Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:35 am 

On the subject of players deciding where to go, it's emerged that KD didn't even meet with the Nets before announcing his intentions :lol: :lol: :lol:

In minor developments, Marcus Morris has backed out of a verbal agreement with the Spurs to sign with the Knicks for extra $$$. This achieves two things - it means the Knicks are now 75% power forward and ruins any chance of Skip Bayless ever sending him a christmas card.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:29 am 

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Westbrook being traded to Houston for CP3!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 am 

That doesn't do much to ease the Thunder's luxury tax though, they might still be looking to move Adams. They've picked up even more picks & swaps.

Also, Houston knows you only get one ball, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:39 am 

Crazy! :lol:

I like it! MOAR Picks!

The Thunder can easily get under the tax with a small move, like dumping 2Pat's contract. No rush either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:00 am 

No third team to take Paul? Interesting.

Pretty good move for Houston. Intrigued to see Westbrook in a Dantoni offense.

They are serious contenders again. Also let out of jail for that dubious contract they gave Paul a few years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 am 

Honestly, assuming the reports are true, I kinda like Miami going with the young talent instead of taking on Westbrook. Apparently OKC wanted two of Winslow, Herro, and Adebayo and Miami balked.

Then again the East is kinda wide open this year, and Miami would’ve had a good supporting cast...still would’ve favored the Bucks and maybe the Sixers, possibly even the Nets without KD, but they’d have been in with a chance. Ah well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:16 am 

Wouldn’t have given up Winslow and Herro but yeah you do look at the East and what Toronto did with Kawhi for a year and wonder...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:14 am 

OKC are still a good chance to move Paul, they've got a few picks they can throw in if necessary....

In other news, what the heck is Patty Mills doing playing summer league for the Blazers?

(Gary Trent Jr, btw).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:22 am 

There’s an Aussie with some promise on the Bucks Summer League team, Jock Landale. A center who can shoot 3s...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
(Gary Trent Jr, btw).

His dad was a hell of a player in college. Ohio State really missed out not recruiting him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:59 am 

fonzeee wrote:

They are serious contenders again. Also let out of jail for that dubious contract they gave Paul a few years ago.

I'm curious to see how he and Harden co-exist. Houston's offense has largely been iso sets for Harden with spot up shooters. Paul might have been a ball-dominant PG but he did fit fine because he can shoot. I'd imagine they'll end up making their rotations have one of either RWB or Harden on the floor at all times and when both on the floor they'll be an imperfect fit but still tough to stop.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:05 am 

The Beauden Barrett to the Blues thing (which I don't particularly mind tbh) has kind of got me thinking about how weird it must be for US sports fans and player movement and how relatively stable team rosters are everywhere else.

I can't even imagine how diehard OKC fans would be feeling right now seeing their team go from solid (if underperforming) contenders to trash in the space of a week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 am 

CP3 has gone home :D

(Remember the OKC Hornets after Katrina hit NOLA)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:45 am 

goeagles wrote:
fonzeee wrote:

I'm curious to see how he and Harden co-exist. Houston's offense has largely been iso sets for Harden with spot up shooters. Paul might have been a ball-dominant PG but he did fit fine because he can shoot. I'd imagine they'll end up making their rotations have one of either RWB or Harden on the floor at all times and when both on the floor they'll be an imperfect fit but still tough to stop.

I gotta think the space will help Westbrook, since drives are about the only bucket he hits reliably nowadays, and of course he’s no stranger to iso-ball so I think he’ll feel comfortable...but I also think we’ll see a different Houston, one that will ratchet up the pace considerably; they were bottom 5 in the NBA in pace last season. In that way I think Westbrook suits what has traditionally been Dantoni’s style: fast and energetic.

Dantoni has his critics but I think he’s really good at adapting his team’s style to his personnel, rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole as many coaches do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
The Beauden Barrett to the Blues thing (which I don't particularly mind tbh) has kind of got me thinking about how weird it must be for US sports fans and player movement and how relatively stable team rosters are everywhere else.

I can't even imagine how diehard OKC fans would be feeling right now seeing their team go from solid (if underperforming) contenders to trash in the space of a week.

They will be feeling long-suffering and praying a new generation team comes through in next few years...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:44 am 

fonzeee wrote:
goeagles wrote:
fonzeee wrote:

I gotta think the space will help Westbrook, since drives are about the only bucket he hits reliably nowadays, and of course he’s no stranger to iso-ball so I think he’ll feel comfortable...but I also think we’ll see a different Houston, one that will ratchet up the pace considerably; they were bottom 5 in the NBA in pace last season. In that way I think Westbrook suits what has traditionally been Dantoni’s style: fast and energetic.

Dantoni has his critics but I think he’s really good at adapting his team’s style to his personnel, rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole as many coaches do.

