems a lot of current great players will never make good coaches because they have never learned how to play as teams. Sure the likes of LeBron, Durrant and some others understand the concept of passing to the open man as the best play (unlike say a Kobe), but they never truely grasped team play like Curry does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 102  Next