Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:25 am 

playing rush last night as going for a medal I've never got before.
that mode is shite - just becomes a gas, smoke and fire grenade fest, and with smaller teams just totally dependant on one player being good with a mortar or tank to just get the bomb planted.
I have 4 more 'plant the bombs' to get, and its drilling my k/d

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:28 am 

backrow wrote:
that mode is shite - just becomes a gas, smoke and fire grenade fest, and with smaller teams just totally dependant on one player being good with a mortar or tank to just get the bomb planted.

:uhoh:

This ain't COD - K/D ratio shouldn't come into it. Just play the objectives people!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:32 am 

feckwanker wrote:
backrow wrote:

:uhoh:

This ain't COD - K/D ratio shouldn't come into it. Just play the objectives people!

I do, its just it becomes a 'everyone lobs grenades in' spamfest. I favour 4 smoke rifle grenades then 2 smoke normal grenades, and hoping I get blind lucky, have managed a couple of bomb plants and more diffuses that way. just isn't very much fun as ops.

the k/d comment was just to illustrate I've been dying a lot, in smoke or gas, from somebody who nblind fired a grenade in.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am 

Incendiaries work well on rush if you can get them directly on the objective, either attacking or defending. With gas grenades enemies just put on their mask, but there's no counter to the incendiary grenades bar not standing on them. When attacking, use the rifle smokes to obscure everything and get to the objective and arm it, then drop an incendiary there as you run away (presuming you're under pressure). Baddies will just blindly run at it trying to defuse and either kill themselves or run away when they catch fire.
On defence just flame the thing if you think they're getting close to it. Tripwires work too, but they're usually cleaned out by the grenades.

It is such a grenade spamfest, though. Was my favourite mode in BF4, this smaller version is a bit shit. The fun is in operations now.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:24 am 

I know its a pointless exercise, but I'm really going to push getting to rank 140 before the next BF comes out. I don't even know why ha, every time I get killed by a 140 player I instantly think "that loser probably has no life" etc.

It's fairly doable with squad XP boosts and we seem to also have 2xp every weekend from what I can see, really speeds things up.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:45 am 

normilet wrote:
I know its a pointless exercise, but I'm really going to push getting to rank 140 before the next BF comes out. I don't even know why ha, every time I get killed by a 140 player I instantly think "that loser probably has no life" etc.

I'm 129 at the moment and no way do I think I'll hit 140 by the time the new BF comes out.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 am 

feckwanker wrote:
normilet wrote:

I'm 129 at the moment and no way do I think I'll hit 140 by the time the new BF comes out.

I dunno, 4/5 months til it's released probably, say you get a few hours in every weekend, both Saturday and Sunday to take advantage of the Double XP...i think it's doable. I just hit 130 so we're fairly similar in terms of where we are.

Edit: just checked the progression points needed for each level, its not exponential, so 500,000 per rank all the way to 140 which makes things pretty straightforward. Have been going up about 1 rank every week and a half lately.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:08 pm 

normilet wrote:

It's fairly doable with squad XP boosts and we seem to also have 2xp every weekend from what I can see, really speeds things up.

lolz

yeah, because if you've ONLY got to rank 119 and 700 hours of your life, that makes you soooo much cooler than a 140 / 1000 hour jobbie !

face it - we all nerd big time on this

I am rank 126 and 825 hours of pure SEX :smug:

normilet is 130 in only 462 hours, so he is 4 ranks cooler and 363 hours less saddo than me :lol:
nolanotr is 102 & 365 hours
tae is 84 and 244 hours
feckW is 124 & 590 hours

I seem to rank up slowly then, my intial slow recon days & I always sell my XP accerlerators plus I've spent a lot of time on shit like pigeons and the feckin 15 kills on the shotgun in one round thing that I found hard, all in my quest to unlocking as much as possible

Last edited by backrow on Wed May 02, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm 

normilet wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
normilet wrote:

I dunno, 4/5 months til it's released probably, say you get a few hours in every weekend, both Saturday and Sunday to take advantage of the Double XP...i think it's doable. I just hit 130 so we're fairly similar in terms of where we are.