Am not a fan of the Dantoni system at all, too reliant on a magic carpet ride to win a championship cause as soon as Rockets make playoffs they end up getting exposed, like dumb things as 0-27 3 point shot jacking in a game 7...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:07 am 

Sam presti is the master of drafting players.

Trust the process!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 am 

https://twitter.com/HumbleTeej/status/1149484016585674752?s=19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:18 am 

Couch wrote:
Sam presti is the master of drafting players.

Trust the process!

I mean, he was killing it for a while but he's just been drafting nothing but wings who can't shoot for the last 5 years or so.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 am 

I just found out the news about Westbrook's trade. Wow! I'm not sure what the Rockets are thinking having two ball hogs on the same team?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 pm 

Marshall Banana wrote:
MOAR Picks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 pm 

With Westbrook & PG traded, I have two questions:

1. Do OKC also want to trade Adams?

2. Can OKC trade Adams?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm 

Tehui wrote:

2. Can OKC trade Adams?

I think they probably do. He's young, but not really the sort of player you build around and by the time they build something decent, they'll have to give him a new contract or risk losing him for nothing.

His contract makes him tough to move - they were shopping him around before the draft and didn't attract a massive amount of interest apparently. Thing have changed since then obviously and the Thunder may well be willing to give him up for future assets rather than looking for pieces to help them contend now.

$25M for two seasons makes him tough to fit into a contender, but he could absolutely help a lot of teams. It'll be interesting to see how this season goes for him if he stays with the Thunder. His rebounding numbers will go through the roof as he'd adopt a more traditional role on defensive rebounding and he'll probably score a bit more at a lower % as they'd give him more touches and maybe even run plays for him in the post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:11 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Tehui wrote:

2. Can OKC trade Adams?

I think they probably do. He's young, but not really the sort of player you build around and by the time they build something decent, they'll have to give him a new contract or risk losing him for nothing.

His contract makes him tough to move - they were shopping him around before the draft and didn't attract a massive amount of interest apparently. Thing have changed since then obviously and the Thunder may well be willing to give him up for future assets rather than looking for pieces to help them contend now.

$25M for two seasons makes him tough to fit into a contender, but he could absolutely help a lot of teams. It'll be interesting to see how this season goes for him if he stays with the Thunder. His rebounding numbers will go through the roof as he'd adopt a more traditional role on defensive rebounding and he'll probably score a bit more at a lower % as they'd give him more touches and maybe even run plays for him in the post.

To put Adams' contract and the incompetence of other teams into context, the Kings gave Trevor Ariza $25 million for 2 years. I'd much rather have Adams at 25/2 than Ariza, but that should be obvious to anyone who isn't Vlade Divac.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 pm 

goeagles wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Tehui wrote:

2. Can OKC trade Adams?

To put Adams' contract and the incompetence of other teams into context, the Kings gave Trevor Ariza $25 million for 2 years. I'd much rather have Adams at 25/2 than Ariza, but that should be obvious to anyone who isn't Vlade Divac.

Adams is $25m per season, if he was on Ariza's contract he'd have been snapped up ages ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:25 pm 

All Adams needs is develop a jumper and a 3 point shot and his value stays put. But I fear Billy Donovan doesn't utilise him like that in his defensive style and why he hadn't developed his game, at least his rebound numbers will be around 10-20 mark per game

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:30 am 

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1150152261953368066

Eurostep into RH windmill off right foot. No biggie.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:17 am 

OKC wouldn't want to trade Adams. If they're looking to rebuild they'd still want some experienced especially physical players. You can't drop too far down as it'll become a spiral which would be contagious. Suddenly your decent picks develip in to mediocre players.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:27 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Tehui wrote:

2. Can OKC trade Adams?

Adams is $25m per season, if he was on Ariza's contract he'd have been snapped up ages ago.

That makes more sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:29 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
OKC wouldn't want to trade Adams. If they're looking to rebuild they'd still want some experienced especially physical players. You can't drop too far down as it'll become a spiral which would be contagious. Suddenly your decent picks develip in to mediocre players.

As long as you are a competent organization it's not a problem. The Sonics had a horrific roster and Durant and Westbrook developed just fine. It's when you suck and have a shitshow of an organization (see: Lakers) that it becomes a development problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:38 am 

What's the bored's opinion on Tacko Fall?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 pm 

He's still really raw, but he seems pretty co-ordinated for a guy that big. He's not Yao Ming, but he's better than George Muresan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:43 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
What's the bored's opinion on Tacko Fall?

Celtics fans have been really impressed from what I’ve seen. He might have a role player’s spot in the league a la Boban Marjanovic.

As Bowens says he really is exceptionally coordinated and non-bumbling for a man his size, or even one half a foot shorter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 pm 

Unsurprisingly there's not much interest around the league in trading for Chris Paul - being reported he'll at least start the year with the Thunder.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:08 am 

Boogie possibly out for the season

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/273 ... iss-season

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:11 am 

Bowens wrote:

Almost certainly. Given his history, you'd have to imagine no one would rush him back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107