Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1828 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
I'd imagine that behemoths will be gone, so that's one issue solved.

yup, can't see how that would work - maybe instead you get a 'hero' type help, Like a Hans Rudel in a stuka to auto bomb some tanks, or a B29 dropping its load over a designated spot (all of which would make it like COD then)

its a shame as I like the behemoths concept and 99% of execution

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:23 pm 

backrow wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

yup, can't see how that would work - maybe instead you get a 'hero' type help, Like a Hans Rudel in a stuka to auto bomb some tanks, or a B29 dropping its load over a designated spot (all of which would make it like COD then)

its a shame as I like the behemoths concept and 99% of execution

Well 1943 had a physical bunker on the maps where at a regular period you could go and control a slow flying but very powerful set of bombers which cross the map.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

You never know, the Char-2C saw some action in WW2. Could have the B-29 in as a sort of AC130 type role, or one of those massive artillery train things...and there'd be nothing stopping them putting in a huge ship like the dreadnoughts that are currently in BF1. Personally I'd love to see the end of Behemoths, Elite Classes and Tanker/Pilot classes.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
backrow wrote:
think I'm in the minority, as I like the bespoke tanker and pilot classes, and the elite classes - and like the way tanks are only available from the rear at your home base, kind of makes it realistic that Armour is approaching from behind your lines, and gives you a chance to position yourself a bit in safety without getting bombed or sniped .2 of a seconds after you appear.

See BF for me prior to 1 wasn't so much about realism as open world f**king about, trying weird things on the spur of the moment.

don't get me wrong, we've tried loads of weird shite on there !
me mortaring everything and getting more kills than rest of team put together
Normilet nicking their knackered tank on Monte grappa, then me spawing as Repair support and fixing it, and then utterly drilling the attackers
me trying (not exactly successfully tbh) to fly a laden bomber under the stone arch on Sinai
Tae trying to get through a door
me using a Putilov garford as a ballistic ramming missle when attacking Gallipoli (quite successfully)
using a plane as a taxi to get behind a tank for a cheeky limpet kill before you die for desertion
ramming the illya morometz plane downwards so that is crashes into the ground
drilling a train with 2-3 rocket guys & one ammo pouch spamming teammate

etc

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:30 pm 

normilet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

You never know, the Char-2C saw some action in WW2. Could have the B-29 in as a sort of AC130 type role, or one of those massive artillery train things...and there'd be nothing stopping them putting in a huge ship like the dreadnoughts that are currently in BF1. Personally I'd love to see the end of Behemoths, Elite Classes and Tanker/Pilot classes.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:42 pm 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

I'm with Norm. I hate the behemoths and the elites. Really miss the engineer class.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm 

WW2 confirmed. Dice released a teaser trailer a few minutes ago, only a few seconds long, HUD clearly showing a Union Jack and an Iron Cross as the two teams flags..

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 pm 

Awesome. Was hoping for WW2.

Just checked out the teaser. Reminds me of the scene in Saving Private Ryan where the German guy shushes the American while he slowly stabs him in the hand to hand fight at the end, while Opum hides outside with the bullets.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:51 am 

Jerry don’t know us stabs in the gut

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:58 am 

Dear god there were some shite teams on there last night, two ops were either very quick win and a very quick loss - just no fun.

Some nob head hogged the ship on fortress , wouldn’t go near to let the guns into play , wasted two rounds and two behemoth ships - then I saw he had switched teams with 120-20 kd !

Rage quit then even as there were only 50 tix left on final battalion , hate cheats and stats nursers

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:02 pm 

Att Nolanator, let me know if ye are on tonight or tomorrow say 9pm ish, have some info for you that may be of mild interest to you & your mrs

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm 

backrow wrote:
Att Nolanator, let me know if ye are on tonight or tomorrow say 9pm ish, have some info for you that may be of mild interest to you & your mrs

For whatever reason I'm getting a globby vibe off that post ha.

Livestream BF V reveal tonight, hope they don't spend ages talking crap and just get to the game fairly sharpish.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:14 pm 

normilet wrote:
backrow wrote:

For whatever reason I'm getting a globby vibe off that post ha.

Livestream BF V reveal tonight, hope they don't spend ages talking crap and just get to the game fairly sharpish.

