Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:15 pm 

I did this when I came home.
https://youtu.be/FG5Bxm2UIIg

:blush: :blush:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 pm 

F uck me youse a nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:00 am 

I liked this series of events last night:

*nolantor as a supply shooting at sniper in the distance attacking on Soissons, doing a couple of four damage* :x

Me as scout, ambling up from behind “hey what are you shooting at ?” :|

Nols “there is a sni -“

*BOOM I one shot headshot the sucka as soon as I crested the ridge* :D

Nols “-per up on the hill. Oh did you just get him ? :shock: Jayz you can’t teach that skill!” :o

Me :smug:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:22 am 

That's exactly how I remember it too. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 am 

more bantz from last night:

Defending galacia, me = Scout, Gap toothed gypsy = Supply, Tae = Medic, defending behind first flag on A

gyppo gets headshotted, pauses, "Tae can you heal me pls"

Tae "where are you ?" (answer, about 4m away, I can see both of them and Tae walking over gyppos twitching corpse a couple of times)

gyppo time expires and has to respawn. a few mins later, same thing happens - Tae goes to heal, and I hear gyppo laughing "Tae can you heal me please, not shoot me"

cue lame ass excuses from Tae about weird button responses. a few mins later, both gyppo and I get killed by a bomber - waiting for a Revive. and wait. "hmmm, if only there was a medic on this team, or even on this squad, that would really be helpful right now. If only there was way of communicating that you need help, say via the medium of speech". Tae is now about 4km away, by where the train is, and replies "ah soz fellas, I'm about 4km away, by where the train is"

round ends, we win, gyppo in 1st place, I'm in 7th, Tae... 29th

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am 

PR's servers, must be related to Tae

Last edited by backrow on Mon May 14, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am 

or maybe even Pat Lambie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 am 

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/05/16/e ... -on-may-23

So..it's Battlefield V then. Wonder if that's V as in 5, V as in Vietnam, V as in Victory Day :-?

The livestream reveal is next Wednesday the 23rd. Can't f*cking wait.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:58 am 

Yup. The whole Fort Vaux easter egg with the water drops playing out the morse code to go to the website was fun. :thumbup:

Cannot wait for the new one.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Yup. The whole Fort Vaux easter egg with the water drops playing out the morse code to go to the website was fun. :thumbup:

While I love BF1, part of me is kind of pining for the weapon variety (and I don't just mean 3 variations of the same f*cking gun) and automatic weapons from BF4. WW2 or Vietnam would go a long way towards satisfying that.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 am 

normilet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

While I love BF1, part of me is kind of pining for the weapon variety (and I don't just mean 3 variations of the same f*cking gun) and automatic weapons from BF4. WW2 or Vietnam would go a long way towards satisfying that.

Absolutely. I love BF1 and was seriously impressed with their take on a different era, but I'd love something newer.

Part of me wants to shoot an M16, but that's been seriously milked by BC2, BF3 and BF4.
I can't see how it can't be WW2, at this point. They could go another left-field direction and do Korea or Vietnam, but I can see them releasing a solid core BF title before going back to the slightly more experimental ones.
Whatever they do, I'd like if they do single player stories again, but with stories from every side of the conflict, not just the victors.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 pm 

I don’t mind what they do as long as the accents are from the countries they portray, no more shite like -

Dick van dyke “Jerry don’t know us brits”
Hugh Laurie “tea?” *sneer*
That Pakistani Mrs doubtfire “pierrrrrce the hearrrrrt of the hunnnn”
The German as an Austrian
Cletus the slack jawed yokel ‘us boyz will knock out dem fortifications easy”
And the gay Lt Gruber from allo allo as Herr Mincer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm 

I’d prefer Vietnam I think but would be ok with WW2. Especially if they do what they’ve done with BF1 and have some of the less obvious theatres/campaigns.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:17 pm 

Unless I'm mistaken, Vietnam has only been done as a DLC for a previous BF game, never as a standalone title. BF V referring to Vietnam could work.

Could have a cool soundtrack. There'd have be so many easter eggs like going surfing on the beach or going up a river in a boat.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:27 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, Vietnam has only been done as a DLC for a previous BF game, never as a standalone title. BF V referring to Vietnam could work.

Could have a cool soundtrack. There'd have be so many easter eggs like going surfing on the beach or going up a river in a boat.

