Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 56  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:07 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Nolanator wrote:
Slowly getting close to 300 kills with the Selbstlader. Have unlocked the first new medic gun with the weird sights, will unlock the second stage once I've finished this task.
The frame rate jutter makes it nigh on impossible to put together multiple kills with medic rifles for me. Just instantly die to someone who appeared between frames.

I'll have to actually make an effort to unlock the second sniper rifle. I rarely go for headshots, usually M-H from close up does the trick. I'll have to actually snipe properly again.


Yeeb, your tank tutorial from the other day actually came in very handy yesterday. Didn't panic and bail as soon as I started taking fire. :lol:


yeah, tanks are pretty tough, unless you are facing the Char or behemoth or are getting swamped up close by loads of infantry with grenades (which shouldn't happen if you play intelligently) you can ride out a few shots, certainly enough to get a shot or mortar away to take out your assailant.

always worth disabling the field guns too, they are so rarely fixed by players its unreal - same with pom poms (I usually take these out first)

and if you do get hurt, just smoke reverse & turn a bit and draw an S shape until its safe to fix yourself, don't fire your gun as it will give away your position on the map (I hate it when random gunners blaze away and give away your position, they need to STFU until we back to 100%)


oh, and don't drive into a ditch and get stick like an utter cnut :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
oh and the stats appear buggered, I have at least 2 MVP's that have not appeared, one on the air battle one where I stayed as blimp gunner and got cheap kills, the other last night where I carved up on Fortress in the AA truck and mocked Tae for being shite with his 300 ping (he came 23rd iirc and says "ah at least I'm not 30th !!!" :lol:


Most decent squad mates would congratulate me on my efforts to not come last while battling a 300 ping. It was pissing me the feck off. :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:38 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
oh and the stats appear buggered, I have at least 2 MVP's that have not appeared, one on the air battle one where I stayed as blimp gunner and got cheap kills, the other last night where I carved up on Fortress in the AA truck and mocked Tae for being shite with his 300 ping (he came 23rd iirc and says "ah at least I'm not 30th !!!" :lol:


Most decent squad mates would congratulate me on my efforts to not come last while battling a 300 ping. It was pissing me the feck off. :frown:


I did congratulate you for playing as the plucky Brits on Gallipoli even though Gap toother Gypsy & I were defending as Turks, and I especially congratulated you when I shot you in the head (twice). I even did a little dance onscreen in your honour.
Ping or no ping, standing still by the Field Gun for about ten seconds, was well worthy of me congratulating you :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
oh and the stats appear buggered, I have at least 2 MVP's that have not appeared, one on the air battle one where I stayed as blimp gunner and got cheap kills, the other last night where I carved up on Fortress in the AA truck and mocked Tae for being shite with his 300 ping (he came 23rd iirc and says "ah at least I'm not 30th !!!" :lol:


Most decent squad mates would congratulate me on my efforts to not come last while battling a 300 ping. It was pissing me the feck off. :frown:


I did congratulate you for playing as the plucky Brits on Gallipoli even though Gap toother Gypsy & I were defending as Turks, and I especially congratulated you when I shot you in the head (twice). I even did a little dance onscreen in your honour.
Ping or no ping, standing still by the Field Gun for about ten seconds, was well worthy of me congratulating you :nod:


Rubbish, you only shot me once - and I was trying to get cover behind the field gun instead of stand next to it.

I luckily didn't see your 'Taebag'. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
nopes I got you once by the gun and again a few mins later nearer to the larger coastal gun (plus maybe also once in a bombing run in the attack plane as I heard you swear at the plane just after I got a bunch of kills).

lolz at the Taebag :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
maxbox wrote:
:lol: Would love to join you cool cats for a sess. Last game I played with a fellow PR member was GTA online with Thomas ( fucker has played with me since :x )


Maxbox, what is your psn handle? Come and play with us. I'm a bit rubbish sometimes and Yeeb is a bit lippy but we have a good time. We even can get some good teamwork going.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
nopes I got you once by the gun and again a few mins later nearer to the larger coastal gun (plus maybe also once in a bombing run in the attack plane as I heard you swear at the plane just after I got a bunch of kills).

lolz at the Taebag :lol:


Well you only came up once as my killer on the screen (I was checking). Maybe some other gimp got credit for the kill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Tae was here wrote:
maxbox wrote:
:lol: Would love to join you cool cats for a sess. Last game I played with a fellow PR member was GTA online with Thomas ( fucker has played with me since :x )


Maxbox, what is your psn handle? Come and play with us. I'm a bit rubbish sometimes and Yeeb is a bit lippy but we have a good time. We even can get some good teamwork going.