Yeah it’s vaguely ‘come and see my patio’ but isn’t really, honest guv.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:31 pm 

backrow wrote:

In Prague today until next Monday getting her set up.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:30 pm 

Well, this looks and sounds class.

Can't wait.

The clip of gameplay in the trailer is presumably a war story. Looks quite mental, but the overblown nature of the stories in BF1 was half the fun.
New Grand Operations with varying objectives depending on how the game is going sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Well, this looks and sounds class.

Can't wait.

The clip of gameplay in the trailer is presumably a war story. Looks quite mental, but the overblown nature of the stories in BF1 was half the fun.
New Grand Operations with varying objectives depending on how the game is going sounds interesting.

https://youtu.be/a7ZpQadiyqs

Link for the reveal trailer and some gameplay for those interested

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:08 pm 

“Ello old boy !” Says the chick with robot arm.

*stabs himself in ears*

I only saw a two min thing on the stairs with tanks and v1 crashing - looks pretty but confusing.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm 

Looks gleaming. Got bored with BF1 fairly quickly and refuse to pay for DLCs (with pretty much any game) but loved BF4. Got high hopes already.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:14 am 

While lots of the new features look great (particularly the destruction), I have a horrible feeling that they'll force SJW shite into the game again (lots of female soldiers) which could ruin the immersion for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:04 am 

As long as it's in context, SOE or Maquis sort of thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am 

No nazi insignia. Historical immersion ruined, 2/10 would not buy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am 

The female characters is probably a soldier customisation thing. I'd imagine that all microtransactions are for cosmetic items like the prosthetic claw hand in the trailer.
Looked a bit mad, but fuggit, don't play as a chick if you don't want.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:10 am 

Maybe they will be a munitions factory where the purists can play (with their female characters) ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 am 

Some interesting new gameplay elements. Bullet calibre will effect how much you can penetrate walls, so there will probably be heaps of destruction.
Seems to be a "toolbox" that can be used to fortify positions and build cover, dig foxholes etc. Sounds interesting. Hopefully it isn't like Fortnight or something.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 am 

The female soldier thing never bothered me. We have it in BF1 with the Russian Snipers, can barely notice it, they all die the same way regardless ha. And it's a first person shooter, not like you can physically see your character anyway, and if you have enough time in the game to notice whether a character model is female or not then you're playing to slowly and are going to die instantly so I don't see it as a big deal.

More interesting to me was no more premium pass, so a phased release of new maps/campaigns over the years, starting with the fall of Europe. That's fantastic, no splitting the player base. They kept emphasizing that new weapons, levels etc can be won by "playing the game", so I guess they've learned their lessons from SWBFII.

That trailer showed a lot without explaining much. Jackfrags did a breakdown and picked up on a lot of stuff I missed, some of which sounds pretty good:

3D spotting no longer easy and spammable;
Can drag bodies into cover;
Can throw back grenades and catch them in the air;
Can tow vehicles to key locations and then fortify them;
No more auto health regen :uhoh: ;
Spawning in with limited ammo (if you want health or ammo you have to get it from a bag);
Medic revives are long animations;
Fortifications to build frontlines, manually build and place heavy machine guns or AA's;
Can dig foxholes and set up fixed gun emplacements;
Bullets of high enough calibre can now penetrate walls;
Damaged or destroyed buildings can be repaired and fortified;
No random bullet drop;
Grand Operations;
Vehicle/character/weapon customization;
No lootboxes;
Micro-transactions for cosmetic items only;

Amongst others...some of the above are good, some not so much, and some might not be in the actual gameplay but I suspect most will.

Edit: The real litmus test will be when they show live gameplay in a couple of weeks at EA play.

Thought the English accents were absolutely perfect, thanks Dice :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am 

Seems to be a load of info left out of the reveal in favour of a mental trailer. Strange decision to go that way.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 am 

I think the new focus on team play sound really good.

Starting with lower ammo so you have to resupply more and no full auto health regen.

Things like fortifications sound really interesting and towing the stationary guns around

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Seems to be a load of info left out of the reveal in favour of a mental trailer. Strange decision to go that way.

