Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7264
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... e-17735583
Like the Scarlets last night :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27086
Location: Chickenrunning...
My roof is leaking (lead flashing has split) and the bedroom ceiling is damp. :((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10661
Location: 曇りの街
Nantgarw, Rhondda.

Source: https://twitter.com/StormchaserUKEU/sta ... 1351605248

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27086
Location: Chickenrunning...
Watching a Welsh idiot on BBC News driving his Mondeo down the High Street with water over the bonnet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 15070
Location: ウェールズ
Sandstorm wrote:
Watching a Welsh idiot on BBC News driving his Mondeo down the High Street with water over the bonnet.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51519635

Audi driver, it’s expected, they’re very simple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27086
Location: Chickenrunning...
Plato'sCave wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Watching a Welsh idiot on BBC News driving his Mondeo down the High Street with water over the bonnet.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51519635

Audi driver, it’s expected, they’re very simple

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8685
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)
Plato'sCave wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Watching a Welsh idiot on BBC News driving his Mondeo down the High Street with water over the bonnet.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51519635

Audi driver, it’s expected, they’re very simple


So it was an Audi Mondeo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:03 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 15070
Location: ウェールズ
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13394
Location: West of Londinium
Plato'sCave :lol:

Well fuck. I got out of bed to find 6 large fence panels down. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8685
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)
Plato'sCave wrote:
Image


Caerphilly in the news :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7304
Location: Over the hills and far away...
Just heard from friends that the roads from the Forest of Dean to Gloucester are flooded, so the Forest is cut off (literally as well as culturally now)

So the Forest is annexed back into Wales :thumbup:


(and I can work from home tomorrow :) )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 1065
Location: Cymru
Carnage in Pontypridd and Taffs Well. Ponty looks like Happy Shopper Venice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15076
Just drove from Raglan to Cardiff. Fun times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 pm
Posts: 514
Location: Over by there.
Not Frankie wrote:
Carnage in Pontypridd and Taffs Well. Ponty looks like Happy Shopper Venice.


I have only ever seen the Taff running over the top of the Castle inn bridge once before and that was in 1979, a sobering sight indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 pm
Posts: 514
Location: Over by there.
Footbridge from Taff street to Pontypridd park




Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2458
Location: Middle of nowhere, just off the A420. .
I was down at Cenarth falls last year, grumpy bastards hut got washed away lol.. west walians will know the significance of this...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4863
Location: Front and centre.
Landslides in Glynneath and Mountain Ash, Aberdulais closed - police moving families at 4am...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2954
Druid wrote:
Footbridge from Taff street to Pontypridd park




Image

at the risk of asking a daft question, how high up is that bridge?

Stay safe folks :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2458
Location: Middle of nowhere, just off the A420. .
Short Man Syndrome wrote:
Landslides in Glynneath and Mountain Ash, Aberdulais closed - police moving families at 4am...


Glad I escaped back to Oxford on Thursday. .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 pm
Posts: 514
Location: Over by there.
Plastic Sarrie wrote:
Druid wrote:
Footbridge from Taff street to Pontypridd park




Image

at the risk of asking a daft question, how high up is that bridge?

Stay safe folks :thumbup:


It's normally high enough to hurt if you do a belly flop :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am
Posts: 3832
Must be hundreds of millions of pounds worth of improvements there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:08 am
Posts: 988
I was safe in my ark. A few beers and a homemade chilli con carne got one through the Great Flood of South Wales.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 903
Location: Raglan , Monmouthshire
AND-y wrote:
Just drove from Raglan to Cardiff. Fun times.


Yes it's pretty wet and windy in Raglan. I popped into the village for some shopping this morning and it was deserted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15076
paddywack wrote:
AND-y wrote:
Just drove from Raglan to Cardiff. Fun times.


Yes it's pretty wet and windy in Raglan. I popped into the village for some shopping this morning and it was deserted


:shock: I didn't think I met anyone who had been to Raglan even when I lived there. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7304
Location: Over the hills and far away...
AND-y wrote:
paddywack wrote:
AND-y wrote:
Just drove from Raglan to Cardiff. Fun times.