I'm fairly certain Battlefield Vietnam was the second standalone game after Battlefield 1942, came out just before BF2. And Bad Company 2 had a Vietnam expansion/DLC.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:28 pm 

The BC2 Vietnam DLC was cracking now, got a good lot of hours out of that.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am 

has anyone played those air battle maps over London ?
I am going for this weekly medal where you need 50k points on normal maps, then the French maps, then the Russian ones, then the Royal marines ones, and finally apocalypse. I've not played passchendal much but like it, so thought I'd give the air battles a go last night.

utter carnage, some real pilot ninjas there, but the game plays like some poor shoot em up circa 1996 Rebel assault on the PC. the one good thing is if you get into the behemoth as a gunner, you can get loads of kills cheaply. doubt I will play these maps once I get the medal, just not much fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 am 

backrow wrote:
I am going for this weekly medal where you need 50k points on normal maps, then the French maps, then the Russian ones, then the Royal marines ones, and finally apocalypse. I've not played passchendal much but like it, so thought I'd give the air battles a go last night.

utter carnage, some real pilot ninjas there, but the game plays like some poor shoot em up circa 1996 Rebel assault on the PC. the one good thing is if you get into the behemoth as a gunner, you can get loads of kills cheaply. doubt I will play these maps once I get the medal, just not much fun.

I tried Yeeb, I tried. Was an absolute sh*tshow. Spawn - shot down instantly. Spawn - forget how to go up, plummet to the ground. Spawn - shot down instantly. Etc. I'm just going to start from scratch with Battlefield V and make a conscious effort to learn how to fly, whether that's Jets & Helicopters or Spitfires and B-29's.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 am 

normilet wrote:
backrow wrote:

I tried Yeeb, I tried. Was an absolute sh*tshow. Spawn - shot down instantly. Spawn - forget how to go up, plummet to the ground. Spawn - shot down instantly. Etc. I'm just going to start from scratch with Battlefield V and make a conscious effort to learn how to fly, whether that's Jets & Helicopters or Spitfires and B-29's.

I think I need to make my controls sensitivity for planes higher. I'm reasonably good at the vehicles in BF games, except the small blimp airship where I die constantly. Am much better at bombing than shooting other planes though.
if it makes you feel any better, the other irish players on there are also shite at the vehicles, I'm talking sub-Tae standard !

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:05 am 

I only have about three kills from my couple of attempts at the dogfight mode. Couple of cheap kills from the behemoth and then one jammy one from an accidental mid-air collision where we both died instantly. Counted as a kill for each of us, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I only have about three kills from my couple of attempts at the dogfight mode. Couple of cheap kills from the behemoth and then one jammy one from an accidental mid-air collision where we both died instantly. Counted as a kill for each of us, though.

I got a behemoth kill by ramming it kamakazi style ! :smug:
was on attack plane, ploughed straight at the gondola firing all the way, weakend it with my cannon fire and then destroyed it and got the multi kill - their guns were pounding me and I knew I'd die so just thought 'ah bollocks, screw you gunners !'

was on ballroom blitz, we were getting drilled and nobody was doing much about the behemoth, so I decided to spawn in a plane when it had about half energy - by the time I got into range for a strafe, it was nearly dead so somebody else must have had the same idea as me. Occasionally, a behemoth will get chewed in about 45 seconds tops and I genuinely don't know how it can get so damaged so quickly, are there specific weak spots on them ?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 am 

I think when they get munched like that it's because several people focus fire on it together. A couple of pom-poms will shred an airship if they aren't cleaned out. Similarly, a bunch of people with rocket guns and someone throwing ammo pouches at them will mince a train, as we've found out.

Still amazes me that people just ignore a behemoth that is helping the opposition a lot and just carry on as normal. It needs to be dealt with as a priority if it's giving them a big advantage.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I think when they get munched like that it's because several people focus fire on it together. A couple of pom-poms will shred an airship if they aren't cleaned out. Similarly, a bunch of people with rocket guns and someone throwing ammo pouches at them will mince a train, as we've found out.

Still amazes me that people just ignore a behemoth that is helping the opposition a lot and just carry on as normal. It needs to be dealt with as a priority if it's giving them a big advantage.