tae you are fine, its just your bad luck we all relatively ninja and get into top ten most games we play properly & don't chase some weird unlock that gets us killed a lot. I've been on maps with FeckW, Norm on the martinin henry, and Nolantor on shotgun where I've just been like :shock: at how they drill the opposition, bit like me when I go rapetime on the Mortar or AA truck.
Its only funny mocking you because of your awesome quotes like:
"Hey I got one !"
"how do you get through this door ?"
"arrgh what killed me ?"
"hey I'm up to 23rd !"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
nopes I got you once by the gun and again a few mins later nearer to the larger coastal gun (plus maybe also once in a bombing run in the attack plane as I heard you swear at the plane just after I got a bunch of kills).

lolz at the Taebag :lol:


Well you only came up once as my killer on the screen (I was checking). Maybe some other gimp got credit for the kill.


maybe was before the field gun headshot then - more PTFO and less clocking the kill feed, Rambo !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33244
Location: Pigdogistan
I haven't played with a shotgun in ages. Too busy chasing stupid unlocks.
Must have a go at Ballroom/Argonne and properly chew people up again.

I am enjoying going support with limpet+crossbow on tank-heavy maps and not planning on living long enough to need ammo. Just dish out as much vehicle damage as I can. It's taking fecking ages for those two achievements. Managed a few multikills on tanks with the limpet where I got three or four kills, but each time it was really low on health, so I didn't actually get that much vehicle damage in the end.

I'll hit shitbucket colonel 100 pretty soon. I'll never hit max rank. I only got to like 115 on BF4, despite playing for three years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
nopes I got you once by the gun and again a few mins later nearer to the larger coastal gun (plus maybe also once in a bombing run in the attack plane as I heard you swear at the plane just after I got a bunch of kills).

lolz at the Taebag :lol:


Well you only came up once as my killer on the screen (I was checking). Maybe some other gimp got credit for the kill.


maybe was before the field gun headshot then - more PTFO and less clocking the kill feed, Rambo !


I was PTFO - just not very well. Didn't understand the rest of your yabber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:04 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Nolanator wrote:
I haven't played with a shotgun in ages. Too busy chasing stupid unlocks.
Must have a go at Ballroom/Argonne and properly chew people up again.

I am enjoying going support with limpet+crossbow on tank-heavy maps and not planning on living long enough to need ammo. Just dish out as much vehicle damage as I can. It's taking fecking ages for those two achievements. Managed a few multikills on tanks with the limpet where I got three or four kills, but each time it was really low on health, so I didn't actually get that much vehicle damage in the end.


mate I found this easiest way to get some surefire limpet damage in (albeit certain death)
hitch a ride in the plane as a gunner (preferably attack plane as its fast) and bail out just over & behind a tank - you swoop down from behind on the tank, lay the limpet, and BOOM !

when you are next on, on a suitable map without too much Pom pom or fighters, I will play taxi for you and try to fly in behind it rather than worry about accurately aiming my bombs (which requires shallow dive bombing technique)
Sinai is a good map for this, but so is st Quentin, ballroom, even galacia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
nopes I got you once by the gun and again a few mins later nearer to the larger coastal gun (plus maybe also once in a bombing run in the attack plane as I heard you swear at the plane just after I got a bunch of kills).

lolz at the Taebag :lol:


Well you only came up once as my killer on the screen (I was checking). Maybe some other gimp got credit for the kill.


maybe was before the field gun headshot then - more PTFO and less clocking the kill feed, Rambo !


I was PTFO - just not very well. Didn't understand the rest of your yabber.


*sigh*

it means more running and shooting, rather than looking up who killed you - which I imagine is quite a lengthy list :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
nopes I got you once by the gun and again a few mins later nearer to the larger coastal gun (plus maybe also once in a bombing run in the attack plane as I heard you swear at the plane just after I got a bunch of kills).

lolz at the Taebag :lol:


Well you only came up once as my killer on the screen (I was checking). Maybe some other gimp got credit for the kill.


maybe was before the field gun headshot then - more PTFO and less clocking the kill feed, Rambo !


I was PTFO - just not very well. Didn't understand the rest of your yabber.


*sigh*

it means more running and shooting, rather than looking up who killed you - which I imagine is quite a lengthy list :D


I wasn't looking anything up - just the pop up message when I die.

Is it possible to look up a list of who killed you/who you killed in a game?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:14 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
there is, unfort due to memory requirements it only has last 10,000 who killed you, so won't be of much help to you unless you want to check the last half of the last game you played


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
there is, unfort due to memory requirements it only has last 10,000 who killed you, so won't be of much help to you unless you want to check the last half of the last game you played


You should be hosting the Oscars with comedic gold like that. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
there is, unfort due to memory requirements it only has last 10,000 who killed you, so won't be of much help to you unless you want to check the last half of the last game you played


You should be hosting the Oscars with comedic gold like that. :roll:


good Cobus right there, Bullseye-boy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
Tae was here wrote:
backrow wrote:
there is, unfort due to memory requirements it only has last 10,000 who killed you, so won't be of much help to you unless you want to check the last half of the last game you played


You should be hosting the Oscars with comedic gold like that. :roll:


good Cobus right there, Bullseye-boy


Don't say that Yeeb - I'm still snakey about shooting enemies at close range and not even getting a hit point let alone the kill. :x :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:47 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
Image

Image


Sod off Yeeb. Not 100% sure what point you're making but I presume it is negative. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33244
Location: Pigdogistan
Couldn't hit the backside of a barn door?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
yup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
backrow wrote:
yup


That might be true at times but it wasn't in the case yesterday.