Ach I'm surprised we even got this amount of info for an initial Pre E3 reveal.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:41 am 

Nolanator wrote:

It was a strange decision to release the trailer this close to e3 to begin with

Edit: unseenwork already posted this

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:45 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

A lot of these games companies these days are trying to circumvent E3 and release things on their own terms so we have been seeing a lot of pre E3 reveals in the last few years, as well as hosting their own events. I suspect for E3 they'll have some big tentpole feature (probably their own Battle Royale mode) to announce either at their own conference or at Microsoft or Sony's, with a good whack of multiplayer footage.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:11 am 

unseenwork wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

A lot of these games companies these days are trying to circumvent E3 and release things on their own terms so we have been seeing a lot of pre E3 reveals in the last few years, as well as hosting their own events. I suspect for E3 they'll have some big tentpole feature (probably their own Battle Royale mode) to announce either at their own conference or at Microsoft or Sony's, with a good whack of multiplayer footage.

Most do seem to have their own events but it’s usually the same couple of days as the main E3 conference when those in industry are going to be there

Last year Nintendo had their own event at some point during E3 and I think this year Microsoft are holding something in their own building, which is fairly close by. I may be wrong about those (or have missed some details) but it’s probably cheaper for companies not to work under the E3 banner and just have their own event etc, while piggybacking on all the hype around the proper conference

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:19 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Most do seem to have their own events but it’s usually the same couple of days as the main E3 conference when those in industry are going to be there

Last year Nintendo had their own event at some point during E3 and I think this year Microsoft are holding something in their own building, which is fairly close by. I may be wrong about those (or have missed some details) but it’s probably cheaper for companies not to work under the E3 banner and just have their own event etc, while piggybacking on all the hype around the proper conference

Aye it would be, plus there's the added advantage of them forming a more direct connection with the consumer without having to go through media outlets and risking that they might diverge from the line that the corporation wants to sell them.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 pm 

Already getting slated on reddit. Official reveal trailer 174k likes, 143k dislikes. And there's a plethora of memes:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:46 pm 

People love to whinge. Sad sacks.

Funny tweet thread about realism in battlefield.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:22 pm 

normilet wrote:
The female soldier thing never bothered me. We have it in BF1 with the Russian Snipers, can barely notice it, they all die the same way regardless ha. And it's a first person shooter, not like you can physically see your character anyway, and if you have enough time in the game to notice whether a character model is female or not then you're playing to slowly and are going to die instantly so I don't see it as a big deal.

More interesting to me was no more premium pass, so a phased release of new maps/campaigns over the years, starting with the fall of Europe. That's fantastic, no splitting the player base. They kept emphasizing that new weapons, levels etc can be won by "playing the game", so I guess they've learned their lessons from SWBFII.

That trailer showed a lot without explaining much. Jackfrags did a breakdown and picked up on a lot of stuff I missed, some of which sounds pretty good:

3D spotting no longer easy and spammable;
Can drag bodies into cover;
Can throw back grenades and catch them in the air;
Can tow vehicles to key locations and then fortify them;
No more auto health regen :uhoh: ;
Spawning in with limited ammo (if you want health or ammo you have to get it from a bag);
Medic revives are long animations;
Fortifications to build frontlines, manually build and place heavy machine guns or AA's;
Can dig foxholes and set up fixed gun emplacements;
Bullets of high enough calibre can now penetrate walls;
Damaged or destroyed buildings can be repaired and fortified;
No random bullet drop;
Grand Operations;
Vehicle/character/weapon customization;
No lootboxes;
Micro-transactions for cosmetic items only;

Amongst others...some of the above are good, some not so much, and some might not be in the actual gameplay but I suspect most will.

Edit: The real litmus test will be when they show live gameplay in a couple of weeks at EA play.

Thought the English accents were absolutely perfect, thanks Dice :thumbup:

That's fair enough. Used to be great fun just running around with the syringe out healing fu ckers, even better when you had a squad full of medics!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:18 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

People love to whinge. Sad sacks.

Funny tweet thread about realism in battlefield.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm 

Chaps, can you link to the preview pls - I just saw a 2 min thing with a woman with bad accent and worse robot arm, where do I find out about all the modes and stuff ?

Jerry don’t know my poor attention span !

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:03 pm 

https://youtu.be/xegBXGaFrOU

Jackfrags breaks down what the trailer shows. DICE didn't really explain anything, but a lot of YouTuber community types were given extra info just before the reveal.
The full reveal with more gameplay footag will be at the E3 expo in June.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:05 pm 

Won my first Operations there, not bad really, though still quite the time sink.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1828 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next