Agreed. In Ops, the second a Behemoth arrives I instantly switch to taking it down as a priority. Even if you end up losing a sector, doesn't really matter, that thing needs to be taken out as quickly as possible. That's why I always equip a repair tool whenever it spawns for the AA guns.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:27 am 

normilet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Agreed. In Ops, the second a Behemoth arrives I instantly switch to taking it down as a priority. Even if you end up losing a sector, doesn't really matter, that thing needs to be taken out as quickly as possible. That's why I always equip a repair tool whenever it spawns for the AA guns.

Yep, scorched earth, especially if you have a good few sectors left on the map. Let it come to you as it's really slow, and pepper it all the way.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:29 am 

normilet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

yup, me too - but then you guys are well above average players and understand threats and risks.
My new fave thing is Galacia with the tankwefer, accurate enough to target the turrets and disable them, even though overall you don't do a huge amount of damage. actually the tank elite is prob my fave thing in the game, providing someone can give me ammo pouches - I take out anything in it, planes, vehicles, snipers - BOOOM BOOM BOOM !
doesn't appear to have any bullet drop either.

I also don't understand ship behemoths that don't get close enough to let the 2 pom pom mounts hit the land targets - ships are v tough and can soak up huge damage, so you need to get all your guns to bear asap.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 am 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

yup, me too - but then you guys are well above average players and understand threats and risks.
My new fave thing is Galacia with the tankwefer, accurate enough to target the turrets and disable them, even though overall you don't do a huge amount of damage. actually the tank elite is prob my fave thing in the game, providing someone can give me ammo pouches - I take out anything in it, planes, vehicles, snipers - BOOOM BOOM BOOM !
doesn't appear to have any bullet drop either.

I also don't understand ship behemoths that don't get close enough to let the 2 pom pom mounts hit the land targets - ships are v tough and can soak up huge damage, so you need to get all your guns to bear asap.

Yup, pretty much the only thing that can take them out are the boats with rockets or whatever they are, and they can get you regardless of how close you are to land so why not get in a bit closer. Very frustrating spawning on a ship and the driver is content to sit way back and rack up kills shelling everything while you're sitting there not able to hit anything.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 am 

the wrost behemoth is the tank - its just a grenade magnet. only option there is just to drive it over the nearest flag and soak some pain, and hope the rest of the team capture the other flags. very hard to get kills in it unless you are the driver & main gunner.

(I'm wondering if in the BF5 where there should be turreted tanks, will you have a driver & a main gunner, instead of one player hogging everything ?) - a driver should only really have a hull MG at his disposal.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 am 

Field guns do a good bit of damage to the dreadnoughts over time, but you generally get sniped pretty quickly, or the person in the ship drops artillery on your head and also destroys the cannon.
Sometimes you'll see the dreadnought pretty much beach itself on Galipoli in an attempt to contribute to one last push with tickets running out; but it's too late by then.

backrow wrote:
(I'm wondering if in the BF5 where there should be turreted tanks, will you have a driver & a main gunner, instead of one player hogging everything ?) - a driver should only really have a hull MG at his disposal.

Would be fun for the likes of us in a squad, might be shit if you're in one with a shit random driver/gunner. Agree that some drivers hog everything, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 am 

backrow wrote:
the wrost behemoth is the tank - its just a grenade magnet. only option there is just to drive it over the nearest flag and soak some pain, and hope the rest of the team capture the other flags. very hard to get kills in it unless you are the driver & main gunner.

It's not how they did it in the past but given how they've changed tanks in BF1 I could see it happening. I really hope BF5 sees the return of vehicles spawning in the battlefield.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:55 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Field guns do a good bit of damage to the dreadnoughts over time, but you generally get sniped pretty quickly, or the person in the ship drops artillery on your head and also destroys the cannon.
Sometimes you'll see the dreadnought pretty much beach itself on Galipoli in an attempt to contribute to one last push with tickets running out; but it's too late by then.

ships I think need to go about as far forward as they can, and hit the beach bow first. the big guns can cover pretty much the entire map, left pom pom can look back to flag A, and the right pom pom can look ahead to the defenders spawn points where the boats & snipers & field gun jonnies come from. also by beaching, the torpedo boats can only really come at you from one direction. (works for destroyers also, although they are piss flimsy)

on the rare occasion I do get the big guns, I mix up my aiming similar to my mortar tanks - drop one salvo on a flag, and then next salvo onto a fixed gun. 3/4 of the time, blind firing thus will get you some kills, even if no bugger has spotted anything as per usual. the fortress guns you can fix on galipoli are cheap points, you just know somebody will try to fix it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
I really hope BF5 sees the return of vehicles spawning in the battlefield.

