Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:39 pm 

What's not to like about the State that most of the 9/11 bombers came from and still has a slavery culture and treats women like shit.
Yet they are never sanctioned or taken to task about their terrorist links with seriousness. Tip of the iceberg btw natch
Now this :lol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41YzTJEB ... /giphy.gif

Quote:
Saudi Arabia launches girls' council - without any girls

Perhaps they could drive to the meetings after having sex with their boyfriends

Quote:
It was an encouraging initiative for a country not known for giving women a platform in public life.

But when Saudi Arabia wanted to show off its inaugural girls' council in al-Qassim province, they overlooked one thing: the women.

Pictures released to mark the first Qassim Girls Council meeting showed 13 men on stage, and not a single female.

The women were apparently in another room, linked via video.

The male-dominated photos have been circulating widely on social media, after the meeting took place on Saturday.

US President Donald Trump signing executive orders in the Oval Office: US President Donald Trump signing the abortion-related order in the Oval Office© AFP US President Donald Trump signing the abortion-related order in the Oval Office
It has been compared to another viral hit - an image of US President Donald Trump, surrounded by men, signing an abortion policy in January.

The Saudi launch was led by Prince Faisal bin Mishal bin Saud, the province's governor, who said he was proud of the conference and it was the first of its kind in the kingdom.

"In the Qassim region, we look at women as sisters to men, and we feel a responsibility to open up more and more opportunities that will serve the work of women and girls," he said.

The girls' council is chaired by Princess Abir bint Salman, his wife, who was not in the photograph.

In Saudi Arabia, a state policy of gender segregation between unrelated men and women is rigorously enforced.

But the country may be moving toward loosening some of its rules as part of its Vision 2030 programme.

Its goals included increasing women's participation in the workforce from 22% to 30%.

In his speech to launch the girls' council, Prince Faisal said women make up half of society, although looking at that picture, you would not know it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:51 pm 

They wont ever be brought to task while the US dollar is linked to their oil output and subsequent sale/pricing of in US dollars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 pm 

They are as bad as Assad in what they are doing in Yemen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 am 

They are far, far worse. They're the biggest plum in the ME by a country mile, and have been since the 70's.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 am 

They are also spending a lot of money on education in places like Indonesia to spread their special brand of Salafi fundamentalism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:04 am 

freewheelan wrote:
They are also spending a lot of money on education in places like Indonesia to spread their special brand of Salafi fundamentalism.

This. There's been a certain amount of push back in Malaysia these past years from those Malays who are concerned at the "Arabification" of their culture as Salafi funded Imams drown out the more traditional Malay interpretations. The Sultan of Johor being a notable critic of creeping Saudi influence (1MDB shows the extent to which the Saudis have bought PM Najiib). Compare Malaysia today to the 70s (or even 15 years ago) and whilst its not quite Iran or Afghanistan in the increased cultural conservatism it's certainly concerning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:42 am 

Didn't they make it onto Trumps Muslim ban list?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 am 

Je suis DAC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 am 

Whacl some decent sanctions on them until they join at least the last millennium.

They are the ones responsible for most of the issues in the ME today. fudge them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:37 am 

Where the 9/11 bombers came from so we attack Afghanistan and then Iraq.

That's what you get from an ex-alcoholic and a religious zealot. The real dynamic duo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 am 

Frodder wrote:

That's what you get from an ex-alcoholic and a religious zealot. The real dynamic duo

Erm...that might be a touch overly simplistic in terms of criticism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 am 

henry wrote:
Frodder wrote:

We've had this before H

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 am 

Thought Saudis were all like those cheeky chaps from The Cannonball Run?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am 

I think wherever you are on the political spectrum, everyone can agree that it's a absolute plum of a country.

The Al Saud family (most of whom are western educated and much more liberal that their ruleees), made a deal with the very powerful, nutty and extreme faction at that time. The Saud's get to rule, and they get to spread their vile interpretations of the haddiths throughout the world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 am 

Frodder wrote:
henry wrote:
Frodder wrote:

We've had this before H

We have.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:46 am 

Some potential solutions
- oil runs out and they can f**k off back to eating sand
- oil becomes marginalised = same outcome
- a revolution and cutting off heads (although what follows may be equally bad)
- they get nuked by Israel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 am 

If I were SA I'd be investing every spare buck in alternative energy. Sooner or later, all they'll have left is the sun and a bunch of sand dunes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am 

The Saudi's actually cooperate with Israel. They are against the state of Israel in name only. In reality they're not bothered about them and see the biggest enemy as Iran.

It's a real battle for regional supremacy using sectarianism. Saudi would like a Middle East of autocratic sunni governments like Egypt's dictator. Iran wants a Shia corridor all the way to the Mediterranean to that they can reach Hezbollah. Turkey wants sunni islamic voted governments in Syria and Lebanon. Qatar want something similar to what Turkey wants but their governments to be closer to Muslim Brotherhood.

It's a mess with no winner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 am 

Just remember, this evil shithole of a place is the birthplace of islam.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 am 

I've been operating in Mosul for the last few days once again, back in Erbil for a day or two which is fairly tranquil in comparison.
Staggered at the amount of Saudi remnants we keep coming across, the amount of KSA citizens who've been exporting their shit-headery is waaaaaay above even the the most fantatastical of estimates going by the anecdotal evidence anyway.

Shit is going to continue to hit the fan here for a while, hope to make a half decent post when I get out of here about what's been going in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
I've been operating in Mosul for the last few days once again, back in Erbil for a day or two which is fairly tranquil in comparison.
Staggered at the amount of Saudi remnants we keep coming across, the amount of KSA citizens who've been exporting their shit-headery is waaaaaay above even the the most fantatastical of estimates going by the anecdotal evidence anyway.

