Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am 

normilet wrote:
Noticing an annoying trend recently where I'm joining Ops, and I'm either put on a team full of people who I assume have no thumbs and we get steamrolled, or it goes the opposite way and everyone is ninja and we crush em but I don't get a chance to build up a decent score.

Not liking how being on the losing side means getting more points!

this

also, I've had a couple of weeks or so of pretty consistent bad ping, jerkiness, and multi problems joining servers (keeps going back to main Ops selection screen). Was going for Sniper kills on Galacia, thought something was up as I wasn't getting kills even though I was 'sure' of a few - snuck up on one guy who was prono, gave him a headshot - seemed to miss, screen froze, then he appeared about 5m away, and a team-mate of his shot me from about 3 miles away with a MP18 optical.
GTFO

also, as you say, got into a mortar tank at the start of Volga (my fave for racking up a big score) - got to 36-0 before we completed the map. was SOOO going to smash your killstreak ! :x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 am 

normilet wrote:
Noticing an annoying trend recently where I'm joining Ops, and I'm either put on a team full of people who I assume have no thumbs and we get steamrolled, or it goes the opposite way and everyone is ninja and we crush em but I don't get a chance to build up a decent score.

Yep really frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 am 

backrow wrote:
normilet wrote:

this

also, I've had a couple of weeks or so of pretty consistent bad ping, jerkiness, and multi problems joining servers (keeps going back to main Ops selection screen). Was going for Sniper kills on Galacia, thought something was up as I wasn't getting kills even though I was 'sure' of a few - snuck up on one guy who was prono, gave him a headshot - seemed to miss, screen froze, then he appeared about 5m away, and a team-mate of his shot me from about 3 miles away with a MP18 optical.
GTFO

also, as you say, got into a mortar tank at the start of Volga (my fave for racking up a big score) - got to 36-0 before we completed the map. was SOOO going to smash your killstreak ! :x

One or both of us will have to learn to fly those damn planes properly if we want to get a truly epic kill-streak. Although I don't want to end up being like those lads who play exclusively pilot, go back and forth a hundred times over the map and get 100+ kills every round. I can't imagine anything more boring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 am 

I'm ok in attack plane and normal bomber (25 ish killstreaks) - can't get to grips with fighters or heavy bombers really, either get pom pomed or push rammed into the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 am 

I used the heavy bomber on Lupkow Pass conquest the other day. Spawned in at the very beginning of the level, gained a bit of altitude and flew directly towards the enemy spawn (no tanks on this map remember). I got 18 kills in one pass (nearly the entire team).

Any map where you can, spawn into that heavy bomber right at the start and bomb the shite out of their 'gimmie' flag or their spawn. you might get shot down but you're nearly guaranteed 6+ kills every time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:46 am 

feckwanker wrote:
I used the heavy bomber on Lupkow Pass conquest the other day. Spawned in at the very beginning of the level, gained a bit of altitude and flew directly towards the enemy spawn (no tanks on this map remember). I got 18 kills in one pass (nearly the entire team).

Any map where you can, spawn into that heavy bomber right at the start and bomb the shite out of their 'gimmie' flag or their spawn. you might get shot down but you're nearly guaranteed 6+ kills every time.

start of monte grappa is like that, with only one flag A - I utterly despair when someone spawns in a useless tank at the start like the flamethrower tank, without securing the airspace first.

in the heavier bomber, do you spam the bombs quickly for max damage in the area, or press slightly slower to spread the bombs out over a ribbon of death ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am 

backrow wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

start of monte grappa is like that, with only one flag A - I utterly despair when someone spawns in a useless tank at the start like the flamethrower tank, without securing the airspace first.

in the heavier bomber, do you spam the bombs quickly for max damage in the area, or press slightly slower to spread the bombs out over a ribbon of death ?

Difference is that there are AA guns in Monte Grappa at the A flag whereas there are none in Lupkow Pass. I spam the fuckers. Scorched earth or nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:19 am 

feckwanker wrote:
backrow wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Difference is that there are AA guns in Monte Grappa at the A flag whereas there are none in Lupkow Pass. I spam the fuckers. Scorched earth or nothing.