Whaddaya mean? The vehicles are actually empty at your base and you can climb into them, rather than only appearing when you select one?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

Whaddaya mean? The vehicles are actually empty at your base and you can climb into them, rather than only appearing when you select one?

Yup, far far prefer that.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

Meant you could steal the enemy's base helicopter too. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:04 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

Meant you could steal the enemy's base helicopter too. :lol:

Exactly! Or hang about having placed a bunch of dynamite or C4 on them and then blow them all up when they start to drive away!

Really it makes things feel less restrictive and gamey to me. Far better to spot a plane on an airfield and decide to try and cause some chaos with it than to hover over the spawn option in the menu.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:07 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

Agreed. It's a small thing but I remember it bugging me when BF1 first came out. Not a huge fan of the spawning mechanic for vehicles as it stands, not just the spawning from nowhere, but the fact that it's quite difficult at times to even get into a vehicle, but in BF4 if you wanted a tank, you could get a tank pretty easily.

Also don't like the whole tanker class thing. Should switch back to engineers having a repair tool, or the tank slowly healing if you have the right unlocks, like maintenance etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:09 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

open to camp abuse though - fly in copter to enemy base, you gunner hops out and he nicks their Apache, then you have 2 helicopters ! or plant some C4
also sniper aiming at the cockpit, as soon as the bladed turn he fires, and gets another pilot kill

the whole vehicle spawn thing needs to be reworked to make a kind of 'now serving' system where if a vehicle is free you can have it, but if its in-use, you take a ticket so you automatically get the next spawn in it, or at least you know you are 4th in line. this will stop bell-ends hogging the mortar tank :D and give someone else a go at a vehicle, instead of everyone waiting until it becomes free and then its just who clicked fastest.

if you had a roster of which players were getting the vehicle next, you could help block somebody getting a stupid crappy putilov when your team in fact needs the AA truck to take out the Airship. When you select a position, you could either have it that you automatically die & respawn as soon as its avail, OR you get a notification and if you don't accept the slot in 5 seconds, it goes to the next chap in line.

there also needs to be a way to vote behomth drivers out if they are shite

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 pm 

backrow wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

open to camp abuse though - fly in copter to enemy base, you gunner hops out and he nicks their Apache, then you have 2 helicopters ! or plant some C4
also sniper aiming at the cockpit, as soon as the bladed turn he fires, and gets another pilot kill

the whole vehicle spawn thing needs to be reworked to make a kind of 'now serving' system where if a vehicle is free you can have it, but if its in-use, you take a ticket so you automatically get the next spawn in it, or at least you know you are 4th in line. this will stop bell-ends hogging the mortar tank :D and give someone else a go at a vehicle, instead of everyone waiting until it becomes free and then its just who clicked fastest.

if you had a roster of which players were getting the vehicle next, you could help block somebody getting a stupid crappy putilov when your team in fact needs the AA truck to take out the Airship. When you select a position, you could either have it that you automatically die & respawn as soon as its avail, OR you get a notification and if you don't accept the slot in 5 seconds, it goes to the next chap in line.

there also needs to be a way to vote behomth drivers out if they are shite

I really just prefer having vehicles as physical objects in the map, mechanics be damned. It's why I'll always prefer BF1943 to BF1.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm 

think I'm in the minority, as I like the bespoke tanker and pilot classes, and the elite classes - and like the way tanks are only available from the rear at your home base, kind of makes it realistic that Armour is approaching from behind your lines, and gives you a chance to position yourself a bit in safety without getting bombed or sniped .2 of a seconds after you appear.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:18 pm 

I'd imagine that behemoths will be gone, so that's one issue solved.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 pm 

backrow wrote:
think I'm in the minority, as I like the bespoke tanker and pilot classes, and the elite classes - and like the way tanks are only available from the rear at your home base, kind of makes it realistic that Armour is approaching from behind your lines, and gives you a chance to position yourself a bit in safety without getting bombed or sniped .2 of a seconds after you appear.

See BF for me prior to 1 wasn't so much about realism as open world f**king about, trying weird things on the spur of the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 52  Next