Shit is going to continue to hit the fan here for a while, hope to make a half decent post when I get out of here about what's been going in.

Do you work for a PMC?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 am 

Turbogoat wrote:

Sent from my Blackberry smartphine

Fixed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 am 

feckwanker wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

Do you work for a PMC?

Think he's a paramedic, or was certainly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:46 am 

camroc1 wrote:

Aren't the UK supplying them weapons and training their troops there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:48 am 

DAC2016 wrote:

Geography is important!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 am 

Zakar wrote:
If I were SA I'd be investing every spare buck in alternative energy. Sooner or later, all they'll have left is the sun and a bunch of sand dunes.

They're trying very, very hard to diversify. Their young king in waiting Mohammad bin Salman has been pushing hard at just that. It's gonna take a fair bit of pain, but the only way the Saud family can justify their lifestyle and keep power is through social initiatives that keeps the populace happy - and at the moment with the oil prices as they are they are getting restless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:05 pm 

paddyor wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:

Geography is important!

Reality is more important.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:24 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Je suis DAC

:lol:

Just saw that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:52 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

yep, utterly barbaric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:38 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Some potential solutions
- oil runs out and they can f**k off back to eating sand
- oil becomes marginalised = same outcome
- a revolution and cutting off heads (although what follows may be equally bad)
- they get nuked by Israel

More likely the Ruskies - haven't they already made that threat?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm 

Racist

Or at least that used to be the overwhelming response when DAC moaned about Saudi's in the past on this Bored.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 pm 

Glaston wrote:
Racist

Interesting point, they are indeed. My personal experience from working with Saudis in Sordid Arabia, is that their treatment of 'lesser arabs' , not just black ones who were obviously former slaves, but anyone not from the leading 4 or 5 traditional top tribal groups in Saudi, would shock our multi culti liberals.
ps. stay safe , Turbo.

Or at least that used to be the overwhelming response when DAC moaned about Saudi's in the past on this Bored.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 am 

I have spent the majority of 2017 in KSA, strange place alright but they are moving towards alternative energy and progress very slowly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
The Saudi's actually cooperate with Israel. They are against the state of Israel in name only. In reality they're not bothered about them and see the biggest enemy as Iran.

It's a real battle for regional supremacy using sectarianism. Saudi would like a Middle East of autocratic sunni governments like Egypt's dictator. Iran wants a Shia corridor all the way to the Mediterranean to that they can reach Hezbollah. Turkey wants sunni islamic voted governments in Syria and Lebanon. Qatar want something similar to what Turkey wants but their governments to be closer to Muslim Brotherhood.

I'm not sure it's that simple.

Ba'athism may indeed be dead, but Al-Sisi still represents something different than a Sunni autocracy. I'd suggest that Al-Sisi is relatively sane, and his support for vulnerable minorities such as the Copts is encouraging; the Saudi Shi'ite community wishes it were so lucky. And don't expect to ever see an address like this (given at one of the Islamic world's most prestigious universities, Al-Azhar) by a Saudi leader in any sort of similarly meaningful context.

And I wouldn't describe relations between those two nations as particularly healthy, as Egypt has moved to cool tensions with Iran and also has cozied up to the Ruskies recently.

The point is that there's really a deepening rift between the Gulf/the Turks, and the rest of the Muslim world. Everyone's getting tired of their shit. It could explode big time, and I hope to fudge we've found the balls to tell the nutjobs on the peninsula to fudge off by then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:27 am 

I don't know too much about Saudi Arabia.

What I do know is that women aren't allowed to drive there.

I think they do get some things right from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:31 am 

troglodiet wrote:

Premarital sex gets them the death penalty though :thumbdown:

The whole nation is effectively one giant sausage party.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:12 am 

fonzeee wrote:
troglodiet wrote:

Premarital sex gets them the death penalty though :thumbdown:

The whole nation is effectively one giant sausage party.

So we have:

Con: No one-night stands
Pro: No female drivers

Con: Giant sausage party
Con 2: In the middle of the bloody desert.
Pro: A huge number of ninjas

Admittedly, since alcohol and narcotics are also banned, that alone would've significantly decreased the number of one-night stands.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 am 

fonzeee wrote:

I'm not sure it's that simple.

Ba'athism may indeed be dead, but Al-Sisi still represents something different than a Sunni autocracy. I'd suggest that Al-Sisi is relatively sane, and his support for vulnerable minorities such as the Copts is encouraging; the Saudi Shi'ite community wishes it were so lucky. And don't expect to ever see an address like this (given at one of the Islamic world's most prestigious universities, Al-Azhar) by a Saudi leader in any sort of similarly meaningful context.

And I wouldn't describe relations between those two nations as particularly healthy, as Egypt has moved to cool tensions with Iran and also has cozied up to the Ruskies recently.

The point is that there's really a deepening rift between the Gulf/the Turks, and the rest of the Muslim world. Everyone's getting tired of their shit. It could explode big time, and I hope to f**k we've found the balls to tell the nutjobs on the peninsula to f**k off by then.

Come on, Al Sisi is hugely in the pocket of Saudi and the other Gulf Arabs. He knows which side his pita is buttered and Egypt would collapse without handouts from the deep pockets of Riyad and UAE. The Saudis are scared shitless of the likes of the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Sisi has shown he has no time for that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

Agree with you 100%
Pity the yanks don't understand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:11 pm 

Any expert views on how the situation in Turkey may unfold within the next two/three years will be highly appreciated.