I'm finding that one of the most useful gadgets to have is actually the repair tool. Can keep a heavy bomber alive sometimes when without it they'd be gone in seconds. Plus savvy players will take out AA guns pretty quickly so it's handy to have. Also, specifically on Monte Grappa as a defender, the second fortress gun point on ops, it beyond useful to be able to repair the gun and blast away at the enemy when they think they've taken it out and are safe. That thing can do massive damage to tanks too, especially when they roll up and are basically 2 metres in front of you, blissfully unaware that it takes me 5 seconds to fix the gun they've just taken out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 am 

a prob I have with heavy bombers is that they are so unmanouverable, I get busted for desertion sometimes before I can fly them back into gamespace. best technique seems to be to stay high, do a wingover and gain enough speed that you can haul them around, rudders almost useless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 am 

There was some kunt repeatedly spawning in the heavy bomber when I was playing Fortress yesterday, despite being shot down several times. We were stomping them on attack, so lots of defenders were hanging back and sniping, I was prone with the LMG waiting for the bombers to make their passes. People kept repairing the AA guns as well, so the enemy aircraft were getting shot down a fair bit.
Couldn't understand why someone would want to spend an entire three battalions doing bombing runs, it wasn't even helping their team clear an objective as they attacked, most of their team were reduced to sniping or using artillery trucks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:52 am 

Nolanator wrote:
There was some kunt repeatedly spawning in the heavy bomber when I was playing Fortress yesterday, despite being shot down several times. We were stomping them on attack, so lots of defenders were hanging back and sniping, I was prone with the LMG waiting for the bombers to make their passes. People kept repairing the AA guns as well, so the enemy aircraft were getting shot down a fair bit.
Couldn't understand why someone would want to spend an entire three battalions doing bombing runs, it wasn't even helping their team clear an objective as they attacked, most of their team were reduced to sniping or using artillery trucks.

well there is an unlock where you need 5 kills in the big bomber - but presume unless he's a spaz pilot, he would have got the kills in that time.
maybe he was just nursing a killstreak or k/d ?

I think for vehicle spawns, there needs to be some kind of queing system to prevent bellends hogging inappropriate weaponry. or a voting system that can eject a poor behemoth driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am 

Oh it was definitely nursing his KDR.

They were using the wrong type of tank. They needed to swarm the objectives with landships and have the heavy bomber clear out the point at the same time. Instead they had an artillery truck and no real coordination. A few of them kept trying to flank in a boat, but they instantly died when they reached the shore. Managed to kill a boat gunner way out to sea using the M1917 telescopic. The thing is just a laser when you're prone and firing off lots of rounds.

Tanks like the artillery truck can be really useful on that map if they work up the high ridge and support the attacking infantry below, but only if they're making reasonable progress. Once the game gets to the point of an impasse, picking off players here and there doesn't help your team break out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am 

attack plane & fighter are much better at clearing out pom pom guns :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 am 

I meant clearing out the defending infantry. Agreed, bombers are useless where the AA is still active, piss easy target. Fighters and attack planes are a pain to hit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 am 

backrow wrote:

Dynamite is your only tool for that job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 am 

Nolanator wrote:
I meant clearing out the defending infantry. Agreed, bombers are useless where the AA is still active, piss easy target. Fighters and attack planes are a pain to hit.

I'm pretty ninja at zapping fighters & attack planes, esp in my AA truck :smug:

Bombers are only really good at clearing flags and taking out tanks - infantry in a trench its still FAR easier to do a strafe in an attack plane, the cannon on that has long range and can get multi kills easily, plus you can drop flares for your next pass. Bombers also have the heavy front cannon which is good, esp if doing a Pylon turn attack (needs a team mate on a mic to coordinate though)

if you don't know what a pylon turn is, its a gentle turn - ther gunner turns his gun 90 degrees to the side and fires down where the lower wing is pointing, so his bullets hit the same space and he doesn't have to amend his aim at all. makes the bomber a bit vulnerable but if there is no attacking plane or AA, its pretty safe and guaranteed kills.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 am 

feckwanker wrote:
backrow wrote:

Dynamite is your only tool for that job.

only if you are a stealth ninja like you - I always get spotted way too early for sneak flanks, even if I have slink and quick unspot perks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:28 am 

The pylon turn is the BF1 version of the AC130.

I'd love to play a heavily populated BF4 again. Not that I particularly miss the AC130, but there are just so many gameplay features that can't be done in a WW! setting.
Can't wait for WW2 (I presume).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 am 

Nolanator wrote:
The pylon turn is the BF1 version of the AC130.

I'd love to play a heavily populated BF4 again. Not that I particularly miss the AC130, but there are just so many gameplay features that can't be done in a WW! setting.
Can't wait for WW2 (I presume).

BMP was where I was at for killstreaks in that game, or the heavy tank on the big radar map (where you can hide from air attack), but nowhere near as high numbers as on the mortar tank in bf1, 20 or so tops

ww2 won't really have the behemoths which will be a shame, and the planes will be what exactly ? stukas, typhoons, IL2's ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:11 pm 

Spitfires, Hurricanes, Stukas, various Messerschmitts, Zeros, P-51s, Lancasters, B17s, Mosquitos. Loads of iconic aircraft to choose from.

Be cool if they did what they did in BF4, where there were a few different categories of aircraft, but different skins depending on what faction you play. In BF1, you have Germans and Turks flying the Sopwith Camel etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:27 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Spitfires, Hurricanes, Stukas, various Messerschmitts, Zeros, P-51s, Lancasters, B17s, Mosquitos. Loads of iconic aircraft to choose from.