Edit: just checked the progression points needed for each level, its not exponential, so 500,000 per rank all the way to 140 which makes things pretty straightforward. Have been going up about 1 rank every week and a half lately.

I'm now in a long distance relationship, so I'll be ranking up like a mofo from this evening. :thumbup:

:(

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:11 pm 

It's not the guys who are rank 140 that make me :roll: , but the guys who have 50-100 service stars with one weapon.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:15 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
It's not the guys who are rank 140 that make me :roll: , but the guys who have 50-100 service stars with one weapon.

yeah
I sucked at a lot of weapons like shotguns and autospaztico, but sticking with it to get a certain unlock does kind of force you to get better at it - by the end I could turn a corner, use a autospaztico clip in one go, and get a quadruple kill all in about 0.6 seconds - got more :smug: from that than yet another 30 killstreak in a mortar tank or yet another behemoth PTFO kill

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:18 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
normilet wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
normilet wrote:

I'm now in a long distance relationship, so I'll be wanking up like a mofo from this evening. :thumbup:

:(

Nolanator on 1st July

Spoiler: show

backrow wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

yeah
I sucked at a lot of weapons like shotguns and autospaztico, but sticking with it to get a certain unlock does kind of force you to get better at it - by the end I could turn a corner, use a autospaztico clip in one go, and get a quadruple kill all in about 0.6 seconds - got more :smug: from that than yet another 30 killstreak in a mortar tank or yet another behemoth PTFO kill

Definitely. I do like that there are incentives to use the full range of weapons. One I really noticed was the slug shotgun one. Needed 50 kills for an unlock. I hate slug guns, I find that they don't match any other gun for play style; but once I'd used it for a bit I started getting a feel for the pacing and firing etc.
Never used it since, TBF, but I wouldn't have used it all but for the unlock requirements.

:lol:

kunt

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:22 pm 

massive

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

lolz

yeah, because if you've ONLY got to rank 119 and 700 hours of your life, that makes you soooo much cooler than a 140 / 1000 hour jobbie !

normilet is 130 in only 462 hours, so he is 4 ranks cooler and 363 hours less saddo than me :lol:
tae is 84 and 244 hours
feckW is 124 & 590 hours

I seem to rank up slowly then, my intial slow recon days & I always sell my XP accerlerators plus I've spent a lot of time on shit like pigeons and the feckin 15 kills on the shotgun in one round thing that I found hard, all in my quest to unlocking as much as possible

I've played 590 hours..................... :uhoh:

FML.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

lolz

tae is 84 and 244 hours
feckW is 124 & 590 hours

I've played 590 hours..................... :uhoh:

FML.

That's basically 25 full days... :uhoh:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:47 pm 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

lolz

tae is 84 and 244 hours
feckW is 124 & 590 hours

Need tae to get into a double digit ranking if we want to have a respectable squad ha.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 pm 

triple you mean ?

or double digit meaning he can get >10 kills in an entire Operations ?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:27 pm 

backrow wrote:
triple you mean ?

Triple yes :lol:

What kind of scores is Tae getting these days? Haven't played with him in quite some time.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:38 pm 

normilet wrote:
backrow wrote:
triple you mean ?

Triple yes :lol:

What kind of scores is Tae getting these days? Haven't played with him in quite some time.

he's had a couple of top ten finishes before as a mechanic, fixing up my tank as I claim a podium finish.
in normal play, he sometimes gets into top half despite ping of 200

no idea re scores or k/d but its noticibly far less shit than before. he does generally PTFO well instead of camper sniper useless getting 15-2 when the top players are around 80-60

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 pm 

That's it for me gents, sorry I didn't join the start of that ops. Was quite close there at the end on Sinai.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:10 pm 

We got absolutely stomped on the first couple of maps, so you didn't miss much!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:31 am 

Yesterday proved my point about how to get to rank 140 I think. Random double XP event, you threw a squad XP boost on, and I had some earlier in the day. Went up most of an entire rank in a few hours. So pretty sure I'll hit 131 this evening. Hopefully 132 by this day next week.