The other night I walked up behind a sniper with a pistol and shot him three times in the head from point blank and nothing registered. Not happy and had nothing to with my shite shooting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33244
Location: Pigdogistan
TBF, I jumped in a game with Tae once on a NA server. It was impossible trying to hit people from any range, shitty ping.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
Nolanator wrote:
TBF, I jumped in a game with Tae once on a NA server. It was impossible trying to hit people from any range, shitty ping.


Nolanator, I don't mind so much from range because as Yeeb keeps telling me, I'm shite. But the real close up stuff when I can see my cross-hairs in the middle of some guys head does tick me right off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33244
Location: Pigdogistan
Tae was here wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
TBF, I jumped in a game with Tae once on a NA server. It was impossible trying to hit people from any range, shitty ping.


Nolanator, I don't mind so much from range because as Yeeb keeps telling me, I'm shite. But the real close up stuff when I can see my cross-hairs in the middle of some guys head does tick me right off.


I've recorded a few instances of rage quit inducing moments where I emptied an entire clip into someone point blank, only for them to suddenly warp forward a couple of metres and instantly kill me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
You record where you throw your toys out the pram !?

Anyways, update 1.20 is occuring now beeyatches, hope the stuttering stops and improves taes ping


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33244
Location: Pigdogistan
Anything really. Funny shit, good shots and other noteworthy stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:24 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Git gud m8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
Nolanator wrote:
Anything really. Funny shit, good shots and other noteworthy stuff.


That sounds pretty interesting.

I got blown out a window last week playing with Normilet and that would have looked hilarious on video.

The one where Yeeb was tank-sniping from a roof and that put of the building got blown up - then for Yeeb to walk away would have looked brilliant on video as well. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33244
Location: Pigdogistan
Frame rate seems steady. :thumbup:

I like the new LMG. Not the same rate of fire as the parabellum but faster than the Browning. Quite steady to shoot on the go, bit more forgiving than the higher RoF LMGs. Nice balance between slow and steady at range from a bipod and mad run and gun.

This assignment with support looks like it'll take a good while.

Also, I hate twats in the mortar landslip who hide in spawn taking shots every 10 second.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
I just used decoys for the first time last night for the achievement you need them for.

Is there any real use for them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5544
Anyone else getting huge ping on servers today?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
feckwanker wrote:
Anyone else getting huge ping on servers today?


My ping was the same as usual last night (200) but the jerkiness when I hit planes or boats was gone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1882
Location: Dublin
Well gents, I'm snowed in for the foreseeable future. Anyone about for some game time? I'm thinking Russian dlc, seems appropriate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3013
Location: European City of Rugger Trophies
Got my 5 head shots which unlocked a new Sniper rifle..cant think of its name..While its accurate the damage it dishes out really irritates me. 88%, 90% sort of stuff. Eeeeeugh.

Just started playing with the Medic last night for the first time ever! Quite like the machine guns!

Snow day so here WW1 here I come :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 642
Sissyfuss wrote:
Got my 5 head shots which unlocked a new Sniper rifle..cant think of its name..While its accurate the damage it dishes out really irritates me. 88%, 90% sort of stuff. Eeeeeugh.

Just started playing with the Medic last night for the first time ever! Quite like the machine guns!

Snow day so here WW1 here I come :-)


Well done Sissyfuss, that was a prick of an achievement to get. I seriously got mine with probably the last kill of the game. I was so fecking happy at the time I almost did a victory quit. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12173
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
Tae was here wrote:
maxbox wrote:
:lol: Would love to join you cool cats for a sess. Last game I played with a fellow PR member was GTA online with Thomas ( fucker has played with me since :x )


Maxbox, what is your psn handle? Come and play with us. I'm a bit rubbish sometimes and Yeeb is a bit lippy but we have a good time. We even can get some good teamwork going.


DrCerebralPalsy

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:37 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
Good Cobus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:30 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19309
On their now chaps - can’t join you in a game ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 56  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: backrow, bimboman, Bloutoria, Bobless, CarrotGawks, de_Selby, DraadkarD, etherman, Google Adsense [Bot], Gordon Bennett, guy smiley, handyman, hermie, inactionman, Jumper, Lenny, Lorthern Nights, Majestic-12 [Bot], Market Square Hero, Mr. Very Popular, Mullet 2, openclashXX, penguin, pigaaaa, P in VG, Podge, Rugby2023, Saint, Salient, sewa, Ted., The Sun God, UncleFB, Wilson's Toffee and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group