Be cool if they did what they did in BF4, where there were a few different categories of aircraft, but different skins depending on what faction you play. In BF1, you have Germans and Turks flying the Sopwith Camel etc.

yup lots of aircraft - lots of high speed aircraft. can't imagine a Lancaster bomb aiming being that much fun tbh
they should do away with most aircraft for ww2, and have it where you radio in for support, and if you get the coordinates wrong, you own team gets bombed by americans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:29 pm 

:lol:

They could have a killstreak thing like COD, where if you go on a mad run, you get to call in terror bombing of the enemy's base spawn. Germans use V1/train artillery, Brit and Yanks use incendiaries and atomic bombs, Japanese use suicide bombers, Russians rape everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:35 pm 

I think they could introduce a more arcadey killstreak COD ripoff, not sure about the rapetime killstreak being of much help however.
"Jerry don't know us Russians, we will rape them toof & Nail innit comrade"

yeah nah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:44 pm 

ww2 killstreak rewards could be

3 - some kind of auto spotting, showing the nearest ten baddies
4 - an auto anti-Tae, where the next person you aim at, you hit
5 - a mortar attack you can call in
6 - auto anti Nolanator, where you get 5 mins of not being able to drive into a ditch and trap yourself
7 - a sniper to come in and auto kill someone taking aim at you
8 - super auto anti Tae, where the next person you aim at, you hit and kill
9 - an light field gun barrage you can call in
10 - partisan attack - you call in some French women in trenchcoats and white socks and sten guns, to help out
11 - a heavy field gun barrage you can call in
13 - fighter bombers to come in with rockets & bombs
15 - ground attack aircraft to come in with rockets & bombs and then stay around and strafe with cannons
17 - medium bomber wave to come in and area bomb
20 - heavy bomber wave to come in and larger area bomb
25 - Enola Gay to pop along and give entire enemy team an Orange Afro & severe tan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 pm 

FML 🤦🏼‍♂️

https://www.vg247.com/2018/04/27/battle ... iping/amp/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 am 

Balls Out! wrote:

You'll be able to disable all that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:06 am 

chaps - need to give credit where credit is due, Tae was fine last night and getting some regular top half 64 player ops scores, despite ping >200
saw him do some decent run aim shoot kill in one fluid motion type action, like wot decent players manage.

the only *spaz* he had was he flew his attack airplane into the ground, despite no fog & being relatively undamaged, and the occasional cries of 'Oh I've got one !'

I had a mixed night, couple of top fives playing as medic, inc one where the round finished in fourth place, with 4K 3D only (team was utter wank tbh). Also, attacking on Galacia, in one round I managed 7 rifle grenade kills, most of which were at LONG range (aiming up about 30') - was very :smug:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 am 

Was playing as an attacker on Galicia the other night. I think it's the third sector where the objective is the A flag in a trench in the middle of the map? I had great fun - approached the trench under protection of smoke, lay down behind a small shellhole beside the trench and just start lobbing TNT into it again and again. Utter, utter carnage with some many defenders crammed into such a small area.

Great craig :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 am 

feckwanker wrote:
Was playing as an attacker on Galicia the other night. I think it's the third sector where the objective is the A flag in a trench in the middle of the map? I had great fun - approached the trench under protection of smoke, lay down behind a small shellhole beside the trench and just start lobbing TNT into it again and again. Utter, utter carnage with some many defenders crammed into such a small area.

I know the bit you mean - I've done that with grenades, having run up along the river and then turning left toward to solitary flag.

should be on there tonight, I can smoke grenade ye if you want as I still need 25 revives so will be medic guy again (Farqhaur optical is good on that map). as you (still !) don't have a mic, how do you prefer a smoke screen ?
1. directly between you & the enemy so you can go round the side
2. directly between you & the enemy so you can go straight through it, hoping they are expecting a flank manaouver ?
3. to the side of you & the enemy, so they draw their attention there, so you can progress straight still ?

also, do you prefer the smoke right in front of them so you can advance (but can't see them to shoot them) or nearer to you and hope to bump into them pointblank ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:44 pm 

backrow wrote:
chaps - need to give credit where credit is due, Tae was fine last night and getting some regular top half 64 player ops scores, despite ping >200
saw him do some decent run aim shoot kill in one fluid motion type action, like wot decent players manage.

the only *spaz* he had was he flew his attack airplane into the ground, despite no fog & being relatively undamaged, and the occasional cries of 'Oh I've got one !'