Yes it's pretty wet and windy in Raglan. I popped into the village for some shopping this morning and it was deserted


:shock: I didn't think I met anyone who had been to Raglan even when I lived there. :lol:


euhm, *cough*?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15076
Salanya wrote:
AND-y wrote:
paddywack wrote:
AND-y wrote:
Just drove from Raglan to Cardiff. Fun times.


Yes it's pretty wet and windy in Raglan. I popped into the village for some shopping this morning and it was deserted


:shock: I didn't think I met anyone who had been to Raglan even when I lived there. :lol:


euhm, *cough*?


Of course, sorry Sal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:03 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5344
Not Frankie wrote:
Carnage in Pontypridd and Taffs Well. Ponty looks like Happy Shopper Venice.

My son is in Edinburgh. He left his car in Raymond Terrace, Pontypridd. If I knew how to embed a Google image I would but here is the link.

He expects to be car shopping next week.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ponty ... -3.3420797


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25821
Edinburgh01 wrote:
Not Frankie wrote:
Carnage in Pontypridd and Taffs Well. Ponty looks like Happy Shopper Venice.

My son is in Edinburgh. He left his car in Raymond Terrace, Pontypridd. If I knew how to embed a Google image I would but here is the link.

He expects to be car shopping next week.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ponty ... -3.3420797


He’d have been doing that regardless of the heavy rain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 903
Location: Raglan , Monmouthshire
AND-y wrote:
Salanya wrote:
AND-y wrote:
paddywack wrote:
AND-y wrote:
Just drove from Raglan to Cardiff. Fun times.


Yes it's pretty wet and windy in Raglan. I popped into the village for some shopping this morning and it was deserted


:shock: I didn't think I met anyone who had been to Raglan even when I lived there. :lol:


euhm, *cough*?


Of course, sorry Sal


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11327
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 38201.html

:shock: :shock: :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15076
Wind is ridic right now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35680
Location: Dublin
Worst of the storm gone from Ireland. Early this morning was rough.

Storm Ciara last week was more intense for Ireland


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7304
Location: Over the hills and far away...
iarmhiman wrote:
Worst of the storm gone from Ireland. Early this morning was rough.

Storm Ciara last week was more intense for Ireland


The rain has just been solid over the last 48 hours - there was one dry hour this afternoon, but the wind and rain have picked up again.

All on saturated ground from last weekend


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35680
Location: Dublin
Salanya wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Worst of the storm gone from Ireland. Early this morning was rough.

Storm Ciara last week was more intense for Ireland


The rain has just been solid over the last 48 hours - there was one dry hour this afternoon, but the wind and rain have picked up again.

All on saturated ground from last weekend


I suppose for us it was more about the strength of the wind than the amount of rain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23232
sorCrer wrote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/heathrow-plane-video-storm-dennis-wind-sideways-landing-a9338201.html

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow

I'm sure the pilot wouldn't have landed if it was a passenger plane


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 pm
Posts: 514
Location: Over by there.
This one is well worth a look, can only pity anyone having a last pint in the on board bar.



https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51522580


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25804
sorCrer wrote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/heathrow-plane-video-storm-dennis-wind-sideways-landing-a9338201.html

:shock: :shock: :shock:


Video says it all, great skill by the pilots. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 15070
Location: ウェールズ
MrDominator wrote:
Must be hundreds of millions of pounds worth of improvements there.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7264
Salanya wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Worst of the storm gone from Ireland. Early this morning was rough.

Storm Ciara last week was more intense for Ireland


The rain has just been solid over the last 48 hours - there was one dry hour this afternoon, but the wind and rain have picked up again.

All on saturated ground from last weekend

Interesting concept, solid rain - also known as 'hail'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7264
Frodder wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Image


Caerphilly in the news :thumbup:

That's the picture I was looking for to go with the thread title.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, alliswell, bessantj, bimboman, clydecloggie, Conspicuous, crapbackrow, danthefan, Diabhal, DragsterDriver, Edinburgh01, flaggETERNAL, Google Adsense [Bot], iarmhiman, inactionman, jambanja, jezzer, JoeyFantastic, Joost, julian, New guy, Nieghorn, piquant, Plato'sCave, rialtoblue, Rinkals, sockwithaticket, Ulsters Red Hand, Womack, Zakar, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group