Is Monday a bank holiday in Engerland?

Last edited by normilet on Fri May 04, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:03 am 

'Tis indeed. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am 

Excellent, and it was good getting best squad there at the end too I must say. Forgive the ignorance, but who was the other PR player? Saw you and Yeeb and a randomer, couldn't figure out who the other person was.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:11 am 

normilet wrote:
Excellent, and it was good getting best squad there at the end too I must say. Forgive the ignorance, but who was the other PR player? Saw you and Yeeb and a randomer, couldn't figure out who the other person was.

We got best squad in the next round where we got completely pumped, too.

Foolishfire is a former poster, apparently. Gap toothed gypsy. Think I remember his name from years back, don't think he's posted in ages.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:55 am 

Nolanator wrote:
normilet wrote:

We got best squad in the next round where we got completely pumped, too.

Foolishfire is a former poster, apparently. Gap toothed gypsy. Think I remember his name from years back, don't think he's posted in ages.

yeah, gyppo was a former poster, perma banned for racism, although he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory as he thought a lot of people on here were, and I quote, 'lefty twats or people up their own arse'

he's quite a handy Bf1 player, and wasn't a bad player too on the pitch (he was a fellow Eton Manor 2's & 3's player with me, quite fast for a slightly tubby Essex thug)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:58 am 

Sorry (not sorry) for stealing your last bomb arming Yeeb. I'd have let you have it if I'd have known.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 am 

normilet wrote:

haha I gave you a cheeky wee Tbag as you were hiding by the train on Sinai - you were doing v well seeing as you joined late. how come you didn't join our party with all the cool kids ?

It was slightly laggy for me (as has been pretty much every game last 2 weeks, think my internet connection is shite) plus was going for assault grenade & TNT kills, horrible map for that. was quite pleased I got top five in fact, as counts toward a dogtag unlock.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am 

feckwanker wrote:
Sorry (not sorry) for stealing your last bomb arming Yeeb. I'd have let you have it if I'd have known.

yeah, if only there was some way we could communicate with each other during a game, say via the medium of Chat. hint fockin hint

got it the next level, Gyppo kindly ran straight at me & didn't kill me, think ye killed me once with an LMG. I needed bomb plant unlocks, not bomb diffuse, so had to go on the attack to start with - flipped sides once I had got it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:05 am 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

haha I gave you a cheeky wee Tbag as you were hiding by the train on Sinai - you were doing v well seeing as you joined late. how come you didn't join our party with all the cool kids ?

It was slightly laggy for me (as has been pretty much every game last 2 weeks, think my internet connection is shite) plus was going for assault grenade & TNT kills, horrible map for that. was quite pleased I got top five in fact, as counts toward a dogtag unlock.

When you were on the opposing team last night, I tried to kill you numerous times only for you to start teleporting here and there with the lag. Very annoying.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:07 am 

feckwanker wrote:
backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

When you were on the opposing team last night, I tried to kill you numerous times only for you to start teleporting here and there with the lag. Very annoying.

teleporting, I me just being good & elusive ? :D

think you only got me when I was planting a bomb and therefore stationary

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:54 pm 

Huzzah - turns out my Internet is a few generations old so virgin media got bollockd and sending us a new one. Hopefully I can kiss goodbye to my Tae like pings

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:13 pm 

Bought this for Xbox just now as it was on special.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Bought this for Xbox just now as it was on special.

Good stuff fella ! Enjoy !

Only tip I have is start as assault , play operations, and try to follow somebody good or high ranked to see what they do. Game has fairly steep learning curve and as it’s been out a while, some real ninjas out there, even amongst the spazzos who play on Xbox

Leave scout and vehicles alone at first until you have a feel for the game and know the maps

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:26 pm 

I’m only only going to play the campaign, I don’t like people.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:29 pm 

Sefton wrote:
I’m only only going to play the campaign, I don’t like people.

Campaign is shite and you can do it in a night or two

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:13 pm 

Was texting the missus and then she gave me a call during those games. Hence all the time AFK at the back of the map.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 pm 

Also, anyone unlocked the new Tommy gun yet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 52  Next