I had a mixed night, couple of top fives playing as medic, inc one where the round finished in fourth place, with 4K 3D only (team was utter wank tbh). Also, attacking on Galacia, in one round I managed 7 rifle grenade kills, most of which were at LONG range (aiming up about 30') - was very :smug:

Yeeb my flying have got so much better. Only a few weeks ago I would barely last 10 seconds and you getting in a plane with me was an instant death sentence. I still can't really handle plane combat yet though. I do like to fly under the arch in Sinai and shot people hiding there. :D

Your rifle grenade kills were pretty sweet - especially on that open ground in Galicia.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:48 pm 

backrow wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

I know the bit you mean - I've done that with grenades, having run up along the river and then turning left toward to solitary flag.

should be on there tonight, I can smoke grenade ye if you want as I still need 25 revives so will be medic guy again (Farqhaur optical is good on that map). as you (still !) don't have a mic, how do you prefer a smoke screen ?
2. directly between you & the enemy so you can go straight through it, hoping they are expecting a flank manaouver ?
3. to the side of you & the enemy, so they draw their attention there, so you can progress straight still ?

also, do you prefer the smoke right in front of them so you can advance (but can't see them to shoot them) or nearer to you and hope to bump into them pointblank ?

I typically throw both smokes at the same time: the first one I throw as a distraction to draw their attention. I then throw the second one in front of me/directly at them and sprint straight towards them. Usually they are so confused that I get storm their position and shoot the place up or flog some TNT in through a window and clear them out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:57 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
backrow wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

I typically throw both smokes at the same time: the first one I throw as a distraction to draw their attention. I then throw the second one in front of me/directly at them and sprint straight towards them. Usually they are so confused that I get storm their position and shoot the place up or flog some TNT in through a window and clear them out.

ok, hows this for a plan. if you are near the heat of battle front of line, I will be say 10m behind you, and as I have 4 smoke grenades I will fire 2 off to the side, then 2 in front of you to run into - you can save your own smoke grenades for when you rush into the smoke yourself, and place them precisely where you want them, but from a lot closer than you were before.

lets try it anyways, if it doesn't work we can bin it - assuming we in the same squad, if you die I can call to revive you which will release yet more smoke, I will rush in about 5 secs later to revive you. my gun will wither be fedorov for close up, or Farqhaur for longer range enemy killing. Ideally we will have a supply chap nearby to replen my grenades.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm 

I'm settled in to my new gaff and have internet up and running. :thumbup:
Might get on for some rounds tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:06 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
I'm settled in to my new gaff and have internet up and running. :thumbup:
Might get on for some rounds tonight.

whoa that was quick ! nice one :thumbup:

yep I may be on for a cheeky 3-4 hours sesh :smug:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 pm 

Can’t find any servers with below 300 ping - unplayable !
Gonna try one more then sack it off for a night.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:10 pm 

Yup, spawned rigg next to ye feckW - jerky then unresponsive then I was dead . Bag of unplayable shite.

Another night perhaps lads.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:29 pm 

I turned it on, shot a few people, round ended and then I decided I was tired.

Still, it works. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:51 am 

Was like playing hide and seek trying to join a game with you guys last night.

See Nols online, join him, game immediately ends (yay, 0 points and a win).

Join Yeeb, St Quentin, game immediately ends (sh*t, 0 points and a loss).

Join Yeeb/Feckwanker again, Sinai, team getting destroyed, Yeeb immediately gone, then 5 minutes later Feckwanker is gone.

Get steamrolled. Quit for the night. :x :x

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:06 am 

yeah, the whole servers thing / finding a game or team-mate, is just bugged to feck.
nomilet joined your server
normilet left your server
normilet joined your server
etc

why on earth it just doesn't let you auto squad join your maters as a default or an option, I don't know. The ping thing is fecked, all the servers showed 5 bars, yet I join them and get Tae-like pings of 394 which is completely unplayable.
the whole Party thing is also weird, I just want to find a mate and chat, instead of going through 17 different menus.

if they sorted out the servers and game finder bit, and did a proper comms rose that gave you different options if you are on a behemoth like 'move right so I can shoot you utter twat' then it would be the perfect game.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:28 am 

normilet wrote:
Was like playing hide and seek trying to join a game with you guys last night.

See Nols online, join him, game immediately ends (yay, 0 points and a win).

Join Yeeb, St Quentin, game immediately ends (sh*t, 0 points and a loss).

Join Yeeb/Feckwanker again, Sinai, team getting destroyed, Yeeb immediately gone, then 5 minutes later Feckwanker is gone.

Get steamrolled. Quit for the night. :x :x

if you 3 and I are on there at the same time, I could be medic & smoke, Nolanator can be supply with the BAR as he's handy with that, Norm you can do your aggressive sniper with the martini & spot flares, and FeckW can carve up with the Hellreigel & TNT. would seem to be moderately balanced group, I've seen you all play with the load ups & be pretty bloody lethal, I think a decent squad using smoke well as well as spot flares, would be a real thorn to the opposition.
I would also Baggsie the driving & flying & fixed guns

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next